Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:1968 Pages Needing Audio
All these pages are from lectures that are not yet released by the Bhaktivedanta Archives, as soon as th Bhaktivedanta Archives releases them we will place them into Vaniquotes.
- Pages listed under '0' are 'one quote pages' being processed.
- Pages listed under 'A-Z' are 'one quote pages' that are yet to be processed.
- Multi-quote pages are listed under '1-9' indicating for each, how many audio file are missing.
- Pages grouped under symbols mean there is more than one page with the exact audio and are yet to be processed.
Pages in category "1968 Pages Needing Audio"
The following 221 pages are in this category, out of 221 total.
- "This is my body. This is my hand. This is my leg. This is my country. This is my mother. This is my father. This is my school." "This is my," I know. I have the concept of "my." But who is conceiving "my"? We have no information where it is
- "Water, water, water, water," your thirstiness will not be quenched. You require the substance water. That is material, but spiritually, the name Krsna or the name Allah or the name Jehovah is as good as the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Do your business nicely. That is expert. And when it is dovetailed in Krsna, there is no gradation that this business is better and that business is lower because everything is for Krsna. So that business becomes Krsna. Do it nicely and Krsna is satisfied
- I'll give you one practical example. In my householder life I was a drugstore businessman. So one Muhammadan gentleman, he was supplying me bottles
- Is Krsna consciousness more easily accepted among Indians and among Far Eastern peoples than among the Western peoples?
- Is there conflict with other Eastern religions, and if so, how far is this spread?
- The bhakti-yoga system is that if you stick to the hearing of Hare Krsna and the music, melodious music of karatala, then naturally you become detestful for hearing other songs
- The International Society for Krishna Consciousness is a movement aiming at the spiritual reorientation of mankind through the simple process of chanting the holy names of God
- We are thinking that we have made a paradise, but actually the place is miserable, because the threefold miseries, they are there
- We have got so many branches, they want to hear me, my singing, my speech, therefore they record it and send it to different branches
- Why should we manufacture some other thing? Manufacturing means Mayavada, mental concoction. That is not the process of bhakti
- The story of the learned scholar and the boatman
- Wherever you go, your fortune will go with you
- Mahabharata is the history of India. Maha means great, and bharata means India. And you see, Mahabharata is the history of two royal families fighting in the Battle of Kuruksetra and politics and diplomacy
- This Krsna consciousness, or bhakti, devotional service, means to develop attachment for Krsna and in the same proportion develop detachment for material sense gratification. Two things cannot go on
- If you act in such and such way, you can enter in higher planetary system and you have higher standard of life. But this Bhagavad-gita proposition is that don't try to live within this material world anywhere. Anywhere
- You have got money, and you are enjoying sense enjoyment, and as soon as this body will be finished, no more your control. Then you are completely under the control of material nature
- A boy is trained to become brahmacari. Brahmacari. Brahmacari means complete celibacy. No sex life, no amusement. Because just to train him not to be attracted by this material sense enjoyment. Then he'll be able to grasp what is spiritual life
- Even one is not in goodness, even one is in the darkest part of the quality of ignorance, still, he can be immediately elevated to the spiritual platform, which is recommended by Krsna, that you have come to the platform above the modes of goodness
- To establish yourself. "Yourself" means you are part and parcel of the Supreme. So just like my hand. Some way or other, if my hand becomes paralyzed, it is not working. And as soon as it is established with this body, then it will work
- It is not very difficult to understand what is enlightenment. Enlightened means aham brahmasmi. I do not belong to this material world. I belong to the Supreme Spirit. That conviction makes you enlightened
- A householder, he can also become a mahatma, provided he has got this tendency that he wants to develop his spiritual life. Then he is mahatma. And not interested to increase economic development, or persons who are too much attached for enjoyment
- Amongst the impersonalist school, there are many great logicians and high class scholars. But according to Vedic principles, God realization does not depend on material intelligence or scholarship
- Any work you do, do it very nicely. That is expert. Don't do it haphazardly. To your best talent, to your best capacity, try to finish it very nicely, whatever it may be. You are entrusted with some work. Do it nicely. That is expert
- Arati means the arati, reception. Koren, doing. Brahma, Lord Brahma. Adi, headed by. Deva-gane, all the demigods. that means "To offer arati reception to Lord Caitanya, all the demigods have come down, headed by Lord Brahma."
