Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:1966 Pages Needing Audio
All these pages are from lectures that are not yet released by the Bhaktivedanta Archives, as soon as th Bhaktivedanta Archives releases them we will place them into Vaniquotes.
- Pages listed under '0' are 'one quote pages' being processed.
- Pages listed under 'A-Z' are 'one quote pages' that are yet to be processed.
- Multi-quote pages are listed under '1-9' indicating for each, how many audio file are missing.
- Pages grouped under symbols mean there is more than one page with the exact audio and are yet to be processed.
Pages in category "1966 Pages Needing Audio"
The following 167 pages are in this category, out of 167 total.
- A man with defect in knowledge cannot impart instructions. Therefore the whole Vedic process is parampara system. Parampara system means that I cannot deviate. I cannot make any interpretation
- A mercantile man, he is doing some business and working very hard day and night to accumulate some money, similarly, a devotee of the Lord also can earn money in the same spirit, working day and night. Superficially it will appear just like this man
- A person who does not approach God, but regularly makes his duties perfectly, what does he get? What does he get, religious? He does not get any benefit of his life
- A small child, when he begins to walk, he requires the help of his elder brother or sister or father or mother to catch, and one step, one step, one step, one step... But when he begins to walk independently, then he doesn't require any help
- Acarya's disciple becomes acarya when he assimilates the knowledge received from bona fide acarya. So he becomes bona fide to act as an acarya. Acarya means one who has become a rigid disciple of his acarya
- Actually, the intelligent person who knows his real position, his constitutional position, and his relationship with Krsna, then he takes directly this Krsna consciousness
- Actually, we are not independent. If I think I am independent of Krsna, then I am dependent on the influence of material nature. Just like, if I think that I am independent of government regulations, then I become dependent of the police force
- Although Krsna was a boy, He implored his father and other elderly gentlemen present there that "There is no need of performing this sacrifice." So they stopped sacrifice. As a result of this, Indra became very much angry, and there was torrents of rain
- Always, twenty-four hours, cent percent, he will be absorbed in Krsna and at the time of death at once transferred there. This should be the process of life. Therefore we have taken this movement, Krsna consciousness. Join us. Cooperate with us
- Anyone who is fully in Krsna consciousness without any consideration, then everything is taken care by Krsna. This assurance is given. But if you don't believe in that assurance, if you don't believe in Krsna, that is a different thing
- Arjuna and Krsna was of the same age, but Arjuna looks older; Krsna looks younger. And Krsna at that time had great-grandchildren. His grandchildren & His grandchildren's children were present at that time. The whole family extended to about ten millions
- At that time the Bengal was being ruled by the Mohammedans, Pathans, and their entrusted ministers were these Rupa and Sanatana. They were converted into practically Mohammedan
- At the present moment we are in subtraction - God minus myself. I have no sense of God; therefore I am in minus condition. So yoga means God plus I. That is the real meaning of yoga. So long I was God-minus, now God-plus
- Battle of Kuruksetra was performed in a place which is called dharma-ksetra. So sometimes war is also performed in terms of religiosity. That is prescribed. That is required
- Because God is everywhere. So He's also in statue. God is everywhere. How can you say that He's not in statue? He's also in statue. So it is my devotion, it is my qualification, that I can induce that statue to speak with me
- Because God is sac-cid-ananda-vigraha (BS 5.1) - He's all-pleasure - therefore, without many, there is no pleasure. Just like here I sit down the whole day alone, but I become more active and more pleasing when you come
- Because the water has become black, it does not mean the liquidity is lost. Similarly, because we are now in contact with material designation, our services atti..., service attitude is not lost. That is there. But it is being rendered in a different way
- Because they (Rupa & Sanatana Gosvami) engaged themselves in the service of the Muhammadan ruler, they were, I mean to say, extricated from the brahmana society
- Because you are also part and parcel of Krsna, therefore you have got the quality of independence, to make your choice whether to be under the influence of this inferior nature or to become under the influence of superior nature
- Brahma is a living being, jiva-tattva. He is not Visnu-tattva. Just see how much a living being can be powerful. Now, Brahma was created by this Garbhodakasayi Visnu, and Brahma in his turn, he created all these planetary systems
- Brahma, although he is very powerful, he is known as creator of this universe, but he is just like diamond. He inherits power from the Supreme Lord, so he becomes powerful
- By advancement of civilization they have learned this art, to refuse God. They want to make their economic problem solved by themselves
- By nature I am active. By nature, because I am spirit, and by nature I am active. And my activities are exhibited even I am contaminated with this matter. And when you become purified from matter, do you think you shall be silent?
