Best Of All
"best of all"
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
- ► Foremost (5 C, 75 P)
- ► God Is The Best Of All Mystics (2 P)
Pages in category "Best Of All"
The following 86 pages are in this category, out of 86 total.
- All the saintly brahmanas thus addressed Prthu Maharaja: O best of the warriors, O father of this globe, may you be blessed with a long life, for you have great devotion to the infallible SPG, who is the master of all the universe
- Although Purusottama, the best of all living entities, has no benefit to derive from the common living entities, He does have the right to discriminate between their right and wrong ways
- "And out of all songs, what song do you think is the best of all?" Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked. And Ramananda replied that any song which describes the pastimes of Radha and Krsna is the best song. In conditional life, the soul is captivated by sex
- Bhagavata-dharma is called sarvotkrsta, the best of all religious systems, because those who follow bhagavata-dharma are not envious of anyone
- By impartially judging, one can find that the internal potencies of the Supreme Lord who are engaged in conjugal love with the Lord are the best of all devotees
- Dhruva Maharaja, the best of human beings, observed that in that great battlefield not one of the opposing soldiers was left standing with proper weapons. He then desired to see the city of Alakapuri
- Dhruva wanted the best of all planets, and although it was a childish prayer, the Lord satisfied his demand
- He is the best of all living entities, the controller of the three modes of material nature. By His own power, He creates this cosmic manifestation, maintains it and annihilates it also
- Her (Radharani's) reputation as the best of all Krsna's girlfriends is the stringed instrument She plays. When Krsna stands in His youthful posture, She puts Her hand on His shoulder
- In another prayer it is said, "My dear Lord Krsna, best of all the Kuru dynasty, You are so impartial that even if Your enemy is qualified, You will reward him; and if one of Your sons is a culprit, You will chastise him"
- In Pulaha-asrama is the Gandaki River, which is the best of all rivers. The salagrama-sila, the marble pebbles, purify all those places. On each and every marble pebble, up and down, circles like navels are visible
- In Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 3.13.4) it is stated that there are many students of the Vedas, but one who is always thinking of the Supreme Personality of Godhead within his heart is the best student of all
- It was no fault on Maharaja Nabhi's part that he wanted a son. He wanted a son like the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is the best of all sons
- Kamyavana is mentioned in the Adi-varaha Purana: Lord Siva said - The best of all forests is the fourth of these, named Kamyaka. O goddess Devi, any person who goes there is eligible to enjoy the glories of my abode
- Karma-yogis, empiric philosophers, mystics, and devotees are all called transcendentalists, but one who is a pure devotee is the best of all. BG 1972 purports
- King Rahugana said: This birth as a human being is the best of all. Even birth among the demigods in the heavenly planets is not as glorious as birth as a human being on this earth
- Lamenting for Krsna Radharani said, Where is your friend, the best of all men, so expert in dancing in the circle of the rasa dance? Where is He who is the real medicine to save Me from dying of heart disease
- Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto Nara-Narayana, the best of all saintly persons, the SPG. He is the most self-controlled and self-realized, He is free from false prestige, and He is the asset of persons who have no material possessions
- Lord Krsna continued, "O best of all the brahmanas, you should always remain satisfied, for if a brahmana is always self-satisfied he will not deviate from his prescribed duties"
- Lord Siva is known as the greatest devotee of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He is known as the best of all types of Vaisnavas - vaisnavanam yatha sambhuh
- Lord Siva, the best of demigods, who carries on his forehead the emblem of the moon, receives on his head with great devotion the Ganges water emanating from the toe of Visnu. Being aware of religious principles, Bali Maharaja knew this
- Lord Visnu appeared before King Nabhi with four arms. He was very bright, and He appeared to be the best of all personalities
- Lord Visnu is the master of this material world, and there is no question of His being controlled by material nature. Consequently, He is addressed here (in SB 4.20.27) as purusottama, the best of all living entities - namely visnu-tattvas & jiva-tattvas
- Maharaja Pariksit was rajarsi-sattama, the best of all saintly kings, and Sukadeva Gosvami was muni-sattama, the best of munis. Both of them were elevated because of their common interest in krsna-katha
- My dear King Pariksit, O best of the descendants of Bharata Maharaja, I (Sukadeva) have thus described to you, as I myself have been instructed, the island of Bharata-varsa and its adjoining islands. These are the islands that constitute Jambudvipa
- My dear Lord, You are the best of the demigods who can offer benedictions. Why, therefore, should any learned person ask You for benedictions meant for living entities bewildered by the modes of nature?