- Arati Song, 1968 - The aratrika ceremony which is going on on the bank of the Ganges to receive Lord Caitanya is so beautiful that it is attractive to the people of the world, all people of the world
- Arjuna is not understanding Krsna by his philosophical speculation. Directly Krsna revealing. This is the process of understanding God. You cannot create your imagination, imaginative God
- As soon as Krsna accepts, your life is sanctified immediately. Therefore we should eat krsna-prasada, nothing more. Not in the hotel, not in the restaurant. Simply krsna-prasada. That will keep me purified always
- As soon as we chant Hare Krsna or chant Bhagavad-gita or Bhagavata, so He is present immediately by His vibration. He's absolute. Therefore try to remember His words of instruction; you'll not feel separation. You'll feel that He is with you
- As soon as you become servant of Krsna you get full satisfaction. Sa-natha-jivitah means you will understand that "I have a master who is so full, who is so complete, who is so competent, who is so faithful, and who is so nice, there is no injustice"
- As we have got our experience here in this world that houses are made of bricks, there, in the transcendental world, the houses are made of this cintamani stone, touchstone. There are also trees, but those trees are not like this tree
- Because I (Krishna) have appeared just like a human being, these rascals deride at Me that I am also one of them
- Before death comes again, we must prepare in such a nice way - no more death, no more birth. That is education
- Bhagavad-gita is that which is received by the parampara system
- Bhagavata communism says that even if you have got a lizard in your room, you must give him something to eat. If you have got a serpent in your room, you must give it something to eat. Nobody in your house should starve
- Bhagavata has done nice that the illusion of this world is that attraction. What is that attraction? False attraction. The man is attracted by woman, woman is attracted by man. And the business is going on. Especially in this country
- Bhakti means rendering service. So when one learns how to render service to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, direct service, then that is the ultimate goal of religious principles
- Bhakti means the process of purifying the senses. That's all. And as soon as your senses are purified, transcendentalized, you see God face to face
- Bharata means this planet, and Mahabharata means the complete history of the whole world. Nowadays, at the present moment, history means a chronological record, but previously, history means only the important incidences at different times
- Brahmacari, one who is not married, simply working under the order of the spiritual master, he has also cent percent time to work. So these are the secrets, that one has to work for Krsna
- By association, good association, everything is possible. Therefore you have to make this association of Krsna consciousness so perfect that anyone who comes in contact with that association, he becomes purified automatically
- Caitanya left His legacy to the Indians, any Indian, to take up this cause and preach this cult of sankirtana movement all over the world
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu, without discussing all the constitutional position, philosophy, knowledge, and so many other things, yoga system, He immediately begins that the constitutional position of the living entity is to serve the supreme whole
- Convince means you have to convince me with your reasoning power or presentation. That is not very difficult thing. Two lawyers are fighting in the court. They are convincing. Now the judgement is there. So that fighting means for convincing
- Could you tell us about something about Lord Caitanya's production of Vaisnava drama? Are there any of the plays that you know are still extant?
- Did Lord Caitanya have women, householders traveling with Him when He went on sankirtana?
- Did Lord Caitanya take sannyasa from a Mayavadi sannyasi?
- Did you say that Sri Krsna Caitanya was playing Radha?
- Do the liberated souls also seek after this Krsna consciousness? Those who have become free...
- Don't be captivated by the material opulence, even you are put into great difficulties. Because you are not this material body. You are spirit soul. So your progress should be steady on the spiritual platform
- Don't be disappointed that the whole day you work, you got no collection, and nobody was interested in Krsna consciousness. No. Don't be disappointed. You have worked sincerely the whole day, that is your credit
- Either expansion or incarnation, they are all candles. The original candle is Krsna. It is not that expansion of expansion is less powerful. The candle power is the same either origin or expansion or expansion of the expansion
- Everyone is full of anxiety. Not only human society but also bird society, beast society - everyone. Anyone who has got this material body, he's full of anxiety. But we want to get free from anxieties. That is our aspiration.