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu appeared to introduce this system of Hare Krsna mantra, chanting of the holy name of God, and He appointed this Haridasa Thakura, who happened to be a Muhammadan
- Chindanti means cut. Now, for cutting something we require some sharpened instrument. But here, to cut off the mind from attachment, it requires sharpened ukti. Ukti means words. Sharpened topics
- Crying, his wife informed him, "Lord Nityananda has cursed our sons to die because His quarters have not been provided"
- Day and night we have got work for Krsna consciousness. And we are happy to execute such work
- Desire cannot be completely absent because I am living entity. So my desire should be not to forget Krsna. That's all, that one desire. That is real desire. All other desires, they are foolish. We cannot be desireless, but we should desire only bona fide
- Do act on behalf of the Supreme Lord. And if you are steady in that position, then your working in spiritual platform is successful
- Either the seeker of the Brahman, either the seeker of the supreme soul, Supersoul, or the seeker of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, they are all transcendentalists. They are not in the material world. They are tattva-vit
- Either you say Krsna or you say Superconsciousness. Superconsciousness is impersonal conception of Krsna, & Krsna is personal conception of Superconsciousness. Because Krsna means He's not only superconscious, but He's supreme bliss and supreme knowledge
- Every work which you are doing, good or bad, we have to suffer or enjoy the reaction of our work. And so long we have to suffer or enjoy the reaction of our work, as long as we shall go on like this, so long we have to accept this material body
- Everyone busy, but when one is busy in such a work that leads to devotional service of the Lord, that busyness, that occupation, is the supermost. That occupation is the supermost
- Everyone is open to become a harijana, but not by rubber stamp but by training. That training is required. People are avoiding the training and simply speculating in the mind, foolishness. How the world can improve? There must be training
- First of all you have to select who can be your spiritual master. That requires some knowledge. Or you have to behave with a person to understand, "Whether he is fit to become my spiritual master?" Then you should offer yourself to be a student
- From spiritual, you may draw as much as you can, but it always full. That is the spiritual idea. So God is so full. He's paripurna, purna. So even God comes out of God, still, God is there. That is incarnation
- He (God) is not under my restriction. Then how God is great? If I put God under my restricted knowledge or limited knowledge, then God becomes under my understanding. But the Vedic language says, avan manasa-gocarah. He's beyond the expression of words
- He (Lord Caitanya) never advertises Himself that He is avatara. But experienced munis, those who are liberated souls, those who are expert in Vedic knowledge, they understand that this is avatara, or incarnation
- He asks permission, "Swamiji, can I smoke?" He's being predominated. He does not know. He's thinking that "I am smoking," but he does not know that smoking is eating him. He's thinking that "I am enjoying LSD," but LSD is killing him
- He said, "My dear King, please hear one uncommon item of news. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu wants to leave Jagannatha Puri and go to Alalanatha"
- I am a sannyasi. I am forbidden to make any association with women. I cannot talk even with woman in a lonely place. That is forbidden. I give you one practical example. When my Guru Maharaja, my spiritual master, was living...
