Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
- Vedaase query: able not "able to"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Unable (5 C, 240 P)
Pages in category "Able"
The following 65 pages are in this category, out of 65 total.
- A devotee must know the importance of simultaneously understanding Vedanta philosophy and chanting the holy names. If by studying Vedanta one becomes an impersonalist, he has not been able to understand Vedanta
- A saintly person thinks like this, "When shall I be able to live alone in the caves of the mountains? When shall I be dressed simply with undergarments? When shall I be satisfied by eating simply a little fruit and vegetables?'
- After losing each of his sons, the brahmana would come to the gate of the palace and accuse the King of not being able to give the brahmanas protection and of thus being unfit to sit on the royal throne
- After planning how to get the she-goat out of the well, the lusty he-goat dug up the earth on the well's edge with the point of his horns in such a way that she was able to come out very easily
- After returning from the spiritual kingdom, which he was able to visit personally with Krsna, Arjuna was very much astonished
- After the birth ceremony, Nanda Maharaja decided to go to Mathura to pay the annual tax to the government of Kamsa. Before leaving, he called for the able cowherd men of the village and asked them to take care of Vrndavana in his absence
- Although the devotees of Lord Siva are able to obtain many material acquisitions, we should know that such devotees are simply collecting products manufactured by the three qualities
- An example of sthayi was exhibited when Arjuna told Akrura, "My dear son of Gandini, please ask Krsna when I shall be able to embrace Him in my arms"
- As you begin to understand the philosophy then you will be able to present our movement so that many people may become attracted to this authorized process for developing our dormant love of God
- Be patient and return home. Don't be a crazy fellow. By and by you will be able to cross the ocean of material existence
- Bhadra said, "I do not know whether I shall be able to have the shelter of Lord Krsna life after life, but still I pray to the Lord that wherever I may take my birth I may not forget my relationship with His lotus feet"
- Big, big advertising, "United Nations." All nations, you... Because all the cats and dogs united. What they can do? If the all the world's cats and dogs meet together to make a formula, will they be able?
- By the grace of Lord Krsna, Arjuna had the unique experience of being able to see the very beautiful Karana Ocean. Accompanied by Krsna, Arjuna saw a large palace within the water
- I thought that today I would be able to finish my performance of yajna, my chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra. I tried my best to chant the holy name all night, but I still did not finish
- If someone is able, by chance, to see face to face a great saintly person like Narada, who is always serene and merciful to everyone, then immediately that conditioned soul becomes liberated
- If that is so, the next question is this: Why would Maha-Visnu come to Dvaraka personally if He were not able to see Krsna? Why did He not send some of His associates to take away the sons of the brahmana?
- If we do something which is punishable, I may avoid the state law, but I cannot avoid God's law. That is not possible
- In pursuance of this eternal truth, Srimad-Bhagavatam was heard by Emperor Pariksit, and it was recited by the able Sukadeva Gosvami
- In the human form of life, one can conquer the enemy, lust, by cultivation of Krsna consciousness under able guidance
- In the meantime, you should practice your painting as you are able, because the picture which you sent me in Boston could still require some more improvement before it is perfect. So practice and this will enhance your talents
- It is best for you to go to the shelter of My mother's lotus feet, for no one will be able to behave independently in front of you
- It is said that the human form is a great boon because it is the most suitable boat for crossing over the nescience ocean. The spiritual master is considered to be the most able captain in that boat
- It will be nice if Shakti Mata can take care of the girls in the Temple. She is a very able woman
- Laksmana said, "Heroes like Jarasandha, Ambastha, Sisupala, Bhimasena, Duryodhana and Karna were, of course, able to string the bow, but they could not pierce the fish, because it was covered, and they could not trace it out from the reflection"
- Laksmana said, "The celebrated hero of the Pandavas, Arjuna, was able to see the reflection of the fish on the water, but although with great care he traced out the location of the fish and shot an arrow, he did not pierce the fish in the right spot"
- Lord Balarama, being able to understand the destiny awaiting them (Bhimasena and Duryodhana), was not eager to go further in the matter. Therefore, instead of staying, He decided to return to the city of Dvaraka
- Lord Krsna was fully satisfied that Uddhava was able to solace them (condition of His father and mother and of the gopis and the cowherd boys) by his instructions and by the message delivered to them
- Lord Visnu is the beneficiary of the results of all sacrificial performances. Great personalities and sages who are able to see everything
- One great sage once inquired from another, "My dear friend, do you think that after I perfect the eightfold yoga performance I shall be able to see the eternal form of the Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- One who is not able even to practice the regulative principles of bhakti-yoga, under the guidance of a spiritual master, can still be drawn to this perfectional stage by working for the Supreme Lord
- Our aim of starting a centre in India is to attract Indian youngsters by American devotees. Combined together we shall be able to make a wide circulation of the Krishna Consciousness movement
