Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:1969 Pages Needing Audio
All these pages are from lectures that are not yet released by the Bhaktivedanta Archives, as soon as th Bhaktivedanta Archives releases them we will place them into Vaniquotes.
- Pages listed under '0' are 'one quote pages' being processed.
- Pages listed under 'A-Z' are 'one quote pages' that are yet to be processed.
- Multi-quote pages are listed under '1-9' indicating for each, how many audio file are missing.
- Pages grouped under symbols mean there is more than one page with the exact audio and are yet to be processed.
Pages in category "1969 Pages Needing Audio"
The following 225 pages are in this category, out of 225 total.
- Krsna is joyful. He is not engaged in some industrial work or in some heavy machine making. He is simply playing on His flute
- We are instructing in the class because there are few disciples who have taken vow to learn from me. Otherwise, I have no business to teach the public. The public may come. But actual interest is to teach my disciples
- We are trying to form character and God consciousness, Krsna consciousness. So therefore it is not that this society is opened for exploiting others. This society is for giving good association to the misguided people
- When you are actually in service spirit, then He reveals. That is God-realization
- When you employ your senses in the service of the proprietor of the senses, that is called bhakti. That is called bhakti. So that is real yoga, bhakti-yoga. Otherwise artificially if you try, one or two may be successful but mostly they will fail
- A devotee, a mahatma, is good heart. How he is good heart? He sees everyone that "This living entity," especially human being, "he is engrossed in the clutches of maya. He is suffering. Let me try to make him understand Krsna consciousness"
- A householder mahatma has only one aim: how to attain the perfectional stage of love of God
- A peon's duty is that he must sincerely carry out the order of the postmaster and deliver the letter to the proper person. That is their duty. Similarly, this parampara system is like that. Every one of us should become a spiritual master
- A person does not have illicit sex. That does not mean he has no sexual capacity. He has full sexual capacity, but he does not want to do it unless it is required for certain purpose
- A sannyasi may live alone in forest or in Himalaya or in a secluded place in Vrndavana or somewhere, but a grhastha, he has to deal with ordinary persons, so many others, businessmen or ordinary people
- A spiritual master must have seen Krsna. Without seeing, he cannot be spiritual master. But how Krsna can be seen? Krsna can be seen by love
- About Lord Caitanya's civil disobedience. That is with the Kazi? His civil disobedience?
- According to Caitanya, Visnu is an expansion of Krsna?
- Actually I did not follow him (my Guru Maharaja) in the beginning. High philosophical speaking and I was a new boy. I could not follow him, but actually I was so much glad to hear him. That's all
- Actually, human life should be very easy, very easy. No hard work. Living very simple life and eating very healthy food, living in open space, no quarrel, no antagonism, everyone is happy, everyone is free. That is human civilization
- All the acaryas, they are not different from one another. Because they are coming in the disciplic succession from the original spiritual master and they have no different views, therefore, although they are many, they are one
- All the women, when Lord Caitanya was a baby, how did they feel about Him?
- All this eulogization about me, people, outsider, may think that "This man is being flattered and he is hearing his own eulogization." But that is not the fact. It is the test, how they are receiving the message sincerely
- American body, the nicest body, very beautiful body, very rich body. Don't misuse, please. Utilize it. Develop Krsna consciousness and be happy. That is our propaganda. We are not asking anything that "Give me some fees"
- Any transcendental message, any Vedic literature, unless it is presented by a self-realized devotee, it is poison. You simply misunderstand the whole thing, and you do not get the benefit. Rather, you become a victim of misunderstanding
- Anyone who thinks like that, that "Because I have got this disinfectant method, so I shall commit sinful activities and I'll chant Hare Krsna, and it will be neutralized," so that is the greatest sin
- Are there any other, any other nice incidences between this time and when Lord Caitanya got married?
