Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
affectionate | affectionately
Pages in category "Affectionate"
The following 104 pages are in this category, out of 104 total.
- A grhastha should be very much affectionate toward lower animals, birds and bees, treating them exactly like his own children
- A pure devotee of the Lord is exactly in a family tie with the Lord, and therefore he is undeterred in discharging his duty in a full affectionate tie with the Lord
- A wife who is satisfied, who is not greedy, who is expert and knows religious principles, who speaks what is dear and truthful and is not bewildered, and who is always clean and affectionate should be very much devoted to her husband if he is not fallen
- Affection and the dealings of love are different branches of the original tree of love preceding the many varieties of affectionate manifestations, which will not be discussed here
- After embracing their children, the men took the cows back to the top of Govardhana Hill. Along the way they began to think of their children, and affectionate tears fell from their eyes
- Akrura continued, "Only by chance do we assemble together in a family, society, community, nation, at the end, because every one of us has to give up the body, we must be separated. One should not, be unnecessarily affectionate toward family members"
- All the brahmanas who were engaged in the various activities of the sacrifice were very pleased with Lord Ramacandra, who was greatly affectionate and favorable to the brahmanas. Thus with melted hearts they returned all the property received from Him
- Although Gadadhara Pandita Gosani was not in the least at fault, some of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's devotees showed affectionate anger toward him
- An affectionate father does not like his children to be chastised by another agent, yet he puts his disobedient children under the custody of a severe man just to bring them to order
- As soon as Vasudeva saw Nanda Maharaja, Vasudeva jumped up and ran over to him and embraced him very affectionately
- At the request of Lord Brahma, Prajapati Daksa, who is known as Pracetasa, begot sixty daughters in the womb of his wife Asikni. All the daughters were very affectionate toward their father
- Balabhadra Bhattacarya was so affectionate to the Lord that he was rendering service just like a menial servant. His assistant brahmana carried the waterpot and garments
- Because Arjuna was the Lord's affectionate devotee, the Lord did all this Himself without personal anxiety by Arjuna. That is the way of the devotional service to the Lord
- Because of sincere affection, she thought that eating this sukuta would cure the Lord's disease. Considering these affectionate thoughts of Damayanti, the Lord was very pleased
- Bhavananda Raya is worthy of my worship and respect. Therefore I am always naturally affectionate to his sons
- Bhismadeva was the most affectionate grandfather of the Pandavas and caretaker of the widow daughter-in-law Kuntidevi
- Bodily relationships are so transient that even though one is affectionate towards someone in a bodily relationship, a slight provocation terminates this intimacy
- By nature’s own arrangement, the childhood of the embodied living being is enjoyed by his parents. Even in the animal kingdom, parents are found to be affectionate to their cubs
- Dear and affectionate devotee
- Devotional service may be regulative or affectionate. One who has not developed transcendental affection for Krsna should conduct his life according to the directions and regulations of the scriptures and the spiritual master
- Due to getting a perfect son according to his desire, King Nabhi was always overwhelmed with transcendental bliss and was very affectionate to his son. It was with ecstasy and a faltering voice that he addressed Him, "My dear son, my darling."
- Due to the continuance of his lusty desires, King Puranjana became very poor in everything. Thus he did not understand the aim of life. He was still very affectionate toward his wife and children, and he worried about maintaining them
- Duryodhana, being affectionate toward his daughter Laksmana, had her married to Samba in great pomp
- He (Ajamila) never meant that "I am going to Narayana." He wanted his son because he was affectionate. But he got the opportunity of chanting the holy name of Narayana. This is his good fortune
- He (Pradyumna) inquired from her (Mayavati), "How is it possible that first you were affectionate like a mother and now you are expressing the symptoms of a lusty woman? What is the reason for such a change"
- He (the living entity) falsely accepts himself as their son (of a certain father and mother) and acts affectionately
- He also remembered how Sri Jagannatha Misra's wife, Sacimata, was expert in cooking. He recalled that she was very affectionate toward the sannyasis and fed them exactly like her own sons
- Her brother's (Rukmi) character was not at all admirable, considering his treatment of his friends, and yet Rukmini, as an ordinary woman, was affectionate toward him. He was not fit to be her brother, and still Rukmini was lenient toward him
- His (Vasudeva) eyes filled with tears, and he began to cry. Nanda Maharaja, desiring to please his friend Vasudeva and being affectionately bound with love for Lord Krsna and Balarama, passed three months in their association
- His body shone most brilliantly; though he had engaged in austere penance for a long time, he was not emaciated, for the Lord had cast His affectionate sidelong glance upon him and he had also heard the nectar flowing from the moonlike words of the Lord
- I am very glad to know that you have become more affectionate for your Spiritual Father than for your natural father, and this is quite to the standard of spiritual advancement
- I take America as my fatherland. India is motherland, and here is fatherland. So many fathers. My father was very affectionate to me. He would do everything for me. I lost one father, I have got so many fathers
