This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Before Krsna"
The following 97 pages are in this category, out of 97 total.
- A similar steady position was held by Uddhava, the disciple of Brhaspati. He would always massage the lotus feet of Krsna while kneeling down on the ground before Him
- Actually, this large lizard was King Nrga, and when questioned by the Supreme Personality of Godhead he immediately bowed down before the Lord, touching to the ground the helmet on his head, which was as dazzling as the sunshine
- After binding her son, mother Yasoda engaged herself in household affairs. At that time, bound up to the wooden mortar, Krsna could see a pair of trees before Him which were known as arjuna trees
- After offering obeisances, all the gopis dispersed. Then Srimati Radharani came and appeared before Lord Krsna
- After relaying Rukmini-devi's statement to Krsna, the brahmana said, "My dear Krsna, chief of the Yadu dynasty, I have brought this confidential message for You from Rukmini; now it is placed before You for Your consideration"
- After this (hearing Krsna speak to them), the demigods circumambulated the Lord many times and bowed down before Him again and again, and thus they left. The Lord remained bound up with ropes to the grinding mortar
- Akrura fell down before the Lord and said, “My dear Lord, Your transcendental, eternal form is full of knowledge"
- Although for the moment he (Akrura) was bewildered, he retained his clear consciousness and bowed down his head before the Lord. With folded hands and faltering voice, he began to offer prayers to the Lord
- Although Krsna cheated the young unmarried gopis and made them stand naked before Him and enjoyed joking words with them, and although He treated them just like dolls and stole their garments, they were still pleased with Him and never lodged complaints
- Always chanting My glories, endeavoring with great determination, bowing down before Me, these great souls perpetually worship Me with devotion. BG 9.14 - 1972
- Anadi means before the beginning of this creation. The beginning of this creation is called adi, beginning, but our forgetfulness of Krsna is anadi
- As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, one has to think of Krsna always, one has to render loving service to Krsna always, and one always has to worship and bow down before Krsna. By this process only can one enter into the kingdom of God, without any doubt
- At the very moment the messenger of the imprisoned kings was presenting their appeal before the Lord (Krsna), the great sage Narada arrived
- Before Krsna was able to strike him (Salva) again, however, Salva became invisible by his mystic power
- Before the advent of Lord Krsna on this earth, it is understood that the earth was managed by the brahmanas and ksatriyas
- Before, Krsna and Arjuna had a relationship based on friendship, but here, after the revelation, Arjuna is offering obeisances with great respect
- Bhismadeva never forgot the Lord (Krsna) in His transcendental feature as the Partha-sarathi, and the Lord was present personally before Bhismadeva while he was passing to the transcendental world. That is the highest perfection of life
- Brahma said, "I think I am very, very insignificant before You (Krsna), and I am therefore begging Your pardon. Please be merciful toward me"
- But because later on the crow (Indra) bowed down before the Lord, He excused his offense
- Faltering of the voice resulting from wonder was exhibited by Brahma. It is said in Srimad-Bhagavatam, Tenth Canto, 13th Chapter, 59th verse that, after bowing down before Lord Krsna, when Brahma began to rise he prayed to the Lord in a faltering voice
- For less intelligent persons, bowing down before the authority of the Lord (Krsna), as generally done in the temples, mosques or churches, is as beneficial as it is for the advanced devotees to meditate upon Him by active service
- From God's side there is always an attempt to make the people right. As soon as they're wrongly directed, some messenger comes like Jesus Christ or Buddha or, before Him, Lord Krsna
- He (Akrura) brought out the valuable jewel, covered by cloth but shining like the sun, and presented it before Krsna
- He (Bhaumasura) conquered a portion of heavenly Mount Meru and occupied the portion known as Mani-parvata. The King of the heavenly planets, Indra, therefore came to Dvaraka to complain about Bhaumasura before Lord Krsna
- He (Bhismadeva) desired that the Lord stay before him in His four-handed Narayana feature so that he might concentrate upon Him and thus be in trance in that meditation. Then his mind might be sanctified with thinking of the Lord
- He (Bhismadeva) prepared himself to quit his body before the exalted Lord Sri Krsna, the pious Pandavas and the great sages headed by Bhagavan Vyasa, etc., all great souls
- He (King Nagnajit) presented himself before the Lord thus, "My dear Lord, You are the proprietor of the whole cosmic manifestation, and You are Narayana, the resting place of all living creatures"
- He (Krsna) began to think within Himself about His mission as an incarnation how to tackle the present situation before Him. He thought that since He was not going to conquer the kingdom of Magadha, to kill the King of Magadha, Jarasandha, was useless
- He (Krsna) promised before the beginning of the Battle of Kuruksetra that He would remain without weapons and would not use His strength for either of the parties
- He (Yudhisthira) offered Lord Krsna various kinds of yellow silken garments and presented heaps of jewelry and ornaments before Him for His use
- Her (Gandhari's) mourning over the death of Duryodhana and Duhsasana before Lord Krsna was very pitiful and Lord Krsna pacified her by transcendental messages