- As far as possible, very cautiously and very rarely we shall present. Caitanya Mahaprabhu's life we see that in public He never discussed about Krsna's lila with the gopis. That was very confidential discussion amongst His own circle
- As we have to change our old dress, similarly, this body has to be changed. And we are changing. Changing every moment. That is a fact. This boy will grow also some day like you, like me. This body will not stay
- At least sixteen men, four mrdangas. Practice mrdanga like that. And twelve cymbals, and one chanting and all others responding. Oh, it will be tremendous. Take some flags, "ISKCON, Hare Krsna" flag, red flag. You see? And conchshell, mrdanga
- Because I do not remember what I did in my mother's womb, that does not mean that I had no a little body. The body is change, I am there. Therefore, I change this body I will remain. This is common sense business. I am changing my body daily every moment
- Because I have come to preaching work, so let me finish whatever little work is still remaining. I want to go once to London and Germany. Then I will entrust the whole thing to you
- Because you have forgotten Krsna, therefore Krsna has given you so many books, Vedic literature. Therefore I was stressing, don't waste your time in reading nonsense literature. Just concentrate your mind in this Vedic literature
- Before asking me, if you give me, "I think you may require a glass of water," that is friendship. Friendship means feeling friend's welfare always. Suhrt. Friendship is not simply chatting. Friendship means thinking, "How my friend will be happy?"
- Before death we have to become competent in Krsna consciousness. What is that competency? Always, twenty-four hours, thinking of Krsna. That's all. This is competence
- Before Krsna consciousness, was there any puri manufactured here? No
- Bhagavad-gita is not a new thing, a new adventure. And the person who spoke Bhagavad-gita to the sun-god, does it mean that He left something to be commented by some, these mundane men to understand the meaning of the Bhagavad-gita?
- Bhagavad-gita is so nice book and it is accepted. Not that because we are preaching Krsna consciousness, we are advocating for Bhagavad... No. It is accepted by scholarly section, religious section, not only in India, but all over the world
- Bhagavata says that whatever capacity you may have, either you are a scientist or a lawyer or an engineer or a rich man, a capitalist, whatever you may be. Your duty is to utilize your talent for Krsna consciousness. That's all
- Bhakti-yoga can be applicable to any one of these form, either Krsna or Rama or Visnu or Narayana, so many forms. Generally, Vaisnavas worship the form of Krsna, Radha-Krsna, and Laksmi-Narayana. In our conditional stage, we cannot worship Radha-Krsna
- Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura is mercy representation of Lord Caitanya, and he appeared in February 1867 as the son of Bhaktivinoda Thakura
- Bhaktisiddhanta's writing is not very easy to understand, yes; but we should try, read and read again, and simply that vibration will help us
- Biology, you can teach them the evolution of the species from Padma-Purana, 8,400,000's, one after another. Yes
- Brahmana qualification is truthfulness, cleanliness, satyam saucam. Sama, equilibrium of the mind, without any disturbance, without any anxiety. Satyam saucam samo dama. Dama means controlling the senses. Samo dama titiksa. Titiksa means tolerance
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu at that time was sixteen years old boy, but He was very learned logician. So the Kesava Kasmiri, he was traveling all over India by, I mean to say, competing other panditas, other learned scholars. So he, everywhere he was victorious
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu was sitting on the rejected pots. So His mother said, "My dear boy, You are sitting in this nasty place. Why?" He said, "Well, how you can say this is nasty place? These pots are very pure"
- Can you tell me something about Caitanya's initiation in Vaisnava faith? When He was initiated?
- Can you tell me something about Lord Caitanya's birth, when He was born, what happened, what was it like?
- Did Lord Caitanya worship Sarasvati?
- Did the Chand Kazi stop this cow killing thereafter? After talking with Caitanya Mahaprabhu?
- Do you understand your previous lives from the descriptions in authoritative texts, or from any introspective recollection of your own?