- I very much regret for the loss of your good wife. I always remember her because she was so kind upon me when I used to visit your house. She was so affectionately feeding me, so I felt very much when I learned that she is no more in this world
- I was pet child of my father whom I lost in 1930, and since then nobody was taking care of me as affectionate son. But Krishna has sent me so many fathers to take care of me in a far distant place in USA
- In the performance of a sacrifice, there are seven transcendental means to obtain the mercy of the Supreme P. of Godhead: However, one cannot always obtain the Supreme Lord through this paraphernalia. Nonetheless, the Lord is affectionate to His devotee
- Kamsa was affectionate toward his sister, and therefore he had become the chariot driver to carry her and his brother-in-law to their home
- King Bhismaka was not enthusiastic about handing his daughter (Rukmini) over to Sisupala, but he was obliged to accept the marriage settlement due to his affectionate attachment for his eldest son (Rukmi), who had negotiated it
- Krsna said, "I think the drones that are buzzing all around You must have been Your devotees in their past lives. They cannot leave Your company because no one can be a better, more affectionate master than You"
- Laksmana said, "I have already told you that my father was very affectionate to me, so when he saw that my desire had been fulfilled by my getting Lord Krsna as my husband"
- Laksmana said, "My dear Queen, my father was very affectionate toward me. When he understood that I was attracted to Krsna, he devised a plan like that devised by your father"
- Less affectionate devotee
- Lord Balarama wanted to impress upon Rukmini that she should not be sorry for the consequences her brother (Rukmi) suffered due to his actions. There was no need of being too affectionate toward such a brother
- Lord Krsna accepted the motherhood of Putana because she pretended to be an affectionate mother, allowing Krsna to suck her breast. The Lord accepts the least qualification of the living entity and awards him the highest reward
- Lord Krsna was silent on the death of His brother-in-law Rukmi on the occasion of His grandson's marriage. He did not disturb His affectionate relationship with either Balarama or Rukmini
- Lord Siva is well known as Asutosa ("very easily pleased"), and he is also very affectionate to his devotees. He is a great protector for persons who take shelter of him and is the master of all living entities in this material world
- Lord Siva, who was affectionate toward Brhaspati, joined Brhaspati. The father of Brhaspati was Angira, from whom Lord Siva had received knowledge. Therefore Lord Siva had some affection for Brhaspati and joined his side in this fight
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sometimes desired to see Gadadhara Pandita's affectionate anger, but because of his knowledge of the Lord's opulences, his anger was never invoked
- Maharaja Bharata was as affectionate to the citizens as his father and grandfather had been. Keeping them engaged in their occupational duties, he ruled the earth
- Maharaja Pariksit was surprised, thinking, "What did mother Yasoda and Nanda Maharaja do in their previous lives by which they got such a great opportunity, the opportunity to be the affectionate father and mother of Krsna
- Most affectionate disciple
- My affectionate disciples
- My father was very much affectionate, and in my childhood, whatever I wanted from my father he would at once give me
- My Spiritual Master knew it that alone I could not do this great work. Therefore He has very kindly sent you all to help me in this task. I accept you therefore as representatives of my Guru Maharaja playing as my affectionate disciples
- Narada says, "My dear King, there are many devotees who first become attracted to the Personality of Godhead for purposes of sense gratification, from being envious of Him, out of fear of Him, or from desiring to associate affectionately with Him"
- Not only should a woman be faithful and chaste to her husband, but she should also be affectionate to the friends of her husband, obedient to the father and mother of her husband, and affectionate to the younger brothers of her husband
- Now you are to give the finishing touch because you are most affectionate disciple of His Divine Grace. I think Srila Prabhupada wants that in this great attempt by my humble self your valued service may also be dovetailed
- O sons of Daksa (the Savalasvas), please hear my (Narada Muni's) words of instruction attentively. You are all very affectionate to your elder brothers, the Haryasvas. Therefore you should follow their path
- O sons of Daksa, please hear my words of instruction attentively. You are all very affectionate to your elder brothers, the Haryasvas. Therefore you should follow their path
- Our Krsna is not a dead God as with other things. He is the supreme living being and very affectionate to His devotees. He is the responsive cooperator with our activities. So stick to His lotus feet as advised by Lord Caitanya
- Paramesvara Modaka had been affectionate toward the Lord since His childhood, and he was one of those who came that year to see the Lord at Jagannatha Puri
- People are affectionate to father and mother, and they hesitate how to give up... Especially boys, give up the company of family, father and mother, take to Krsna consciousness
- Pious persons like you (Dadhici, the son of Atharva), whose activities are praiseworthy, are very kind and affectionate to people in general. What can't such pious souls give for the benefit of others? They can give everything, including their bodies
- Prahlada Maharaja said: A wife is always very kind and sympathetic and always pleases her husband in a solitary place. Who could give up the association of such a dear and affectionate wife?
