Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
beside | besides
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Beside Caitanya (1 P)
Pages in category "Besides"
The following 97 pages are in this category, out of 97 total.
- According to the astrological conclusion, besides the proper situation of the stars, there are auspicious and inauspicious moments due to the different situations of the different planetary systems
- Actually, KC can be based simply on hearing, chanting, remembering, etc. Described in the Srimad-Bhagavatam are nine different processes, besides which everything done is unfavorable to KC. Thus, one should always be guarding against falldowns
- After being initiated by the Supreme Lord to execute tapasya, he (Brahma) was fixed in his determination to do it, and although he could not find anyone besides himself, he could rightly understand that the sound was transmitted by the Lord Himself
- After dancing a great deal, they all went to a nearby garden and took rest beside a lake
- After Rukmini there were seven other principal wives, and the names of the sons of these eight principal queens have already been mentioned. Besides the sons born of these eight queens, Lord Krsna had ten sons by each of the other queens
- All the so-called stars are but different planets. Besides this universe, there are many millions of other universes, and each of them contains similar innumerable stars and planets
- And besides that, we should not think anyone as our enemy. They are misled. Let us do our own duty
- As mentioned above, the word 'ca' can be used to mean 'aggregate.' According to this meaning, all the atmaramas and munis engage in Krsna's service. Besides 'aggregate,' there is another meaning of the word 'ca'
- As soon as an intelligent devotee sees an unwanted creeper growing beside the original creeper, he must cut it down instantly. Then the real creeper, the bhakti-lata, grows nicely, returns home, back to Godhead, & seeks shelter under Krsna's lotus feet
- At the present moment we know very well that a few men look upon other women, besides one's married wife as mothers; very few men will look upon other's wealth as pebbles on the street
- Beauty, humility, mercy, merit, patience and expert intelligence are all manifested in Krsna. But besides these, Krsna has other qualities like good behavior, mildness and magnanimity
- Besides all of the above-mentioned fifty qualities, Lord Krsna possesses five more, which are sometimes partially manifested in the persons of Lord Brahma or Lord Siva
- Besides all these brahmanas and sages, he (Yudhisthira) invited such respectable old men as Dronacarya, Bhisma (the grandfather of the Kurus), Krpacarya and Dhrtarastra
- Besides bhakti-yoga, the Bhagavad-gita also describes karma-yoga, jnana-yoga and dhyana-yoga. Yoga means linking with the Supreme Lord, which is possible only through devotion
- Besides her (Devahuti's) personal beauty, she was the daughter of Emperor Svayambhuva and sister of King Uttanapada. Who could refuse the hand of such a girl?
- Besides Kuntidevi, Krsna had another paternal aunt; her name was Srutakirti, and she was married and lived in Kekaya Province. She had a daughter whose name was Bhadra
- Besides Srimad-Bhagavatam, there are commentaries on the Vedanta-sutra composed by all the major Vaisnava acaryas, and in each of them devotional service to the Lord is described very explicitly
- Besides Svarupa Damodara and Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, there were many others who also recorded Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's activities
- Besides that, anyone who is engaged in devotional service is already on the status of being a high-class brahmana. So Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakur's struggle for this movement has come out successful
- Besides that, it is learned from Vedic literature that in whatever part of the world this jewel was worshiped there was no possibility of famine, and wherever the jewel was present, there was no possibility of anything inauspicious, such as pestilence
- Besides the five direct mellows, there are seven indirect mellows, known as laughter, wonder, chivalry, compassion, anger, disaster and fear
- Besides the other preparations, there were chipped rice made with milk and mixed with bananas, and also white squash boiled in milk. Indeed, it is not possible to describe all the preparations that were made