- Raghunatha dasa thought, "How shall I be able to get free from the hands of the watchmen? How shall I be able to go with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to Nilacala"
- Regarding Festival in Calcutta, I shall attend. Even though I go to Moscow by the 1st May 1971 for a fortnight only, still I shall be able to come back by the 14th of May 1971 and attend your festival in due course
- Regarding your request for some books, the best thing will be if you ask some able person to buy them for you. Or you may ask for the fare to come to Madras and live with the devotees of our Movement
- Saranagati, surrender. Surrender means that "I am surrendering to Krsna with full faith that He is quite competent and able to give me protection." This is called surrender
- Since I can understand Krsna according to these two meanings," Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "what point is there in changing the verse?" Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya replied, "I was not able to give that reading to the verse"
- Sometimes Sridama used to address Krsna, "Oh, You are so cruel that You left us alone on the bank of Yamuna, and we were all mad from not seeing You there! Now it is our great fortune that we are able to see You here"
- Speculative knowledge alone, without devotional service, is not able to give liberation. On the other hand, even without knowledge one can obtain liberation if one engages in the Lord's devotional service
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu also asked them to execute the congregational chanting of the holy name of the Lord at their homes, and He assured them that they would be able to meet Him again
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu thought, "Since I shall not at any time climb Govardhana Hill, how shall I be able to see Gopala Raya"
- Srila Jiva Gosvami Prabhu has quoted many passages from authentic scriptures and has ably supported the statements in the matter of offenses at the feet of the holy name
- Sukadeva Gosvami addressed King Pariksit thus, "My dear King, Lord Brahma, Lord Visnu and Lord Siva, the principal trio of the material creation, are able to bless or curse anyone"
- Tell them, this United Nation Organization, that "You are all bogus. You cannot do it. Come to this platform, and you'll be able." They have proved themselves bogus for the last twenty-five years, I think. Thirty years. Uselessly. Wasting money and time
- The author requests every reader to hear these talks with faith and without argument. By studying them in this way, one will be able to understand the confidential truth of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The exact word used in this connection is brahma-vidam, which means those who know the Supreme very well. An expert brahmana is able to give reformatory facilities to the subcastes - the ksatriyas and vaisyas. Sudras observe no reformatory performances
- The friend continued: "Don't advertise Yourself (Krsna) to be a great fighter by such action. You have advertised Yourself as a serpent, and I am the peacock who will now defeat You." The peacock is the ablest enemy of the serpent
- The general and popular notion is that by discharging fruitive work in terms of the direction of the scriptures one becomes perfectly able to acquire transcendental knowledge for spiritual realization
- The gopis were envious of the deer because the deer were able to offer their service to Krsna along with their husbands. The gopis thought themselves not so fortunate because whenever they wanted to go to Krsna, their husbands were not very happy
- The Lord is very kind to His devotees, and He is very grateful, able and magnanimous. It is our duty to believe His words, and if we are intelligent and educated enough, we will follow His instructions without hesitation
- The preaching work of Krishna Consciousness Movement is specifically meant for delivering the demons. Therefore, if you remain faithful to the Lord, you shall be able to deliver many such demons
- The Vaikuntha mentality is that if one is serving - I have read it in Bhagavata - Krsna better than somebody else, he would simply appreciate that "Krsna has so much favored him. Oh, how fortunate he is. When I shall be able?" That is Vaikuntha mentality
- Those who perform severe austerities and penances, those who give away all their possessions out of charity, those who are very famous for their auspicious activity are not able to obtain any auspicious results
- To have faith, this is called surrender. Not that, "Oh, Krsna says, but may not be able to protect me." No. Krsna is able. He is all-powerful, omnipotent. He can give you protection
- We are not orphans. We are taken care of by our rich father, very wise father, very rich father, able father. We are not forlorn orphans. We have got respectability. And we offer our respect to father. We depend on father. We are safe
- We are trying to give them solid personification of the Absolute Truth. Here also, India, they are spoiled by these Mayavadi. Now it is in your able hands. You are resourceful, intelligent. Spread this Vaisnava philosophy and challenge this Mayavada
- When I go to Jagannatha Puri, I shall not be able to see Lord Jagannatha, nor shall I always be able to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- When one is fully qualified yet is humble and gentle, and when one is able to keep his balance both in sorrow and in the ecstasy of joy, he has the opulence called patience (ksama)
- When we get Bangladesh visas and actually begin our preaching work there, then we shall be able to advertise and collect
- Women should, should be allowed to beget children as soon as they're able. But as soon as the pregnancy is there, there should not be any sex life. They have got sex life in pregnancy also. So many things, we have... We can guide them all