- Don't be satisfied that you have understood. No. This should be distributed. In my old age I have come to your country carrying the order of my spiritual master to distribute it. You are all young boys and girls; take this message and distribute it
- Don't try to imitate Raghunatha dasa Gosvami. But because they were (the six Gosvamis) associates of Lord Caitanya, each one of them showed some example, unique example of how Krsna consciousness can be advanced
- Eating, sleeping, fearing, and mating - sense gratification. So to arrange for these necessities of life of the body, the knowledge that we require, that is called mundane knowledge
- Every one of us, those who have come to this Krsna consciousness movement, expected to preach in the future and to become a spiritual master also in the future. But first of all you must spiritualize yourself; otherwise it is useless
- Every word of sastra has volumes of meanings. Udga... Therefore sometimes right commentary required
- Everything is complete in this world. There is no scarcity. We have simply created scarcity by our mismanagement. But if we take up the laws as they are prescribed in the scriptures and live peacefully, there is no scarcity
- Fifty years before in India, in every village there was a small school conducted by the brahmana, and the village children would be trained up there. So he was sent for training. And there was no school fee
- First know what you are, your business, your destination & aim of life. Then begin work, religiosity, economic development. But if you do not understand yourself, what is the meaning of accumulation of wealth or so-called religion or economic devel... No
- Fortunately, by Krsna's grace, many moonlike boys and girls have come to me. You see? Many moons. I was thinking of having only one moon, but Krsna... I am hopeful that there are many moons, and in future they'll be doing very nice. This is para-upakara
- From Gaurakisora dasa Babaji, my spiritual master, and then we are descended
- Gauranga means with all this paraphernalia. As soon as we speak of gauranga, we should mean the five: Lord Nityananda, Advaita, Gadadhara, and Srivasa. All together
- Govinda dasa is reminding his mind "You have experience of your material happiness. So material happiness means, the ultimate goal of material happiness is sex life. But don't you remember how long you can enjoy this sex life?" Capala. "Flickering"
- Guru Maharaja did not say anything, that "You give up your family life." No, never said. He simply gave the idea. So I thought that "It would have been better if I was not married"
- Guru Maharaja established sixty-four temples, small and big. Just like I am increasing, he increased. So most of the temples were in Bengal. In Bengal there were about fifty out of sixty-four
- Guru-parampara, when we offer our respect, first our own spiritual master, then his spiritual master, then his spiritual master. In this way. But when putting article that should be the opposite. First Bhaktivinoda, then Bhaktisiddhanta, then my disciples
- Haridasa Thakura, he belonged to the Muhammadan community. He was made namacarya, the principal acarya of this chanting Hare Krsna. That is the revolutionary method of Caitanya
- Hatha-yoga is not practiced in assembly of so many men. Just you go to a hatha-yoga class. There are hundreds of members practicing, and he is collecting money, five dollars per seat. And you are thinking, "I am practicing." That is useless waste of time
- He (Lord Caitanya) would sometimes eat clay?
- He took me to the cinema house, but I never entered. I came back. You see? Because it was detestful
- He would swoon whenever He heard Krsna's name? He would be swooning? Lord Caitanya would faint?
- Here we are teaching our students, not abruptly say that "You have learned." We are teaching them Bhagavad-gita, Srimad-Bhagavatam, Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, so many books
- I am not very expert or educated or nothing extraordinary, but only thing is that I believed in his word. You can say that is my qualification. I believed cent percent in his (Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati's) word
- I am spirit soul, part and parcel of the Supreme Lord. As soon as the mind is contaminated, I rebel, because I have got little independence. "Why shall I serve Krsna or God? I am God." It is simply a dictation from the mind
- I assume that being an initiated member means that the individual has acquainted himself sufficiently with your teaching and gone through certain disciplines?
- I first came in New York. Then I went to Pittsburgh, and for one year I was traveling, and I established this society in July 1, 1966
- I have come to your country with this mission, and if I find one or two boys or girls sincerely have learned how to love God, Krsna, then my mission is successful
- I have especially come to your country to deliver you this good message, because if you accept this, if you can understand this science of Krsna consciousness, other part of the world will also follow, and the face of the world will be changed
- I never expected. When I came first in Boston, I was thinking, "Oh, who will accept these Vaisnava rules and regulations? These people are after meat and wine and illicit sex, and how they will accept it?"