- Besides the ten sons described above, Rukmini had one beautiful daughter with big eyes, and she was married to Krtavarma's son, whose name was Bali
- Besides them (demigods) there (Kailasa) are other human beings, who are known as Kinnaras and Gandharvas and are accompanied by their beautiful wives, who are known as Apsaras, or angels
- Besides these eight chief queens, Krsna had 16,100 other wives, and all of them also had ten sons each
- Besides these inferior energies, O mighty-armed Arjuna, there is another superior energy of Mine, which comprises the living entities who are exploiting the resources of this material, inferior nature
- Besides these inferior energies, which are material, there is another energy, a spiritual energy, and this is the living being, O mighty-armed one. The entire material world is sustained by the living entities
- Besides these out-and-out impersonalists, there is a certain group of devotees that has deviated from the path of pure devotion and fallen prey to pretension
- Besides these sixty transcendental qualities, Krsna has four more, which are not manifest even in the Narayana form of Godhead, not to speak of the demigods or living entities
- Besides these, O mighty-armed Arjuna, there is another, superior energy of Mine, which comprises the living entities who are exploiting the resources of this material, inferior nature
- Besides this garland of flowers, there were other kinds of flower garlands too - sometimes decorating His head, sometimes hanging around His neck and chest
- Besides this inferior nature, O mighty-armed Arjuna, there is another, superior energy of Mine, which comprises the living entities who are exploiting the resources of this material, inferior nature
- Candrasekhara replied, "There is a Muslim mendicant." Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately said, "Please bring him here." Candrasekhara then spoke to Sanatana Gosvami, who was still sitting beside the door
- Concerning the set of Srimad-Bhagavatams that Dr. Tripati gave us in Aligarh, I happen to know that the complete set should not cost more than Rs. 700, like that. And besides that, the paper may be so brittle that it may be useless
- I want to form a sankirtana party in which two members will play mrdanga, eight will play the cymbals, two will play on tampura, and one harmonium, besides that there will be the leader of the party
- If Krsna's enemies could get freed from material contamination and become one with the Supreme, then certainly His dear friends like the gopis can achieve such freedom and much more. Besides that, in the Bhagavad-gita Krsna is called Hrsikesa
- In order to establish this fact (the rasa dance is spiritual), Krsna, the supreme mystic, expanded Himself into many forms and stood beside each gopi. Placing His hands on the shoulders of the gopis on both sides of Him, He began to dance in their midst
- In royal style, the bridegroom goes to the house of the bride, and in the presence of brahmanas, priests and relatives, the bride is given in charity to the bridegroom. Besides this, there are other systems, such as the gandharva and raksasa marriages
- In this way all the devotees sat down to take their lunch in consecutive lines, one beside the other
- It is the king's duty to see that everyone perfectly executes the duties prescribed for the varna and asrama divisions of society. Besides that, as exemplified by King Prthu, he must develop the earth for the greatest possible production of food grains
- Krsna continued, "Although I got a kingdom by killing My maternal uncle, Kamsa, the kingdom was to go to My grandfather; so actually I have no possession of a kingdom. Besides that, I have no fixed aim in life. People cannot understand Me very well"
- Krsna continued, "Besides this, I am not very much polished, even in social etiquette. A person should be satisfied with one wife, but you see that I have married many times, and I have more than sixteen thousand wives"
- Krsna is Bhavagrahi Janardana. Krsna has many Temples big and small, besides that He has his own abode in the Spiritual Sky, Goloka Vrndavana, so all our plans are under the jurisdiction of Bhavagrahi
- Krsna is within you. He'll give you. As soon as you become a pure devotee, all dictation will come from within. And besides that, Krsna is helping, inside and outside. Outside is spiritual master; inside Krsna Himself. Where is the difficulty?
