Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Caitanya's Chanting"
The following 68 pages are in this category, out of 68 total.
- A student who came to see the Lord was astonished that the Lord was chanting "Gopi! Gopi!" Thus he spoke as follows
- After accepting the prasadam, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stood up and started to go, chanting the holy names, "Hari! Hari"
- After bathing in the river, the Lord walked a little distance from the bathing place and engaged in chanting the holy name of Krsna
- After some time, Svarupa Damodara could no longer hear Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu chanting. When he entered the room, he found the three doors locked, but Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was gone
- After this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu bade farewell to all the devotees from Gauda-desa (Bengal) and continued chanting with His intimate devotees who constantly remained with Him
- After traveling for six years, the Lord fixed His residence at Jagannatha Puri and stayed there for the eighteen remaining years of His life. During these eighteen years He mainly chanted Hare Krsna with His devotees
- All the people who came there during the day saw Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and the friendly behavior of Advaita Acarya. At night they had the opportunity to see the Lord's dancing and hear His chanting
- All the people who lived near Akrura-tirtha came to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and due to the large crowds, the Lord could not peacefully chant the holy name
- All these saintly people incessantly chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, and they all laugh, dance, chant and cry
- Almost like a mad lion, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went on His tour filled with ecstatic love and performing sankirtana, chanting Krsna's names as follows
- As previously, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu performed the cleansing ceremony at Gundica and chanted the famous verse jagamohana-pari-munda yau. After kirtana ended, He distributed prasadam to all the devotees and also took some Himself
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu said there is millions of Names of God, and one can chant any one of them he prefers. We chant Hare Krishna because Lord Caitanya also chanted Hare Krishna
- Chanting the holy name in ecstasy causes Me to dance, laugh and cry. When My spiritual master heard all this, he smiled and then began to speak
- Chanting this verse, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, known as Gaurahari, went on His way. As soon as He saw someone, He would request him to chant "Hari! Hari"
- Collecting My patience, therefore, I began to consider that chanting the holy name of Krsna had covered all My spiritual knowledge
- He is firmly fixed in His mission of chanting the Hare Krsna mantra, and He is firmly situated in His dualistic conclusion and in His peace
- He said, "You are a fool" "You are not qualified to study Vedanta philosophy, and therefore You must always chant the holy name of Krsna. This is the essence of all mantras, or Vedic hymns"
- His tongue is always chanting the holy name of Krsna, and from His eyes tears incessantly fall like the flowing Ganges
- I firmly believe in these words of My spiritual master, and therefore I always chant the holy name of the Lord, alone and in the association of devotees
- I saw that I had become mad by chanting the holy name, and I immediately submitted this at the lotus feet of my spiritual master
- I simply sit and try to chant the holy name of Krsna, and although I chant all day and night, I nevertheless cannot complete the chanting of My prescribed number of rounds
- In regards to your questions in the letter of May 8, Caitanya Mahaprabhu was going to see the temple of Visesvar and hundreds and thousands of people were following Him. He was chanting Hari! Hari! It was not on the bank of the Ganges
- In the attitude of separation, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu appeared mad both day and night. Sometimes He laughed, and sometimes He cried; sometimes He danced, and sometimes He chanted in great sorrow
- In the morning, after regular duties were completed and the Lord was chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, the people accompanied Sacimata to the house of Advaita Acarya
- It was only with great difficulty that the cowherd men were able to keep the cows back. Then when the Lord chanted, all the deer heard His sweet voice and approached Him
- Lord Caitanya chanted: "O Lord Rama, descendant of King Raghu, please protect Me. O Krsna, O Kesava, killer of the Kesi demon, please maintain Me"
- Lord Caitanyas students criticized Him: "Why are You chanting the names of the gopis? Why not 'Krsna'?" Lord Caitanya was irritated by the criticism, and so there was some misunderstanding between Him and His students
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu chanted: Rama! Raghava! Rama! Raghava! Rama! Raghava! raksa mam. Krsna! Kesava! Krsna! Kesava! Krsna! Kesava! pahi mam
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu passed the Caturmasya months with the Sri Vaisnavas, singing, chanting the holy name and dancing
- My dear lord, what kind of mantra have you given Me? I have become mad simply by chanting this maha-mantra
- My dear Lord, when will My eyes be beautified by filling with tears that constantly glide down as I chant Your holy name? When will My voice falter and all the hairs on My body stand erect in transcendental happiness as I chant Your holy name?