- I was a young man in 1922 and I was also misled in so many ways. But my spiritual master saved me, Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami Maharaja
- If anybody increases his Krsna consciousness, the test will be that he will be disinterested with all material pleasures. That is test
- If one is found doing mistake or doing something wrong, but because he is sticking to this principle of Krsna consciousness, he is sadhu. Sadhu means a holy man. He is holy. He is not doing any wrong consciously. But due to habit
- If this finger is cut off from my body, if you trample down with your feet this finger, I don't care for it. Similarly, to help oneself means to put oneself in the proper position, as part and parcel of Krsna. That is real helping
- If we simply capture Krsna, then we capture everything
- If you are chanting within this room and if you find nobody is coming to participate in the kirtana, don't be disappointed. There are many germs, worms, cockroaches, within this room - they are being benefited
- If you can just tell me what you, the best way to have a nice scene of Jagai and Madhai?
- If you chant twenty-four hours very easy thing - Hare Krsna mantra, that means this time cannot be taken away by the sun
- Immediately after my meeting, he (my Guru Maharaja) said this, that "Why don't you preach this Caitanya's cult in the Western countries?" That is a memorable day. Of course, I did not know that I will have to do it
- Impersonal bigness, they think it is very important. Actually, it has no value. Background is person. Krsna says in the Bhagavad-gita that brahmano 'ham pratistha: "The impersonal Brahman, I am the cause. I am the source of impersonal Brahman"
- In 1922 when I saw my Guru Maharaja and when I was convinced about his argument and mode of presentation, I was so much struck with wonder. I could understand that "Here is the proper person who can give real religious idea"
- In order to approach a bona fide spiritual master, one must be very much disgusted with this material way of life
- In the beginning there may be childlike falldown, but if you stick to the position, then one day you'll be able to walk freely, without any hamper
- In the Bhagavata Purana is there also provision for the Caitanya cult?
- In the Kali-yuga salvation is very easier. That is the version of Srimad-Bhagavatam also, but that process is this kirtana, not LSD
- In the Vedic scripture there is recommendation that animal sacrifice allowed, but that is not meant for killing. That is giving a new life
- In this material world, either vegetarian or nonvegetarian, they are on the same platform, birds of the same feather. You see? So that is not our propaganda. We are introducing Krsna-prasada
- Inquiry means sravanam. Inquiry means to get the answer; that is hearing. And then assimilate. Then kirtanam, then distribute the knowledge to the world
- It is medical advice, that there are two kinds of mistakes in eating. Over-eating and under-eating. So under-eating mistake for old man is very good. And over-eating mistake for boys, that is good. So you can overeat. I cannot
- It is said in the Vedic literature the more you go to the higher planet, your opulence, your standard of living is thousand, thousand times better than this planet. So these arrangements are there
- It is simple for the simple, but it is very hard for the crooked
- It is the injunction of the sastra that a sannyasi, a brahmacari, are sons of the society. As you take care of your children at home, similarly, you are also required to take care of the sannyasis and the brahmacaris
- It must be approved by great acaryas. We are pushing on this Krsna consciousness not by whims. It is approved by great acaryas. We are following their footsteps. That's all. That is our business
- It was a big snake? Very big? And was it Sesa?
- It's on this quotation from Bhagavata Purana that Caitanya built His system?
