Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
bumblebee | bumblebees | honeybee | honeybees
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Radharani and the Bumblebee (3 P)
Pages in category "Bumblebee"
The following 52 pages are in this category, out of 52 total.
- A learned man takes the essence of knowledge from all places, just as a bumblebee collects honey from each and every flower
- All living entities, especially human beings, think themselves very happy in the midst of families. As if living in a flower garden and hearing the sweet humming of bumblebees, everyone is centered around his wife, who is the beauty of family life
- Approaching the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the goddess of fortune placed upon His shoulders the garland of newly grown lotus flowers, which was surrounded by humming bumblebees searching for honey
- Aquatic birds such as swans, ducks, water chickens, and cranes become greatly excited by the fragrance of lotus flowers, and the charming sound of bumblebees fills the air
- Attracted by the aroma of Her (Mohini-murti's) face and body, bumblebees hummed around Her, and thus Her eyes were restless. Her hair, which was extremely beautiful, was garlanded with mallika flowers
- Because there were so many nice trees of fruits and flowers, all the sweetly chirping birds and buzzing bumblebees joined together to make sweet vibrations
- Bumblebees and birds like the parrot and cuckoo all began to sing loudly on the fifth note, and the peacocks began to dance in front of the Lord
- Bumblebees became mad after the fragrance & sweetness of the atmosphere. Being pleased by the humming sound of the bees, Krsna would play His flute, & together the sounds became so sweet to hear that aquatic birds like cranes, swans & ducks were charmed
- Lalita said: "The borders of Krsna's eyes roam from side to side, and His eyebrows move slowly like bumblebees on His lotuslike face
- Lilies open or close because of the sunshine, and thus the bumblebees enjoy or suffer, but the sunshine and the sun globe are not responsible for the happiness and distress of the bumblebees
- Mad emotional talks include ten divisions, called prajalpa and other names. An example of this is the ten verses spoken by Srimati Radharani called The Song to the Bumblebee
- Mohini-murti's large breasts made Her waist seem very thin. Attracted by the aroma of Her face and body, bumblebees hummed around Her, and thus Her eyes were restless. Her hair, which was extremely beautiful, was garlanded with mallika flowers
- My dear friend, this forest of Vrndavana is giving great pleasure to our senses in various ways. Somewhere bumblebees are singing in groups, and in some places mild breezes are cooling the entire atmosphere
- One of the gopis, namely Srimati Radharani, was so much absorbed in thoughts of Krsna by dint of Her personal touch with Him that She actually began to talk with a bumblebee which was flying there and trying to touch Her lotus feet
- Our policy should be for maintenance to take from many persons. Big donations should go to the building and book funds. Our policy is "madhukari'' or the profession of the bumblebee
- Radharani addressed the bumblebee: As far as We are concerned, We are more intelligent than the goddess of fortune. We are not going to be cheated anymore by Krsna or His messengers
- Radharani continued, "You (bumblebee) feel very proud because of having touched that garland, and your mustaches have become reddish. You have come here carrying a message for Me, anxious to touch My feet"
- Radharani said to the bumblebee: "All the women in the three worlds where death is inevitable - the heavenly, middle and lower planets - are very easily available to Krsna because His curved eyebrows are so attractive"
- Radharani said to the bumblebee: "Krsna is always served very faithfully by the goddess of fortune. In comparison with her, we are most insignificant. Indeed, we are nothing. Yet although He is very cunning, Krsna is also very charitable"
- Radharani said to the bumblebee: "O collector of honey, Krsna must be very sorry not to see us gopis. Surely He is afflicted by memories of our pastimes. Therefore He has sent you as a messenger to satisfy us. Do not speak to us!"
- Radharani said to the bumblebee: "You may inform Him that He is praised for His kindness to unfortunate persons and that He is therefore known as Uttamasloka, one who is praised by chosen words and verses"
- Realized devotees are like bumblebees maddened by their own mellows at Krsna's lotus feet. The scent of those lotus feet perfumes the entire world
- Sannyasi, brahmacari collects little, little, little from everywhere; that is called madhukari, exactly following the footsteps of madhukara, bumblebees
- Seeing the bumblebees following Purvacitti, Maharaja Agnidhra said: Just as great sages resort to the branches of Vedic literatures, the bumblebees are enjoying the showers of flowers falling from your hair
- Seeing the bumblebees following Purvacitti, Maharaja Agnidhra said: My dear Lord, the bumblebees surrounding your body are like disciples surrounding your worshipable self
- Seeing the bumblebees following Purvacitti, Maharaja Agnidhra said: They are incessantly chanting the mantras of the Sama Veda and the Upanisads, thus offering prayers to you
- She (Srimati Radharani) addressed the bumblebee, "Your master Krsna is exactly of your quality. You sit down on a flower, and after tasting a little honey you immediately fly away and sit on another flower and taste"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very thirsty to see the Lord, and His eyes became like two bumblebees drinking the honey from the lotuslike eyes of Lord Jagannatha, who is Krsna Himself
- Srimati Radharani began to talk with it as follows, "Bumblebee, you are accustomed to drinking honey from flower to flower, and therefore you have preferred to be a messenger of Krsna, who is of the same nature as you"
- Srimati Radharani continued, "I shall give you anything because you are so kind to Me. You (bumblebee) have come to take Me to Krsna because He is not able to come here, being surrounded by new girlfriends in Mathura. But you are a tiny creature"
- Srimati Radharani continued, "You foolish bumblebee, you are trying to satisfy Me and get a reward by singing the glories of Krsna, but it is a useless attempt. We gopis are bereft of all our possessions. We are away from our homes and families"
- The bumblebee is very much favored by Krishna and Radharani. Sometimes the bumblebee is taken as a messenger by Radharani and she rebukes the bumblebee because the bumblebee is blackish and Krishna is also blackish
- The bumblebees were humming about in order to get honey from the flowers. Krsna and the gopis entered the water of the Yamuna just as an elephant enters a water tank with his many female companions
- The devotees of Krishna are the most exalted persons on this planet, better than kings, all of them, so we should always remember that and, like the bumblebee, always look for the nectar or the best qualities of a person
- The gopis continued, "A person attached to the wives of others is interested in them as long as there is a need of sense gratification, just as bumblebees have interest in flowers as long as they want to take the honey out of them"
- The lotus feet of the Lord are exactly like the parijata trees, or wish-fulfilling trees, and the devotees are like bumblebees. They are always attracted by the lotus feet of the Lord
- The luster of His beautiful face increased at every moment, and the eyes of hundreds and thousands of devotees drank its honey like bumblebees
- The moon was shining in the sky, surrounded by glittering stars. The breeze was blowing, bearing the aroma of mallika flowers, and the bumblebees were mad after the aroma
- The predominating deity of the water, Varuna, presented flower garlands (to Laksmi) surrounded by six-legged bumblebees, drunken with honey
- The sweet, fragrant honey oozing from newly grown mango buds is again and again attracting groups of bumblebees, and this forest is trembling in the softly moving breezes from the Malaya Hills, which are full of sandalwood trees
- The trees appeared to be very jolly due to the sweet humming of the bumblebees, and the saffron, which was contained in the lotus flowers, was being thrown into the air
- The word 'muni' also means 'bird' and 'bumblebee.' The word 'nirgrantha' refers to foolish people. By the mercy of Krsna, such creatures contact a sadhu (spiritual master) and thus engage in devotional service
- These talks of Radharani with the bumblebee messenger, including Her accusing Krsna in so many ways and at the same time expressing Her inability to give up talking about Him, are signs of the topmost transcendental ecstasy, called maha-bhava