Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
banish | banished | banishes | banishing | banishment
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Banish"
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total.
- I (Uttanapada) am very much addicted to my wife, and I am so fallen that I have abandoned all merciful behavior, even to my son (Dhruva), who is only five years old. I have banished him and his mother, even though he is a great soul and a great devotee
- In a civilization where God is conspicuously banished, and there is no devotee warrior like Arjuna, the associates of the age of Kali take advantage of this lawless kingdom and arrange to kill innocent animals like the cow
- In days gone by there were many sages in Dandakaranya. Dandakaranya is the name of the forest where Lord Ramacandra lived after being banished by His father for fourteen years
- It appears that Kuntidevi was remembering the miserable days when she had been banished with her sons through the mischievous plans of Dhrtarastra and Duryodhana
- The friends of irreligiosity should be banished from the state, and that will save the state from corruption
- The impersonalists recommend that one should become desireless, and others recommend banishing desires altogether. That is impossible; no one can banish desires altogether because desiring is the living symptom
- The King repented having banished his boy, for Dhruva was only five years old and a father should not banish his wife and children or neglect their maintenance
- The Lord as Supersoul could detect the lust in the mind of Junior Haridasa, who was at once banished from the Lord's association and was never accepted again, even though the Lord was implored to excuse Haridasa for the mistake
- We shudder even by the name of God. We have come to a certain stage of our civilized life, that we want to banish God altogether
- When Draupadi was gained in the competition, they were incognito. The Pandavas were incognito. They were banished for twelve years, and after twelve years, one year they had to live incognito. Nobody would understand where they are living
- When Sitadevi was finally delivered from the clutches of Ravana, Ravana's whole family and kingdom, and Ravana himself, were vanquished. When Sitadevi came home she was tried by fire, and after some days she was again banished to the forest
- When the Pandavas were banished by Duryodhana and forced to live incognito in the forest, no one could trace out where they were staying
- While speaking to Srimati Radharani, Krsna became very anxious to return to Vrndavana. He made Her listen to a verse which banished all Her difficulties and which assured Her that She would again attain Krsna
- With His followers in the renounced order, however, Lord Caitanya was very strict. He even banished Junior Haridasa, an important kirtana leader, for glancing lustfully at a woman