- Just like a bank clerk or a bank cashier should be satisfied with his post and the wages he gets. He should be satisfied. If God pleases he will be elevated to higher position. That is God's grace. But we should not be disturbed
- Just like guru-parampara, when we offer our respect, first our own spiritual master, then his spiritual master, then his spiritual master. In this way. But when putting article, that should be the opposite
- Just like in my old age I have come to your country carrying the order of my spiritual master to distribute it. You are all young boys and girls; take this message and distribute it. The whole suffering humanity will be happy
- Just like without being red hot, you cannot burn any other thing. Similarly, without being fully spiritualized, you cannot make others spiritualized. Therefore we have to follow the parampara system
- Just see these boys, these girls. I have not imported from India. I came here single-handed with seven dollars. I have got hundreds of students like that. How they have changed, their character, their behavior. I have given them life
- Krsna being richly dressed, richly fed, it will be reflected on you. Krsna is not in necessity, but we should dress Krsna with the first-quality ornaments. In India, the Deities, They are given very, very valuable jewelry
- Krsna can give you liberation from this distressful, miserable condition of material existence and give you transcendental pleasure. Therefore His another name is Mukunda
- Krsna consciousness does not mean sitting idly. The whole pastimes of Krsna is full of activities. When you go to spiritual world Krsna is always dancing. You have to 24 hours dance there and eat there.There is no question of sit down
- Krsna consciousness means to adjust your condition so that after leaving this body you can enter into the planet where Krsna lives
- Krsna is very kind. He is helping you in different ways. He is within your heart. Krsna is within your heart. Antaryami. Caitya-guru. And is presenting Himself as spiritual master both ways, externally, internally. He is trying to help you
- Krsna says that "This Bhagavad-gita is taught from time immemorial by disciplic succession," not by research work
- Krsna's name and Krsna is not different. Therefore, as soon as my tongue touches the holy name of Krsna, that means immediately it associates with Krsna
- Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is a person, a person like you, like me. Just like we are facing each other, similarly, when you are spiritually perfect, you will be able to see Krsna exactly like face to face
- Let us cooperate in this (KC) movement very nicely; here in this spot, New Vrindaban, the woman's business will be to take care of the children, cooking cleansing, and churning butter. Those who have the knowledge of typing can help in typing also
- Lord Caitanya is always doing this on a planet in the material, some material universe?
- Lord Caitanya used to eat a lot of food?
- Lord Caitanya, He would cry so that He could hear them chanting Hare Krsna to Him?
- Material conception there is difference. If you want water, simply by chanting, "water, water," your satisfaction will not be there. But in the spiritual world, everything being absolute, there is no difference between the name Krsna and the person Krsna
- Maybe we will show Lord Caitanya's marriage? Is that nice to show?
- My appeal to you is that you try to understand this movement, Krsna consciousness movement. It is not a bogus movement. It is scientific, authorized
- My Guru Maharaja never took mango throughout his whole life. Whenever mango was offered, he would say, "Oh, I am a offender. I cannot take that"
- My Guru Maharaja's contribution is that he defeated these caste gosvamins. He defeated this brahmanism
- My real business is to teach the disciples
- My spiritual master wanted me to preach, but I did not like it, but he forced me. Yes. That is my practical experience
- My students, they offer me so much respect, but all these respects are due to my spiritual master. I am nothing. I am just like peon. Just like peon delivers one letter. He is not responsible for what is written in that letter
- My travelling schedule for the next few weeks: I shall arrive in Columbus on flight 485, United Airlines, at 10:47 on May 9, 1969. Then on the 15th of May I shall be going to North Carolina, and then on the 18th of May I shall proceed to New Vrindaban
- Negation is no life. Positive life is life. "Don't do this," is no life. "Do this," this is life.The whole Bhagavad-gita is "do." "Do fight for Me." There is nothing "don't." Arjuna wanted, "Don't induce me." And Krsna did not like that
- Nobody required to be taught how he has to make sexual intercourse. Nobody has to be taken, I mean, given lesson how he can become intoxicated. Don't you see that the intoxicants, intoxicated person, they have become automatically?
- Now you can stop
- On one hand he says that we don't want to be delivered from this material ocean, we just want to serve. Then in one of the other slokas he pleads with Krsna to deliver him from this ocean of death and fix him up as one of the atoms of His lotus feet
- One old lady, she used to come to my class. So she had a son. So I asked, "Why don't you get your son married?" "Oh, if he can maintain a wife, I have no objection." Just to maintain a wife is a great job in this age
- Our movement, this chanting Hare Krsna mantra, is so nice that what was possible after many, many births, you can get it within a few weeks. That is a fact. If you chant Hare Krsna mantra as we are doing, then you'll understand
- Our only duty is how to achieve full Krsna consciousness. Other things, there is no need of trying
- Our students, nobody can compare with their behavior, with their character, with their innocence. Everything nicer
- Our suffering has begun from the womb of our mother
- People are giving stress only to the Darwin's theory. But in the Vedic literature we have got immense information of this living condition in this material world
- People are harassed with so many problems. The politicians and the humanists, the socialists, the ambassadors, the presidents, they're all harassed with the problems. And a Krsna conscious person has no problems. (laughter) Has no problems
- People are unwilling to accept the Krsna consciousness because they are blind. They do not see actual position of their life. That is the position (of) conditioned soul. They are busy simply for sense gratification
- Saranagati, surrender to Krsna, is our only business. This Krsna consciousness movement is trying to teach people to, not to declare independence, which is not possible, nor to try to make this world happy without Krsna
- Self-discipline means not to identify with this body. That is self-discipline. It requires training of course
- She (Mira Bai) was a contemporary of Caitanya?
