Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Caitanya's Crying"
The following 41 pages are in this category, out of 41 total.
- After reciting this verse, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately embraced the King and cried, "You are the most munificent! You are the most munificent!" At this point Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu did not know who the King was
- After saying this, Sri Ranga Puri lifted Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu up and embraced Him. As they embraced shoulder to shoulder, they both began to cry in ecstasy
- All the friendly ladies who came to see the child would chant the holy names, "Hari, Hari!" as soon as the child would cry
- All these saintly people incessantly chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, and they all laugh, dance, chant and cry
- As a result, sometimes Caitanya Mahaprabhu would laugh, sometimes cry, sometimes dance and sometimes sing. Sometimes He would get up and run here and there, and sometimes fall on the ground and lose consciousness
- At such times He would be greatly morose and would cry, "Alas, where is Vrndavana? Where is Krsna, the son of the King of the cowherd men? Where is that person who plays the flute"
- Caitanya continued, "Actually, My love for Krsna is far, far away. Whatever I do is actually an exhibition of pseudo love of Godhead. When you see Me cry, I am simply falsely demonstrating My great fortune. Please try to understand this beyond a doubt"
- Catching hold of His devotees, the Lord embraced them all and began to cry and cry
- Chanting the holy name in ecstasy causes Me to dance, laugh and cry. When My spiritual master heard all this, he smiled and then began to speak
- Crying, the child inquired from His mother, "Why are you angry? You have already given Me dirt to eat. What is My fault?
- Day and night Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu felt separation from Krsna. Manifesting symptoms of this separation, He cried and talked very inconsistently, like a madman
- During the day, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu engaged in various activities with His devotees, but at night He felt great separation from Krsna and used to cry
- In great ecstatic love they both began to cry, and thus their minds were slackened
- In His childhood, when the Lord was crying He would stop immediately upon hearing the holy names Krsna and Hari
- In the attitude of separation, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu appeared mad both day and night. Sometimes He laughed, and sometimes He cried; sometimes He danced, and sometimes He chanted in great sorrow
- In this way Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Ramananda Raya passed the whole night relishing the mellows of krsna-katha, topics about Krsna. While they were chanting, dancing and crying, the night ended
- Shoulder to shoulder, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Sanatana Gosvami began to cry unlimitedly. Candrasekhara was very much astonished to see this
- Similarly, whenever Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw a river, He immediately accepted it as the river Yamuna. Thus while in the forest He was filled with great ecstatic love, and He danced and fell down crying
- Sometimes He dances, laughs, sings and cries, and sometimes He roars like a lion
- Sometimes He perspired, cried, trembled and changed color, and sometimes He exhibited symptoms of helplessness, pride, exuberance and humility
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "My dear friends, I have not the slightest tinge of love of Godhead within My heart. When you see Me crying in separation, I am just falsely exhibiting a demonstration of My great fortune"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu laughed, cried, danced and made many ecstatic vibrations and sounds. Although the temple was only six miles away, to Him the distance seemed thousands of miles
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would also run very fast across the sand dunes, mistaking them for Govardhana. As He ran, He would wail and cry loudly
- Tears fell from His eyes, and His whole body trembled. His bodily hairs stood on end, He perspired heavily, and His words faltered. Sometimes He stood, and sometimes He fell. And sometimes He cried
- The Lord caused all the ladies to chant the holy names of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra on the plea of His crying, and while they chanted the Lord would smile
- The Lord then clasped the necks of the deer and began to cry. There was jubilation manifest in the bodies of the deer, and tears were in their eyes
- The Lord would cry, "O My Lord Krsna, My life and soul! O son of Maharaja Nanda, where shall I go? Where shall I attain You? O Supreme Personality who play with Your flute to Your mouth"
- Then both the Lord and His servant began to cry in ecstatic love. Indeed, the Lord was transformed by the qualities of His servant, and the servant was transformed by the qualities of his master
- We do not know what He eats that makes Him become mad, dancing, singing, sometimes laughing, crying, falling down, jumping up and rolling on the ground
- When Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu fell to the ground in ecstatic love, Lord Nityananda quickly took Him on His lap. Crying, Caitanya Mahaprabhu then got up again
- When Ramananda Raya fell to the ground and lost consciousness, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu took him upon His lap and began to cry
- When the Lord regained His senses, He began to roll on the ground. He would sometimes laugh, cry, dance and fall down. He would also chant very loudly
- When the Lord was on the lap of His mother, He would at once stop crying as soon as the ladies surrounding Him chanted the holy names and clapped their hands. This peculiar incident was observed by the neighbors with awe and veneration
- While at this place, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was in His usual ecstasy of love of Godhead and was laughing, crying, dancing and chanting. Everyone who saw Him was astonished
- While chanting the holy name of the Lord in pure ecstasy, I lose Myself, and thus I laugh, cry, dance and sing just like a madman
- While mother Saci and Jagannatha Misra were talking, child Nimai woke up and began to cry, and mother Saci took Him on her lap and allowed Him to suck her breast