- Everyone is trying to live. Nobody wants to die. Why this psychological desire is there? I want to live. That means that he is eternal. Therefore he wants to live
- Everything will come. You'll practically feel how you are becoming reformed. There is no need of wasting time. This Hare Krsna movement can be done at home, outside home, when you are working, when you are walking, every moment
- Expert colorists, they can display these three colors into eighty-one. Similarly, the material nature, of course, this is one, one energy, but within this energy there are three qualities: sattva-guna, rajo-guna, tamo-guna
- Formerly, no book will be accepted unless it is written by liberated soul. That was the system. No other man will dare to write any book, neither his book will be accepted in society
- From a distant place, if you see that a railway engine is coming, you'll see the light. So a rascal will say, "A light is coming." (laughter) But one who knows, he will say a train is coming. So it is less intelligent
- From without, by these books of knowledge, by the instruction of spiritual master, you will get help from without. And as soon as you are serious to follow, then you will get instruction from within also, within
- Generally we don't praise or eulogize somebody or criticize somebody. That is not our business. Our business is Krsna consciousness, God consciousness, always thinking that we are eternal servant of Krsna
- God is so great, so I must render some service to God. This sense of service is further development. Just like from the sky the air develops, similarly, from the idea of greatness of God the sense of service develops
- God's body is not made according to your body, but your body is made according to God's body
- God's senses, Krsna's senses are as powerful as other senses. Just like I can see with my eyes, but Krsna can eat also with His eyes
- Govinda told me that it started five hundred years ago in Western Bengal. Could you elucidate on this please?
- Guru Maharaja made me obliged to give up my home life. So now, by his order, or by his plan, I gave up my home life, I gave up a few children, but Guru Maharaja is so kind that has given me so many nice children
- He (Caitanya) has openly said that anyone - doesn't matter in what, which family or in which country he has taken his birth, anyone who knows this science of Krsna, he's eligible to become a Vaisnava or a spiritual master
- He is saintly because that one qualification, that he has full faith in God, Krsna, that one qualification makes him a saintly person. Others may have all the good qualification, but simply for one minor godlessness, he is nonqualified
- He's always disturbed, but still, he does not wish to go back to Godhead. Therefore there is a constant endeavor on the part of God to reclaim these conditioned souls
- Here is nice rose flower, it is manufactured by Krsna's energy, let it be offered to Krsna. This is self-realization
- His Divine Grace, my spiritual master, somehow or other liked me, that I should take up this responsibility. And on the first day I met him, I was at (that) time a very young man, a nationalist, and engaged in a very responsible office
- How you are advancing in Krsna consciousness, that will be tested at the time of your death. The examination will be at that time
- However perfect you may be in serving Krsna, you should always know that Krsna is unlimited. It will ever remain imperfect because we are limited. But Krsna is so kind. If you offer a little service sincerely, He accepts
- I am doing very large-scale business in my present body. I am earning... Just like Rockefeller, Ford, in your country. In our country also, Birla. There are many big industrialists earning money like anything, hoarding money
- I am feeling now very much obliged to my, this Godbrother, that he carried out the wish of my spiritual master and enforced me to accept this sannyasa order
- I came in New York in such condition, but by the grace of my spiritual master Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami Maharaja, and by the grace of Krsna, everything happens by combined mercy of Krsna and spiritual master
- "I did not engage myself in the loving transcendental service of Radha and Krsna." Radha-krsna na bhajiya, janiya suniya bisa khainu: "Willingly, purposefully, I have drunk poison"
- I had correspondence with one gentleman in England. He says that "We want to be tiger." So I answered "What is the use of tiger?" Tigers, to become tiger... Tiger is very important animal? It is, rather, enemy of the human society
- I have come with this body given by God, open-handed, without any asset. And I shall pass away from this world leaving this body open-handed. So actually nothing belongs to me. It is simply maya, illusion
- I have to thank Jadurani for nice pictures. She is giving us light about spiritual understanding. So Krsna will bless her with greater energy for Krsna consciousness. Thank you
- I started first in 1966, July, in New York. Then I started in San Francisco, then Boston, then at Montreal. Of course, I did not go everywhere. These boys, the sincere boys and girls who are helping me, who have joined this movement, they are doing
- I was trained as brahmacari, as grhastha by the mercy of our spiritual master. Therefore I don't feel anything. But abruptly, if we take to sannyasa order, then...
- I'm not sure if I understand yet. Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu is svayam bhagavan. And the appearances of Krsna in all the other yugas is also called svayam bhagavan?