- Simple method: chanting this Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. So this is our propaganda. We don't charge anything. We don't say that "I sell one mantra. You take it and give me some dollars"
- Smrti means regulative, the law book, the statute book. Married life is there. We are preaching the cult of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He also married. All the five associates of Lord Caitanya, they also married. Krsna also married. So marriage is not bad
- So everyone has got little independence. So everyone can go to the spiritual world if he likes. But if he does not like, he will remain here. That is his choice
- So long you are perturbed by material disturbances, you should know that your spiritual life has not begun. This is confirmed in everywhere
- So long you require some material facilities, you'll get material facilities, but that is not solution of the problems of your life
- Somebody offers you one million dollars, "Take it." You do not know what is the value of million dollars; you will refuse it. Little intelligence. So the choice is yours. In all the case, the choice is yours. If you know the value, instantly you accept
- Something done in Krsna consciousness, knowing or not knowing, it will have its effect. These children who are bowing down, or trying to vibrate "Krsna", or clap, these things are being accumulated in bank account of Krsna consciousness
- Spiritual life means to develop real love. Everyone says love. There are so many signboards, so many papers, "love, love." But there is no love. This is illusion. It is all lust. Love for intoxication, love for sex, love for this... This is going on
- Spiritual master or a representative of Krsna or a mahatma, he is prasanta. Prasanta means he is freed from all these manufacturing process of the mind. He is no more conducted by the dictation of the mind. He is conducted by the dictation of Krsna
- Srimad-Bhagavatam you should study very scrutinizingly, critically
- Style (of food) may be different. That's all right. Besides that, to maintain your body and soul together, you require eating, you require sleeping, you require mating, you require defense
- Suppose a very rich man is attractive, a very intelligent man is attractive, a beautiful man is attractive, a famous man is attractive, a wise man is attractive, a renounced man is also attractive. These are attractive features
- Take this Krsna consciousness movement. Your country will be perfect, actual leader of the whole world. I have come to your country with this purpose
- That is our Krsna consciousness movement. We simply educating people, "Don't waste your valuable life, the human form of life. If you are missing this chance, you are committing suicide." That is our propaganda. Don't commit suicide
- The animals, they do not know how to create a church or temple or mosque. These are done in the human society. So when the human society forgets this responsibility from economic point of view, that means they degrade to the animal life
- The bhakti-yoga process is that if I do not like to see artificially the beauty of woman or man, if I try to see the beauty of Krsna, naturally my, this propensity of seeing beautiful man or woman becomes extinguished. You do not require to shut your eyes
- The Chand Kazi became a devotee?
- The difference between animal life and human life is that human life, existence, is more purified. He has got better consciousness than the animals
- The human form of life is meant for saving time for spiritual cultivation. We should be satisfied with the bare necessities of life, and the time should be saved to cultivate self-realization. That is the basic principle of Vedic civilization
- The instruction of Krsna is perfect, and the teacher or guru who speaks the same thing as Krsna says, that is perfect. And if he manufactures his own ideas and becomes more than Krsna, then he's a rascal number one. There is no benefit
- The proper upkeep of health is cleanliness. If you keep yourself clean, then your, I mean to say, problem of health is solved. Simply cleanliness. "Cleanliness is next to godliness." That is also an English proverb
- Then Lord Caitanya's wife, she died?
- There are some special marks on the chest of Visnu by which in Vaikuntha He is known that He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Otherwise, in Vaikuntha, everyone has got the same feature like Visnu
- There is a word, atmarama, in Sanskrit. Atmarama means one who is satisfied with his self. He is called atmarama. Because self is the basic principle of this body, the soul
- There is very little description from the age of 31 to Lord Caitanya's disappearance. Maybe you can tell me as much as you can of what happened?
