Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
award | awarder | awarded | awarding | awards
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Award"
The following 124 pages are in this category, out of 124 total.
- A devotee should always be happy to receive the fortune awarded him by the Supreme Lord, which seems pleasant or unpleasant according to one's judgment
- A female is never awarded the order of Sannyasam
- A great scientist may make discoveries in atomic energy for the quick destruction of the world and may be awarded the best prize in recognition of his service (or disservice)
- A person born a sudra is not barred from such spiritual initiation, provided he is approved by the spiritual master, who is duly authorized to award a disciple the right to be a brahmana if he finds him perfectly qualified
- A person who is constantly engaged in chanting the holy name and who feels transcendental pleasure, being engaged in devotional service, is certainly awarded the facilities of devotional service, and is never given just mukti
- A pure devotee, who constantly engages in the loving service of the Lord, is awarded all knowledge necessary to reach the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- According to Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti, there are two classes of paramahamsas, namely the brahmanandis (impersonalists) and the premanandis (devotees), and both are awarded their desired destinations, although the premanandis are more fortunate
- After being subjected to such sufferings, a sinner is awarded a particular species of life according to his deeds in the past. Such living entities as are punished by Yamaraja are seen in different varieties of conditioned life
- After your (Dhruva) father goes to the forest and awards you the rule of his kingdom, you will rule continuously the entire world for thirty-six thousand years, and all your senses will continue to be as strong as they are now. You will never become old
- All things befitting the marriage ceremony of an emperor's daughter were awarded to Kardama Muni, who was until now observing celibacy as a brahmacari. The bride, Devahuti, was very richly dressed with ornaments and clothing
- Although all the sannyasis we have initiated in ISKCON are young, we have awarded them the titles of the renounced order of life, svami and gosvami, because they have completely dedicated their lives to preach the cult of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Although many types of philosophers and transcendentalists believe that one who lacks knowledge cannot be liberated from material entanglement, there is no possibility that knowledge without devotional service can award liberation
- Although the justice of the peace awards capital punishment to a person condemned for murder, the justice of the peace cannot be blamed, because he orders violence to another person according to the codes of justice
- Anta-vat tu phalam tesam tad bhavaty alpa-medhasam: "Less intelligent men take shelter of the demigods due to bewilderment and are satisfied with the temporary benefits they award"
- Any one of the nine processes of devotional service or all of them are equally competent to award the desired result
- Anyone who is engaged in the loving service of the Lord should never ask for material prosperity from the Lord. The awarding of material prosperity simply depends on the stringent rules and regulations of the external energy
- As the appointed controller after death, Yamaraja once tried Mandavya Muni for his childhood profligacy and ordered him to be pierced with a lance. Mandavya, being angry at Yamaraja for awarding him undue punishment, cursed him to become a sudra
- Authorized to award a disciple the right to be a brahmana
- Balarama said, "Simultaneously I can also give this Romaharsana Suta life again, with a span of long duration, sufficient strength and full power of the senses. Not only this, but if you desire I shall be glad to award him anything else you may ask"
- Brahmaji collected the water emanating from the nails of His (Krsna's) feet in order to award it to Lord Siva as a worshipful welcome. This very water (the Ganges) is purifying the whole universe, including Lord Siva
- Brahmanas should study carefully, especially Gita, Isopanisad, Nectar of Devotion and NOI as well as all the small paperbacks. Soon we will have yearly examinations for brahmanas based on these books & those who pass will be awarded Bhakti-sastri titles
- By the calculations of jyoti, our future is indicated. In other words, all the luminaries - the stars, sun and moon - witness the activities of the conditioned soul. Thus he is awarded a particular type of body
- Daiva supervision gives us a body selected from 8,400,000 forms; the choice does not depend on our selection, but is awarded to us according to our destiny
- Death is nothing but sleeping for a few months in order to develop another term of bodily encagement, which we are awarded by the law of nature according to our aspiration
- Due to his long forgetfulness of real existence, he (individual soul) identifies himself with a particular form awarded to him by the laws of material nature
- Even if a devotee of the Lord cannot fulfill the complete course of devotional service unalloyed and uncontaminated by material association, he is given another chance in the next life by being awarded a birth in the family of a devotee or rich man
- Even unserious persons who execute devotional service according to the regulative principles during the month of Karttika, and within the jurisdiction of Mathura in India, are very easily awarded the Lord's personal service
- Everyone knew that Arjuna was a great warrior. Even Dronacarya gave him benedictions and awarded him the special weapon by which he could kill even his teacher
- He (Hiranyakasipu) then asked Brahma for the benediction of becoming amara, by which one does not die. Brahma said that he could not award the benediction because even he, the material creator who rules all planets, is not amara
- How is it that the great sages, who were completely conversant with religious principles, desired to curse King Vena, who himself carried the rod of punishment, and thus awarded him the greatest punishment?