- If anyone becomes spiritually advanced, the agents of maya will criticize. So therefore you have to become tolerant
- If I am actually rendering devotional service and I'm not getting any happiness, that means there is some maya's play. Otherwise there is no such reasoning. He must feel happy. Then he has to rectify the process of his service
- If Krsna says that "You give me meat," then we can offer Krsna meat also. But Krsna does not say that. Krsna says, "Give Me fruits, flowers, grains." So we have no quarrel with the meat-eaters. Let them do whatever he likes
- If the tongue, you give him something more beautiful than this fried chick or stick or this or that, it will stop. That is the policy. Our policy is that. We can give that, what is called, casein fried with rice. How nice it is
- If we play, train our devotees to present some dramatical performances or movie, I think it will be very successful, because they will play from transcendental sentiment, not for trade purpose
- If we teach our children simply for sense enjoyment, how they can be spiritually advanced? The result will be confusion. Therefore in your country the hippies are there - confusion
- If you always keep yourself in Krsna consciousness or God consciousness, then you are pure. Therefore we advise our students, "Chant Hare Krsna." As soon as you chant this sound, Krsna, immediately you are in touch with Krsna
- If you are actually executing devotional service, you must feel happy. If you don't feel happy, then you are not executing. There is some flaw
- If you are in service attitude, then beginning from your tongue... Jihva, jihva means tongue. Jihvadau, beginning with tongue. The God realization begins with your tongue and ear
- If you can keep yourself always, constantly in Krsna consciousness, always thinking of Krsna, then you are pure
- If you don't become servant of God, then you become servant of your senses. That is your position. So those who are intelligent, so they will understand that If I have to remain a servant, why I shall remain servant of the senses? Why not of Krsna?
- If you scrutinizingly test it and try to understand this movement, then you'll feel yourself that it is wonderful. And actually it is wonderful. And the process is also very simple
- If your aim is to engage one in Krsna consciousness, if you do something which is not very straight, that is allowed
- In His (Caitanya) boyhood He would ask His contemporary friends to argue with Him on a subject matter, and He'll defeat him. And again He'll establish it. The very point on which He defeated His friend, He'll again establish it, and again nullify it
- In Krsna consciousness we address our contemporaries as "prabhu." Prabhu means master. And the real idea is that "You are my master, I am your servant"
- In our childhood we had the occasion of taking part in a drama, Caitanya-lila. I took the part of Advaita, and our friends, others, somebody took the part of Caitanya, Nityananda. So that drama was so successful, it was unique in Calcutta
- In our dealings, there are so many faulty dealings between ourselves. So if we take everything very seriously, then it is very difficult to live. So ksama means forgiveness - will reduce
- In the Absolute Truth, either nonviolence or violence, they are absolute. Here we have got bad effects of violence, but when violence is performed by the Absolute, it has no bad effect, it has good effect
- In the beginning he (Prahlada Maharaja) has said that this life, human form of life, is very rare. The present educational system, they do not know it, that how important this human form of life is and how it has to be utilized
- In the modern world they cannot trace out chronological history more than three thousand years. That's all. But we can give account for many millions and millions of years
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam, the authoritative Vedic scripture which we generally follow, in that scripture there is statement that for promoting oneself to the moon planet, one has to accustom himself to the different kind of worshiping process
- In this old age I have come to your country because we are trying to follow in the footprints of Lord Caitanya
- In your country I have seen in several places. Nice building is dismantled, and again, in that very place, another building is raised. You see? Breaking and building. Breaking and... "Oh, this building is old. Break it." The same childish play
- Instead of serving the senses, if you serve the Lord of the senses, then you are in natural condition, and that is called bhagavata-dharma. So bhagavata-dharma is nothing unnatural, or Krsna consciousness is nothing unnatural. It is very natural
- Is Bhaktivinoda Thakura directly in succession from Lord Caitanya? And Gaurakisora dasa Babaji also?
- Is there anyone similar to Joan of Arc in the Srimad-Bhagavatam?
