astronomical | astronomically | astronomy
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Astronomy"
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total.
- A Bengali translation of this book (Surya-siddhanta) was compiled by the great professor of astronomy and mathematics Bimal Prasad Datta, later known as Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami, who was our merciful spiritual master
- Absolute time is continuous and is unaffected by the speed or slowness of material things. Time is astronomically and mathematically calculated in relation to the speed, change and life of a particular object
- According to astronomical calculation, along with the polestar there is another star, which is called Sisumara, where Lord Visnu, who is in charge of the maintenance of this material world, resides
- According to Jyotir Veda, the science of astronomy in the Vedic literature, the sun moves for six months on the northern side of the Sumeru Hill and for six months on the southern side
- According to Vedic astronomical calculation, if there is rain during the constellation of the Svati star, any rain falling on the sea will produce pearls, and rain falling on a serpent will produce jewels
- According to Vedic astronomical calculations, day and night are each divided into thirty ghatikas (twenty-four minutes), instead of twelve hours
- According to Vedic astronomical calculations, the rotation of the sun consists of sixty dandas, and it is divided into thirty-six hundred palas
- According to Vedic astronomical calculations, there are thirteen months. The thirteenth month is called adhi-masa or mala-masa and is added every third year
- As far as ordinary education is concerned, people are involved with so many departments: politics, sociology, physics, chemistry, mathematics, astronomy, engineering, etc. BG 1972 purports
- As far as we are concerned, we cannot explain them (the subject matters of physics, chemistry, mathematics, astronomy, time and space) very thoroughly in terms of technical knowledge
- I propose that you can do something very tangible for us. In the Fifth Canto of the Srimad-Bhagavatam, there is a description of the planetary system. You are a learned scholar in Sanskrit, and also you have got knowledge in astronomy
- In an astronomical treatise by the name Khamanikya, the constellations at the time of the appearance of Lord Krsna are very nicely described. It is confirmed that the child born at that auspicious moment was the Supreme Brahman, or the Absolute Truth
- Insurmountable time even brings about the death of Brahma, so what to speak of other demigods like Indra, Candra, Surya, Vayu & Varuna? The astronomical influence directed by the different demigods over mundane creatures is also conspicuous by its absence
- It (Srimad-Bhagavatam) includes literature, poetry, astronomy, philosophy, religion, and love of Godhead. Srimad-bhagavatam pramanam amalam
- Laksmana said, "Victory of Lord Krsna was accomplished at noon, during the moment called abhijit, which is astronomically calculated as auspicious"
- Last life, I had some body, but I cannot say what kind of body I had. Of course, there is science, astronomy and other things. They can speak, but I don't believe it. Or even if I believe, what can I do with that?
- Sometimes he (Bhrgu) instructed Bharadvaja Muni about astronomical evolution, and he is the author of the great Bhrgu-samhita, the great astrological calculation
- Sometimes he (Bhrgu) instructed Bharadvaja Muni about astronomical evolution, and he is the author of the great Bhrgu-samhita, the great astrological calculation. He explained how air, fire, water and earth are generated from ether
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura has given accurate astronomical information about the location of Lokaloka Mountain, the movements of the sun globe and the distance between the sun and the circumference of the universe
- The astronomical calculation is that every 3 years, 1 month is added, so the year in which 1 month is added, that is always calculated as consisting of 13 months. Otherwise, generally it is 12 months in a year
- The darkness occurring before the full moon, the lunar eclipse, can be explained as being another planet, known as Rahu. According to Vedic astronomy, the Rahu planet, which is not visible, is accepted
- The law of nature is so subtle that every part of our body is influenced by the respective stars, and a living being obtains his working body to fulfill his terms of imprisonment by the manipulation of such astronomical influence
- The prathama-sandhya is the beginning of the age. According to astronomical calculation, the age is divided into twelve parts. The first of these twelve divisions is known as the prathama-sandhya
- The reign of fourteen Manus equals the length of one day (twelve hours) in the life of Brahma, and the night of Brahma is of the same duration. These calculations are given in the authentic astronomy book known as the Surya-siddhanta
- The subject matters of physics, chemistry, mathematics, astronomy, time and space dealt with in the above verses of Srimad-Bhagavatam are certainly very interesting to students of the particular subject
- The Sveta-varaha appearance of the Lord is the first birthday of Brahma. The birth date of Brahma is in the month of March, according to Hindu astronomical calculation
- This is called jata-karma. Just after the child is born, this astrologer will come and he will see the moment, the astronomical situation, and make a horoscope, and then immediately his future activities and everything will be clearly made
- This ksetrajna is the living spirit, whereas the ksetra is the material which is lorded over. Physics, chemistry, astronomy, pharmacology, economics, sexology, and other material sciences deal with the materials of ksetra
- We are calling them by names, "rascal,'' but I am not a scientist. I never studied astronomy, astrology, or anything. But why I am telling? What power I have got? But I am challenging on the words of a superior answer
- We have to accept the calculations of the Vedic literature. These Vedic calculations are steady; the astronomical calculations made long ago and recorded in the Vedic literature are correct even now