- My dear Yudhisthira, once upon a time Hiranyakasipu, took his son Prahlada on his lap & very affectionately inquired: My dear son, please let me know what you think is the best of all the subjects you have studied from your teachers
- My grandfather, the best of all men, who achieved unlimited knowledge and was worshipable for everyone, was afraid of the common men in this world
- O best of kings, one who is faithful, who is always hearing the glories of the SPG, who is always engaged in the culture of Krsna consciousness and in hearing of the Lord's activities, very soon becomes eligible to see the SPG face to face
- O best of sages, best of all those who grant auspicious benedictions, please consider our situation and bestow upon my sons the benedictions by which they can regain what they have lost
- O best of the great personalities, I am not at all afraid of material existence, for wherever I stay I am fully absorbed in thoughts of Your glories and activities
- O King, from you, the best of those who give charity, I ask only three paces of land. By such a gift I shall be very pleased, for the way of happiness is to be fully satisfied to receive that which is absolutely needed
- O my Lord, best of the givers of benediction, if You at all want to bestow a desirable benediction upon me, then I pray from Your Lordship that within the core of my heart there be no material desires
- O my Lord, master of creation, maintenance and annihilation, O best of enjoyers, Lord Visnu, You are the leader and destination of surrendered devotees like us. Therefore let me offer my respectful obeisances unto You
- O son of a brahmana, it appears that You have come here to ask me for something. Therefore, whatever You want You may take from me. O best of those who are worshipable
- O SPG, the best of all persons to whom prayers are offered, I offer my respectful obeisances unto You because without rendering six kinds of devotional service unto You - who can achieve that which is meant for the paramahamsas?
- O Your Majesty, best of all saintly kings, because you (King Pariksit) are greatly attracted to topics of Vasudeva, it is certain that your intelligence is firmly fixed in spiritual understanding, which is the only true goal for humanity - SB 10.1.15
- Of the saintly persons who are constantly engaged in striving toward salvation, one who is in Krsna consciousness is the best of all. BG 1972 purports
- On higher planets there are women many, many millions of times more beautiful than the women on this planet, and there are also many pleasure abodes where they can be enjoyed. The best of all of these is the Nandana Gardens on Svargaloka
- On the western side were the forty-third, forty-fourth and forty-fifth branches - Sri Sanatana, Sri Rupa and Anupama. They were the best of all
- One who always thinks of Krsna within the core of his heart is the best yogi. By practicing this best of all yoga systems, one is liberated from the material condition
- Sambhu, Lord Siva, is the greatest of all Vaisnavas. On one hand he is the worshipable object of the dull demons, and on the other he is the best of all Vaisnavas, or devotees, and he has a sampradaya called the Rudra-sampradaya
- Since Lord Siva is the best of the demigods, he is the best of all devotees (vaisnavanam yatha sambhuh). His exemplary character was therefore praised by the SP of Godhead, who gave His benediction by saying, "May all good fortune be upon you"
- Since Lord Siva is the son of Lord Brahma, Brahma is considered superior, but Brahma is also subordinate to Me (Rsabhadeva), the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Because I am inclined to the brahmanas, the brahmanas are best of all
- Siva is described herein as the best of all great souls. Although Sati's body was born of Daksa, Lord Siva used to adore her by sitting her on his lap. This is considered a great token of respect. Thus Sati's body was not ordinary
- Siva thought, "The Daityas may have been bewildered, but since even the demigods could not be agitated, what to speak of me, who am the best of all the demigods?"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked Raghupati Upadhyaya which form was the best of Lord Krsna's millions of forms, and he immediately replied that the supreme form was the Syamasundara form. In that form, Krsna stands curved in three places and holds His flute
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: O best of the Pandu dynasty (Maharaja Pariksit), the King of the Sindhu and Sauvira states (Maharaja Rahugana) had great faith in discussions of the Absolute Truth
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: O King Pariksit, after advising the demigods in this way, the independent Supreme Personality of Godhead, the best of all living entities, disappeared from their presence
