Category:Affection for Krsna
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Affection for Krsna"
The following 181 pages are in this category, out of 181 total.
- Again let me offer my respectful obeisances unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead. O my Lord, I offer my obeisances hundreds and thousands of times with all affection because by Your personal pastimes You plunge the gopis into an ocean of nectar
- Again when people cried that Krsna, the son of Vasudeva, had come, both King Nanda and Mother Yasoda became overwhelmed with affection and expressed their great pleasure
- All of them (ladies) heard of Him and His great activities, and thus they thought of Him, talked of Him, His name, fame, etc., and became affectionate also, like those who were in direct contact
- All stepmothers were equally affectionate to Him (Krsna), as will be evident from the following verse
- All unalloyed devotees are sakti-tattvas, or potencies of the Lord. Some of them are situated in conjugal love and others in filial affection, fraternity and servitude
- Although Krsna was full of opulences, now, by the order of mother Yasoda, He opened wide His mouth like a human child and did not neglect the transcendental humor of maternal affection
- Although Krsna, who is full of all opulences, did not disturb His mother's parental affection, His opulence was automatically displayed, for Krsna's opulence is never lost at any stage, but is manifest at the proper time
- Although the cows and elder gopis of Vrndavana had greater affection for Krsna than for their own offspring, after this incident their affection for their offspring increased unlimitedly, exactly as it did for Krsna
- Although there are gulfs of differences between them, with the ecstasy of parental affection a mixture of laughter, compassion or dread is compatible
- An example of attachment for Krsna with overwhelming affection is given in the Srimad-Bhagavatam, Tenth Canto, 6th Chapter, 27th verse, where Sukadeva Gosvami addresses Maharaj Pariksit in this way
- Another devotee in ecstatic reverential affection once said, "When will that glorious day in my life come when it will be possible for me to go to the bank of the Yamuna and see Lord Sri Krsna playing there as a cowherd boy"
- Another one of the friends of Nanda Maharaja said, "My dear Nanda, we do not know why we are so attracted by your son Krsna. We want to forget Him, but this is impossible. Why are we so naturally affectionate toward Him"
- Any part of the world, anybody can secure and offer to Krsna. "Krsna, I have nothing to offer You, I am very poor. Please accept this." Krsna will accept. Krsna says, tad aham asnami, "I eat." So main thing is bhakti, affection, love
- As Krsna passed through the street, all the ladies and women regarded Him with eyes bright with great affection
- As such, in any condition of life, he remains satisfied simply by remembering the Lord's name in full affection and ecstatic love
- As they (Krsna and Satya) traveled fast to their new home, the King's (Nagnajit) heart was enlivened with affection for them
- As through devotion to the Lord one can attain His abode, many have attained that goal by abandoning their sinful activities and absorbing their minds in the Lord through lust, envy, fear or affection
- At that time there is an awakening of natural affection, such as is felt by a son who grows up and begins to appreciate his father's benedictions. At this stage the living entity wants to serve the Supreme Lord instead of serving maya, illusion
- Authorities like Sukadeva consider this stage of affection to be in the neutral stage
- Baladeva's affection for Krsna is illustrated in this statement to Subala: "My dear friend, please inform Krsna not to go to Kaliya's lake today. Today is His birthday, and so I wish to go along with Mother Yasoda to bathe Him"
- Balarama said, "Tell Him He should not leave the house today." This shows how Balarama, Krsna's elder brother, took care of Krsna with parental love, within the scope of fraternal affection
- Balarama suspected that they would attack Krsna, and thus out of great affection for His brother He took strong military divisions of chariots, infantry, horses and elephants and went to the precincts of Kundina
- Because of his great affection for Krsna, King Iksvaku became greatly attached to the black cloud, the black deer, the deer's black eyes and the lotus flower, which is always compared to the eyes of the Lord
- Because of their natural affection for Krsna, they (the inhabitants of Dvaraka) began to call Satrajit ill names, for he was the cause of Krsna's disappearance. They went to worship the goddess Candrabhaga, praying for the return of Krsna