- I am cooking my foodstuff, and I am offering to Krsna, and I am taking, and as far as possible, some of the remnants is distributed to the devotees. So this process we can adopt, everyone, because we have to maintain this body
- I am old man. If some of you at least understand this science and take up this science, you become future hope of this country or the world. That is my request to you, that you should take this chance and become a spiritual master for all the people
- I am saying this from my practical experience from my Guru Maharaja, from my spiritual master. He would never say that "I am going," "I am doing," no. "If Krsna desires, then I shall do it." "If Krsna desires, then I shall go." Like that
- I am speaking to you Bhagavad-gita, just learning from my spiritual master. So I have to learn it, but when Krsna spoke, He had not to learn it
- I do not know whether I am authority, but my spiritual master has authorized me to do this
- I do not think myself an authority. I am just to serve the order of my spiritual master
- I have given up my wife and children for this purpose. If I am engaged in family life, then I cannot do this missionary work. I have taken absolute shelter to this work without any disturbance
- I have to get myself out of the entanglement of this material nature. If I act in that way, then I am my friend. But even after getting this opportunity, if I do not act in that way, then I am my enemy. So I am myself friend, my friend, and I am my enemy
- I have to propagate this mission, Krsna consciousness, so I am not so much attached to the rules and regulations, but I am attached to the preaching work
- I thought to myself, "Oh, I have done this wrong. I should not have sat with His Divine Grace." So of course, I did not get down immediately, but I took it, and from next day I did not sit. So rules and regulations automatically was taught
- I was invited in Butler, here also, by some churches, and they wanted to give me some food. So they asked me, "Swamiji, what do you desire to eat?" So I told them, "I eat... I am strictly vegetarian. I shall accept fruits and milk. That's all"
- If one is simply sticking up to the system without seeing "How much progress I am making in my life?" then that is waste of time. That is called niyamagraha, simply observing the rules
- If one surrenders fully unto Krsna - Krsna is Mukunda - then he is no longer any more indebted to all these obligations. He is immune. At one stroke he becomes liquidated from all obligation
- If there is no engagement, good engagement, better engagement, then it is a cause of misery. It is a cause of misery. It is very difficult
- If we are progressive, if we are advanced in devotional service, we can see God everywhere, anywhere. We require to be qualified. Those who developed that love of God, they are constantly, twenty-four hours, seeing God
- If you adherently be always engaged in some sort of service, twenty-four hours in the service of the Supreme Lord Krsna in Krsna consciousness, there is no power in the world who can drag you into this sense gratification province
- If you don't practice, then at the time of examination, certainly you'll fail. (chuckles) If you say, "All right. I shall see in the examination hall. I shall write everything nice," that is nonsense. You have to study nicely before the examination
- If you question me that "Swamiji, why you have taken sannyasa?" You may ask that question. Yes. So I may tell you frankly that I had no desire to accept this sannyasa
- If you think that "This body is required for acting, for working on behalf of the Supreme Lord; therefore I must keep the body fit to work" - that is not your identification with the body
- If you want to know about me, then you must know from me. That is authentic. That is authentic. Or from a confidential person who is confidence of me. Similarly, if you want to know Krsna, then here is Bhagavad-gita, spoken by Krsna
- In His svayam-rupa, in His personal feature, He always remains at Vrndavana, and He is just like a cowherd boy. That is His real feature, Krsna. The Krsna in the battlefield of Kuruksetra, that is not the real feature of Krsna
- In India still the system is a householder keeps at least, in the village, at least ten to twelve cows. But he hasn't got to pay anything for keeping these. The cows go to the pasturing ground and in the evening comes back
- In military art there is a word, "direct action," this is the spiritual direct action, this Hare Krsna. But because it is very simple, sometimes those who think themselves as very intelligent & advanced, they think, "Oh, what they are doing, Hare Krsna?