- Observing the beggars eating prasadam, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu chanted, "Haribol!" and instructed them to chant the holy name
- One can fully understand the transcendental Lord by service and devotion. When Lord Caitanya offenselessly chanted the Hare Krsna mantra, He declared that the mantra could at once deliver a conditioned soul from material contamination
- Out of sheer foolishness the disciples of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked the Lord why He was chanting the names of the gopis and advised Him to chant the name of Krsna
- Seven devotees - Advaita, Nityananda, Haridasa Thakura, Vakresvara, Srivasa Thakura, Raghava Pandita and Gadadhara Pandita - formed seven groups and began dancing. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, chanting "Haribol!" wandered from one group to another
- Since I received this order from My spiritual master, I always chant the holy name, but I thought that by chanting and chanting the holy name I had been bewildered
- Sitting in His room, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would chant on His beads, and Advaita Prabhu would come there to worship the Lord
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu proceeded toward Jagannatha Puri with four of His devotees, and He chanted the holy name of the Lord, the Hare Krsna mantra, with great eagerness
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu remained awake throughout the entire night, chanting the Hare Krsna mantra very loudly
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to sit beneath the old tamarind tree and chant the holy name of the Lord. At noon He would return to Akrura-tirtha to take lunch
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would go to Vrndavana and sit in a solitary place, where He would chant the holy name until noon
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would worship Advaita Acarya by chanting the mantra "Whatever You are, You are-but I offer My respects unto You." In addition, the Lord would make some sounds within His mouth that would make Advaita Acarya laugh
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra must be understood to be devoid of all offenses
- Sri Caitanya was God Himself according to the indication of the revealed scriptures, but He played the part of a devotee. People who knew Him to be God addressed Him as God, but He used to block His ears with His hands and chant the name of Lord Visnu
- Tears are flowing from My eyes like torrents of rain, and I am feeling all vacant in the world in Your absence. This is the perfectional stage of chanting
- The Lord (Caitanya) chanted: Krsna! Krsna! Krsna! Krsna! Krsna! Krsna! Krsna! he. Krsna! Krsna! Krsna! Krsna! Krsna! Krsna! Krsna! he. Krsna! Krsna! Krsna! Krsna! Krsna! Krsna! raksa mam. Krsna! Krsna! Krsna! Krsna! Krsna! Krsna! pahi mam
- The Lord took His karatalas in His hands and personally began chanting the Hare Krsna mantra, looking up toward the sky as if to direct the demigods in the higher planets. Thus all the assembled clouds dispersed
- The sky was filled with the great and loud chanting of sankirtana, and the earth shook from the jumping and dancing of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- This mantra was previously chanted by Lord Caitanya when He took sannyasa. Therefore we Gaudiya Vaisnava's when we accept sannyasa we follow the footsteps of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Thus in the association of Svarupa Damodara and Raya Ramananda, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu passed His days and nights chanting and hearing with great pleasure
- When evening clouds assembled overhead and thundered threateningly, all the Vaisnavas were very much afraid. But the Lord (Caitanya) took His karatalas in His hands and personally began chanting the Hare Krsna mantra
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu chanted this verse, Haridasa Thakura, upon hearing the vibration, became jubilant and began to dance while praising its meaning
- When the Lord loudly chanted "Haribol!" the trees and creepers became jubilant to hear Him
- When the Lord passed through the solitary forest chanting the holy name of Krsna, the tigers and elephants, seeing Him, gave way
- When the Lord regained His senses, He began to roll on the ground. He would sometimes laugh, cry, dance and fall down. He would also chant very loudly
- Whenever the crowds were too great, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stood up, raised His hands and chanted, "Hari! Hari!" to which all the people responded, filling both the land and sky with the vibration
- While chanting the holy name of the Lord in pure ecstasy, I lose Myself, and thus I laugh, cry, dance and sing just like a madman
- While the Lord was transported from the throne to the car, tumultuous sounds were made on various musical instruments. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was chanting "Manima! Manima!" but He could not be heard
- While walking on the road, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to chant this Rama Raghava mantra. Chanting in this way, He arrived at the banks of the Gautami-ganga and took His bath there
- Whoever heard Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu chant "Hari! Hari!" also chanted the holy name of Lord Hari and Krsna. In this way they all followed the Lord, very eager to see Him
- Why are You chanting the names 'gopi gopi' instead of the holy name of Lord Krsna, which is so glorious? What pious result will You achieve by such chanting?
- With His transcendental hands, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu personally covered the body of Haridasa Thakura with sand, chanting "Haribol! Haribol"
- You (Lord Caitanya) are a fool,' he (Isvara Puri) said. ‘You are not qualified to study Vedanta philosophy, and therefore You must always chant the holy name of Krsna. This is the essence of all mantras, or Vedic hymns
- You have loudly chanted the Hare Krsna mantra, and everyone, moving or not moving, has benefited by hearing it