Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
- ► God's Side (2 C, 8 P)
- ► Krsna's Side (4 C, 27 P)
Pages in category "Aside"
The following 108 pages are in this category, out of 108 total.
- A hunter in the forest, although a great sinner, was not an intentional offender. He was at once influenced by the presence of Narada, and he agreed to take the path of devotion, leaving aside his hearth and home
- A living entity desires comfort for his body and makes many plans for this purpose, but actually the body is the property of others. Indeed, the perishable body embraces the living entity and then leaves him aside
- A man who is simply attached to sensual enjoyment voluntarily accepts the miserable material existence and thus wanders after the will-o'-the-wisp of sense pleasure. He is certainly the most foolish man, for he drinks poison and puts aside the nectar
- A snake came out to crawl in the yard of the Lord (Nimai), who captured the snake like a curious child. Immediately the snake coiled over Him. The Lord as a child then rested on the snake, and after some time the snake went away, leaving the Lord aside
- Abrahma-bhuvanal lokah punar avartino 'rjuna: (BG 8.16) aside from the moon, even if one goes to Brahmaloka, one must return
- After asking Govinda to put aside the quilt and pillow, the Lord lay down on the dry plantain bark
- After drinking the milk, Madhavendra Puri washed the pot and put it aside. He looked toward the path, but the boy never returned
- After this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu took the brahmana aside. Sitting in a solitary place, the Lord began to question him
- All men were advised to follow the path of Sri Krsna, leaving aside all mundane - isms. Offenders misunderstood this instruction, however, because of their poor fund of knowledge
- All My devotees come here just for Me. Leaving aside their homes and families, they travel by very difficult paths to come here in great haste
- All these sons of Lord Krsna (Pradyumna, Carudesna and Samba) left their respective palaces and leaving aside all engagements, including lying down, sitting and dining, hastened toward their exalted father
- All these sons of Lord Krsna left their respective palaces and leaving aside all engagements, including lying down, sitting and dining, hastened toward their exalted father
- Although Vrndavana dasa Thakura has within his jurisdiction the full store of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's pastimes, he has left aside most of them and described but a small portion
- As Maharaja Prthu was being initiated to perform the sacrifice, he had to leave aside his valuable dress, and therefore his natural bodily beauty was visible
- As soon as the dust of materialism is brushed aside, the clear mirror of the heart reflects the presence of the Lord. And as soon as we see Him we are automatically freed from all kinds of aspirations and frustrations
- Aside from being a thief in His childhood affairs, Krsna acted as an expert thief when He was young by attracting young girls and enjoying them in the rasa dance. This is Krsna's business. He is also violent, as the killer of many demons
- Aside from common men, even men who are elevated in terms of spiritual understanding are at the utmost engaged in the service of the virat-rupa, or, unable to understand the ultimate form of the Lord, they worship voidism by meditation
- Aside from conscious living beings, even unconscious matter is sometimes made conscious by Your lips. Therefore, Your lips are great magicians
- Aside from devotees, there are many others, nondevotees, known as karmis, jnanis or yogis, philanthropists, altruists, politicians, impersonalists and voidists
- Aside from human consciousness, there is consciousness in dogs, cats, worms, trees, birds, beasts and all other species. But we are not meant to live in that consciousness
- Aside from liberation, even if we consider only the preliminary necessities of life - dharma, artha and kama (religion, economic development and sense gratification) - we will see that they are not the same for everyone
- Aside from omkara, none of the words uttered by the followers of Sankaracarya can be considered the maha-vakya. They are merely passing remarks
- Aside from Satya-yuga, even formerly, in the days when demons were flourishing, Hiranyakasipu planned to destroy the brahminical culture and the ksatriya government and thus create chaos all over the world
- Aside from the fact that the soul transmigrates from one body to another, even in this life the relationships between living entities are impermanent, as exemplified in this verse
- Aside from the government and its income tax and aside from thieves, even a rich man's own relatives are always thinking of how to take advantage of him and take away his money
- Aside from the parents of our students, many businessmen are also dissatisfied because we teach our students to abandon intoxication, meat-eating, illicit sex and gambling
- Aside from the parents of the Personality of Godhead, all the other paraphernalia of His existence are also essentially a manifestation of sandhini-sakti, or a transformation of visuddha-sattva
- Aside from the rivers, the trees standing on the banks like great ascetics and engaging in welfare activities for all living entities drink the nectar of Krsna's lips by drawing water from the river with their roots
- Aside from the sun and moon, there is an invisible planet called Rahu. The movements of Rahu cause both solar and lunar eclipses. We suggest that the modern expeditions attempting to reach the moon are mistakenly going to Rahu
- Aside from the sun and the touchstone, there are many other material things that transform their energy in different ways and yet remain as they are
- Aside from us, what is to be said of others, like the demons and human beings, who are in the base modes of material nature (rajo-guna and tamo-guna)? How will they know You?
