Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
zodiac | zodiacal
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Zodiac"
The following 16 pages are in this category, out of 16 total.
- Situated 1,600,000 miles above Jupiter, or 12,000,000 miles above earth, is the planet Saturn, which passes through one sign of the zodiac in thirty months and covers the entire zodiac circle in thirty Anuvatsaras
- Situated 1,600,000 miles above Mars, or 10,400,000 miles above earth, is the planet Jupiter, which travels through one sign of the zodiac within the period of a Parivatsara
- The first day when the sun begins to move north and enter the zodiacal sign of Capricorn is called Makara-sankranti
- The first day when the sun begins to move north and enter the zodiacal sign of Capricorn is called Makara-sankranti, and the first day when the sun begins to move south and enter the sign of Cancer is called Karkata-sankranti
- The sun and planets, however, are seen in different signs and constellations at different times. This indicates that their motion is different from that of the zodiac and the wheel of time itself
- The sun moves across the zodiac day and night and crosses the oceans between the seven islands one after the other
- The supremely powerful sun-god travels around Dhruvaloka with both Dhruvaloka and Mount Sumeru on his right. Yet at the same time the sun-god faces the signs of the zodiac and keeps Sumeru and Dhruvaloka on his left
- Thereupon, when all the good signs of the zodiac gradually evolved, the heir apparent of Pandu (Pariksit), who would be exactly like him in prowess, took birth