- Bhagavatam is in relation with the Personality of Godhead, His beauty, fame, opulence, dignity, attraction and transcendental qualities which attract one towards Him for exchanges of love and affection
- Bhaktas can capture Krsna simply by love and affection. This is the example shown here by mother Yasoda
- Bharata Maharaja always carried affection for Krsna within his heart. Although Bharata Maharaja was the crown jewel of kings, he was still wandering about and begging alms in the city of his enemies. He was even offering respects to candalas
- Brahma said, "I think of how You are so kind, so magnanimous, that even Putana, who came to cheat You by dressing herself as a very affectionate mother, was awarded liberation and the actual post of a mother"
- Brahma said, "Your appearance as a small cowherd boy, a child of the cowherd men, is not at all a material activity. You are so much obliged by their affection that You are here to inspire them with more loving service by Your transcendental presence"
- By all of these activities, it is definitely understood that she (Yasoda) is the emblem of all maternal affection for Krsna
- By gradually developing his love of Godhead, he increases his affection, his emotion and his ecstasy. Such attachment, mahabhava, is the highest stage of devotional love. It may be likened to sugar candy, which is the most powerful form of sugar
- Dealings in affection with the Supreme Personality of Godhead bring happiness many millions of times greater than dealings with Him in awe and veneration
- Devaki and Rohini said, "This most affectionate care which you (Yasodadevi) have taken for Them (Krsna and Balarama) is completely befitting your elevated position"
- Devotee said, "Mother Yasoda became so overjoyed in her affection that immediately from the nipples of her waterpot-like breasts, milk began to flow"
- Devotees engaged in servitude are attached to Krsna in the affection of reverence. Some of the inhabitants of Gokula (Vrndavana as exhibited on earth) are attached to Krsna on this platform of affection in reverence
- Devotional service may be regulative or affectionate. One who has not developed transcendental affection for Krsna should conduct his life according to the directions and regulations of the scriptures and the spiritual master
- He (Balarama) was astonished to see all the residents of Vrndavana so affectionate to their own children, exactly as they had been to Krsna. Similarly, the cows had grown affectionate to the calves - as much as to Krsna
- He (Govinda) is always served with great reverence and affection by hundreds of thousands of Laksmis, or goddesses of fortune
- He (Krsna) was undoubtedly very kind to Kunti's brother Vasudeva and the family. Had He not become the son of Vasudeva and Devaki, Queen Kunti could not claim Him to be her nephew and thus address Krsna in parental affection
- He (Lord Krsna) does not require anyone's extraneous help for His personal satisfaction. Therefore, the queens could not satisfy the Lord by their feminine attractiveness, but they satisfied Him by their sincere affection and service
- He (Lord Krsna) is the husband of everyone, but to one who accepts Him as such, He reciprocates. This unalloyed affection for the Lord is never to be compared to mundane lust. It is purely transcendental
- He (Madhumangala) jokingly said, "My dear Lord, please be merciful upon me. I am praying for Your mercy." This is an example of uparasa in fraternal affection and neutrality
- He (Yudhisthira) had not seen the Lord for many days, and therefore he thought himself most fortunate to see the Lord present before him. The King therefore embraced Lord Krsna again and again in great affection
- He is always served with great reverence and affection by hundreds and thousands of goddesses of fortune
- He is the original person. He has no father. But He accepts His devotee as His father. He accepts His devotee as mother. He is full in Himself, but still, He awaits the affection of father and mother. This is the beauty of Krsna
- Her (Kubja's) loving affection for Krsna is called kama-praya, or almost like the gopis' love for Krsna
- His most intimate friends Sridama, Subala and Stoka Krsna addressed Krsna and Balarama with great love and affection thus: "Balarama, You are very powerful; Your arms are very strong. Krsna, You are very expert in killing all kinds of disturbing demons"
- If one engages in spontaneous loving service to the Lord, his affection for the lotus feet of Krsna gradually increases
- In any case this affection is relished by the devotees in different transcendental tastes, and therefore the general name for this state is affection, or pure affection for Krsna