- Human life is simply awarded to a living entity (jiva) so that he can realize his spiritual identity and his permanent source of happiness
- I (Daksa) was going down to hell because of my disobedience to you (Siva), who are the most respectable personality, but you took compassion upon me and saved me by awarding punishment
- I hereby certify that my initiated disciple, Sriman Upendra Das Adhikari (Wayne Phillip Gunderson), having successfully completed his course of divinity studies in the International Society for KC has been awarded the degree of Bhakti-sastri (Minister)
- I may forget my past activities due to the change of body, but because the Supreme Lord as Paramatma is sitting within me, He knows everything; therefore the result of my past karma, or past activities, is awarded to me
- I think you may have already heard that in January of 1970 we will be holding an examination among all of our students on this book, and those who will pass shall be awarded with the title of Bhakti-sastri
- If a krpana, not knowing his self-interest, foolishly asks for something material, one who awards it to him is also foolish
- If a man gets the body of a swine it must be considered the grace of the Lord because the Lord awards the facility
- If the human being develops taste without discrimination, as does the swine, then the controlling deity is certainly certified for the next term to award him the body of a swine
- In order to award the highest benefit of human life, the varnasrama system trains the follower to adopt the vow of celibacy beginning from the order of brahmacari
- In that planet (Indraloka) he (Arjuna) was cordially received by the local residents, and he was awarded reception in the heavenly parliament of Indradeva
- In the human form of life the father and mother can award their son the greatest benediction by teaching him to become a devotee
- Indra wanted him (Arjuna) to come to the heavenly kingdom, the Indraloka planet beyond the moon planet. In that planet he was cordially received by the local residents, and he was awarded reception in the heavenly parliament of Indradeva
- It is My vow that if one only once seriously surrenders unto Me, saying "My dear Lord, from this day I am Yours," and prays to Me for courage, I shall immediately award courage to that person, and he will always remain safe from that time on
- It is not that automatically we have to award a devotee second initiation after he has been with us for a certain time, but the qualifications have to be there
- It propounds the highest principle of eternal religion, which can factually mitigate the threefold miseries of a living being and award the highest benediction of full prosperity and knowledge
- It was by His (Krsna's) influence only that in a fight I (Arjuna) was able to astonish the personality of god Lord Siva and his wife (Himavati), the daughter of Mount Himalaya. Thus he (Lord Siva) became pleased with me and awarded me his own weapon
- Liberation is not so important as the transcendental loving service of the Lord. The Lord could have awarded Prsni and Sutapa immediate liberation, but He preferred to keep them within this material world for His different appearances
- Lord Balarama said, "I shall be glad to award him anything else you may ask. I shall be very glad to grant all these boons to fulfill your desires"
- Lord Balarama said, "This man (Romaharsana Suta) is liable to be awarded the death punishment because"
- Lord Siva, being kind toward him (Daksa), awarded him punishment to neutralize the offense. King Daksa realized this and, feeling obliged for Lord Siva's magnanimous behavior, wanted to show his gratitude
- Maharaja Pariksit was awarded all material amenities and an undisputed kingdom in which to enjoy the undisturbed position of king, but by the grace of the Lord he was able to give up all connections with material attachment
- Maharaja Yudhisthira awarded the vipras sufficiently with gold, land, villages, grains and other valuable necessaries of life, which also include cows
- Material nature awards and punishes the living entity. When the living entity is materially opulent, material nature is rewarding him. When he is materially embarrassed, material nature is punishing him
- Men are afraid of Yamaraja because it is he only who awards punishment to the miscreants of the material world, but those who are devotees of the Lord have nothing to fear from him
- My point is, that whatever you want at the end, that doesn't matter, but you worship Krishna, and He will award whatever you desire
- No demigod can award freedom from material bondage. That is the verdict of all the Vedic literatures
- No one should encroach upon the property of the Supreme Lord. One should accept only what is kindly awarded by Him
- Nondevotees never care to take any instruction from the Lord, and therefore the Lord is silent in their case, although He witnesses all their activities and awards them the necessary results, good or bad
- One should be satisfied with things awarded by the Lord of the universe. It is out of madness only that one tries to encroach upon another's share of material possessions
- One should not be jealous, whether he is born in a family of gosvamis or has the title of gosvami awarded to him. As soon as anyone becomes envious, he falls from the platform of paramahamsa