- There's a scene about Lord Caitanya embracing the leper Vasudeva. Is that a nice scene to perform?
- These two books will give you sufficient knowledge, and we should take advantage of it, because our consciousness is developed. We should not waste our time simply reading these all nonsense literatures, sex literatures
- This Caitanya Mahaprabhu's movement is to give chance to this animalistic civilization to associate with devotees and mahatmas so that they can also become devotee and mahatma
- This Krsna consciousness movement will produce good father and mother, and therefore they will have good children, and there will be no problem in the world. If everyone is Krsna conscious. Not everyone, even ten per cent people become Krsna conscious
- This life is meant for restraining. Restraining. Tapa. We have to restrain our business of sense gratification. Without restraining our business of sense gratification, it is not possible to make ourselves liberated
- This male-female question is everywhere. The only difference is that in spiritual world there is no need of sex life, or there is no impelling sex life, although there is attraction between man and woman
- This material world is a fractional part of the whole creation
- This movement was started by Bhaktivinoda Thakura, and then it was entrusted to Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura. Then we are trying to serve his word
- Those who are in knowledge of sense gratification they are devoid of knowledge
- Those who are voluntarily accepting the laws of God and giving service to the Supreme Lord, they are called devotees
- To talk with a person is not mixing. You see? Mixing means, intimate mixing, there are six symptoms. When you eat, when you call him to eat, when you give, when you take, when you talk your heart, when you hear his heart. These are called intimate mixing
- Try to understand Bhagavad-gita as it is. Try to understand Srimad-Bhagavatam. These two books will give you sufficient knowledge, and we should take advantage of it, because our consciousness is developed
- Try to understand the difference between God and dog. A dog forgets. A dog comes to your place to eat something. You give it a slap. He goes away, again comes. He forgets that slapping. You see? That is the dog's nature. And God's nature is different
- Try your best to execute Krsna consciousness fully. That should be the motto of our life
- We are after Krsna-prasadam. That is our motto. We don't fight with vegetarian and nonvegetarian. We are not making propaganda...
- We are preacher, so if I simply become angry, then my preaching work will be stopped. Do you follow?
- We are preaching the original practice. Practice means which is practically done. And sometimes things are impractical when they are unnatural, and natural things can be practiced very easily
- We are trying to conquer so many things, empire, but if we fail to conquer our mind, then even you conquer an empire, that is a failure. His very mind will be the greatest enemy
- We are trying to write so many books. What is that book? That means whatever we have understood from our spiritual master. That's all
- We have been taught by our Guru Maharaja, twenty-four hours engagement with Krsna. So maya has no scope to enter in our mind. She always remains aloof: "Oh, here is fire. I cannot touch"
- We have to accept economic development so far as we keep our body and soul together, fit for Krsna consciousness. We do not recommend that unnecessarily you should give trouble to the body
- We have to increase our love for Krsna; therefore this worship, temple worship. If you always be engaged in Krsna's service, naturally you develop love for Krsna. That is wanted
- We have to study by analogy, by our reason, our intelligence. Just like you have got experience in this life that "My father is a person. I am also a person"
- We have to train our consciousness, divine. That is the duty of human form of life. If we make our consciousness divine, then we are preparing for next divine life
- We preach exactly as we have heard from our Spiritual Master, but there are changes due to the time, circumstances, and the trainees. The spirit of the disciplic succession may not be changed
- We require to be trained in the service of Krsna under the guidance of representative of Krsna, training. In this way, when we are fully trained, we shall reach that stage, oh, that "I am protected by Krsna." Krsna gives you assurance
- We shall not allow us to fall down, but even if we fall down, there is no loss. But that does not mean I shall be slack and allow me to fall down. Yes. We must be very serious. That should be our motto
- Were they liberated souls? The thief?
- What are some of the things that Lord Caitanya did when He was a little boy? Some tricks or things?