- It does not matter whether a man is king, or a poor mendicant. Everyone has the facility to become the greatest devotee of the Lord
- It doesn't matter whether you develop love of Godhead from this scripture or that scripture. Your aim should be whether you are developing love of Godhead or developing love of non-God. That should be the test
- It is not that if you do not come in that dress in our temple you will not understand our philosophy. That is not... We don't mean that. But it is convenient. But anyone who does not want to change this dress, that does not matter. We don't insist
- It is simply foolishness that nature is working automatically. This is rascaldom. They do not know. The so-called scientists who are thinking that everything is going on automatically
- It is very difficult to push on this movement, but still we have to do it. This is the highest yoga. If you push on this movement of Krsna consciousness, then you'll be performing the highest type of yoga. Don't be misled by so-called yogas. This is yoga
- It says here that a pure devotee like Haridasa Thakura would not fall victim to Mayadevi's temptations, but even Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, might fall victim. I always thought that they were pure devotees of the Lord
- Just like I am sitting here on this dais. So I have got some relationship. What is that relationship? That this dais is giving me service silently. There is relationship
- Just like we are also following the instruction of our spiritual master. I don't claim that I am pure devotee or perfect, but my only qualification is that I am trying to follow the instruction of the perfect
- Just to save my students, both boys and girls, from sinful activities, I am personally taking interest that they may become good gentleman and lady by marriage
- Kirtana means sometimes chanting with music, and sometimes speaking. Both of them are kirtana. Kirtayati iti kirtanam. Whenever we glorify the Lord, that is called kirtana. The Srimad-Bhagavatam reading is also kirtana
- Krsna consciousness is an art of changing our hearts by purification from the dust of material desires. We cannot stop our desires because as living entities, desiring is the component part of our constitution. But we can purify our desires
- Krsna consciousness is so universal and perfect that it can appeal to everyone, irrespective of his position; therefore I fervently appeal to you, all present in this meeting, to extend your cooperation for successful execution of this great movement
- Krsna is unlimited, so your service cannot reach Him perfectly. It will ever remain imperfect because we are limited. But Krsna is so kind. If you offer a little service sincerely, He accepts. That is the beauty of Krsna
- Krsna knows everything of your purpose, and He gives you opportunity to work as you have decided. If you decide to enjoy this material world, Krsna will give you intelligence how to become very nice businessman, nice politician, very nice cunning man...
- Krsna says that simply by understanding Him, what He is, how does He come, how does He walk, one immediately gets passport to enter into the spiritual kingdom
- Krsna says to Arjuna "You are My very dear friend, you are My devotee. Therefore I'll reveal unto you. Not to others." This is the qualification of understanding God, to become devotee
- Krsnotkirtena, "loudly chanting the holy name of Krsna," krsnotkirtana-gana, "in musical sound, in songs, with music"
- Let this life be dedicated for satisfying Krsna's senses. That is Krsna consciousness. One life. We have, several lives, we have tried to satisfy our personal senses. Let this life, at least one life, let me try, what happens
- Life and death is not in your hand. You don't think that stopping this or increasing this, you'll be able to stop all inconveniences
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu has given us a special gift, but, that in spite of our not understanding everything very analytically, as they are described in the Vedic scriptures, one can understand himself by the simple process by chanting the holy name
- Lord Jesus Christ said that "The only way to God is through me; just believe in me or surrender to me," and Lord Caitanya taught that hari-nama is the only means of spiritual realization in this age. Is there any contradiction?
- Lord Jesus Christ said that if you would see God, your eye must be single. Was he referring to that same statement that love of God is that single eye?