- Her (Kubja's) smiling glance and moving eyebrows were full of feminine bashfulness as she stood gracefully before Lord Krsna, who is known as Madhava, the husband of the goddess of fortune
- If one is able to do nothing more, he can simply bow down before the Lord and His representative and drink the caranamrta, the water which has washed the lotus feet of the Lord (Krsna) or His devotee
- In the Battlefield of Kuruksetra all persons who died in the fight before the presence of the Lord got salvation without the necessary qualifications because death before the presence of the Lord purifies the passing soul from the effects of all sins
- In Vrndavana, the trees and creepers are wonderful because throughout the entire year they produce all kinds of fruits and flowers. The gopis & maidservants in the bowers of Vrndavana picked these fruits and flowers & brought them before Radha & Krsna
- Indra, the King of heaven, was conscious of his offense before Krsna; therefore he stealthily appeared before Him in a secluded place. He immediately fell down at the lotus feet of Krsna, although his own crown was dazzling like sunshine
- It is firmly concluded that the ecstatic mood of the gopis is possible only before Krsna, and no one else
- Kaliya said, "O killer of the Mura demon, I have acquired many mystic powers by my austerity and penances, but before You I am nothing, I am most insignificant. Therefore, please be kind upon a poor soul like me, and don't be angry with me"
- Kamsa killed all the sons of Devaki who were born before Krsna, but Krsna escaped the danger of child-slaughter because He was transferred to the house of Nanda Maharaja, Lord Krsna's foster father
- Keeping the calves before them, they started for the forest in a great procession. In this way, Lord Krsna assembled thousands of His boyfriends. Equipped with a stick, flute, horn, as well as a lunch bag, each was taking care of thousands of calves
- King Nagnajit presented himself before the Lord, "It is not possible, because I am an insignificant living being. Actually I have no ability to render any service unto You (Krsna)"
- King Nagnajit presented himself before the Lord, "You (Krsna) are self-sufficient and pleased with Your personal opulences, so how can I offer You anything? And how could I please You by such an offering?"
- Krsna addressed Pradyumna, "There is no need of exhibiting so much reverence before your father"
- Krsna saw the two chariots present before Him and immediately addressed His elder brother, Balarama, who is also known as Sankarsana
- On hearing this statement from Pradyumna, the woman, Rati, replied, "My dear sir, you are the son of Lord Krsna. Before you were ten days old, you were stolen by the Sambara demon and later thrown into the water and swallowed by a fish"
- One should not sit before the Deity holding the ankles, elbows or knees with his hands. 10) One should not lie down before the Deity of Krsna. 11) One should not accept prasadam before the Deity. 12) One should never speak a lie before the Deity
- Out of curiosity and eagerness, the people of Kundina assembled before Krsna and Balarama to drink the nectar of Their beauty. With tearful eyes, they offered Krsna and Balarama their silent respects
- Out of the broken, fallen trees came two great personalities, shining like blazing fire. All sides became illuminated & beautiful by their presence. The two personalities immediately came before child Krsna & bowed down to offer their respects & prayers
- Perfect society, or Vedic society, does not eliminate competition - competition, stronger and weaker, must be there - but it eliminates envy, because everyone is weak before Krishna
- Please bring to me only those sinful persons who do not use their tongues to chant the holy name and qualities of Krsna, whose hearts do not remember the lotus feet of Krsna even once, and whose heads do not bow down even once before Lord Krsna
- Regretting his challenge to Krsna, Lord Brahma had bowed down before the Lord, and his helmet became marked with the footprints of Krsna
- Remembering his position of servitude, Patri bowed down before his master (Krsna), and with great respect and control, he stifled his smiling. This subdued smiling is an instance of concealment caused by a respectful attitude
- She (Kunti-devi) knew perfectly well that without Krsna's grace no one could have saved them from the fire "accident" designed by the sons of Dhrtarastra. In a choked-up voice, she began to narrate before Krsna the history of their life
- Simply you have to become sincere. That's all. Everything is there. But if we become cheaters, we do, say something before Krsna, before the spiritual master, before fire, and do something else, then there is no question of dictation from Krsna
- Siva, the greatest of the demigods, could not help him, what to speak of the lesser demigods, & therefore the Siva-jvara ultimately surrendered unto Krsna, bowing before Him and offering a prayer so that the Lord might be pleased and give him protection
- Sri Yamunacarya praises Krsna's power of forgiveness with the following statement: "My dear Lord Ramacandra, You are so merciful to have excused the crow's clawing on the nipples of Janaki simply because of his bowing down before You"
- The affection that Krsna has for His devotees was expressed by Himself when He asked Pradyumna not to feel so bashful before Him
- The ceremony should be observed by chanting Hare Krishna before the fire, offering the clarified butter with the word Saha, and the bride and groom should exchange their garlands before the Lord Krishna deity and promise not to be separated in life
- The citizens arrived before the Lord (Krsna) with their respective presentations, offering them to the fully satisfied and self-sufficient one, who, by His own potency, incessantly supplies others