- Prasuti was asking the favor of Lord Visnu in an affectionate mode; since she was His aunt, she sought some special favor
- Rati continued, "She (Rukmini-devi) is very affectionate toward you, and since you have been taken away from her, she has been living like a cow aggrieved over the loss of its calf"
- Relieved of his responsibility by handing over his daughter (Devahuti) to a suitable man (Kardama Muni), Svayambhuva Manu, his mind agitated by feelings of separation, embraced his affectionate daughter with both his arms
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya's wife was known as Sathira Mata, the mother of Sathi. She was a great devotee of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and she was affectionate like a mother
- She (Yasoda) was made to forget this situation because the Lord wanted to make a complete gesture of childishness before the affectionate Yasoda
- Spontaneous pure love is far superior to regulated devotional service. Such pure love of Godhead is always glorious in all respects, more so than reverential devotional service rendered by a less affectionate devotee
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami said: The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, who is extremely affectionate to His devotees, was very pleased by the prayers offered by Daksa, and thus He appeared at that holy place known as Aghamarsana
- Such pure love of Godhead (spontaneous pure love) is always glorious in all respects, more so than reverential devotional service rendered by a less affectionate devotee
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: Please hear from me with great attention how Prajapati Daksa, who was very affectionate to his daughters, created different types of living entities through his semen and through his mind
- The affectionate loving exchanges between Jagadananda Pandita and Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued in this manner, exactly like the exchanges between Satyabhama and Lord Krsna related in Srimad-Bhagavatam
- The children depend on the father's affection, and the father affectionately maintains the children. Similarly, because devotees do not know anything but the lotus feet of the Lord, the Lord is always prepared to give protection
- The demigods, however, did not want Kamsa to be affectionate toward Devaki, and therefore, from an unseen position, they encouraged Kamsa to offend her
- The dog is crying, is crying at night because he has lost that woman. Is it not? Just see, even in the dog, what to speak of human being. So this is material life, to be affectionate unnecessarily
- The embrace of the son is not exactly the embrace of husband and wife from the sexual point of view, but the embrace is satisfaction from the affectionate point of view
- The Lord is equally affectionate to all His parts and parcels, despite material gradation. He descends only to recall these materialistic living beings back to His kingdom, and intelligent persons take advantage of this facility
- The reason they (Yudhisthira, Nakula, Sahadeva, Lord Krsna and Arjuna) were silent was that Lord Balarama was somewhat affectionate toward Duryodhana, who had learned from Balaramaji the art of fighting with a club
- They (the cowherd men) were very unhappy, but when they came down and saw their children taking care of the calves, they all of a sudden became very affectionate toward the children. It was very astonishing
- This is the nature of woman. If a woman understands that her husband regards her as a favorite and is especially affectionate to her, she takes undue advantage
- Those who are devotees of the Supreme Personality of Godhead never fall down like the impersonalists. Even if the devotees fall down, they remain affectionately attached to their Lord
- Thus the Supreme Personality of Godhead Kapila, satisfied by the words of His mother, towards whom He was very affectionate, replied with gravity
- Transcendental relations between the Personality of Godhead and the living entities are eternally established in five different affectionate humors
- Vidura inquired: Why was Daksa, who was so affectionate towards his daughter, envious of Lord Siva, who is the best among the gentle? Why did he neglect his daughter Sati?
- Vidura was equally affectionate to both the camps of nephews in the sense that he always chastised Duryodhana for his intriguing policy against his cousins
- Vidura, as a saint and as the duty-bound affectionate youngest brother of Dhrtarastra, wanted to awaken Dhrtarastra from his slumber of disease and old age
- We therefore pray unto You, O Lord, for You are very affectionate to Your devotees. Please help us remember You and utter Your holy names, attributes and activities, which can dispel all the reactions of our sinful lives
- When a man kills an animal, God, the affectionate father, is perturbed and is pained at heart. Thus the slaughterer of the animal is suitably punished by the material energy, just as a murderer is punished by the government through police action
- When the Personality of Godhead is met, the fullness of affection becomes manifested because of the reality of the affectionate relationship
- When Vasudeva was addressing his divine sons in that way, Lord Krsna and Balarama were smiling. Because They are very affectionate to Their devotees, They accepted all the appreciation of Vasudeva with a kindly, smiling attitude
- Yamuna prayed, "My dear Lord (Balarama), please know that I am a soul surrendered unto You, who are very affectionate to Your devotees. Therefore please excuse my impudence and mistakes, and, by Your causeless mercy, may You now release me"
- Yes, our Society is depending on love and respect; we are bound by love. You have thought exactly like an affectionate mother. Every mother should think like you for the benefit of her son
- You should always pray to His Divine Grace because naturally He will be more affectionate to you than to me. Generally one is more affectionate to the grandchildren than to the children directly