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: O best of the Kurus, while Bali Maharaja was describing his fortunate position in this way, the most dear devotee of the Lord, Prahlada Maharaja, appeared there, like the moon rising in the nighttime
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: O King Pariksit, best of the Bharata dynasty, when the lotus-eyed Lord, the Supersoul of all living entities, was thus worshiped by Aditi, He replied as follows
- The best of the demigods, along with their wives, who are like ornaments of heavenly beauty, meet together and enjoy within those gardens, while their glories are sung by lesser demigods known as Gandharvas
- The Bhagavad-gita confirms in the Sixth Chapter (47), stating that anyone absorbed in such thought (of Krsna) is the best of all yogis. Such transcendental absorption is known as samadhi
- The Blessed Lord said: Again I shall declare to you this supreme wisdom, the best of all knowledge, knowing which all the sages have attained to supreme perfection. BG 14.1 - 1972
- The four Kumaras came to see the Supreme Personality of Godhead Narayana. The word suhrttama, "best of all friends," is important. As Lord Krsna states in the Bhagavad-gita, He is the best friend of all living entities. Suhrdam sarva-bhutanam - BG 5.29
- The girl said: O best of human beings, I do not know who has begotten me. I cannot speak to you perfectly about this. Nor do I know the names or the origin of the associates with me
- The gopis are the best of all, for they have the privilege of serving Sri Krsna, the primeval Lord, the son of the King of Vraja
- The great sage Maitreya continued: Thus Sanat-kumara, the best of the celibates, after hearing the speech of Prthu, which was meaningful, appropriate, full of precise words & very sweet to hear, smiled with full satisfaction and began to speak as follows
- The inhabitants of the Yaksa planet are supposed to be the best of all servants, but Hiranyakasipu engaged them as palanquin carriers
- The king is the best of all human beings. He is the representative of God, and he is never to be condemned for any of his actions. In other words, the king can do no wrong
- The Lord replied to him (Arjuna) so explicitly that there is no doubt that devotional service to the Personality of Godhead is the best of all processes of spiritual realization. BG 1972 purports
- The months of November and December are considered the best of all months because in India grains are collected from the fields at this time, and the people become very happy. BG 1972 purports
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead did not appear as an ordinary human being. He appeared before King Nabhi and his associates as the best of all personalities - Purusottama
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is eternally enjoying Himself, and He is the shelter of all kinds of devotional service. Although His ages are various, His age known as kisora (pre-youth) is best of all
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is known as Purusottama, or the best of all living entities. He is a person like all other living entities, but He is the leader or the best of all living beings. That is stated in the Vedas also
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: Again I shall declare to you this supreme wisdom, the best of all knowledge, knowing which all the sages have attained the supreme perfection
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: My dear Prahlada, most gentle one, best of the family of the asuras, all good fortune unto you. I am very much pleased with you
- The word purusa-adhama refers to the Personality of Godhead, under whom all other persons remain, or, in other words, purusa-uttama, the best of all living beings
- These five limbs of devotional service are the best of all. Even a slight performance of these five awakens love for Krsna
- This (bhagavata-dharma) is the best of all religious systems. Whereas so-called religions are meant for a particular type of person who believes in a particular way, such discrimination has no place in Krsna consciousness, or bhagavata-dharma
- This is the best process for pleasing the transcendental Supreme Personality of Godhead, known as Adhoksaja. It is the best of all regulative principles, the best austerity, the best process of giving charity, and the best process of sacrifice
- This payo-vrata is also known as sarva-yajna. In other words, by performing this sacrifice one can perform all other sacrifices automatically. This is also acknowledged to be the best of all ritualistic ceremonies
- When one realizes God and sees the Lord face to face, one certainly thinks that he has gained the best of all things
- When Prahlada Maharaja was asked by his father to say something from whatever he had learned, he considered that what he had learned from his spiritual master was the best of all teachings