- Krsna said, "If she (a woman) actually desires to be elevated to the higher planetary systems after leaving this body. Besides that, it is considered abominable in society if a woman is unfaithful and goes searching for another man"
- Krsna seated Himself beside each of the many gopis, and it may be asked herein how He did this. There is a significant word in this verse: isvara
- Life cannot come from matter. Besides that... Just like when there is life, living entity, the body grows, body changes or grows, as you say. But if the child is dead or come out dead, then the body does not grow. Then matter is growing on life
- Lord Visnu said, "Saints are My heart, and only I am their hearts. They do not know anyone but Me, and therefore I do not recognize anyone besides them as Mine"
- My dear Bhattacarya, you have certainly explained this verse by the prowess of your vast learning, but you should know that, besides this scholarly explanation, there is another purport to this verse
- My Lord, please do not touch me. I fall at Your lotus feet. I am the lowest of men, having been born of a low caste. Besides that, I have infections on my body
- Nanda continued, "If Krsna were not a great personality, how could He have killed Kamsa, who possessed the strength of ten thousand elephants? Besides Kamsa, there were the very strong wrestlers, as well as the giant elephant Kuvalayapida"
- Narada Muni said, "I will see how You (Krsna) kill the King of Cedi and Dantavakra during the great sacrifice of Maharaja Yudhisthira. Besides all this, it will be possible for me to see many other chivalrous activities while You remain in Dvaraka"
- Nityananda Prabhu continued, "You are such a monist! And now I am eating beside You. I do not know how My mind will be affected in this way"
- Now, there is no ready experience in this world of a tree situated with its branches down and its roots upward, but there is such a thing. That tree can be found beside a reservoir of water
- One thing, you have mentioned a "band" for playing in the park. It can be performed besides kirtan
- Only fools are ungrateful to their benefactors. The Lord, however, does not require benefit from anyone besides Himself because He is full in Himself; still He feels benefited by the unalloyed services of His devotees
- Our publication project is to finish Srimad-Bhagavatam. If we publish one volume for one canto, still it will not be less than 12 volumes. Besides this we have Nectar of Devotion and two or three more books
- Raghunandana is constantly engaged in serving Lord Krsna in the temple. Beside the entrance of the temple is a lake, and on its banks is a kadamba tree, which daily delivers two flowers to be used for Krsna's service
- Regarding his Deities. They should be returned. What is the use of keeping Sarasvati? We do not require to worship any other Deity besides Radha Krishna
- Regarding the art of management, constant changing is not good. Even if there is some fault in management it should be corrected, not changed. Besides that, Vaisnava philosophy is that everyone is addressed as prabhu, or master
- Rukmini continued, "A woman who has learned about You (Krsna) - that You are praised not only in this world but in the halls of the great demigods like Lord Brahma and Lord Siva - will not accept anyone besides You as her husband"
- Saubhari Muni thought: I am now feeble because of old age. My hair has become grey, my skin is slack, and my head always trembles. Besides, I am a yogi. Therefore women do not like me
- Since the Supreme Personality of Godhead is one without a second, there is no possibility that anything besides Him can exist. He expands Himself by His energies in multiforms of self-expansions and separated expansions as well
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu selected His residence beside the confluence of the Ganges and the Yamuna, a place called Triveni
- Style (of food) may be different. That's all right. Besides that, to maintain your body and soul together, you require eating, you require sleeping, you require mating, you require defense
- The description of Krsna's marriage with the five girls mentioned in this chapter is not sufficient. He had many other thousands of wives besides them. Krsna accepted the other thousands of wives after killing a demon named Bhaumasura
- The devotee's prayer continues, "You (Krsna) are so beautiful and attractive that my mind does not want anything else besides this wonderful form"
- The form of Garbhodakasayi Visnu is called Narayana because He rests Himself on that water. In addition, He is the resting place of all living creatures. Besides that, Narayana is also present in everyone’s heart, as confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita
- The girl (Kalindi) continued: "My dear sir, I know that you are the hero Arjuna; so I may further say that I shall not accept anyone as my husband besides Lord Visnu, because He is the only protector of all living entities"
- The gopis became tired after long singing & dancing. Krsna was dancing beside them, & to alleviate their fatigue they took Sri Krsna’s hand & placed it on their raised breasts