- Materialism means sense gratification, and spiritualism means to love God. That's all. Personal sense gratification. Here the relationship is just like a girl or a boy. The so-called love is temporary. That's all. There is no love
- My dear children, boys and girls, I request you that live happily. There is no restriction. We don't restrict eating, sleeping, or mating, or defending. But do it in relationship with Krsna, pure life, and be happy in this life and next life
- My Guru Maharaja explained that you haven't got to learn anything extra for Krsna's service. Whatever you know, you just apply it... Then you become successful
- My Guru Maharaja pulled me out from this material life. I have not lost anything. He was so kind upon me. I have gained. I left three children, I have got now three hundred children. So I am not loser
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that don't accept spiritual life for living
- My Guru Maharaja used to say, "The best use of a bad bargain." Everything in Krsna relationship. That is yukta-vairagya
- My Guru Maharaja, he convinced me that "Dependence, independence, they are temporary. But we are concerned with the eternal benefit of the human kind, and therefore you should take up this matter"
- Nature has given you sufficient means to live very comfortably everywhere. If you get a piece of land and one cow, your whole economic question is solved. You haven't got to go fifty miles for working. There is no necessity
- Nitai-pada-kamala means the lotus feet of Lord Nityananda. Koti-candra-susitala. It is just a shelter where you will get the soothing moonlight not only of one, but of millions of moons
- No independence does not meant that he has no independence to act. No. She has got. But under the protection
- Now you cannot again introduce this system of varnasrama. It is not possible. But if one takes to Krsna consciousness, automatically he becomes immediately a brahmana and above the brahmana
- One has to meditate. And by meditation, when one is in samadhi, always thinking of the Supersoul, then he becomes freed from this material entanglement. That is self-realization. That is liberation
- One man is trying to exploit another; one nation is trying to exploit another nation; one society is trying to... This is struggle for existence. They have invented this law that "Might is right"
- One must be enthusiastic, patient, confident, one must execute the duties, associate with devotees, and one must be very honest in dealing. Six things. If these six things are there, sure success
- One of my friend, he dragged me forcibly to my spiritual master. And when I talked with my spiritual master, I was induced. And since then, the seedling began
- One should be engaged for earning money because the body requires material necessities. That's all right. But his real attention should be how to achieve spiritual consciousness, or Krsna consciousness
- Our Krsna consciousness movement is particularly to go back to Godhead, giving up this material world, which is full of miserable life. It is actually full of miseries, but those who are thinking that I am happy, or We are happy, they are under illusion
- Our method is very simple. If one is fortunate enough to meet a bona fide spiritual master and if he acts strictly under his discipline, he also becomes within a very short time another spiritual master
- Our program is to worship with love and devotion Govinda, the original person
- Pancaratriki-vidhi means if any one has a little inclination for spiritual development, he should be given chance. This initiation means to give chance
- Prabhupada, after Lord Caitanya took sannyasa, in the Teachings of Lord Caitanya it says He met His mother. I always thought that a sannyasi could not do that
- Prabhupada, what was exactly predicted by Lord Caitanya when He predicted the Golden Age of Kali, the age in the Age of Kali when people would be chanting the Hare Krsna mantra?
- Practically my spiritual master insisted me through him, that "You accept." Because without accepting the renounced order of life, nobody can become a preacher
- Real sound is coming from the spiritual world. It is simply just like gramophone. The sound is coming originally from the person; the gramophone is reproducing. That is not the original source of the sound
- Rules and regulations are required so long we do not develop that love of God. When actually one develops love of God, there is no question of rules and regulations. Automatically he obeys all the rules and regulations
- Sa kaleneha yogo nastah parantapa. That was lost. Although it is eternal, still, because the parampara system or the disciplic succession broke, therefore the real meaning or real purport of Bhagavad-gita was not received
- Serving means developing love. So unless you develop your love for God you cannot serve Him. Anywhere. Whenever you give some service, it is based on love. Just like mother giving service to the helpless child. Why? Love
- Sleeping and eating, this is the material disease. Sleeping, eating, mating... So they should be reduced as much as possible
- So Bhagavata can be expanded to any unlimited. So anything in relationship with God, that is Bhagavatam. So if Joan of Arc, she was in relationship with God, she is also Bhagavatam. You should expand Bhagavatam in that way
- So far I am concerned, I belong to Lord Caitanya's disciplic succession, and my spiritual master, who was just ninth generation from Lord Caitanya, ordered me that "You try to spread this Krsna consciousness in the Western world"
- So Prahlada Maharaja, therefore, taking courage, that the material qualifications are not assets to approach God, but it is only devotional service, service attitude. "Krsna, or God, I love You. I can sacrifice You... I can sacrifice everything for You
- Student's ideal is to pass the M.A. examination
- Suppose some chemical combined bottle is there; by accident it is broken. Does it mean that I shall give up all my duties to be done? And lament for the bottle only? What is this?