- Only to those who are always engaged in devotional service out of transcendental love does He (the Lord) award the pure knowledge of devotion in love. In that way the devotee can reach Him easily in the ever-blissful kingdom of God
- Our actions are judged by the higher authorities, the agents of the Lord, and thus we are awarded bodies according to our activities
- Patience is required for the successful discharges of Krsna conscious duties. Krsna is pleased to award benediction upon the aspiring devotee engaged in His service with patience determination and regularity
- Persons constantly thinking of the eternal form of the Lord in the shape of the Deity or in the shape of a mental form are awarded the transcendental benediction of entering into the kingdom of God and associating with the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Please impress on him (Prabhupada dasa Adhikari) that this second initiation is not awarded cheaply or automatically, and that he must be very strict in following the regulative principles of bhakti yoga
- Prahlada Maharaja prays that Lord Nrsimhadeva place him in touch with a pure devotee and servant instead of awarding him material opulence. Every intelligent man within this material world must follow Prahlada Maharaja
- Prince Dhruva was initiated by Narada into chanting… om namo bhagavate vasudevaya, and Lord Vasudeva incarnated Himself as Prsnigarbha, the Personality of Godhead with four hands, and awarded the prince a specific planet above the seven stars
- Prince Dhruva, though only a boy, took to severe penances in the forest. And the Lord, being satisfied by his prayer, awarded him the Dhruva planet, which is worshiped by great sages, both upward and downward
- Pure devotees always think within their hearts of the lotus feet of the Personality of Godhead, who awards His devotees liberation
- She (the wife of the brahmana) said, "He (Krsna) will not hesitate to award you some material benefit for the bare necessities of life"
- Simply by hearing about Him, one develops love for Him. That is the gift of the Lord. On one side He takes away inauspicious things, and on the other side He awards the most auspicious things. That is the meaning of hari
- Since the Lord is very kind to everyone, the impersonalists, who accept bhakti as the means of merging in the existence of the Lord in His impersonal brahma-jyotir, are also awarded their desired destination
- Siva speaks to Sati, "My dear wife, a person who has surrendered himself at the lotus feet of Govinda and who has thus developed pure Krsna consciousness can be very easily awarded all the perfections desired by the impersonalists"
- The association of pure devotees, the mercy of Krsna and the rendering of devotional service - all these help one give up the association of nondevotees and the material opulence awarded by the external energy, maya
- The awarding of material prosperity simply depends on the stringent rules and regulations of the external energy
- The body is awarded by God according to your karma. Just like according to your payment, the landlord gives you an apartment. The apartment does not belong to you. That's a fact
- The demigods cannot give any good results to the person who has not executed the prescribed duties; therefore demigods are dependent on the execution of duties and are not absolute in awarding good results to anyone. So why should one care about them?
- The exact words used in the Bhagavad-gita are mayaiva vihitan hi tan, which mean that the demigods can award some benediction after being authorized by the Supreme Lord
- The exact words used in this connection in the Bhagavad-gita are mayaiva vihitan hi tan. This means that without the sanction of the Supreme Lord, no demigod can award any benediction to his worshiper
- The faith increases in Krishna Consciousness by our voluntary increase of serving Krishna. Serving Krishna is unlimited and he can accept our unlimited service, and award us unlimited transcendental pleasure in the unlimited service of the Lord
- The gopis said, "We are Your (Krsna's) devotees. You should accept us as Lord Narayana accepts His devotees. There are many devotees of Lord Narayana who worship Him for salvation, and He awards them salvation"
- The highest benefit that can be awarded to a human being is to train him to be detached from sex life
- The impersonalists desire salvation from Him, and He always awards them according to their aspiration
- The Lord can award anyone and everyone liberation (mukti) from the bondage of material existence, yet He rarely awards the privilege of love of Godhead
- The Lord is very kind and He awards right understanding of His transcendental Supreme Personality to His faithful devotee. And there is no such thing as material pangs for such a pure devotee of the Lord, because the Lord protects His devotees
- The Lord offered him (Daksa) the daughter of Pancajana named Asikni, who was suitable for Maharaja Daksa to enjoy in sex. Indeed, Daksa received his name because he was very expert in sex life. After awarding this benediction, Lord Visnu disappeared
- The lord, being very merciful, quickly awards all the blessings the devotee asks of him. The demons take advantage of this leniency and sometimes take benedictions from Lord Siva which can be very dangerous to others