- In conclusion, it may be stated that the ecstatic love for Krsna in ghastliness appears during the development of dormant neutrality into developed affection
- In general, love of Godhead is devoid of the intimacy of ownership. In the case of love in servitude, there is a want of confidence. There is a want of increased affection in the fraternal relationship
- In literature such as Nama-kaumudi this state of existence is accepted as continual affection for or attraction to Krsna
- In other words, those who are already promoted to the Vaikuntha planets and possess the four kinds of liberation may also sometimes develop affection for Krsna and become promoted to Krsna-loka
- In the Narada-pancaratra it is said that if on account of profound veneration for the greatness of the Supreme Lord, one attains a great affection and steady love for Him, one is certainly assured of attaining the four kinds of Vaisnava liberation
- In the Padma Purana there is a statement about ecstatic love born of spontaneous affection. Candrakanti, a celebrated fair-faced girl, rigidly observed celibacy in order to obtain Krsna as her husband
- In the seed of affection, there is attachment which goes by two names, rati and bhava. The Supreme Personality of Godhead comes under the control of such attachment
- In this instance there is a mixture of laughter and compassion, but there is no incompatibility because by both of these rasas the loving affection for Krsna is increased
- It is to be understood that any person who is constantly engaged in chanting the holy names of the Lord, Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare, has attained a transcendental affection for Krsna
- King Yudhisthira was the elder cousin of Krsna. Naturally he had great affection for the Lord, and as soon as he saw Him, his heart became filled with great love and affection
- Krsna and Balarama continued, "Your affectionate love for Us was more than anyone can offer one's own children. You are actually Our father and mother, because you raised Us as your own children when We were just like orphans"
- Krsna and Balarama said, "Dear father and mother, although We were born of Vasudeva and Devaki, you have been Our real father and mother, because from Our very birth and childhood you raised Us with great affection and love"
- Krsna and Balarama were immediately received by Their affectionate mothers, Yasoda and Rohini, who, according to the time's demands, began to fulfill the desires of their affectionate sons
- Krsna attracts even the mind of the goddess of fortune. He attracts, in special cases, the minds of young girls. He attracts the minds of the elderly ladies by paternal affection. He attracts the mind of the male in the humors of servitude & friendship
- Krsna consciousness movement means to bring back everyone to his original consciousness, affection, love between the child and the father
- Krsna expanded as everything; therefore their affection increased. Now this chapter is ended after describing how their affection was overflowed on account of Krsna's expansions
- Krsna is always neat, clean and opulent and does not need to be washed, bathed or dressed, yet mother Yasoda, because of affection, considered Him her ordinary child and did her duties to keep her son brilliant
- Krsna is not in need of anything from anyone, because He is self-sufficient, and yet He accepts the offering of His devotee in an exchange of love and affection
- Krsna is the center of all affection for all living creatures. When this affection is developed for Krsna, one surpasses and transcends all Vedic injunctions
- Krsna presented Himself as an innocent child to increase the transcendental ecstasy of maternal affection. As described in the sastra, tadana-bhayan mithyoktir vatsalya-rasa-posika. This means that sometimes a small child speaks lies
- Krsna responds to the proportion of the devotee's affection for Him
- Krsna said, "Any living entity who develops such unalloyed devotional affection for Me certainly at the end goes back home, back to Godhead"
- Krsna said, "Fortunately, you (gopis) have developed loving affection for Me, which is the only way to achieve the transcendental position of association with Me"
- Krsna said, "I can also understand that you (the gopis) have very great affection for Me, and out of that transcendental affection you have come here, hearing My playing on the flute"
- Krsna said, "So this affection for Me is very welcome, and I congratulate you for this. Now you can go back to your homes"
- Krsna said, "unalloyed devotional service and affection for Me are the cause of supreme liberation"
