Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
bitter | bitterly | bitterness
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Grief (3 C, 74 P)
Pages in category "Bitter"
The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total.
- Best is nim wood if such wood (bitter in taste) is available there then why not make Gaura Nitai from wood
- Bhajahu Re Mana, 1972 - If you train the mind, then mind is your best friend. And if you cannot train your mind, then will be your bitterest enemy
- Bombay was a great strain, but Krsna has now given it to us. Henceforth we should not accept too much strain. It was a very bitter experience for me in Bombay
- I may request you to send me some of that bitter melon that you are growing there. You take some of that bitter and cut into pieces and dry it, then send
- In his helpless condition, gnats, mosquitoes, bugs and other germs bite the baby, whose skin is tender, just as smaller worms bite a big worm. The unborn child, deprived of his wisdom, cries bitterly
- In the pursuit of self-realization, one has to follow many rules and regulations to control the mind and the senses and to concentrate the mind on the self. All these procedures are very difficult, bitter like poison
- It is stated that the sweetness of happiness is sweeter to those who have tasted bitterness
- Princes offered prayers to Krsna, "We now have sufficient experience of the miserable material life in which we are fully absorbed & having tasted its bitterness, we have come to take shelter under Your lotus feet. Therefore please give us protection"
- Pungent preparations made with black pepper, sweet-and-sour preparations, ginger, salty preparations, limes, milk, yogurt, sugar candy, two or four kinds of spinach, soup made with bitter melon, eggplant mixed with nimba flowers, and fried patola
- Since Sri Caitanya, is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, He extracts the purpose from everything. He accepted Damayanti's affection for Him, and therefore He derived great pleasure even from the dried bitter leaves of sukuta and from kasandi
- Sir, You are making Jagadananda drink the nectar of affectionate relationships, whereas by offering me honorable prayers, You are making me drink the bitter juice of nimba and nisinda
- The present age is characterized by a bitter struggle for a life of short duration
- The present age is characterized by a bitter struggle for a life of short duration. People are not serious about self-realization even by simple, practical means, and what to speak of this difficult yoga system
- The transcendental name, fame, attributes, pastimes, and entourage of the Personality of Godhead tastes bitter to those who are suffering from the infection of material consciousness, but it is very sweet to those who have recovered from this infection
- The Vedanta-sutra was compiled for persons already above the mundane topics, who might already have tasted the bitterness of the so-called happiness of mundane affairs
- There was sukhta, bitter melon mixed with all kinds of vegetables, defying the taste of nectar. There were five types of bitter and pungent sukhtas
- There were about ten kinds of spinach, a soup called sukhta, which was made with bitter nimba leaves, a pungent preparation made with black pepper, a mild cake made of fried curd, and buttermilk mixed with small fried pieces of dhal
- These are the names of some of the pickles and condiments in the bags of Raghava Pandita: amra-kasandi, ada-kasandi, jhala-kasandi, nembu-ada, tailamra and ama-satta. With great attention, Damayanti also made dried bitter vegetables into a powder
- They (Advaita Acarya and others) offered pungent preparations made with black pepper, sweet-and-sour preparations, ginger, salty preparations, limes, milk, yogurt, sugar candy, two or four kinds of spinach and soup made with bitter melon
- They (Advaita and others) offered soup made with bitter melon, eggplant mixed with nimba flowers, and fried patola
- They offered pungent preparations made with black pepper, sweet-and-sour preparations, ginger, salty preparations, limes, milk, yogurt, cheese, two or four kinds of spinach, soup made with bitter melon, eggplant mixed with nimba flowers, & fried patola
- Those who are devoid of all transcendental mellows are like the crows that suck the juice from the bitter fruits of the nimba tree of knowledge