Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
bind | binder | binders | bindery | binding | bindings | binds
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Bind"
The following 49 pages are in this category, out of 49 total.
- A person who appropriates another's legitimate wife, children or money is arrested at the time of death by the fierce Yamadutas, who bind him with the rope of time and forcibly throw him into the hellish planet known as Tamisra
- Although He (Krsna) is beyond the reach of all senses, she (mother Yasoda) endeavored to bind Him to a wooden grinding mortar. But when she tried to bind Him, she found that the rope she was using was too short - by two inches
- Any other action devoid of Krsna consciousness, is binding upon the worker, and that is the real aspect of vikarma, as explained hereinbefore
- As She (Mohini-murti) played with the ball, the sari covering Her body became loose, and Her hair scattered. She tried to bind Her hair with Her beautiful left hand, and at the same time She played with the ball by striking it with Her right hand
- As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, every action of life produces another reaction, which is binding upon us, and only those who are acting on behalf of Yajna (Visnu) are not bound by reactions
- As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, the result of work, either pious or impious, is sure to bind a man unless the work is discharged as yajna on behalf of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Hence even though he is the passive performer of all activities, how can there be freedom for the soul as long as material nature acts on him and binds him?
- How then could we keep this boy home by binding him with ropes? It is not possible even for one's father to nullify the reactions of one's past activities
- In great humility, both brothers took bunches of straw between their teeth and, each binding a cloth around his neck, fell down like rods before the Lord
- In pure Krsna consciousness, a friend mounts the shoulder of Krsna, and mother Yasoda binds the Lord
- In the material world sex urge is the binding force for material existence. A determined person tolerates such sex urges as one tolerates the itching sensation of eczema
- Know that the mode of darkness, born of ignorance, is the delusion of all embodied living entities. The results of this mode are madness, indolence and sleep, which bind the conditioned soul
- Krsna and Balarama carried binding ropes on Their shoulders and in Their hands, just like ordinary cowherd boys. While milking the cows, the boys bound their hind legs with a small rope
- Krsna cannot be measured. How then did Yasoda want to measure Him and bind Him?
- Krsna has become fearful to Yasoda: "My dear mother, kindly do not bind Me. I shall obey your orders." So Yasoda has become more than God, more than Krsna
- Krsna, as a child, was disturbing His mother by His naughty activities, and she wanted to bind Him up
- Lord Krsna thought: "Mother sometimes binds Me as her son. She nourishes and protects Me, thinking Me utterly helpless"
- Lord Siva prayed to Lord Sankarsana, "My dear Lord, please liberate all Your devotees from material life and bind all the nondevotees to the material world. Without Your mercy, no one can be released from the bondage of material existence"
- Neither any sinful nor any virtuous act can bring freedom from the bondage of work, as we have explained above. On the contrary, both sinful and virtuous acts will bind the worker up in the wheel of action and reaction
- No one can bind Krsna by any means other than love. He is bound only by obligation to His devotees, because of their ecstatic love for Him
- Now, in this chapter (the fourteenth chapter of Bhagavad-gita), the Supreme Personality explains what those modes of nature are, how they act, how they bind and how they give liberation
- On account of the dirty things in the heart, he (the conditioned soul) likes to serve his concocted desires. These desires, instead of giving him any peace of mind, create new problems and thus bind him to the cycle of repeated birth and death
- One has to work for the satisfaction of Visnu. Any other work done in this material world will be a cause of bondage, for both good and evil work have their reactions, and any reaction binds the performer
- Only misers desire to enjoy the fruit of their own work just to be further entangled in material bondage. Except for work in Krsna consciousness, all activities are abominable because they continually bind the worker to the cycle of birth and death
- She said, "Our son has become mad. Just keep him by binding him with ropes." His father, being very unhappy, replied to her as follows
- Sukadeva Goswami tells Maharaja Pariksit, "My dear King, when Mother Yasoda was perspiring, tired of trying to bind Krsna up with rope, Krsna agreed to allow her to bind Him"
- The following principles should be followed strictly in our press: All the works of the press, including binding, and everything should be done by our men. We shall not accept any outside job for maintaining of this press
- The grossest type of anartha which binds the conditioned soul in material existence is sex desire, and this sex desire gradually develops in the union of the male and female
- The jnani knows that fruitive activities will bind him to material existence and cause him to transmigrate from one kind of body to another
- The love and affection which bind the Lord and devotee are exhibited in the case of Bhismadeva
- The modern civilization is trying to transcend the pangs of material life, namely birth, death, old age and diseases, by advancement of material knowledge, but actually this advancement is only binding them more tightly into the material concept of life
- The printing, binding is nice, but the paper is a little inferior, especially the end paper. It is good that you are getting it done quicker
- The restless heroine sometimes chastises her lover with cruel words, sometimes pulls his ear and sometimes binds him with a flower garland
- Then she (Yasoda) would decorate His forehead very nicely and bind His arms with protective talismans
- They shall, of course, still be considered as my disciples, not that they shall become your disciples, but you will be empowered by me to chant their beads and that is the same effect of binding master and disciple as if I were personally chanting
- To accept more material enjoyment means to bind oneself more and more to the miseries of material existence. More wealth, more women and false aristocracy are some of the demands of the materially disposed man
- When mother Yasoda was trying to bind the offending child, she saw that the binding rope was short by a distance the width of two fingers. Thus she brought another rope to join to it
- When you live in Krsna consciousness. Then all our actions will not be binding upon us. Otherwise any little thing we do, yajnarthat karmano 'nyatra loko 'yam karma-bandhanah, we shall be entangled. And that is material life
- While Lord Balarama was binding Jarasandha with the rope of Varuna and ordinary ropes also, Lord Krsna, with a greater plan in mind for the future, asked Lord Balarama not to arrest him. Krsna then released Jarasandha
- With sword in hand, intelligent men cut through the binding knots of reactionary work (karma) by remembering the Personality of Godhead. Therefore, who will not pay attention to His message
- Woman is the real binding force in material existence