- Because Krsna had caught the demon's neck, the demon (Trnavarta) was unable to throw Him off. He therefore thought of the child as wonderful, since he could neither bear the child nor cast aside the burden - SB 10.7.27
- Because of intense love for Krsna, the cowherd men and women simply remained silent, thinking of how Krsna and the boys had been saved (from Bakasura). The cowherd men and women looked upon Krsna and the boys and did not desire to turn their eyes aside
- Brahma said, "My dear Lord, leaving aside all other things and just considering today's happenings - what I have seen - are they not all due to Your inconceivable energies?"
- By accepting such a secondary word (tat tvam asi) and leaving aside the principal vibration (omkara), he (Sankara) has given up a direct interpretation of the scripture in favor of his own indirect interpretation
- By knowing this (the position of the Lord and how to approach His dhama) he (Maharaja Pariksit) could leave aside everything material, even his own body, without any difficulty of attachment
- Equal terms means spiritually. That we invite everyone. There is no discrimination. We don't care for the designations. We invite everyone to leave aside the designation and come in your original form and be Krsna conscious and be happy
- Everyone is looking, that is another thing. But food is there. He has no arrangement for making industry. (aside:) Hare Krsna. He has no arrangement for making industry
- He (Krsna) manifests His transcendental pastimes in Vraja so that people may be attracted into that sphere of activities and leave aside their imitation relationships with the mundane. Then, after fully exhibiting all such activities, the Lord disappears
- He (who determind to see God) comes to understand the foolishness of material possessions, and he puts the illusion aside for the real thing. When one becomes situated in KC, like Dhruva Maharaja, he becomes fully satisfied and doesn't want anything
- He threw the dead snake aside and asked his son why he was crying, whether anyone had done him harm. On hearing this, the son explained to him what had happened
- Her attractive nose and cheeks and Her ears, adorned with golden earrings, made Her face very beautiful. As She moved, Her sari's border on Her breasts moved slightly aside
- I (Radharani) do not know why the goddess of fortune continues to serve His lotus feet instead of leaving them aside. Apparently she believes in Krsna’s false words. We gopis, however, are not unintelligent like Laksmi
- I do not wish to be liberated alone, leaving aside all these poor fools & rascals. I know that without Krsna consciousness, without taking shelter of Your lotus feet, one cannot be happy. Therefore I wish to bring them back to shelter at Your lotus feet
- If one can beget children who will be devotees and be taught to turn aside from the path of birth and death (mrtyu-samsara-vartmani (BG 9.3)), there is no need of birth control. Rather, one should be encouraged to beget children
- In the Upanisads a devotee prays to the Lord to kindly put aside the effulgence, brahmajyoti, so that the devotee may see within the brahmajyoti the actual, eternal form of the Lord
- It sometimes happens that prasadam is mixed with a larger quantity of food and then distributed, but in this case we find that Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya kept the jagannatha-prasadam separate. He kept it aside particularly for the satisfaction of Caitanya
- Knowledge means knowing things as they are, and if by deliberation it is found that there are things which are at all unnecessary, naturally the person who has acquired knowledge leaves aside such unwanted things
- Krsna informed him, "You may go home now because We shall enter Mathura later, along with Our associates." Akrura replied, "My dear Lord, I cannot go to Mathura alone, leaving You aside"
- Krsna sarcastically addressed Arjuna as maha-bahu, mighty-armed, because He, at least, did not accept the theory of the Vaibhasikas, which leaves aside the Vedic wisdom. BG 1972 purports
- Leaving aside their leader even in the very beginning of the fight, they decided to flee because all their prowess had been taken away by the enemy
- Lord Balarama then implored all the sages and brahmanas that aside from the benediction offered to the son of Romaharsana, they should ask from Him any other benediction, and He would be prepared to fulfill it immediately
- Lord Caitanya accepted sannyasa, leaving aside His householder life, to preach His mission. He has equanimity in different senses
- Lord Krsna, the enemy of Kamsa, left aside the other gopis during the rasa dance and took Srimati Radharani to His heart, for She is the helper of the Lord in realizing the essence of His desires