- That is our duty. We have to disturb these envious persons, "Hare Krsna!" That is our duty, to disturb them. And that is the greatest service
- The aim of married life is to produce nice children, Krsna conscious children. That is the best service to the human society: produce nice children. Don't produce cats and dogs. That is my request. Otherwise don't produce. Remain separate
- The beginning of service is chanting. Therefore it is said, jihvadau. Jihvadau means, jihva means tongue. Tongue. Your service begins by the tongue. How? By the tongue you can chant Hare Krsna, and by the tongue you can taste Krsna's prasadam
- The child is accepting service from the parents. Her business is only to accept. Torture and accept service. So devotees accept Krsna as son so that Krsna may simply torture them and accept service. That is the policy
- The child is afraid of taking medicine. That also I have experienced. In my childhood, when I became ill, I was very stubborn. I won't accept any medicine. So my mother used to force medicine within my mouth with a spoon. I was so obstinate
- The difference between animal society & human society is that a human being, whoever he may be, he can, if he is taught, trained and educated, he can understand his real position, that he is not this body, but he is pure consciousness; he is spirit soul
- The dissatisfaction of the modern world means that actually everyone is hankering after spiritual happiness. But nobody is offering. And even if it is offered, they cannot understand. They do not take it. This is the position
- The fire of Krsna consciousness will keep you always progressing, but at the same time, if we also voluntarily do not pour water on that fire, then it will be nice. Similarly, Krsna consciousness or chanting Hare Krsna will keep you progressive
- The impersonalists or the void philosophers, their process of so-called yoga is simply troublesome, and maybe some profit there, but the ultimate profit, they cannot have. It is not possible
- The Krsna consciousness movement is to simplify, to save the valuable life, to save the time of valuable life. This human form of life is very valuable
- The living entity is described in the Bhagavad-gita as sarvaga. Sarvaga means he can go anywhere within this universe. He can go in the spiritual sky also. Sarvaga means including everywhere, if he likes
- The modern civilization is Godless, but people are not happy. Therefore God or His representative comes when people forget his relationship with God
- The present society is just like animals. They have no faith, what to speak of this faith or that faith. That is the position. They are simply after sense enjoyment
- The selection of spiritual (master) must be very scrutinizing. You cannot accept anyone as spiritual master. You must be very much satisfied that here is a person who can solve the problems of my life
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is principally not divided, but He is understood under six primary features. The primary, first feature is guru
- The world is feeling so much disturbed by the misarrangement of the leaders of the society. They have forgotten Krsna or God. They are thinking that by material advancement they will be happy, but that is never possible
- There is no question of divorce or separation. In any condition of life, happiness or distress, you shall continue as husband and wife, because our main business is Krsna consciousness
- There was no force. Only proposal. That's all. When it was proposed before me, I also said, "It depends on the choice." So anyway, go on with your work, sankirtana movement you have started
- These brahmacaris, they voluntarily change. Otherwise there are many students, just like we have got two, three students, they are working. They come like ordinary American gentlemen. There is no objection in that way. Dress is not very important thing
- These three standards of fortune, out of which, one who has got good wife, he is the most fortunate. So our society will try to make good wives so that the boys, all boys can think himself always fortunate
- They (women) should be respected as goddess of fortune. If one man has got nice wife, actually he has got goddess of fortune. That is astrological calculation
- They're also pure devotees because they're following my instruction. Just like a technician, he is expert, but somebody is assisting him
- This encagement of body will continue if you work on your own responsibility and not for the supreme purpose or the Supreme Lord Yajna, or Visnu. That is the secret
- This is humanity. You are animal plus human. If you forget your humanity, then you are animal. So we are not simply animal. We are animal plus humanity. If we increase our quality of humanity, then our life is perfect
- This Krsna consciousness movement is an art of living by which you will feel your senses are fully satisfied, but you are going to be free next life. This is the nice process. And artificially if you want to stop your senses, you will fail
- This Krsna consciousness movement, although it appears a new movement in your country, but it is known to the world. But nobody had previously attempted to put these ideas and movement in practical shape. So that I am doing
- This present Manu under whom we are now living within this universe, he's the son of sun-god, Vivasvan. So he has got his different planet, as the sun has got different planet
- This world is so made that even if we do not want to be sinful, the circumstances is so made that we'll be obliged to commit sins. It is such a place. Therefore in Srimad-Bhagavatam it is stated that this place is padam padam yad vipadam
