bumblebee | bumblebees | honeybee | honeybees
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Bumblebee"
The following 61 pages are in this category, out of 61 total.
- A learned man takes the essence of knowledge from all places, just as a bumblebee collects honey from each and every flower
- After offering my obeisances unto all the devotees of Sri Nityananda Prabhu, who are like bumblebees collecting honey from His lotus feet, I shall try to describe those who are the most prominent
- All living entities, especially human beings, think themselves very happy in the midst of families. As if living in a flower garden and hearing the sweet humming of bumblebees, everyone is centered around his wife, who is the beauty of family life
- Approaching the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the goddess of fortune placed upon His shoulders the garland of newly grown lotus flowers, which was surrounded by humming bumblebees searching for honey
- Aquatic birds such as swans, ducks, water chickens, and cranes become greatly excited by the fragrance of lotus flowers, and the charming sound of bumblebees fills the air. The inhabitants of those lands are important leaders among the demigods
- Attracted by the aroma of Her (Mohini-murti's) face and body, bumblebees hummed around Her, and thus Her eyes were restless. Her hair, which was extremely beautiful, was garlanded with mallika flowers
- Because there were so many nice trees of fruits and flowers, all the sweetly chirping birds and buzzing bumblebees joined together to make sweet vibrations
- Bumblebees and birds like the parrot and cuckoo all began to sing loudly on the fifth note, and the peacocks began to dance in front of the Lord
- Bumblebees became mad after the fragrance & sweetness of the atmosphere. Being pleased by the humming sound of the bees, Krsna would play His flute, & together the sounds became so sweet to hear that aquatic birds like cranes, swans & ducks were charmed
- Haridasa Thakura made Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sit down in front of him, and then he fixed his eyes, like two bumblebees, on the lotus face of the Lord
- He was perspiring, liquor dripped from his mouth & his vision was overwhelmed by intoxication. He was being served by bumblebees who drank honey & from a distance he could smell the dust of the lotus flowers, which was carried from the lake by the breeze
- Her (Radharani's) glance is so enchanting that it is like a dancing bumblebee moving unsteadily due to intoxication. That bee has bitten the whorl of My (Krsna's) heart
- His red stick moving in His hand, He seemed like a maddened lion. All around the four sides of His feet were bumblebees
- If one tastes the nectar of Sri Caitanya-caritamrta with faith and love, I become like a bumblebee tasting the honey of transcendental love from his lotus feet
- In the garden were fully blossomed trees and creepers exactly like those in Vrndavana. Bumblebees and birds like the suka, sari and pika talked with one another
- Lalita said: "The borders of Krsna's eyes roam from side to side, and His eyebrows move slowly like bumblebees on His lotuslike face
- Lilies open or close because of the sunshine, and thus the bumblebees enjoy or suffer, but the sunshine and the sun globe are not responsible for the happiness and distress of the bumblebees
- Mad emotional talks include ten divisions, called prajalpa and other names. An example of this is the ten verses spoken by Srimati Radharani called The Song to the Bumblebee
- Mohini-murti's large breasts made Her waist seem very thin. Attracted by the aroma of Her face and body, bumblebees hummed around Her, and thus Her eyes were restless. Her hair, which was extremely beautiful, was garlanded with mallika flowers
- My dear friend, this forest of Vrndavana is giving great pleasure to our senses in various ways. Somewhere bumblebees are singing in groups, and in some places mild breezes are cooling the entire atmosphere
- My dear King, please search out that deer who is engaged in eating grass in a very nice flower garden along with his wife. That deer is very much attached to his business, and he is enjoying the sweet singing of the bumblebees in his garden
- O all-auspicious tulasi plant, you are very dear to Govinda's lotus feet, and He is very dear to you. Have you seen Krsna walking here wearing a garland of your leaves, surrounded by a swarm of bumblebees
- One should also concentrate on the nice garland on the neck of the Lord, which is always surrounded by bumblebees, with their nice buzzing sound
- Our policy should be for maintenance to take from many persons. Big donations should go to the building and book funds. Our policy is "madhukari'' or the profession of the bumblebee
- Radharani said to the bumblebee: "All the women in the three worlds where death is inevitable - the heavenly, middle and lower planets - are very easily available to Krsna because His curved eyebrows are so attractive"
- Radharani said to the bumblebee: "Krsna is always served very faithfully by the goddess of fortune. In comparison with her, we are most insignificant. Indeed, we are nothing. Yet although He is very cunning, Krsna is also very charitable"
- Radharani said to the bumblebee: "O collector of honey, Krsna must be very sorry not to see us gopis. Surely He is afflicted by memories of our pastimes. Therefore He has sent you as a messenger to satisfy us. Do not speak to us!"
