Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
ascertain | ascertained | ascertaining | ascertainment | ascertains
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Ascertain"
The following 58 pages are in this category, out of 58 total.
- A man's destiny is therefore ascertained by the birthtime constellation of stars, and a factual horoscope is made by a learned astrologer. It is a great science, and misuse of a science does not make it useless
- Actually it is very difficult to ascertain the number of universes. Every universe has its separate Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, who are known as permanent governors. Therefore there is also no counting them
- Actually with such meetings between two friends, there are so many feelings involved that it is difficult to ascertain when these feelings are actually becoming compatible and when they are becoming incompatible
- Akrura continued, "My dear Lord, it is very difficult for even great mystic yogis and demigods to ascertain Your movements or approach You (Krsna), yet out of Your causeless mercy You have kindly consented to come to my home"
- An incarnation of the Supreme Lord never declares Himself to be an incarnation, but His followers must ascertain who is an incarnation and who is a pretender by referring to authoritative scriptures
- Another class of men cannot ascertain what the actual form of the Supreme is, but they agree that there is a Supreme who controls the activities of the ordinary living being. Such philosophers are accepted as mediocre
- Ascertain the cause of distress by argumentation
- Bhisma wanted to impress upon Maharaja Yudhisthira that since time immemorial no one, including such demigods as Siva and Brahma, could ascertain the real plan of the Lord. So what can we understand about it?
- Brahma tried to understand who they (the cowherds boys and calves) were and how they were uninfluenced by his mystic power, but he could not ascertain it. In other words, he himself came under the spell of his own mystic power
- Brahma, with great attention and concentration of the mind, studied the Vedas three times, and after scrutinizingly examining them, he ascertained that attraction for the Supreme Personality of Godhead Sri Krsna is the highest perfection of religion
- Dependence is also grouped under ecstatic love & this can be divided into superior dependence and inferior dependence. The direct differentiations between superior & inferior dependence are ascertained by Rupa Gosvami and will be presented in due course
- Dizziness can be conquered by rising up, and false arguments can be conquered by factual ascertainment
- Each and every country may have different types of sacrifice to please the Supreme Lord, but the central point in pleasing Him is ascertained in the Bhagavatam, and it is truthfulness
- Even the exhaustive philosophical inquiries of sages cannot ascertain the plan of the Lord. The best policy is simply to abide by the orders of the Lord without argument
- I came here for my benefit, but now I see that I am getting just the opposite. I do not know, nor can I ascertain, how there will be benefit for me
- I can understand from the words of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu that He wants you to write books about the conclusive decision of devotional service and about the regulative principles ascertained from the revealed scriptures
- If one becomes a bookworm, reading many books and scriptures and hearing many commentaries and the instructions of many men, this will produce doubt within his heart. One cannot in this way ascertain the real goal of life
- If the sparks somehow or other fall out of the fire, they lose their natural illumination; thus it is ascertained that the living entities come into this material world exactly as sparks fall from a great fire
- In East Bengal there was a brahmana named Tapana Misra, who could not ascertain the objective of life or how to attain it
- In the midst of their excitement one of them ascertained that it was actually only a cloud on Govardhan Hill
- It is very difficult to ascertain the particular miscreant who has caused our sufferings, because we are bewildered by all the different opinions of theoretical philosophers
- It is very difficult to ascertain which exigency is the cause of the other, but we can describe this process of reciprocity as the wheel of work. And to travel all over the universe is to circumambulate the wheel of work
- Medical science accepts the importance of the red corpuscles, but it cannot ascertain that the source of the energy is the soul. Medical science, however, does admit that the heart is the seat of all energies of the body
- My Lord, You are unlimited. Even the predominating deities of the higher planetary systems, including Lord Brahma, cannot find Your limitations. Nor can You Yourself ascertain the limit of Your qualities
- Narottama dasa Thakura states that one has to ascertain the right path for his activities by following in the footsteps of great saintly persons and books of knowledge under the guidance of a spiritual master
- Nevertheless, if you want to take instructions from Me with faith and love, you may ascertain your duties from the following words
- No one can ascertain his destiny as the Supreme Lord can; therefore the best course is to take direction from the Supreme Lord and act
- No one can ascertain the Absolute Truth by following the philosophy of Sankhya or the yoga system of Patanjali
- No one could ascertain the cause (of the cart collapsing), but some small children who were entrusted to play with baby Krsna informed the crowd that it was due to Krsna's striking His feet against the wheel
- No one, not even Lord Brahma, can ascertain or even taste a drop of this confidential ocean of ecstasy, but Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, out of His causeless mercy, has distributed this love of Godhead all over the world
- On the strength of astrological calculations from the hora scriptures, Nilambara Cakravarti, the grandfather of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, had ascertained the auspicious moment when the Lord would appear
- One cannot ascertain the ways of religion simply by imperfect experimental knowledge. Actually, the principles of religion can only be laid down by the Lord Himself
- Sisupala said, "We cannot even ascertain which caste this Krsna belongs to or what His actual occupational duty is." Actually, Krsna does not belong to any caste, nor does He have to perform any occupational duty"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu further inquired from Haridasa, "Can you ascertain what your disease is?" Haridasa Thakura replied, "My disease is that I cannot complete my rounds"
- The Absolute Personality of Godhead must be completely full of opulence, strength, fame, beauty, knowledge and renunciation. Yet the transcendental Personality of Godhead is astonishingly ascertained as impersonal
- The associates of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu were many, but none of them should be considered lower or higher. This cannot be ascertained
- The daughter of King Vidarbha continued as usual to serve her husband, who was seated in a steady posture, until she could ascertain that he had passed away from the body
- The gopis then came upon a group of she-deer. Smelling the aroma of Krsna's body and seeing the faces of the deer, the gopis inquired from them to ascertain if Krsna was nearby
- The members of the varnas, or social orders-brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya and sudra-must be ascertained by their symptoms, not by birth. Birth is immaterial; quality is essential
- The physician first of all diagnose that what is the disease; then he gives medicine. Similarly, first of all you ascertain what is your constitutional position. You try to understand. That is the beginning everywhere. That is Vedic literature
- The prefix "nih" may be used for a sense of ascertainment, gradation, construction or forbidding. The word "grantha" means "riches," "thesis" and "composition"
- The purpose of King Pariksit's inquiry was to ascertain from Sukadeva Gosvami whether the Vedas ultimately describe the Absolute Truth as impersonal or as personal
- The word 'api' is then used in the sense of ascertainment, and then the word 'eva' can be uttered four times with four words
- The work of unseen destiny cannot be ascertained by practical experimental knowledge, and therefore one must be satisfied by reasoning that everything is done by supreme providence
- They (people of Kasi) finally detected that the head (which was next to city gate) was not Krsna's but that of Kasiraja. When this was ascertained, the queens of the King of Kasi immediately approached and began to lament the death of their husband
- They were all expecting the arrival of Krsna. It had already been ascertained that Krsna, who is the resting place of the goddess of fortune and the reservoir of all pleasure and transcendental qualities, was going to visit Mathura City
- Tossed as we are by the waves of action and reaction, we cannot ascertain the volume of our distresses in undertaking such an ominous journey
- When Nilambara Cakravarti saw those marks, he smilingly said, "Formerly I ascertained all this by astrological calculation and noted it in writing
- When one catches some disease, it is often very difficult to ascertain the cause of the disease, where it originated and how it is maturing. The suffering of a disease, however, does not appear all of a sudden. It actually takes time