- The demigods were further informed that Ananta, the plenary portion of Lord Krsna who is maintaining the universal planets by extending His millions of hoods, would also appear on earth before Lord Krsna's appearance
- The first excellence is that before Lord Krsna's appearance in the Yadu family, the river Ganges was known as the purest of all things; even impure things could be purified simply by touching the water of the Ganges
- The gopis said: O friends, those eyes that see the beautiful faces of the sons of Maharaja Nanda are certainly fortunate. As these two sons enter the forest, surrounded by Their friends, driving the cows before Them
- The man brought before Lord Krsna by the doorkeeper (of Sudharma assembly house) was a messenger from all these imprisoned kings. Being duly presented before the Lord, the man began to relay a message from the kings, as follows
- The messenger concluded, "As the messenger and representative of all those imprisoned kings, I have submitted my words before Your Lordship (Krsna) and presented their prayers to You"
- The military strength of Jarasandha had appeared before Him (Krsna), and He decided to kill the entire force of Jarasandha so that he would go back and reorganize his military strength
- The mother of a child has a great responsibility in giving all protection to the child, and therefore Uttara was not ashamed to express this frankly before Lord Krsna
- The mystic juggler Salva, speaking in this way before Lord Krsna, immediately cut off the head of the false Vasudeva. Then without hesitation he took away the dead body and got into his airplane
- The servants of Krsna were sometimes engaged in collecting flowers, decorating His body with valuable ornaments and trinkets, dancing before Him, singing, helping Him herd the cows
- Their bodily effulgence the brothers were dissipating all the darkness of the world, as if They were mountains of sapphire & silver. Without hesitating, Akrura immediately got down from his chariot and fell flat, just like a rod, before Krsna & Balarama
- There was no need to come before Bhismadeva with blood and wounds. But He (Krsna) did so because the warrior devotee wanted to see the transcendental beauty of the Lord decorated with wounds created by a pure devotee
- They (Kaliya's wives) appeared before Him (Krsna), put forward their offspring and anxiously offered respectful obeisances, falling down on the bank of the Yamuna
- They (many of the demigods and all the Siddhas, Caranas and Gandharvas) were all bowing down before the Lord (Krsna). He also saw Lord Sesa Naga, with thousands of hoods
- This humility (by gopis) was due to their shyness from being naked before Krsna
- When a woman scratches the ground with her foot, it is a sign that her mind is very disturbed. These signs were sometimes exhibited by the gopis before Krsna
- When all the gopis assembled, as described, before Krsna, He began to speak to them, welcoming them as well as discouraging them by word jugglery. Krsna is the supreme speaker; He is the speaker of the Bhagavad-gita
- When Bahulasva, the King of Mithila, saw Krsna at his palace, he decided to offer his respects by bowing down before Him at least a hundred times
- When Banasura was blessed by Lord Krsna in this way, he came before the Lord & bowed down, touching his head to the earth. He immediately arranged to have his daughter Usa seated with Aniruddha on a nice chariot & then he presented them before Lord Krsna
- When Krsna saw Kubja hesitating to come before Him, He immediately caught hold of her hand, which was decorated with bangles. With great affection, He dragged her near Him and made her sit by His side
- When Krsna was residing in Dvaraka, some of the elderly members of the Yadu family would occasionally put some important matter before Him
- When Krsna, Balarama and Uddhava approached the house of Akrura, Akrura came forward, embraced Uddhava and offered respectful obeisances, bowing down before Lord Krsna and Balarama
- When Lord Siva saw that his devotee Banasura could not be saved even in his presence, he came to his senses and personally came before Lord Krsna and began to pacify Him by offering the following prayers
- When Madhumangala, an intimate friend of Krsna, was dancing before Krsna in a joking manner, no one was paying attention to him
- When present before Krsna, they (Krsna's sons) bowed down on the ground
- When present before Krsna, they (Krsna's sons) bowed down on the ground. They were very silent and steady, and they used to restrain coughing and laughing before the Lord
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was sitting before the Gopala Deity, all the devotees saw Him and the Deity as being of the same form
- When Sri Krsna was only three months old and was just trying to turn backside up, before He even attempted to crawl, mother Yasoda wanted to observe a ritualistic ceremony with her friends for the good fortune of the child
- When Srimati Radharani stands before Krsna, She stands bent in three places - Her neck, waist and legs - and Her eyebrows dance
- While Sri Krsna was thinking like this, Salva brought before Him in custody a man exactly resembling Vasudeva, His father. These were all creations of the mystic power of Salva
- While walking, the (cowherd) boys sometimes imitated the quacking sound of the swans in the lakes, or when they saw the peacocks dancing, they imitated them before Krsna. Krsna also moved His neck, imitating the dancing and making His friends laugh
- With great pleasure, King Nagnajit brought his daughter Satya before Krsna and handed her over to Him. Krsna also immediately accepted Satya as His wife. Then there was a marriage ceremony with great pomp