- Radharani said to the bumblebee: "You may inform Him that He is praised for His kindness to unfortunate persons and that He is therefore known as Uttamasloka, one who is praised by chosen words and verses"
- Realized devotees are like bumblebees maddened by their own mellows at Krsna's lotus feet. The scent of those lotus feet perfumes the entire world
- Resting one hand on the shoulder of Srimati Radharani, holding a lotus flower in the other, and being followed by a swarm of bumblebees maddened by the fragrance of tulasi flowers
- Sannyasi, brahmacari collects little, little, little from everywhere; that is called madhukari, exactly following the footsteps of madhukara, bumblebees
- Seeing the bumblebees following Purvacitti, Maharaja Agnidhra said: Just as great sages resort to the branches of Vedic literatures, the bumblebees are enjoying the showers of flowers falling from your hair
- Seeing the bumblebees following Purvacitti, Maharaja Agnidhra said: My dear Lord, the bumblebees surrounding your body are like disciples surrounding your worshipable self
- Seeing the bumblebees following Purvacitti, Maharaja Agnidhra said: They are incessantly chanting the mantras of the Sama Veda and the Upanisads, thus offering prayers to you
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very thirsty to see the Lord, and His eyes became like two bumblebees drinking the honey from the lotuslike eyes of Lord Jagannatha, who is Krsna Himself
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, His mind thus stolen by the scent of Krsna's body, ran here and there like a bumblebee. He ran to the trees and plants, hoping that Lord Krsna would appear, but instead He found only that scent
- Struggling for existence in this way, he cannot get the shelter of pure devotees, who are like bumblebees engaged in loving service at the lotus feet of Lord Visnu
- The bumblebees were humming about in order to get honey from the flowers. Krsna and the gopis entered the water of the Yamuna just as an elephant enters a water tank with his many female companions
- The devotees of Krishna are the most exalted persons on this planet, better than kings, all of them, so we should always remember that and, like the bumblebee, always look for the nectar or the best qualities of a person
- The garden was full of lotuses and trees of flowers and fruits and was inhabited by sweetly singing birds and bumblebees
- The gopis continued, "A person attached to the wives of others is interested in them as long as there is a need of sense gratification, just as bumblebees have interest in flowers as long as they want to take the honey out of them"
- The King's residence was surrounded by gardens wherein there were varieties of trees brought from the heavenly planets. In those trees there were pairs of sweetly singing birds and almost-mad bumblebees, which made a very relishable buzzing sound
- The luster of His beautiful face increased at every moment, and the eyes of hundreds and thousands of devotees drank its honey like bumblebees
- The moon was shining in the sky, surrounded by glittering stars. The breeze was blowing, bearing the aroma of mallika flowers, and the bumblebees were mad after the aroma
- The ocean, which is the source of all valuable jewels, supplied the upper and lower portions of a yellow silken garment. The predominating deity of the water, Varuna, presented flower garlands surrounded by six-legged bumblebees, drunken with honey
- The sweet, fragrant honey oozing from newly grown mango buds is again and again attracting groups of bumblebees, and this forest is trembling in the softly moving breezes from the Malaya Hills, which are full of sandalwood trees
- The trees appeared to be very jolly due to the sweet humming of the bumblebees, and the saffron, which was contained in the lotus flowers, was being thrown into the air
- The word 'muni' also means 'bird' and 'bumblebee.' The word 'nirgrantha' refers to foolish people. By the mercy of Krsna, such creatures contact a sadhu (spiritual master) and thus engage in devotional service
- There were also bilva, kapittha, jambira and bhallataka trees. Intoxicated bumblebees drank honey and hummed with the chirping of the birds, whose songs were very melodious
- There were various trees and creepers on all sides of the lake, and there were mad bumblebees humming all about them. The trees appeared to be very jolly due to the sweet humming of the bumblebees
- They are incessantly chanting the mantras of the Sama Veda and the Upanisads, thus offering prayers to you. Just as great sages resort to the branches of Vedic literatures, the bumblebees are enjoying the showers of flowers falling from your hair
- To stop the bumblebees from landing on the face of His beloved, He whisked them away with the lotus flower in His hand, and thus His mind was slightly diverted
- Two sharks & two restless fish are swimming in the lake of your face. Besides them, the white rows of your teeth seem like rows of very beautiful swans in the water, & your scattered hair resembles swarms of bumblebees following the beauty of your face