Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
- VedaBase query: "welfare" not "welfare activity" not "welfare activities"
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Welfare"
The following 134 pages are in this category, out of 134 total.
- A devotee of the Lord always looks to the welfare of all living entities, and in this way he is factually the friend of everyone. He is the best yogi because he does not desire perfection in yoga for his personal benefit, but tries for others also
- A king should protect brahminical culture and should be very alert to the welfare of his citizens; he should not be greedy due to attachment to material enjoyment
- A loving, chaste wife and loving husband desire all welfare for each other in separation and do not care for personal happiness. Desiring only each other's well-being, such a pair certainly meet again without delay
- A person who is always engaged in auspicious welfare activities for everyone is known as all-auspicious
- Akrura continued, "Even if you (Dhrtarastra) treat them (the Pandavas) not as the owners of the throne but as your subjects, you should impartially think of their welfare as though they were your own sons"
- All the members of the Krsna consciousness movement should try to benefit the conditioned souls by inducing them to become Krsna conscious and giving them all facilities to do so. Such activities constitute real welfare work
- All those who met Akrura, known also as the son of Gandini, were very much pleased to receive him and inquire about the welfare of their respective relatives
- Although Vasudeva saw the imminent danger that his wife Devaki would be killed, he was convinced of his welfare because at his birth the demigods had played drums and kettledrums
- An executive head should not be callous to the welfare of the general mass of people while he simply goes on collecting taxes
- Anyone who comes to me for my help or wants advance in Krishna Consciousness, and whom I initiate and accept as my disciple, I must pray for him and his welfare always
- As soon as He (Krsna) approached the gopis, the Lord smiled, and after embracing them and inquiring about their welfare, He began to encourage them, saying
- As watering the root of a tree immediately distributes water to every part of the tree, so an offering made to Krsna, or any action done for Krsna, is to be considered the highest welfare work for everyone
- Before asking me, if you give me, "I think you may require a glass of water," that is friendship. Friendship means feeling friend's welfare always. Suhrt. Friendship is not simply chatting. Friendship means thinking, "How my friend will be happy?"
- Before King Vena was enthroned, all the great sages were very much anxious to see to the welfare of society. When they saw that King Vena was most irresponsible, cruel and atrocious, they again began to think of the welfare of the people
- Bhajananandi is interested for his own welfare, or they think it that he is not competent enough to preach; therefore he does not go for preaching work. Sva-vimukti-kama: "Let me look after my own affairs." "Oil your own machine"
- Brahmana's business is dana-pratigraha. He will collect. Brahmana has the right to collect from his disciples, spiritual master. But he will distribute it. Dana-pratigraha. He will be also a man charitably disposed, spending that money for public welfare
- By this, it is clear that a devotee of the Lord in Krsna consciousness should not be satisfied simply by his own advancement in devotional service; he must be willing to work for the welfare of all others
- Demigods or devotees, however, are concerned with the welfare of all living beings. Srila Rupa Gosvami, for example, left his ministership and went to Vrndavana for the benefit of the entire world
- Due to the shortcomings of limited national activities, such a general mass welfare program (in the form of the United Nations) for the whole world is not practically possible
- Due to unalloyed love and devotion for the Lord, the devotees always see Him within themselves, and the Lord also, although He has nothing to do and nothing to aspire to, is always busy in attending to the welfare of His devotees
- First Lord Balarama inquired from them (the cowherd men and boys, the gopis, and King Nanda and Yasoda) about their welfare, and then, since they had not seen Him for such a long time, they began to ask Him different questions
- Friendship means feeling friend's welfare always. Suhrt. Friendship is not simply chatting
- He (Akrura) was offered a good seat at his receptions, and he in turn inquired all about the welfare and activities of his relatives
- His only business is to acquire money. He is collecting money like anything and is not contributing to the society. So what can I do? I did not say anything to him. I am simply praying to Krishna for his welfare
- I am glad that you are appreciating this Krsna consciousness movement which is meant for the welfare of all living entities in the universe. Our philosophy is that there cannot be happiness or peace unless everyone serves the Supreme Lord
- I thank you once more for your noble sentiments about me and I can simply say that for this nice attitude Krishna will certainly help you. I am fully aware of your sincere service and therefore I pray always to Krishna for your all-round welfare
- If the Krsna consciousness movement spreads all over the world, and if by the grace of Krsna everyone accepts it, the thinking of envious people will change. Everyone will think of the welfare of others