- No one should trust a demon, despite any amount of affection. Aside from this, a king, a politician or a woman cannot be trusted, since they can do anything abominable for their personal interest
- Not liking the chanting of His transcendental qualities, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu chastised them as if He were angry. "What kind of chanting is this?" He asked. "Are you leaving aside the chanting of the holy name of the Lord"
- Nowadays the maternity home is a hospital, but formerly in every respectable house one room was set aside as a maternity home where children would take birth
- O my friend, (tell me) whether Ugrasena, the King of the Satvatas, Vrsnis, Bhojas and Dasarhas, is now doing well. He went far away from his kingdom, leaving aside all hopes of his royal throne, but Lord Krsna again installed him
- One can elevate oneself simply by Your grace, so also by Your direction alone one may be lost to all benedictions under the influence of eternal time. Therefore I (Rukmini) have selected You as my husband, brushing aside personalities like Brahma & Indra
- One should think of no pleasure aside from the pleasure of the Supreme Self. This state is easily attained by directly practicing Krsna consciousness. BG 1972 purports
- One who is fully aware of this truth (if one is promoted to Brahmaloka, but he is not freed from material bondage he must return to this planet earth) is self-realized (sa atma-drk), but aside from him, everyone suffers in the cycle of birth and death
- Prabuddha said, "Such great personalities who have taken shelter of the Supreme Godhead, leaving aside all material considerations, are to be understood as bona fide spiritual masters"
- Prahlada advises a person who has taken to the materialistic way of life, which is never permanent but always temporary, to take shelter of the SP of Godhead and leave aside all his so-called responsibilities in order to get free from all anxieties
- Pure devotees of the Lord are not enthusiastic to put aside their service to the Lord in order to go visit holy places of pilgrimage
- Sanjaya said: Arjuna, having thus spoken on the battlefield, cast aside his bow and arrows and sat down on the chariot, his mind overwhelmed with grief. BG 1.46 - 1972
- Saunaka Rsi, after hearing all about the creation, inquired from Suta Gosvami about Vidura, for Suta Gosvami had previously informed him how Vidura left home, leaving aside all his relatives, who were very difficult to leave
- Seeing Srivasa Thakura standing before the King, Haricandana touched Srivasa with his hand and requested him to step aside
- Sisupala said, "I cannot understand how you have selected this cowherd boy, Krsna, and have left aside all these great personalities. I think Krsna to be no better than a crow - how can He be fit to accept the first worship in this great sacrifice?"
- Some of them (ladies) were in the bathroom taking their baths, but without properly finishing their baths, they went to see Krsna and Balarama. Some were engaged in feeding their children breast milk, but they put their babies aside and went to see them
- Someone may say that aside from devotees, who always seek shelter at the Lord's lotus feet, there are those who are not devotees but who have accepted different processes for attaining salvation. What happens to them - SB 10.2.32
- Sometimes I think that I left my home leaving aside all children and grandchildren, and Krsna is giving another batch to whom I am becoming attached. But this attachment is nice because the center is Krsna
- Sometimes the conditioned soul is separated from his father by death or other circumstances. Leaving him aside he gradually becomes attached to others, such as his children
- Such great personalities, who have taken complete shelter of the Supreme Godhead, leaving aside all material considerations, are to be understood as bona fide spiritual masters
- Such great personalities, who have taken shelter of the Supreme Godhead, leaving aside all material considerations, are to be understood as bona fide spiritual masters
- Take away Krsna's sitting place and put it aside. Then give Me prasadam on a different plate
- The demigods, such as Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, King Indra, Candra and Surya, are all subordinate to the SPG. Aside from the demigods, even in human society there are many influential personalities supervising various businesses or establishments
- The gopis asked, "How could Krsna take Her away alone, leaving all of us aside, unless She is extraordinarily qualified and beautiful?"
