Category:Books about Devotional Service to God
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Bhagavad-gita (75 C, 140 P)
Pages in category "Books about Devotional Service to God"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.
- A pure devotee is constantly engaged. Sometimes he chants, sometimes he hears or reads books about Krsna, or sometimes he cooks prasadam or goes to the marketplace to purchase something for Krsna
- According to Srila Rupa Gosvami, any book which gives enlightenment in the matter of advancing devotional service is considered to be revealed scripture
- After renouncing everything, Srila Jiva Gosvami went to Vrndavana. Later he also wrote many books on devotional service and expanded the work of preaching
- Although I am the lowest of men and have no knowledge, the inspiration to write transcendental literatures about devotional service has been mercifully bestowed upon me
- And one should also not be very enthusiastic about constructing new temples, nor should one be enthusiastic about reading various types of books, save and except the ones which lead to the advancement of devotional service
- As will be explained in this book by the greatest authority, Srila Sukadeva Gosvami, there is no religion save and except the devotional service of the Lord, though this may be presented in different forms
- Both Rupa Gosvami and Sanatana Gosvami brought various scriptures to Vrndavana and collected the essence of these by compiling many scriptures on devotional service. In this way they delivered all rascals and fallen souls
- By the order of Nityananda Prabhu, he went to Vrndavana and actually achieved the result of His order, for he compiled many books for a long time and preached the cult of bhakti from there
- I can understand from the words of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu that He wants you to write books about the conclusive decision of devotional service and about the regulative principles ascertained from the revealed scriptures
- In particular, Srila Jiva Gosvami compiled the book named Bhagavata-sandarbha, or Sat-sandarbha, which is the essence of all scriptures. From this book one can obtain a conclusive understanding of devotional service and the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- In the Bhakti-ratnakara by Narahari Cakravarti there is a list of the books Sri Rupa Gosvami compiled. Of all his books, sixteen are very popular among Vaisnavas
- In Vrndavana there are prakrta-sahajiyas who say that writing books or even touching books is taboo
- So the devotee is sometimes called bhagavatam, and the book which is in relationship with devotional service to the Supreme Personality of Godhead is also called Bhagavatam
- Sri Rupa Gosvami's nephew, Srila Jiva Gosvami, has compiled so many books on devotional service that there is no counting them
- Srila Rupa Gosvami also wrote many books, the most famous of which is the Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu. From that book one can understand the essence of devotional service to Krsna and the transcendental mellows one can derive from such service
- Srila Rupa Gosvami has given many other books, such as Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, Vidagdha-madhava and Lalita-madhava, but Upadesamrta constitutes the first instructions for neophyte devotees
- Srila Sanatana Gosvami compiled the Brhad-bhagavatamrta. From this book one can understand who is a devotee, what is the process of devotional service, and who is Krsna, the Absolute Truth
- The Lord said, "Whatever you have told Me about devotional service is all supported by these two books"
- There are innumerable books which contain countless subjects for discussion among two devotees or more. Friendship should be cemented between persons with mutual interests and understanding
- This steady position in devotional service is explained in the book known as Hamsaduta
- Thus Srila Rupa Gosvami, Sanatana Gosvami and their nephew Srila Jiva Gosvami, as well as practically all of their family members, lived in Vrndavana and published important books on devotional service