- If you are actually reasonable, you'll understand that this Krsna consciousness movement is the sublime movement for the welfare of the whole human society. That's a fact. Anyone may come. We are prepared to discuss this subject matter
- In contrast to the principles of the kings of old, the modern state is concerned only with propaganda for levying taxes and is no longer responsible for the spiritual welfare of the citizens
- In subduing others, in joking, in responding to danger, in acting for the welfare of others, and so on, one could refuse to fulfill one's promise, and there would be no fault. By this philosophy, Sukracarya tried to dissuade Bali Maharaja from giving land
- In that role He (Krsna) performed many sacrifices just to teach the royal order how to live in the material world for the welfare of humanity
- In the beginning of the Treta-yuga the sun-god instructed devotional service to Manu, and Manu in his turn instructed it to Iksvaku for the welfare of the whole human society
- In Vedic culture, the welfare of the cows and the welfare of the brahmanas are essential. Without a proper arrangement for developing brahminical culture and protecting cows, all the affairs of administration will go to hell
- It is also significant that Vasudeva inquired about the welfare of Nanda Maharaja's animals. The animals, and especially the cows, were protected exactly in the manner of one's children
- It is not that Lord Visnu was afraid of Hiranyakasipu; rather, because of compassion, Lord Visnu was in anxiety about how to act for his welfare
- It is our only intention to spread this sublime philosophy to all the persons of the world for the complete welfare benefit, both spiritual and material of everyone of them
- It is very good that you are feeling so much responsibility for the welfare of Their Lordships, and I hope that you will very enthusiastically engage yourself in tending to Their needs
- It should be understood that sages, saintly persons and devotees are not unconcerned with the people's welfare
- Kaliya's wives said, "We know that Your (Krsna's) punishment for Your enemies and Your dealings with Your sons are both the same. We know that it is in thinking of the future welfare of this condemned creature that You have chastised him"
- Kasyapa thus addressed his wife (Diti), who was trembling because of fear that her husband was offended. She understood that he had been dissuaded from his daily duties of offering evening prayers, yet she desired the welfare of her children in the world
- Krsna addressed the inhabitants of Vrndavana, "My dear Stoka Krsna, Varuthapa, Bhadrasena, Sudama, Subala, Arjuna, Visala, and Rsabha - just look at these most fortunate trees of Vrndavana. They have dedicated their lives to the welfare of others"
- Krsna replied, "Do not beget children out of sense gratification, but simply take charge of the welfare of the people in general"
- Krsna said, "They (the trees of Vrndavana) are like a noble person who has sacrificed everything possible - his body, mind, activities, intelligence and words - for the welfare of all living entities"
- Krsna stated that He was very sorry that His maternal uncle Kamsa was the head of the kingdom; He said that Kamsa was the greatest anomaly in the whole system of government and that they could not expect any welfare for the citizens while he ruled
- Krsna used to give cows in charity to the brahmanas, with opulent decorations and paraphernalia. Then, wishing for the welfare of all living entities, He would touch auspicious articles such as milk, honey, ghee (clarified butter), gold, jewels and fire
- Lord Krsna is generally known as go-brahmana-hitaya ca, which means that His first duty is to see to the welfare of the cows and the brahmanas
- Lord Krsna said, "They (neophytes) cannot take advantage of receiving these sages by seeing them with their eyes, by touching their lotus feet, by inquiring about their welfare or by diligently worshiping them"
- Materialistic persons generally worship the transient material body and forget the welfare of the spirit soul within the body. Some take shelter of materialistic science to improve bodily comforts
- May there be good fortune throughout the universe, and may all envious persons be pacified. May all living entities become calm by practicing bhakti-yoga, for by accepting devotional service they will think of each other's welfare
- Narada said, "My dear sages, it is not very difficult to understand that because of his great goodness and simplicity, Vasudeva, who has become the father of the PG by accepting Krsna as his son, is inclined to ask us about his welfare"
- None should consider Vasudeva Datta a mundane philanthropist or welfare worker. Nor was he interested in merging into Brahman or in gaining material honor or reputation. He was far, far above philanthropists, philosophers and fruitive actors
- Nonviolence, truthfulness, honesty, desire for the happiness and welfare of all others and freedom from lust, anger and greed constitute duties for all members of society
- On seeing the two demigods (Nalakuvara and Manigriva) so degraded by intoxication, Narada desired their welfare, and therefore he exhibited his causeless mercy upon them by cursing them
- Our mission is very big. The best welfare work. Other welfare activities, they keep them as go-khara, and promises all sorts of big, big promises. No, we do not say
- Political adjustments, social welfare work, medical assistance and the other programs we have manufactured for peace and happiness will never endure
- Prahlada Maharaja did not ask for anything for himself; rather, he prayed for the Lord to excuse his demoniac father. This is the attitude of a Vaisnava, who always thinks of the welfare of the entire universe