- In our childhood, when I was a boy of eight or ten years, sometimes I used to accompany my father. My father was a great devotee. He would take prasadam from the temple
- In our living condition, if we prepare for the examination at the time of death and we pass the examination, then we are transferred to the spiritual world. So prayana-kale. The whole thing is examined at the time of death
- In the Absolute world the fool is also the master and the master is also a fool in reciprocal exchange of dealings. Lord Caitanya also accepted Himself a great fool before His spiritual master and all of us must follow the transcendental process
- In the Laghu-bhagavatamrtam it is defined that these saktyavesa avatara, they are all living entities; they are not on the level of Visnu-tattva. But they have special power and special, I mean to say, opulence to glorify the Supreme Lord
- In the material platform, if you serve somebody, you will find tired, satiated. You won't like. But if you engage yourself in the service of Krsna, you'll find yourself more energetic. You'll like to serve more and more. That is the test
- In the prison house sometimes the head of the country goes to visit, to see, to inspect how the prison life is going on or to give them some instruction, some good lesson, that "Why you are rotting in prison? You become good citizen"
- In the spiritual absolute identity, one minus one equal to one and one plus one equal to one. So although innumerable energies are coming out of the supreme body of the Supreme Lord, still He is full. There is no loss of energy
- In the spiritual world there is no darkness. So if anyone is desirous of inquiring about the spiritual world, then he requires to find out a spiritual master. Otherwise there is no necessity
- Indeed, the car began to move automatically, and the devotees simply carried the ropes in their hands. Since it was moving effortlessly, they did not need to pull it
- Industry does not mean really economic improvement. Real economic improvement means what you produce from the land. That requires God help. Without raw materials, even your industry cannot go on
- It is also explained that the Paramatma, or the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is living in everyone's heart as isvara, as the controller and He is giving direction
- It is clearly written there that "This time he will go across the sea." Just see. The circumstances became so that I have come. So astrology is so nice
- It is not ordinary war (Kuruksetra) . And it was performed in a place which is called dharma-ksetra. So sometimes war is also performed in terms of religiosity. That is prescribed. That is required
- Just like here is statue of Krsna. He's not different from Krsna. The original person Krsna and this statue of Krsna is the same. Similarly, a spiritually perfect person and his photograph is the same. Because it is in the absolute stage
- Just like I am speaking here. This vibration is being recorded all over the universe, this sound vibration
- Just like matriculation examination, school-leaving examination, then you enter into college, and then get your graduate, become a graduate, and then post-graduate, so the Bhagavad-gita is just entrance examination for spiritual education
- Just like sometimes some of us becomes crazy and he goes to the lunatic asylum, similarly, those who become crazy, such spiritual identities, they are put into this lunatic asylum. It is called material world. This is a sort of lunatic asylum
- Just like the sun is covered by the glaring disk. You will find if you look into the sun disk you will find one circle is moving like that. Similarly, in the Upanisad also, we find that the Supreme Lord is hidden within the brahma-jyotir
- Just like we become devoted, similarly, God also becomes devoted to us. You don't think that one-sided devotion. No. Just like love is never one-sided. Love is reciprocation
- Just try to think over: "What Bhagavad-gita says? How Swamiji has discussed this matter?" Apply your arguments. Apply your logic. Don't take it as a sentiment or as a blind faith
- Krsna is instructing Arjuna, and we have to understand how Arjuna has understood Krsna. And if we follow the understanding of Arjuna, then we are following the parampara system, or the disciplic succession
- Krsna is sitting within your heart. Krsna is acting as your spiritual master, caitya-guru. Caitya-guru. Caitya-guru means the guru, or the spiritual master, who is sitting in my heart, citta
- Learned man does not lament over a dead body or a living body
- Life is going on. "I have become befooled, so I don't want that my son will be intelligent. Let him become befooled. Let him become befooled." This is called punah punas carvita-carvananam (SB 7.5.30), repeatedly chewing the chewed
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "Now I have come to understand the truth of the loving affairs between Radha and Krsna. Nonetheless, I still want to hear how both of Them gloriously enjoy such love"