- Those who are condemned, those who want to try to lord it over, they are imprisoned within the walls of material universe. So their number is very small
- To accept the blunders... Even there is no blunder. This is the symptom of sincere service
- To become God conscious, Krsna conscious, is not very cheap thing. It requires a great amount of austerity, penance to come to this stage. So never be disappointed that because people are not responding
- To live in the forest is in the mode of goodness, and to live in the city, or town, is in the mode of passion, and to live in slaughterhouse and brothel and drunkards, these are the residential quarter in ignorance
- To love Krsna we don't require anything. Ahaituky apratihata. It is open for everyone, but we should learn to sacrifice for Krsna. That is the sign of love
- Unfortunately, there is no department for distributing knowledge in the science of the soul. But that is the important, most important thing, because the soul is the mainstay, is the background of all our movements
- Unnecessarily we do not want to criticize anyone. But when there is necessity, because we are preacher, it may be sometimes you'll be faced with opposite elements, so we have to criticize in that respect
- We are creating the descendants of Gosvamis here in the Western countries
- We are going to Krsna consciousness means we are going to our eternal consciousness. We are changing from the temporary, bodily consciousness to the eternal consciousness. This is the sum and substance of Krsna consciousness
- We are making this preaching work of Krsna consciousness. If somebody comes he's Krsna's, he's not mine. These boys serving me, not for my sense gratification, for developing Krsna consciousness
- We are not admitted in the spiritual kingdom unless we have given up this false sense of lording it over the material nature. Here, the conditioned souls, everyone is trying to become the lord, imitating. Everyone is trying. But there is clash
- We are offering only minimum of sixteen rounds. It will take about, utmost, three hours. Out of twenty-four hours, you should engage at least three hours for chanting. So this is the beginning of initiation
- We believe in Krsna consciousness. We have to purify. Just like this is also a belief, that you will be happy by drinking alcohol. That is your consciousness. I don't believe in that
- We don't want these nonsense followers, many thousands. What they will do? But if we can turn one man into Krsna consciousness perfectly, he can do tremendous work in the world
- We should be conscious of our fallen condition and pray to the Lord in that way, that "My dear Lord, somehow or other I am fallen. Now kindly pick me up."
- We should take up the words from the spiritual master as our life and soul. We should try to carry out the instruction, the specific instruction of the spiritual master, very rigidly, without caring for our personal benefit or loss
- What is that desire tree? Just like here in, in this material world, a tree is meant for delivering a particular fruit or flower, but desire tree means whatever you desire you get immediately delivered from the tree
- When I left my home for your country in 1965 alone, the government would not allow me to take any money. I had only a few book and forty rupees, Indian forty rupees
- When Jesus Christ also preached God consciousness, only a few followers were there, and still, he had to sacrifice his life. But he was never disappointed. That should be attitude of the preacher. People may accept it or not accept it, we should go on
- When Krsna consciousness will be perfect, you'll be transferred from this planet, or from this material world, to the spiritual world, and you'll talk with Krsna just (as) you are talking with me
- When there is flat grass cushion, why should you ask for bedding? When you have got natural pillow, this hand, why you ask for a pillow? Then when there is river, so much water, why do you stock water?
- When your spiritual master was a little boy, did he do things like Lord Caitanya did like when He went to the water and all girls were asking for...?
- Who has created this country, this vast land, the sky, the sea, the ocean? I have not created. So how can I claim that this is mine? I have come empty-handed from the womb of my mother, and I shall go empty-handed
- Will we know Krsna as well by thinking always how can we spread this Krsna consciousness? ... As much as if you study thoroughly the Vedas?
- You can accept sannyasa even from Mayavadi. It doesn't matter. But you have to transcend the limits of Vedic rules. That is Krsna consciousness
- You can violate the laws only on the direct order of Krsna or His representative. That's all. That is common sense. Just like a political person is engaged to kill somebody under superior order. And if he can kill, he is rewarded, he is given high post
- You were to ship the cases of books and musical instruments on the 11th of January, 1968, but I have heard nothing from you until now. Kindly enlighten me on this matter immediately as I am anxious to know this matter
- You'll simply hankering after, but there will be no satisfaction. Therefore Narottama says, visaya-visanale. Visaya means these material demands, eating, sleeping, mating, these are called visaya. They are just like poison, fire. So everyone is burning
- Your starting London yatra is very nice, beginning. Now you practice, all