Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
ascetic | ascetical | asceticism | ascetics | ascetism
Pages in category "Ascetic"
The following 33 pages are in this category, out of 33 total.
- Although posing as great scholars, ascetics, householders and svamis, the so-called followers of the Hindu religion are all useless, dried-up branches of the Vedic religion
- An ascetic is never disturbed by all kinds of sufferings, and that makes him strong and determined on the path of spiritual progress
- As far as bedding is concerned, the ascetic should be content with simply lying on the floor. The purpose for undergoing such severe austerities is to become a devotee of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna
- As soon as the sages and ascetics arrived, all the kings, including Maharaja Yudhisthira and the other Pandavas and Lord Krsna and Balarama, immediately got up from their seats and offered respects by bowing down to the universally respected sages
- Asceticism without self-knowledge is imperfect. Empiric knowledge without surrender to the Supreme Lord is also imperfect. And fruitive work without Krsna consciousness is a waste of time
- Be he a learned scholar, a great ascetic, a successful householder or a famous sannyasi, one who is against the cult of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is destined to suffer the punishment meted out by Yamaraja
- Bhakti-yoga is full spiritual knowledge, and therefore nothing can excel it. Asceticism without self-knowledge is imperfect
- Brahma, the greatest of all ascetics
- But she suffered all this just like an ascetic. Gandhari, although a woman, is no less than Bhismadeva in character. They are both remarkable personalities in the Mahabharata
- Gandhari was a powerful ascetic, although she was living the life of a faithful wife and kind mother
- Great sages and ascetics, the denizens of the Siddha and Gandharva planets, the denizens known as Vidyadharas, Vasuki and the Mahanagas and the beautiful angels, all showered flowers upon Him (Krsna) and sang songs of His victory in great jubilation
- I am the original fragrance of the earth, and I am the heat in fire. I am the life of all that lives, and I am the penances of all ascetics
- In the heavenly planet he (Arjuna) also met the great celebrated ascetic Lomasa and prayed to him for the protection of Maharaja Yudhisthira
- In the process of karma-kanda, it is recommended that one renounce physical pleasures for a time; so a karmi may sometimes be called an ascetic
- Lord Krsna said, "The neophyte cannot understand the importance of great sages, devotees or ascetics"
- Lord Krsna said, "Today we have achieved the desired goal of life because we now see face to face all the exalted, liberated sages and ascetics, whom even the great demigods in the heavens desire to see"
- Lord Krsna spoke thus, "All glories to the assembled sages and ascetics! Today we all feel that our lives have become successful"
- Neither the ascetic, nor one who is greatly munificent, nor one who is famous, nor the great philosopher, nor the great occultist, nor anyone else can achieve the desired result without being engaged in the service of the Lord
- Not only the misguided descendants of Advaita Acarya but anyone who has no connection with Caitanya Mahaprabhu - even if he is independently a great sannyasi, learned scholar or ascetic - is like a dead branch of a tree
- O chief of the ascetics, just as there are two energies possessed by fire - namely heat and light - these inconceivable creative energies are the natural characteristics of the Absolute Truth
- Once when Narada, the great devotee and ascetic amongst the demigods, was traveling among different planets, he desired to meet the ascetic Narayana personally in Badarikasrama and offer Him respects
- Our religion does not say asceticism. Our religion teaches to love God. You can love God in this dress. There is no harm
- The Lord also delivered the tiny ascetic sages called the Valakhilyas when they fell into the water in a cow's hoofprint and Indra was laughing at them
- The word 'muni' refers to one who is thoughtful, one who is grave or silent, an ascetic, one who keeps great vows, one in the renounced order and a saint. These are the different meanings of the word 'muni'
- The word munayah refers to (1) those who are thoughtful, (2) those who are grave and silent, (3) ascetics, (4) the persistent, (5) mendicants, (6) sages and (7) saints
- To vanquish the false pride of so-called renunciates and learned scholars, He spreads real religious principles, even through a sudra, or lowborn, fourth-class man
- When Lord Balarama arrived, all the participants in the meeting (at Naimisaranya) - great sages, ascetics, brahmanas and learned scholars - immediately arose from their seats and welcomed Him with great honor and respect
- When the supreme authority, Lord Krsna, was thus speaking with great gravity, all the sages and ascetics remained in dead silence. They were amazed upon hearing Him speak the absolute philosophy of life in such a concise way
- While the women were engaged in conversations among themselves and the men were similarly engaged in conversation, there arrived from all directions almost all the important sages and ascetics, who had come for the purpose of seeing Krsna and Balarama