- Krsna said, "Your (the gopis) feelings of love and affection for Me are very appropriate because I am the Supreme Personality of Godhead. All living creatures are My parts and parcels, and naturally they are affectionate to Me"
- Krsna says, "My devotee, with affection," yo me bhaktya prayacchati. Krsna is not hungry. Krsna has not come to you for accepting your offering because He is hungry. No. He is not hungry. He is self-complete
- Krsna says, patram puspam phalam toyam yo me bhaktya prayacchati: "Anyone who offers Me with love and affection vegetables, grains, milk, I eat." So if there is any sin for eating vegetables, that is Krsna's sin, not our sin. We take the prasadam
- Krsna's well-wisher friends are a little bit older than Krsna, and they have some parental affection for Him. Because of their being older than Krsna they always try to protect Him from any harm
- List of personalities who enjoy parental affection toward Krsna 1) Mother Yasoda, the Queen of Braja, 2) Maharaj Nanda, the King of Braja, 3) Mother Rohini, the mother of Balarama, 4) all the elderly gopis whose sons were taken away by Lord Brahma
- List of personalities who enjoy parental affection toward Krsna 5) Devaki, the wife of Vasudeva, 6) the other fifteen wives of Vasudeva, 7) Kunti, the mother of Arjuna, 8) Vasudeva, the real father of Krsna, and 9) Sandipani Muni, Krsna's teacher
- Lord Krsna finally admitted His defeat before the transcendental affection of the gopis and declared that He was unable to repay them for their unalloyed affection
- Lord Krsna thought: "Devotional service rendered to Me by the living beings revives their eternal life. O My dear damsels of Vraja, your affection for Me is your good fortune, for it is the only means by which you have obtained My favor"
- Lord Krsna's friends in Vrndavana, headed by Sridama, have pure fraternal affection for Lord Krsna and have no idea of His opulences
- Love of Godhead increases and is manifested as affection, counterlove, love, attachment, subattachment, ecstasy and sublime ecstasy
- Maharaja Pariksit, due to his natural affection for Lord Krsna as a devotee of the Lord, was always executing his royal duties on behalf of the Lord
- Maharaja Yudhisthira, although no one's enemy, engaged four divisions of defense (horse, elephant, chariot and army) to accompany Lord Krsna, the enemy of the asuras. The Maharaja did this because of the enemy, and also out of affection for the Lord
- Mother Yasoda then embraced Krsna, allowed Him to sit down on her lap, and began to look upon the face of the Lord with great love and affection
- Mother Yasoda was so affectionate toward her son that as soon as she came out to call Him back home, her breasts filled up with milk. She loudly cried, "My dear child, please come back home. Your time for lunch is already past"
- Mother Yasoda, by the grace of the Lord, could understand the real truth. But then again, the supreme master, by the influence of the internal potency, yogamaya, inspired her to become absorbed in intense maternal affection for her son
- Mother Yasoda, mother Rohini, Nanda and Balarama, who is the strongest of the strong, embraced Krsna one after another and, from spontaneous feelings of affection, blessed Him over and over again
- O Nalakuvara and Manigriva, now you may both return home. Since you desire to be always absorbed in My (Krsna's) devotional service, your desire to develop love and affection for Me will be fulfilled, and now you will never fall from that platform
- On account of excessive parental affection for Balarama and Krsna, Nanda Maharaja felt tears in his eyes, and he embraced Them and started with the cowherd men for Vrndavana
- Only in this suddha-sattva state can one always see Krsna eye to eye by dint of pure affection for the Lord
- Only when one fully develops in affection and love of Godhead can one see those dhamas in their original appearance
- Out of a loving desire to see the Lord, the royal ladies of the Kurus got up on top of the palace, and smiling with affection and shyness, they showered flowers upon the Lord
- Out of her affection for Krsna, she began to smell His head repeatedly
- Out of profound affection for Lord Krsna, the Pandavas, who were of the Kuru dynasty, accompanied Him a considerable distance to see Him off
- Out of their great affection for Krsna, and being unaware of the extent of His potencies, they (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) became overwhelmed with grief and anxiety because they had nothing dearer than Krsna
- Seeing the incredible way in which Krsna was enveloped in the coils of the serpent, the affectionate cowherd boys and other inhabitants of Vrndavana immediately became stunned out of fear