- What I am speaking before you from Srimad-Bhagavatam or Bhagavad-gita, that is also chanting. This is also kirtana. Kirtana means describing
- What is the use of this human form of life? The cats and dogs, they have got body. They have also will meet death. And I have got body; I will also meet death. So am I meant for meeting death like cats and dogs? Then what kind of human being I am?
- Whatever success is there, it is just due to my firm faith in his (Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati's) instruction. So I am trying to follow. And by his grace, you are helping me. So actually, the responsibility will now depend on you. I am also old man
- Whatever you are hearing from me, whatever you are learning from me, you have to distribute the same in toto without any addition or alteration. Then all of you become the spiritual master
- When Guru Maharaja was speaking, at least my brain was puzzled. Even he would speak in Bengali, it was very difficult to understand
- When I was householder, several times there was indication given by my Guru Maharaja that I should give up family life and become a sannyasi and preach this Krsna consciousness movement
- When Krsna forces somebody to surrender, that is a great favor. But generally, He does not do so. But He does so to a person who is very sincere to Krsna's service but at the same time he has got slight desire for material enjoyment
- When one is a professional, there may be something wrong. That doesn't matter. But you try to discharge your duties, rightly, whatever you are prescribed to do. Then everything will come to the right point
- When one is, I mean to say, raised to the platform of spontaneous love, there is no question of falling back
- When sorting articles, first Bhaktivinoda, then Bhaktisiddhanta, then my, then my disciples
- When there is something fearful the child, it is nature, closes the eyes. I have practical experience. When I was young man I went to the zoo with my little son and as soon as there was a tiger cage, oh, the child closed the eyes
- When you enter into the Krsna science you get so much volumes of transcendental knowledge, and we are trying to present before you this knowledge in so many ways, by cleansing your heart from this material contamination
- When you will seek after God, God is situated within your heart, He will give you all facility. And so long you want to become God, you will be cheated, because you are trying to cheat yourself. How you can become God?
- Whether you are making progress in Krsna consciousness you have to test yourself, whether you are decreasing your material desires. That's all
- Which I could not follow, I may ask repeatedly to understand. So two sides: seva, service; and surrender. And in the middle, pariprasna. So pariprasna is required. Otherwise how one can understand? So questions are required
- Whole instruction is that all sleeping members of the human society, they should take advantage of this Krsna consciousness movement and willingly they should accept. Then there will be immediate effect and everyone will be out of the clutches of maya
- Why these books are there? Just to remind you to become lawful. But if you don't take advantage, then you are misusing your life
- Why you are disturbing? Sit down. Hear. Try to hear
- You are all intelligent boys and girls. You try to understand this Krsna consciousness philosophy with all your reason or argument. But try to understand it seriously. Don't make it a farce. That is the object of life
- You are more advanced in every way, you Americans. And because I have come from India with some poor knowledge, I am injecting something in your brain? No. The Krsna consciousness is already there. I am simply helping you to revive it
- You can become very healthy. But does it mean that health is the perfection of life? Do you mean to say healthy life will not die, will not change his body? So health is required, but health is not the ultimate goal of life
- You can have sex life when it is required. To become impotent is not required. You should be fully potent but not misuse it. That is required
- You committed murder, that you caused your hanging, not that high-court judge is your enemy, and he is giving you order to be hanged. You are the cause of your hanging. Similarly, God is impartial
- You don't require big factories, big workshop, and whole day and night with motorcar going this way and that way. No. There is no necessity for economic development. This is maya
- You go to your office, you dress in some way, similarly, this is a particular type of dress. It is sanctioned by our predecessors. We adopt. So if you don't accept this dress, that does not mean you cannot be in Krsna consciousness
- You have forgotten God. You have declared, 'God is dead.' These are all nonsense. God is there. You are here. You are suffering because you have forgotten God. You try to love God. Your normal life will come back. You will be happy. This is KC movement
- You have to follow the instruction of Krsna or His representative, but you cannot imitate them. Then you'll fall down
- Your business is how to become happy, because by nature you are happy. Diseased condition, that happiness being checked. So this is our diseased condition, this material, conditional life, this body