- Previously, all the great kings and emperors expanded their kingdoms with a regard for the welfare of the people in general. Indeed, while engaged in such activities for the benefit of the general public, eminent men sometimes even sacrificed their lives
- Protection and grazing ground for the cows are among the essential needs for society and the welfare of people in general
- Prthu Maharaja was also very humble, meek and gentle, and whenever he performed any philanthropic work or welfare activity for the general public, he would labor exactly as if he were tending to his own personal necessities
- Saintly person means they should be interested with the public welfare, real public welfare. And public welfare means every citizens should be Krsna conscious, and then they will be happy both materially and spiritually
- Sama means "pacifying." Vasudeva wanted to pacify Kamsa by indicating relations, gain, welfare, identity and glorification. Reference to these five concerns constitutes sama
- Sankirtana should be done by you in the streets and at gatherings and in this manner display what is this Krsna consciousness movement and how it is for everyone's eternal welfare and happiness
- Saturn is a group of seven stars occupied by great saintly persons who are always thinking of the welfare of the entire universe. These seven stars circumambulate Dhruvaloka, which is the residence of Lord Visnu within this universe
- Serious interest in the welfare of the public makes one a bona fide acarya. An acarya does not exploit his followers. Since the acarya is a confidential servitor of the Lord, his heart is always full of compassion for humanity in its suffering
- Similarly, Krsna also inquired from His aunt about the welfare of the Pandava family. Although Kuntidevi was related to Krsna by family ties, she knew immediately after meeting Him that He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Since the Lord is all-perfect in Himself, there could not be any question of His welfare, and Maharaja Yudhisthira refrained from asking this question. He simply inquired about His residential place, Dvaraka Puri, where pious men assemble
- Since we are particles of You (Lord Krsna), what can we understand about our welfare? O Supreme Lord, please give us the means of deliverance that is suitable for the brahmanas and demigods
- Speaking of "your sister" was an appeal to identity. Speaking about killing a woman raises questions about fame and welfare, and arousing fear of the sinful act of killing one's sister during her marriage ceremony is an aspect of bheda
- The all-inclusive welfare service for the entire human society is devotional service to the Lord, and, as requested by Vidura, the sage described the same very appropriately
- The brahmanas, by their learned labor of love, would instruct the administrator-kings how to rule the country in complete righteousness, and thus the process would go on as a perfect welfare state
- The court case is very humorous, happy, and authoritative. The charge was "Chanting God's Name'' for the welfare "of mankind''
- The demigods said: Dear mother Devaki, within your womb is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, appearing along with all His plenary extensions. He is the original Personality of Godhead, appearing for our welfare
- The great sages, headed by Bhrgu, were always thinking of the welfare of the people in general
- The grhamedhis are those whose only business is to perform welfare work for the sake of material prosperity. Such material prosperity is sometimes hampered by sinful activities
- The highest truth is reality distinguished from illusion for the welfare of all. Such truth uproots the threefold miseries
- The king is to see to the welfare of the citizens from all angles of social, political, economic and spiritual upliftment
- The Krsna consciousness movement is not a fad. It is a bona fide movement intended to promote the welfare of all conditioned souls by trying to elevate everyone to the platform of Krsna consciousness
- The Krsna consciousness movement is the only hope to save the world from such devastation. It is the most scientific and authorized movement for the actual welfare of the whole human society
- The ksatriya kings were mostly staunch Vaisnavas, worshiping Lord Visnu in either the Radha-Krsna or Laksmi-Narayana form; still, for their material welfare they used to worship goddess Durga
- The Lord has no business in this world, but when He is so requested by devotees like Brahma, He descends on the earth for the welfare of the entire universe
- The materialist is always busy working for the welfare of the material body, not only of his own but also that of his children, kinsmen, countrymen, community men, etc
- The old system of gurukula should be revived as the perfect example of a system designed to produce great men, sober and responsible leaders, who know what is the real welfare of the citizens
- The Pandavas acted as truly chivalrous heroes, exhibited all the good qualities of ksatriyas and were very responsible princes, always thinking of the welfare of the citizens
- The politicians have very little time to think of the welfare of the citizens, whom they oppress with heavy taxes in the form of income tax, sales tax and many other taxes
- The process which you are following is very nice. Your humbleness and sincerity will make you more and more advanced in Krishna Consciousness. I shall pray to Krishna for your welfare always
- The spiritual master is the most beneficent friend, he is giving you direction from the sastra. Lokanam hita-karinau: "He is the real welfare worker for the human society"