- The gopis became tired after long singing and dancing. Krsna was dancing beside them, and to alleviate their fatigue they took Sri Krsna's hand and placed it on their raised breasts
- The gopis continued, "They (these other footprints) are beside the footprints of the son of Maharaja Nanda. It is certainly Krsna passing through, resting His hand on some other gopi, exactly as an elephant goes side by side with his beloved mate"
- The gopis said, "Besides that, although You (Krsna) have repeatedly asked us to return home, and that is a very appropriate instruction, unfortunately we have been stunned here. Our legs have no power to move a step from Your lotus feet"
- The gopis said, "Besides that, as stated in the Bhagavad-gita, You (Krsna) are the only enjoyer, You are the only proprietor, and You are the only friend"
- The internal potency of the Lord, which is called cit-sakti or antaranga-sakti, exhibits variegatedness in the transcendental Vaikuntha cosmos. Besides ourselves, there are unlimited numbers of liberated living beings
- The post of Brahma is the supermost post in the universe, and it appears that there are many Brahmas and many universes besides the one in which we are situated
- The state is arranging for supplying the necessities of the citizens. How many? The human kind only. But does it mean that the human kind is the only living entities in this world? There are many millions and thousands of living entities besides
- The Supersoul, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, seated beside the individual soul, is the witness of the individual soul's activities and is the source of the soul's various types of consciousness
- There (on Mount Kailasa) are varieties of deer, such as karnantra, ekapada, asvasya, vrka and kasturi, the deer which bears musk. Besides the deer there are many banana trees which decorate the small hillside lakes very nicely
- There are mango trees, priyala, madhuka and inguda. Besides these there are other trees, like thin bamboos, kicaka and varieties of other bamboo trees, all decorating the tract of Kailasa Hill
- There are nine different kinds of creations besides the one which naturally occurs due to the interactions of the modes. There are three kinds of annihilations due to eternal time, the material elements and the quality of one's work
- There is no need by any of my disciples to read any books besides my books. In fact, such reading may be detrimental to their advancement in Krishna Consciousness
- There was no one besides this man with my father. Giving him an intoxicant known as dhutura to eat, this rogue made my father mad
- These devotees (Svarupa Damodara and the devotees in his charge) sang along with the Lord, and they also ran beside Him. All the other groups of men also sang
- They (the gopis) began to follow the footprints, & shortly they saw another set of footprints beside them, and immediately they became very sorry. "Dear friends, just see! Whose are these other footprints?"
- They should be taught just to do like the elders, that is, rise early, cleanse, attend mangal arati, read our literatures, chant, go for sankirtana, like that, and besides that, a little ABC, mathematics, geography, history, that's all
- They were equally friendly to everyone; above all, they were young and quite fit to act as qualified brahmanas. Besides the cows, they were also given land, gold, houses, horses and elephants
- This is a list of 32 offenses. Besides these, there are a number of offenses which are mentioned in the Varaha Purana
- We are never alone in Krsna consciousness; you have got so many wonderful brothers and sisters who are really your family, and besides that the spiritual master is always in his instructions, and Krsna is there within your heart
- We worship Lord Caitanya in His householder life when He was with His wife, and not as a sannyasi. So, it is alright for women to do this service. But, besides this, service is spiritual and there can be no material designation
- Whatever He (Krsna) desires is perfectly lawful, and whatever He decides cannot be changed by anyone. These are the eight transcendental qualities of Krsna. Besides that, Krsna is known as Yogesvara
- When the husband is king, she (the chaste wife) sits beside him as the queen, and when he goes to the forest, she also follows, despite having to tolerate all kinds of difficulties in living in the forest
- Why did you inquire which Brahma had come to see You? What is the purpose of such an inquiry? Is there any other Brahma besides me within this universe
- Yes, try to pick up Chayavan Swami. He seems to want to do some good for the African people but you must convince him that besides Krishna Consciousness all other so-called welfare work is simply a waste of time
- You are naturally respectable. Besides, You are a sannyasi; thus I wish to become Your personal servant
- You should always read also, besides attending class, whenever you have time, the Bhagavad-gita As It Is. Then I can surely recommend to the draft board that you are a very serious student of Bhagavad-gita under my supervision