- The gopis said, "As such, we have come to You (Krsna), leaving aside all so-called friends, society and love, and now You have become our enjoyer. Let us be everlastingly enjoyed by You"
- The inhabitants of the heavenly planets, aside from being very beautiful, both in complexion and bodily features, are well behaved and long-living, and they eat first-class food in goodness
- The last instruction in the Bhagavad-gita (BG 18.66) advises fully surrendering unto the Lord, leaving aside all other engagements or different processes for self-realization and liberation from material bondage
- The Lord appreciated his erudite scholarship in explaining the verse and said: "My dear Bhattacarya, your explanation is more or less based on academic education only. Aside from this academic scholarly approach, there is another explanation
- The Lord is so kind that he gives all protection to the family members of His devotee, and thus the devotee has no need to bother about his family members, even if one leaves such family members aside to discharge devotional service
- The Lord, however, by moving slightly aside, dodged the violent mace-blow aimed at His breast by the enemy, just as an accomplished yogi would elude death
- The mystic yogi of My mind has assumed the name Mahabaula and made disciples of My ten senses. Thus My mind has gone to Vrndavana, leaving aside the home of My body and the great treasure of material enjoyment
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, who had many, many arms, first uprooted Hiranyakasipu's heart and then threw him aside and turned toward the demon's soldiers
- The words of scriptures consist of variegated vibrations. If a foolish rascal leaves aside the study of these sastras to engage in temporary activities, what will be the result?
- They (the brahmanas) saw that Lord Ramacandra, aside from being the Supreme Personality of Godhead, was fully qualified as a ksatriya and was exemplary in character. One of the qualifications of a ksatriya is to be charitable
- They (the cowherd men and women) looked upon Krsna and the boys with silent eyes, not wanting to turn their eyes aside now that the boys were safe - SB 10.11.54
- They (the materialistic persons) are very lazy; even though they have some duty, they do not do it properly, and they put it aside to be done later on. Therefore they appear to be morose. BG 1972 purports
- They say, "It is too difficult a subject." Or they brush it aside: "It is irrelevant." Thus engineers direct their attention to creating and attempting to perfect the horseless carriage and wingless bird
- This date (Caturdasi) falls three days after Ekadasi, and it is set aside for the worship of Lord Siva. One of the plenary portions of Lord Siva is called Kalabhairava. This form of Lord Siva is worshiped by demons who offer animals killed before him
- This is the test of Krsna consciousness. In the beginning they (the gopis) were a little envious that Krsna had taken Radharani alone, leaving aside all the other gopis
- This particular universe may appear as a very gigantic body, but it is nothing but the measurement of seven spans for Lord Brahma. Aside from this universe, there are unlimited other universes which are outside the jurisdiction of this particular Brahma
- We don't care for the designations. We invite everyone to leave aside the designation and come in your original form and be Krsna conscious and be happy
- What I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) have described was left aside by Vrndavana dasa Thakura, but although he could not describe these pastimes, he gave us a synopsis
- When a fire, for some unseen reason, leaps over one piece of wood and sets fire to the next, the reason is destiny. Similarly, when a living being accepts one kind of body & leaves aside another, there is no other reason than unseen destiny - SB 10.1.51
- When Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to the temple of Jagannatha, Kasisvara, being very strong, cleared the crowds aside with his hands so that Caitanya Mahaprabhu could pass untouched
- When Krsna disappeared from the scene of the rasa dance, all the gopis began to repent, saying, "Dear Krsna! We have come here and have left aside our husbands, sons, relatives, brothers and friends! Neglecting their advice, we have come to You"
- When Sanatana Gosvami tried to confirm Lord Caitanya's personal characteristics as being those of the incarnation of this age, Caitanya said, Let us leave aside all these discussions and continue with a description of the saktyavesa-avataras
- When this material body becomes old and worn out, or when it is rendered useless by some accident, we put it aside as we might put aside a soiled or ruined suit and take up another material body
- When you are put into the prison house, you have to keep aside your own household dress, and you have to take that particular dress. If you say, "No, no. I cannot accept this dress. I am a gentleman. I have got costly dress. I shall put on that," no