- Service to Lord Krsna can be rendered in two ways. One can serve the Lord in affection or in veneration
- Servitude, friendship, parental affection and conjugal love for the Supreme Personality of Godhead are the basis of the four kinds of devotional activities
- She (mother Yasoda) took Him (Krsna) on her lap and became overwhelmed with maternal affection
- She (Yasoda) was made to forget this situation because the Lord wanted to make a complete gesture of childishness before the affectionate Yasoda
- She then covers Her breasts with another garment, composed of affection and anger toward Krsna
- Similarly, the transcendental mellow of Ugrasena, Krsna's grandfather, is mixed with servitude and parental affection. The affection of all the elderly gopis in Vrndavana is a mixture of parental love, servitude and fraternity
- Some of the liberated persons who have achieved these four stages of liberation may also develop affection for Krsna and be promoted to the Goloka Vrndavana planet in the spiritual sky
- Sometimes a confidential friend would come before Krsna and embrace Him with great affection
- Sometimes, by thinking of Krsna, they became so confident of being out of all danger that they would lie down at night in the courtyards of their houses. This is an instance of dizziness in ecstatic love due to natural affection for Krsna
- Srila Rupa Gosvami states herein that according to some learned scholars, the three kinds of transcendental mellow so far described - namely, servitude, fraternity and parental affection - are sometimes mixed up
- Sukadeva Gosvami gives Maharaj Pariksit a description of the form and beauty of Mother Yasoda, "My dear King, the wide hips of Mother Yasoda were surrounded by silk and linen clothes, and her breasts were flowing with milk because of her affection"
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "Being greatly afflicted by affection for the transcendental Lord, fell down upon His lotus feet to offer respectful obeisances"
- Supreme affection for Me is called love of Godhead, and that is the ultimate goal of life. Let Me explain by a practical example the natural characteristics of such love
- Taking this opportunity, Devaprastha, out of his strong affection for Krsna, immediately began to massage His legs. Such are the activities of Krsna's friends out on the pasturing grounds
- The affection of all the elderly gopis in Vrndavana is a mixture of parental love, servitude and fraternity. The affection of the sons of Madri - Nakula and Sahadeva - as well as the affection of the sage Narada, is a mixture of friendship and servitude
- The conclusion is that if one somehow or other becomes attached to Krsna or attracted to Him, either because of His qualities of beauty, opulence, fame, strength, renunciation or knowledge, through affection or friendship
- The cows, being fed by new grasses, became very healthy, and their milk bags were all very full. When Lord Krsna called them by name, they immediately came to Him out of affection, and in their joyful condition the milk flowed from their bags
- The doubts of Nanda Maharaja were certainly based on affection for Krsna. Actually there was no danger from the activities of Putana, despite her powers
- The elder gopis of Vrndavana were so absorbed in affection for Krsna that they wanted to save Him, although there was no need to, for He had already protected Himself. They could not understand Krsna was the Supreme Personality of God playing as a child
- The following nine symptoms manifest in one's behavior, a taste for chanting the holy name of the Lord, attachment to descriptions of the transcendental qualities of the Lord, and affection for those places where the Lord resides
- The gopis by their lusty desires, Kamsa by fear, Sisupala by envy, the Yadus by their familial relationship with Krsna, you Pandavas by your great affection for Krsna, and we the general devotees, by devotional service, have obtained the mercy of Krsna
- The gopis said, "We must, therefore, understand that this particular gopi served Krsna with greater affectionate love than ourselves. Because of this, although He has left us, He could not leave Her company"
- The gopis, being naturally very affectionate to Krsna, began to offer Him yogurt mixed with their tears, and they poured incessant blessings upon Him
- The gopis, who are beyond compare in their affection for Krsna, were seen to worship Durga. The worshipers of demigods sometimes mention that the gopis worshiped goddess Durga, but we must understand the purpose of the gopis
- The highest form of transcendental worship of the Lord was exhibited by the damsels of Vrajabhumi in the form of pure affection for the Lord, and Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu recommends this process as the most excellent mode of worship