- Mahatma means "great," "expanding, expanded." Ha. So one who becomes a devotee of the Lord, automatically he becomes expanded. Therefore mahatma means one whose heart is expanded
- Manifestation of the superior energy is always constant, present in the Supreme Personality of Godhead. And manifestation of the inferior energy, that is not always present. It is sometimes manifested, sometimes not manifested
- Modern education is teaching lowest of the mankind. And if some of the students are taught to become highest of the mankind, their guardians become disturbed: "Oh, my son is going to be highest of the mankind? Swamiji, you are playing dangerous things"
- My point is that war is not the only disturbing principle. There are many other disturbing principles. So we have to make a wholesale solution of all principles
- My spiritual master, he would never say that "I am going," "I am doing," no. "If Krsna desires, then I shall do it." "If Krsna desires, then I shall go." Like that. Always depending on Krsna. This is called visuddhatma
- Offer something. Just be in love with Him. Then just see how much peaceful you feel. How much tranquility you feel and how you are protected by Krsna, how you avoid insufficiency, how you become pure and how you make your progress in spiritual life
- One who is pure devotee, he does not pray to God for any personal interest. Even if he is distressed, he says, "O Lord, it is Your kindness. You have put me in distress just to rectify me"
- One who takes to spiritual culture, for them, this place is unfit. Unfit. My Guru Maharaja used to say that "This place is not fit for any gentleman's living"
- Ordinary work is karma. And when it is added with yoga, that means spiritualized work. Yoga. Yoga means spiritual perfection or linking up with the Supreme. So karma and karma-yoga, there is gulf of difference
- Our duty is to rise early in the morning and open the door of God's room
- Our Guru Maharaja, when we offered obeisances, he used to return me, daso 'smi: "I am your servant"
- Out of three transcendental propensities of the Supreme Lord, iccha-sakti, jnana-sakti and kriya-sakti, the kriya-sakti, that is represented by, or the controller of the kriya-sakti is, Sankarsana, Balarama
- Pasturing ground for the cows - the grass is produced by rains, and the animals, they eat the grass, and they produce milk. You require milk. So everything, the main source of supply is the rainfall from the sky
- People are suffering due to Godlessness, and, if you want to serve the people, your society, your country, the whole human society, then try yourself, try your best, you just rise up to the occasion of becoming Krsna conscious
- Persons who have no knowledge in the affairs of this material world, they think that "This material nature is working, and automatically, by magic, the sun is coming out, the moon is coming out, and the season is changing"
- Pranipatena, pariprasnena and sevaya. What is pranipata? Pranipata means surrender. Surrender. You must select a person where you can surrender yourself because nobody likes to surrender to anyone
- Process of eating or your process of securing ingredients for eating, or your cooking, nothing is stopped. Only, only thing is required that instead of cooking for yourself for the satisfaction of your tongue, you please cook it for satisfaction of Krsna
- Ramanuja-sampradaya - that means followers of Acarya Ramanuja; Madhvacarya-sampradaya, or the followers of Madhvacarya; Nimbarka-sampradaya, followers of Nimbarka Acarya; and Visnu Svami-sampradaya. Their conclusion is the same
- Rupa Gosvami made two verses for our guidance
- Rupa Gosvami replied, "Sanatana has now been arrested by the government of Hussain Shah. If You kindly save him, he can be liberated from that entanglement"
- Simply we are teaching that "Become God conscious." God is neither Hindu nor Muslim nor Christian. He's God. And we are also not Hindu or Muslim or Christian. This is our bodily designation. We are all pure, part and parcel of the Supreme
- So as the woman or the child requires the protection of somebody, similarly, by nature we are under the protection of some leader. But that supreme leadership is vested in the Supreme Lord
- So even by failure, they would get some title and allowed to practice as medical man. But that does not mean that we may try to fail also. No. The aim should be to become successful, not to fail, not to fail
- Suppose if I say that "I narrated, I gave a speech in the sun planet and forty millions of years before," you'll laugh: "Oh, Swamiji's speaking some nonsense, that forty millions of years before he spoke this Bhagavad-gita in the sun planet"
- Take the example of a dead man. The senses, the hands, the nose, the sense organs, and everything is there, but now he cannot enjoy. The dead body, it cannot enjoy. Why? This requires intelligence
- That consciousness, transferring the present self-interested consciousness to Krsna consciousness, requires knowledge. Requires knowledge. And what is that knowledge? That knowledge is that, "I am part and parcel of Krsna. I'm not different from Krsna"
