Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
bridegroom | bridegrooms | bridegroom's
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Bride (27 P)
Pages in category "Bridegroom"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.
- According to the Vedic system, when a girl is married, she is very profusely and gorgeously decorated with costly saris and jewelry, and during the marriage ceremony the bride circumambulates the bridegroom seven times
- According to Vedic convention, there are eight kinds of marriage. In the first-class marriage system, the parents of the bride and bridegroom arrange the marriage date
- After this (during the marriage ceremony the bride circumambulates the bridegroom seven times), the bridegroom and bride look at one another and become attracted for life
- As stated in Bhagavad-gita, God can also be pleased even by a fruit and a flower. When there is financial inability and no question of accumulating a dowry by another means, one can give a fruit and flower for the satisfaction of the bridegroom
- As stated in the Vedic scriptures, the first-class process is to call the bridegroom to the home of the bride and hand her to him in charity with a dowry of necessary ornaments, gold, furniture and other household paraphernalia
- Empress Satarupa lovingly gave most valuable presents, suitable for the occasion, such as jewelry, clothes and household articles, in dowry to the bride (Devahuti) and bridegroom (Kardama Muni)
- Exceptionally qualified daughters of powerful kings were allowed to make a choice of their own bridegrooms in open competition, and such ceremonies were called svayamvara, or personal selection of the bridegroom
- I am in due receipt of your invitation letter and I am very glad that your daughter Kum Kum is going to be married. Please convey all my blessings to the bride and bridegroom
- In royal style, the bridegroom goes to the house of the bride, and in the presence of brahmanas, priests and relatives, the bride is given in charity to the bridegroom. Besides this, there are other systems, such as the gandharva and raksasa marriages
- In the Vedic system of marriage, the bride's father receives the large party of the bridegroom and accommodates them in a suitable place for two or three days until the marriage ceremony is performed
- In the Vedic way of marriage a dowry is still given to the bridegroom by the father of the bride; even in poverty-stricken India there are marriages where hundreds and thousands of rupees are spent for a dowry
- Satya said, "My father arranged for an assembly for my svayamvara, and to test the strength and heroism of the prospective bridegrooms, he stipulated that they each fight with his seven ferocious bulls, which had long, sharp horns"
- Sir, I am not a suitable bridegroom for your daughter. I render service to you only for the satisfaction of Krsna
- Sisupala was selected as her (Rukmini) bridegroom by Rukmini's elder brother, although King Bhismaka wanted his daughter to be married to Krsna
- The bride and bridegroom were ceremoniously seated on the chariot, and they started for Dvaraka, accompanied by the bridegroom's party
- The bridegroom's (Rukmini's) party was always protected by Lord Krsna, the killer of the Madhu demon. Thus they left Rukmi's kingdom, Bhojakata, and happily started for Dvaraka
- The ceremony should be observed by chanting Hare Krishna before the fire, offering the clarified butter with the word Saha, and the bride and groom should exchange their garlands before the Lord Krishna deity and promise not to be separated in life
- The fire-god Agni became attracted by the beauty of Satadruti while she was circumambulating the bridegroom Pracinabarhi, just as he had previously been attracted to the beauty of Suki, the wife of Saptarsi
- The first-class marriage is held by inviting a suitable bridegroom for the daughter and giving her in charity, well dressed and well decorated with ornaments, along with a dowry according to the means of the father
- There is a story. A bridegroom was selected. So, the other party, bride's party, they inquired how the bridegroom was quite qualified. So they said, "He's a doctor." Then they inquired, "What kind of doctor? Doctor of philosophy, doctor of medicine or"