Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
acquirement | acquisition | acquisitions
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
- ► Acquistions of a Devotee of God (1 P)
Pages in category "Acquisition"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total.
- All acquisition of knowledge in science, philosophy, fine arts, nationalism, economic development, religion and great activities are being spoiled by being used as dresses for dead men
- Although the devotees of Lord Siva are able to obtain many material acquisitions, we should know that such devotees are simply collecting products manufactured by the three qualities
- Anything that is material or mundane - be it acquisition of knowledge or of wealth - is vanquished along with the annihilation of the material body
- I wish to have a report of the situation with the land acquisition in Mayapur
- In this regard, Srila Sridhara Svami has composed a verse which conveys the idea that the supreme source of everything, the S P of God, is so great & unlimited that it is not possible for the living entity to understand Him by any material acquisition
- Krsna replied, "All material bodies are subject to these six conditions (growth, maintenance, expansion, deterioration and, finally, disappearance) & any relative acquisitions accumulated by this body are definitely subject to final destruction"
- Kuntidevi, while offering prayers to Krsna, addressed Him as akincana-gocara, one who is easily approached by those who are bereft of all material acquisitions
- Mahad-gunah means the material acquisition, material education, material wealth, or so many material qualification. That will not help me to control my mind
- Materialistic-minded men, who have no information of the kingdom of God, are always mad after material acquisition of wealth, fame and adoration
- Materialists like Ravana, Hiranyakasipu, Kamsa, Jarasandha and Sisupala, were highly qualified personalities by acquisition of material assets, but they were unable to appreciate the presence of the Lord
- Sages said, "Self-controlled person, in householder life, should give up the three kinds of material desires, namely the desire for the acquisition of material opulences, for the enjoyment of wife and children, and for elevation to higher planets"
- Success in yoga is not acquisition of mystic power, which is condemned in the previous chapter, but, rather, freedom from all material designations and situation in one's constitutional position. That is the ultimate achievement in yoga practice
- The corner land of the parikrama road may be applied for acquisition. We shall use it for agricultural purposes. Sometime back they approached us for acquiring that land. Now you can seriously do this
- The eleventh attendant, who is the commander of the others, is known as the mind. He is the leader of the senses both in the acquisition of knowledge and in the performance of work
- The gross activities of the mind are expressed through the external senses, either for the acquisition of knowledge or for the functioning of the senses in accordance with the will
- The surrendered soul must accept the fact that his real protector is Krsna, not his material acquisitions
- They are without material possessions, and they perform welfare work for everyone. They are peaceful, surrendered to Krsna and desireless. They are indifferent to material acquisitions and are fixed in devotional service
- This siddhi is called prapti, or acquisition. With this prapti-siddhi, the perfect mystic yogi can not only touch the moon planet, but he can extend his hand anywhere and take whatever he likes
- Those who are very passionate can improve in material acquisition very quickly. It is recommended in the Vedic scriptures that if one wants to encourage a person in acquiring material possessions, one should also encourage him in sex life
- Vasudeva said, "The senses, the controllers of the senses (the demigods) and the acquisition of knowledge, which is the purpose of the senses, as well as the subject matter of knowledge - all are You (Krsna and Balarama)"
- Voluntary endeavor is the only qualification for spiritual perfection. Material acquisitions of wealth or education are not considered