"Balabhadra Bhattacarya"|"Balabhadra Bhaṭṭācārya"
Sri Caitanya's brahmana servant in Puri, Mathura and Vrndavana
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Balabhadra Bhattacarya"
The following 42 pages are in this category, out of 42 total.
- After this, Balabhadra Bhattacarya took the Sanodiya brahmana to a secluded place and consulted with him
- Along the way, Balabhadra Bhattacarya collected all kinds of spinach, roots and fruit whenever possible
- Although the Lord did not exhibit any external symptoms, His mind was filled with ecstatic love. At that time, Balabhadra Bhattacarya said, "Let us go to Mahavana"
- At Brahma-kunda, the Bhattacarya cooked food, and the Lord, after taking His bath at Brahma-kunda, accepted His lunch
- Balabhadra Bhattacarya acted as a brahmacari, or personal assistant of a sannyasi. A sannyasi is not supposed to cook. Generally a sannyasi takes prasadam at the house of a grhastha, and a brahmacari helps in this connection
- Balabhadra Bhattacarya replied, "My dear Lord, You are Krsna Himself, and therefore You are merciful. I am a fallen living entity, but You have bestowed a great favor upon me"
- Balabhadra Bhattacarya told the Lord, "I can no longer tolerate the disturbance of the crowd. People are coming one after another to offer invitations"
- Balabhadra Bhattacarya used to keep a stock of food grain that would last from two to four days. Where there were no people, he would cook the grain and prepare vegetables, spinach, roots and fruits collected from the forest
- Balabhadra Bhattacarya was so affectionate to the Lord that he was rendering service just like a menial servant. His assistant brahmana carried the waterpot and garments
- Being thus ordered by the Lord, both Balabhadra Bhattacarya and the brahmana began to chant the holy name of Krsna. Then the Lord, dancing and dancing, proceeded along the path
- Bhattacarya again began to praise the Lord and said, "Although I was very expert at logical arguments and grammatical explanations of the Vedas, I was as hard as a lump of iron"
- I will be very happy if we all leave and take the path by the banks of the Ganges. Then we can have the opportunity of bathing in the Ganges at Prayaga during Makara-sankranti
- If You can also take him with You, we will be very happy. If two people go with You through the jungle, there will certainly be no difficulty or inconvenience
- In one day, ten to twenty invitations were received, but Balabhadra Bhattacarya would accept only one of them
- In some villages there were no brahmanas; nonetheless, devotees born in non-brahmana families came and extended invitations to Balabhadra Bhattacarya
- In the beginning, he came with You from Bengal. It is his desire to visit and see all the holy places of pilgrimage
- In this way Balabhadra Bhattacarya offered his prayers to the Lord. By rendering service unto Him in ecstatic love, he pacified the Lord's mind
- It is now the beginning of the month of Magha. If we go to Prayaga at this time, we shall have an opportunity to bathe for a few days during Makara-sankranti
- My dear Bhattacarya, I have traveled very far through the forest, and I have not even slightly received any trouble
- My dear Lord, all the incidents that took place while You were going to Vrndavana through the forest known as Jharikhanda have been related to me by Your servant Balabhadra Bhattacarya
- My mind has become very much agitated, and I cannot bear this anxiety. Now everything rests on the permission of Your Lordship. I will accept whatever You want to do
- Sir, I am most fallen, yet You have brought me with You. Showing great mercy, You have accepted food prepared by me
- Some of the elephants fell to the ground, and some screamed in ecstasy. Seeing this, Balabhadra Bhattacarya was completely astonished
- Some people would bring grain and deliver it to Balabhadra Bhattacarya. Others would bring milk and yogurt, and still others would bring ghee and sugar
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu wanted a new man (to accompany Him to Vrndavana), not a person like Kala Krsnadasa who would fall for women. Svarupa Damodara therefore immediately pointed out a new brahmana named Balabhadra Bhattacarya
- Sri Svarupa Damodara Gosvami had studied this person very thoroughly and had seen that he had great love for Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Not only did he love the Lord, but he was also learned and honest. He was not duplicitous, and he was advanced in KC
- Svarupa Damodara then said, "Here is Balabhadra Bhattacarya, who has great love for You. He is an honest, learned scholar, and he is advanced in spiritual consciousness"
- The other brahmana can carry Your cloth and waterpot, and Balabhadra Bhattacarya will collect alms and cook for You
- They hastily sprinkled water over the Lord's body. Then they took up His outer cloth and began to fan Him with it
- They then began to chant the holy name of Krsna into the Lord's ear. When the Lord regained consciousness, He began rolling on the ground
- This (the term sudra-mahajana) indicates that one who is born in a non-brahmana family has accepted the brahmana status by initiation. Such devotees extended invitations to Balabhadra Bhattacarya
- This country is mainly occupied by Muslims. At any place someone can create a disturbance, and although Your companion Balabhadra Bhattacarya is a learned scholar, he does not know how to speak the local language
- Thus all the respectable people of Mathura, headed by the brahmanas, came to Balabhadra Bhattacarya and extended invitations to the Lord
- Whatever you desire, I must do. Wherever you take Me, I shall go
- When all the tigers and does danced and jumped, Balabhadra Bhattacarya saw them and was struck with wonder
- When the Bhattacarya was actually enlightened in Vaisnava philosophy, he could understand the exalted transcendental position of Sri Ramananda Raya; therefore he referred to him as adhikari
- When the Lord rolled on the ground, sharp thorns injured His body. Taking Him on his lap, Balabhadra Bhattacarya pacified Him