- That is the subtle mystery of transmigration of the soul from one body to another. Now, if this, this life we purify just like rose, then next life we shall get a body which is full of flavor
- That should be the motto of our life, that "I shall not do anything for my sense satisfaction, but I shall do everything for the satisfaction of the Supreme"
- The hunter then admitted that he was convinced of his sinful activity, and he said, 'I have been taught this business from my very childhood. Now I am wondering how I can become freed from these unlimited volumes of sinful activity'
- The jivatma, the living entity, is eternally servitor of Krsna, and one should understand the nature of his master so that his service attitude, his affection, may be more intimate
- The sun planet is predominated by fire. There are living entities also, and there is one principal living entity who is called the sun-god, Surya Narayana. Or, in the language of the Bhagavad-gita, he is called Vivasvan
- The sun ray is a small molecular, glazing atom, the sun ray. You have got experience of sun ray, but what is the sun ray? It is not homogeneous. It is heterogeneous. When you can analyze the sun ray, you'll find small particles of molecules
- The symptom of mahatma is that he knows that the Supreme Lord, Sri Krsna, is the original Personality of Godhead, and He is the fountainhead and source of all emanation
- The whole process is to concentrate upon the visnu-murti, Visnu form, within the heart. And unless there is pleasure, there is no enjoyment, what is the use of controlling the senses and focusing the mind on the Supreme Supersoul within the heart?
- The whole process of sacrifice, either by yoga system or by jnana system or by observing the rules and regulation of the social system, everything is meant for reaching to that point. What is that? To surrender unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- There is no botheration for securing a piece of leaf, a piece of flower or a little water or a piece of fruit. Any poor man, any rich man, can secure. And the Lord says "Anyone who offers Me these four things with devotion, with love, I accept them"
- These material senses are very limited. So it is not possible to understand God, or Krsna, by speculating our mind. Mind is the center of all senses. So senses help mind gathers knowledge. So it is not possible. Because our senses are all imperfect
- This age of Kali, we are condemning so much. But even the demigods, they, I mean to say, highly eulogize this Kali-yuga. Why? Oh, here is a great opportunity. Simply by chanting Hare Krsna, simply by this sankirtana movement, all interest is served
- This is the middle meaning. Now please hear the confidential meaning. Lord Krsna has three places of residence, which are well known from the revealed scriptures
- This is the nature of loving emotion of a devotee, that he sometimes laughs, sometimes dances, sometimes cries
- This knowledge, we have to acquire, that "We have got the greatest powerful friend in Krsna, and He is with me." This is knowledge. Just like when you chant Krsna, Hare Krsna, actually the fact is Krsna is dancing on your tongue by sound vibration
- This life should be utilized. Now we are conscious, Krsna conscious. It should be so utilized that no more coming back to United States of America and no more coming back of this condemned earthly planet. That should be the aim
- This transcendental sound, Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, you don't think that I have come here, it is my personal manufacture. It is not. It is authorized
- Those who want to see God or the Supreme Absolute Truth by the agency of their imperfect senses, they say that God is impersonal. They're imperfect. That is a realization of the imperfect senses. Perfectly, perfect vision of the Supreme Lord is a person
- Two birds are sitting on one tree. The one bird is eating the fruits, and the other bird is simply witness. So witnessing bird is the Supersoul, and the bird which is enjoying and suffering of this material contamination or attachment, that is soul
- Vasudeva, according to the symbolic representation of the hands
- Vyasadeva wrote those Vedic traditions into books. Vyasadeva is the first man who wrote this Vedic knowledge into writing. Before that, there was no writing. Only by hearing, by memory, the students will grasp the whole thing and coming down, tradition
- We always glorify him after our kirtana, "Haridasa Thakura ki jaya"
- We are consciousness. Now, some way or other, we are in contact with this matter. Therefore our freedom is checked. As spiritual beings, we are free, free to act, free to have anything, pure, no contamination, no disease, no birth, no death, no old age
- We are embarrassed with the material miseries of life. That has not been solved. The major questions have been set aside. Simply by thinking that "There is no God. We are God. Science is everything," oh, do you think that is advancement of knowledge? No
- We are now encumbered with this material body, and as soon as we become free from this material conception of life, that is called mukti. That is called brahma-bhuta