- The jivatma, the living entity, is eternally servitor of Krsna, and one should understand the nature of his master so that his service attitude, his affection, may be more intimate
- The King (Yudhisthira) was naturally affectionate toward Krsna, but after hearing the story he became even more bound to Him in love; tears of ecstasy glided from his eyes, and he was so stunned that he was almost unable to speak
- The members of the Yadu dynasty, all of whom had great affection for Krsna, prepared to attack the city of Sonitapura
- The mothers immediately took Krsna upon their laps, and because of their parental affection, there was milk flowing out of their breasts
- The mothers of the boys heard the vibration of their flutes before their entrance, and to receive them, they came out of their homes and embraced them. Out of maternal affection, milk was flowing from their breasts
- The mothers, after embracing their son (Krsna), sat Him on their laps. Due to pure affection, milk sprang from their breasts. They were overwhelmed with delight, and the tears from their eyes wetted the Lord
- The parental love of Mother Yasoda for Krsna steadily increases, and her love and ecstasy are sometimes described as intense affection and sometimes as overwhelming attachment
- The residents of Vrndavana and Mathura are devotees of Krsna in parental affection, and their feelings always conflict with the opinions of smarta-brahmanas
- The Supreme Lord also accepts the loving service of His devotees more relishably when the service is rendered spontaneously out of pure affection, without anything of reverential admiration
- The symptom of ecstatic affection with reverence felt by Bali Maharaja was expressed as follows: "My dear Lord, You have simultaneously punished me and showed me Your causeless mercy
- The transcendental mellow of affection has been accepted by authorities like Sridhara Svami as a perfectional stage of devotion
- The wide hips of mother Yasoda were surrounded by silk and linen clothes, and her breasts were flowing with milk because of her affection
- There is a passage in the Hari-vamsa wherein Satyabhama begins to shed tears because of her great affection for Krsna
- There is a similar statement in the Lalita-madhava, "How wonderful it is that Yasoda, the wife of King Nanda, out of her parental fection for Krsna, mixed her tears and the milk from her breasts and thus bathed her dear son Krsna"
- There is an example of a mixture of conjugal love and fraternal affection when Srimati Radharani said, My dear friends, just see how Krsna is resting His hand on the shoulder of Subala, who is dressed up just like a young girl
- There is the following description of Mother Yasoda's affection for Krsna: After rising early in the morning, Mother Yasoda first of all offered her breast milk to Krsna, and then she began to chant various mantras for His protection
- There were hundreds of ladies in the palace of Hastinapura. All of them were affectionate to Krsna. All of them were relatives also
- These are some of the signs of parental love for Krsna by His mother, father and elderly persons. Symptoms of ecstatic love in parental affection are expressed when Krsna is accepted as the son
- These relations of the cows & gopis with their calves & boys remained unchanged, although actually the original calves & boys were not there. Actually the cows' affection for their calves & the elder gopis' affection for the boys causelessly increased
- They (the cowherd men) began to show paternal love for the children, and with great affection they lifted them in their arms and embraced them. They began to smell their children’s heads and enjoy their company with great happiness
- They (the gopis) were simply thinking of the pastimes of Krsna in great love and affection. Being absorbed in thought of Him, they experienced loss of memory, and with dampened eyes they began to see the very pastimes of Krsna
- They (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) were very fond of Krsna, and as soon as they heard that the demon Putana had been killed by Krsna, they offered blessings to the little child out of affection
- They (Vasudeva and Devaki) were amazed and could not speak or answer the words of Krsna but simply embraced Him and Balarama in great affection and remained silent, shedding incessant tears
- They enjoyed celestial happiness, with open hearts full of love and affection for the Lord, and when they saw the face of the Lord, it seemed to them that they were drinking nectar through their eyes
