Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
beard | beards
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Beard"
The following 19 pages are in this category, out of 19 total.
- A Krishna conscious person must be seen by ears and not by the eyes or in other words one should try to know the depth of realization by Krishna conscious person and not see the beard which has become the practice of the Hippies
- A woman who has no taste for the transcendental pleasure available from Your (Krsna's) personal contact must be inclined to accept as her husband somebody who is externally a combination of mustache, beard, body hairs, fingernails and some head hair
- At the same time, He (Krsna) wanted to give him (Rukmi) some light punishment, so He tied him up with a piece of cloth and snipped at his mustache, beard and hair, keeping some spots here and there
- Regarding the hippy religion; we must distinguish ourselves from the hippies. The hippies generally maintain long hair & beard & in order to distinguish ourselves from them we should be clean shaved
- Rukmini continued, "A man within this material world is just a dead body. In fact, the living entity is covered by this body, which is nothing but a bag of skin decorated with a beard, mustache, hairs on the body, nails on the fingers, hairs on the head"
- Sadhu does not mean having a big beard and nice dress or saffron-colored dress. That is not sadhu. Sadhu is described in the Bhagavad-gita, api cet su-duracaro bhajate mam ananya-bhak, sadhur eva sa mantavyah
- Some of them (the Talajanghas, Yavanas, Sakas, Haihayas and Barbaras) he (Sagara Maharaja) made dress awkwardly, some of them he shaved clean but allowed to wear mustaches and some of them he left wearing loose hair
- The difficulty will be the Mohammadans will not agree to shave their heads and beards. Our principle is anyone can live with us provided he becomes clean shaved, dresses like us, follows the regulative principles and chants the beads regularly
- The two newly separated bodies (the two bodies that came out from the body of Brahma. One had a mustache, and the other had swollen breasts) united together in a sexual relationship
- Two bodies came out from the body of Brahma. One had a mustache, and the other had swollen breasts. No one can explain the source of their manifestation
- What is that spiritual master? Simply a red dress like this or having a big beard? No. Samit-panih. Samit-panih srotriyam brahma-nistham. You have to go to a person who is conversant with the science of Krsna. You have to go
- What is the use of changing one's dress, sometimes wearing long hair and a long beard and sometimes dressing otherwise? This is not good. One should not waste his time in such frivolous activities