- The messenger said, "The material body is awarded to us by the modes of material nature, and on account of this we are full of anxieties. The material condition of life simply involves bearing the burden of this dead body"
- The minute freedom of the living entity can be fully utilized, and the Lord is so kind that He will award the living entity the same type of body he desires
- The Personality of Godhead is the supreme master of everything auspicious because the results of whatever actions are performed by the living being, in either the material or spiritual existence, are awarded by the Lord
- The personified Vedas continued, "Various kinds of bodies are awarded as the result of a living entity's actions, and they are created by the material nature according to the living entity's desire"
- The planet awarded to Prince Dhruva Maharaja is a fixed Vaikuntha planet, installed in the material atmosphere by the will of the Supreme Lord, Vasudeva. This planet, although within the material world, will not be annihilated at the time of devastation
- The purport is that all conditioned souls who are engaged very frantically in activities for sense gratification, without knowing that this process will never help them to get out of material contamination, are awarded only with repeated births & deaths
- The purport is that the Lord does not award devotional service to ordinary persons who are not serious about it
- The sages said, "We (the sages) awarded Romaharsana Suta an undisturbed duration of life. Under the circumstances, since Your Lordship (Balarama) has killed him without knowing all these facts, we think that Your action is equal to killing a brahmana"
- The spiritual master cannot accept service from a disciple without awarding him spiritual instruction. That is the reciprocation of love and duty
- The Supreme Lord, who can award liberation to anyone, showed more mercy toward the gopis than to Lord Brahma, Lord Siva or even the goddess of fortune, who is His own wife and is associated with His body
- The Supreme Lord, who is the leader of all living entities, can award all the qualities of His personality unto His devotees, including immortality and spiritual bliss
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead continued: My dear Dhruva, I shall award you the glowing planet known as the polestar, which will continue to exist even after the dissolution at the end of the millennium
- The upper portion of the body, though crowned with a silk turban, is only a heavy burden if not bowed down before the Personality of Godhead who can award mukti - freedom
- The word hari conveys various meanings, but the chief import of the word is that He (the Lord) vanquishes everything inauspicious and takes away the mind of the devotee by awarding pure transcendental love
- The word hari has different meanings, of which two are foremost. Hari means that He takes away all inauspicious things from the devotee's life and that He attracts the mind of the devotee by awarding him transcendental love of Godhead
- There is a gulf of difference between the punishment awarded by the mother and the punishment awarded by an enemy, so a devotee’s distress is not the same as the distress of a common karmi
- There is an undercurrent of protest against our awarding the title gosvami to the American Vaisnavas of the Krsna consciousness movement
- There was a king of the name Satrajit within the jurisdiction of Dvaraka-dhama. He was a great devotee of the sun-god, who awarded him the benediction of a jewel known as Syamantaka
- To award fearlessness to the common man is the greatest act of charity
- We elevate foreigners, who are supposed to be mlecchas and yavanas, to the position of brahmanas. We train them in austerities and penances and recognize them as brahmanas by awarding them sacred threads
- We train them in austerities and penances and recognize them as brahmanas by awarding them sacred threads. Thus the caste brahmanas of India are very displeased by our activities in the Western world
- When a devotee is found to be always associated with the Lord in ecstatic love, it is to be understood that such a position has been awarded by the Lord Himself out of His causeless extraordinary mercy
- When a devotee, after experiencing the distress of the material world, relishes the spiritual happiness awarded by the Lord, his position is still more pleasant and enjoyable
- When chastised by Lord Caitanya, I was very happy to receive a punishment similar to that awarded Sri Mukunda
- When the rsi (Durvasa Muni) wanted to award some benediction to Duryodhana, the latter wished that he should visit the house of Maharaja Yudhisthira, who was the eldest and chief among all his cousins
- With His (the Lord's) strong, glorious arms, which award fearlessness throughout the universe, He took hold of Vasuki and began churning the ocean, using Mandara Mountain as a churning rod
- You are like the desire tree in the heavenly planets which awards benedictions according to one's desires. Everyone's free to achieve the highest perfection but if one does not so desire, then Your awarding of lesser benedictions is not due to partiality
- You can ask me freely to make devotees initiated for first initiation provided they are enthusiastic and following the rules, but be very cautious before awarding second initiation, even though you have a need for brahmanas in the temple