- The supreme enjoyer of all sacrifices accepted the incarnation of a boar - the second incarnation, - and for the welfare of the earth He lifted the earth from the nether regions of the universe
- The wealth of the world should be used for the welfare of all living entities, for that is the plan of Mother Nature. Everyone has the right to live by utilizing the wealth of the Lord
- The welfare state imposes upon citizens scorching taxes - income, sales, land, terminal, and many other taxes. But in due course, when the taxes accumulate into a large sum of money, they are utilized for the welfare of the citizens in various ways
- There is great need of spreading Krsna consciousness in the human society. Those who are actually welfare workers, they should come forward and join this movement to spread it
- They (all the Yadus and the residents) thus welcomed one another and asked after one another's welfare. Ultimately, however, all their talk was only of Krsna
- They all exchanged words of reception by asking one another about their welfare, and when such formalities were finished, Balarama, in a great voice and very patiently, submitted before them (the Kurus) the following words for their consideration
- This is paropakara movement, to do welfare to others, not like cats and dogs, simply bring money and sense enjoy. This is not human life. Human life is for paropakara. People are in ignorance, without any knowledge of God
- This land of India is for the welfare of humanity, not for looting others. This is Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mission
- This statement is most significant. If the political or executive heads of the state are simply interested in themselves, they can never look after the welfare of the citizens
- Those who are beyond the dualities that arise from doubts, whose minds are engaged within, who are always busy working for the welfare of all living beings, and who are free from all sins achieve liberation in the Supreme
- Those who are devoted to the cause of the Personality of Godhead live only for the welfare, development and happiness of others. They do not live for any selfish interest
- To awaken everyone's original consciousness is the best public welfare in the whole world
- Under all these obligations, the advisory council of the king would give correct directions, and the king or executive head, being himself a qualified devotee of the Lord, would scrutinizingly follow them for the welfare of the state
- Unless people are Krsna conscious like Dhruva Maharaja, there will be no appreciable changes in government because people who hanker to attain political position by hook or by crook cannot think of the welfare of the people
- Unless you change the society, how you can make social welfare? If you keep them as it is, then where is the question of welfare?
- Vaisnava never refuses to act for everyone's welfare
- Vasudeva said: Please tell me about the welfare of Vrndavana. You have many animals - are they happy? Are they getting sufficient grass and water? Please also let me know whether the place where you are now living is undisturbed and peaceful
- Vidura asked Uddhava about the welfare of his relatives, although he already knew that they were no longer in the world. This inquiry appears to be very queer
- Vidura did not ask about the welfare of his elder brother because there was no chance of his well-being, only news of his gliding down to hell
- We are not social welfare worker or political worker. We are worker for Krsna
- We are performing the actual welfare work of society by informing everyone through our literatures who is God, who they are, and what is the relationship
- We invite, therefore, all kinds of serious men for the welfare of the human society to understand this great movement and if possible take part in it and cooperate with us. That will solve all the problems of the world
- We too must have performed great sacrifices in our previous lives, worshiping the S. P. of God, giving great wealth in charity & acting philanthropically for the general welfare of men. Because of such pious activities, the child is safe from all danger
- When a man sees only frustration in his expectations, he thinks, "Why am I here?" Everyone is interested in himself and his own welfare. No one is interested in the Supreme Self
- When demons become powerful, the entire world is placed in an awkward position because demons are simply interested in their own sense gratification and not in the welfare of the world
- When Krsna or God cheats, that is also for the welfare of the people
- When one inquires as to the welfare of a brahmana, the questions should be worded according to his condition of life so as not to disturb him. A peaceful mind is the basis for becoming truthful, clean, equipoised, self-controlled and tolerant
- When the taxes accumulate into a large sum of money, they are utilized for the welfare of the citizens in various ways. Nonetheless, sometimes it happens that the benefits of the taxes fall like rains on stone-hearted men in the state
- Yes, try to pick up Chayavan Swami. He seems to want to do some good for the African people but you must convince him that besides Krishna Consciousness all other so-called welfare work is simply a waste of time
- You are living by yourself because you have been hurt by seeing that the children are sometimes mistreated, and because no one has taken your good advice in this connection. But you may be assured that I am always anxious about the welfare of my disciples
- You may be assured that I am always anxious about the welfare of my disciples, so that I am taking steps to rectify this unfortunate situation