- Whatever affection we see the gopis show for their own bodies, know it for certain to be only for the sake of Lord Krsna
- When affection for Krsna becomes deeper, one attains love of Godhead in devotional service. Such a position is called sthayi-bhava, permanent enjoyment of the mellows of devotional service to Krsna
- When affection is symptomized by direct happiness and distress, it is called attraction. In such an attracted state of ecstatic love, one can face all kinds of disadvantages calmly
- When all the wives of Vasudeva were present in the arena of Kamsa, they saw the most pleasing bodily features of Krsna, and immediately, out of parental affection, milk began to flow from their breasts, and the lower parts of their saris became wet
- When Lord Krsna was at Vrndavana even the cows would become moistened by affection towards Him, and He would draw milk from the nipples of every affectionate living being, so what to speak of the stepmothers who were already as good as His own mother
- When Lord Ramacandra was residing in Dandakaranya, the sages who were engaged in devotional service there became attracted by His beauty and immediately thought of the gopis at Vrndavana, who enjoyed conjugal loving affection with Krsna
- When one attains the third stage of transcendental love of God, there occur further developments known as transcendental affection, emotion, ecstasy, and extreme and intense attachment. These are technically known by the terms raga, anuraga
- When one is situated in this confidential friendly relationship with Krsna, one shows symptoms of love such as attraction, affection, affinity and attachment
- When Putana was taking Krsna on her lap, both Yasoda & Rohini were present, but because she was beautifully dressed & showed motherly affection toward Krsna, they did not forbid her. They could not understand that she was a sword within a decorated case
- When service is rendered in affection, it is the Lord’s special mercy. When service is rendered in veneration, it is doubtful whether Krsna’s mercy is actually involved
- When such a feeling of love becomes intensified, it is called affection. In that affectional stage, one cannot bear separation from Krsna even for a moment
- When the gopis and cowherd men all heard the story (of Bakasura) from the boys, they felt great happiness because naturally they loved Krsna, and by hearing about His glories and victorious activities they became still more affectionate toward Him
- When the gopis saw the demon (Trnavarta) killed and child Krsna very happily playing on his body, they immediately picked Krsna up with great affection. The cowherd men and women became very happy to get back their beloved child Krsna
- When the Personality of Godhead is met, the fullness of affection becomes manifested because of the reality of the affectionate relationship
- When there is full knowledge of Krsna's superiority and yet in dealings with Him on friendly terms respectfulness is completely absent, that stage is called affection
- When Uddhava saw Maharaja Nanda and Yasoda so extraordinarily overwhelmed with thoughts of Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and when he experienced their extraordinary affection for Him, he also became overwhelmed
- Whether for the satisfaction of material desires, because of the influence of envy, because of fear, because of affection or because of any other reason, if one comes to Krsna, his life is successful
- While mother Yasoda was thinking in this high philosophical way, Lord Krsna again expanded His internal energy just to bewilder her with maternal affection. Immediately mother Yasoda forgot all philosophical speculation & accepted Krsna as her own child
- While thus praying to the Lord for rescue, mother Devaki nonetheless expressed her motherly affection
- With great difficulty he checked the tears of grief that smeared his eyes. He was very distressed because Lord Krsna was out of his sight, and he increasingly felt affection for Him
- Within that forest they (the wives of the brahmanas) saw Krsna and Balarama engaged in tending the cows along with Their very affectionate boyfriends
- Without disturbing the ecstasy of His mother's affection, Krsna opened His mouth and displayed His own natural opulences
- Yasoda once was nursing her child Krsna & patting Him with great affection, there streamed a profuse supply of milk from her breast, & when she opened the mouth of the child with her fingers, she suddenly saw the universal manifestation within His mouth
- Yasoda's friend said, "As you are standing just between the two rivers, I think there is no need for your anxiety to see your son's face. Your parental affection has already been exhibited to Him by these two rivers"