- We are weak, and the material energy is very strong, so to adopt spiritual life is more or less declare war against the material energy. The material, the illusory energy, she is trying to curb this conditioned soul as far as possible
- We discuss this Bhagavad-gita only for understanding that we are not blindly following a principle. It is a science. It is based on philosophy and science. But we have made the process easy, that's all, by following great stalwart personalities
- We have got cheating propensity, we are prone to commit mistake, and we accept illusory things. These four principles of imperfect is in the conditioned soul. But who is liberated soul or who is God, they are not under these conditions
- We have got this nice body, human form of life, with an advanced consciousness. Just merge it into Krsna consciousness and be happy. This is the sum and substance of this movement
- We have no practical economic problem. God is maintaining everyone. The production which is being made all over the world, that is sufficient to provide all the population of the world. That is God's arrangement
- We have to understand that this human life is not meant for the animal propensities of life like cats and dog; it is meant for some other divine purpose. We have to get rid of this material encagement and attain our spiritual life and be happy forever
- We require hundreds and thousands of spiritual masters who have understood this Krsna science and preach all over the world
- We require to undergo some sort of penances. That penance is that engage our senses not in the process of sense gratification but in the process of serving the Supreme Lord, dovetailing, dovetailing our independence
- We should always think that we are in the modes of ignorance. We are just trying to make progress from ignorance to goodness and then transcend. This is the process of spiritual realization. Nobody should think that we are perfect
- We should be in love of God, means "Oh, God has supplied us so many things." Why not? Therefore pure devotees, they like to supply God. They want to become order-supplier of God, not to make God as order-supplier. What God wants?
- We take economic development as the most important thing, forgetting that how long I shall live here in this material world? So fifty or sixty or hundred years. So economic development or no economic development, my life will be finished
- What is happiness? Happiness is within your mind. If you are assured of your peaceful existence and the next life you are transferred to the supreme planet, or supreme place, then that is happiness
- When a sadhu or a person saint speaks to his student, he does not make, does not show any mercy. He speaks the truth so that his mind may be cut off from the unreal attachment
- When discussions take place between pure devotees, then the potency of spiritual knowledge, as they are depicted in the scriptures and sacred books, they become revealed
- When government employs some police force, some military force, that does not means impious. That is required. Similarly, fighting or violence is not always impious. But a responsible person, he does not take violence unnecessarily
- When he would speak, that Gaura Kisora dasa Babaji Maharaja (that guru who was completely illiterate), he would speak with all Vedic references
- When we passed through the sea on the ship, although we are on the sea, quite safe, still, when there is some storm, when there is some disturbance on the ocean, we also become very much disturbed, because that situation is foreign to us
- When you are in perfect knowledge, you can see God eye to eye just like you are seeing me, I am seeing you. But that requires qualification
- Without faith we cannot step forward even in our daily life. If we have got faith in ordinary dealings, don't you think that we must have very good faith when we are making progress in spiritual line? But faith should not be blind. Blind faith is useless
- You can spoil your energy for making this material world very comfortable or you may live for some years very comfortably, but cruel death will come and snatch from comfortable position and put you into another position which is beyond your control
- You have to realize that Krsna is there, and you have to purify yourself by service attitude. Then Krsna will reveal. You will see, eye to eye
- You have to test yourself, out of the twenty-six qualities, how much I have developed
- You know the radio message, how it is transmitted in the modern world. Similarly, as I am speaking, so whatever I am doing, that is immediately recorded and there will be some reaction
- You know your President Kennedy. He was going in a procession, and the time came, and he had to leave everything at once, at once, without any hesitation. You cannot hesitate. So we are in the grip of the material nature
- You may have a very good spiritual master, but if you have no power to inquire, then you cannot make progress. Inquiries must be there
- You must try to utilize the whole thing for the purpose of Krsna because everything belongs to Krsna. That is your duty