Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
victim | victimization | victimized | victimize | victimizing | victims
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Prey (19 P)
Pages in category "Victim"
The following 108 pages are in this category, out of 108 total.
- A person in Krsna consciousness knows how to use everything in the service of the Lord; therefore he does not become a victim of material consciousness
- Although Kasyapa Muni was a learned scholar and was advanced in spiritual consciousness, he nonetheless fell a victim to the inducement of his beautiful wife
- Although very enlightened, Kasyapa, the great sage, became a victim of his prostitute wife. Such is the strong force of material energy
- Any intelligent man will see that what is the value of my material knowledge? I have to die. I have to be victim of disease and old age. Then what is the value?
- Any transcendental message, any Vedic literature, unless it is presented by a self-realized devotee, it is poison. You simply misunderstand the whole thing, and you do not get the benefit. Rather, you become a victim of misunderstanding
- As moths at night surround a fire and are killed, so the demons become victims of the movements of the ball-like breasts of a beautiful woman
- As taught by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, a woman's singing is dangerous because it can make a sannyasi fall a victim to the woman
- Beautiful woman is simply a lump of matter composed of blood, stool, urine and similar other disgusting ingredients. This is the actual fact, but in a state of illusion, man becomes attracted by illusory beauty and becomes a victim of maya
- Because he has not been able to remove the sex desire from his heart, he must again indulge in the same thing and become a victim of the same disease
- Because maya is very strong, at any time one may become a victim of maya and fall down from spiritual life
- Because people have no control over the senses and there is no institution to train them to control the senses, the poor fellows fall victim to the criminal offenses of sense gratification, and they are punished after death
- Because we understand that Krishna is our Protector under all circumstances, we have no more any anxiety, so we become very liberal and tolerant of all kinds of seeing others' sinful activities, and we see them innocent victims of maya
- Before the hearing of Srimad-Bhagavatam Brahma might have fallen a victim to such sensuality (Brahma was sexually inclined to his own daughter), but after hearing Srimad-Bhagavatam directly from the Lord, there was no possibility of such failures
- Bhima did not take steps against the sons of Dhrtarastra for a long time. Vidura's inquiry was whether he had yet released his anger, which was like a suffering cobra. When a cobra releases its venom after long-cherished anger, its victim cannot survive
- By contacting nondevotees and engaging in nondevotional activities, a so-called mature devotee will fall victim to the mad elephant offense. Whatever growth has taken place is quickly uprooted by such an offense
- By the influence of the age of Kali, even a pauper is proud of his penny, the women are always dressed in an overly attractive fashion to victimize the minds of men, and the man is addicted to drinking wine, smoking, drinking tea and chewing tobacco, etc
- Devotees should be very careful not to be victimized by this cheater
- Do not fall victim to this sentimental idea of peaceful life in seclusion. That is not our dharma
- Due to a bad system of education, men have no desire for self-realization. Even if they come to know about it, they unfortunately become victims of misguided teachers
- Fall victim to sensuality
- Foolish materialists, in the garb of leaders of the people in general, stick to family affairs without attempting to cut off relations with them, and thus they become victims of nature's law and get gross bodies again, according to their work
- For want of Krsna consciousness, people are victimized by the Mayavada philosophy, and consequently they sometimes become staunch atheists
- His senses being agitated, Lord Siva, victimized by lusty desires, began to follow Her (Mohini-murti), just as a lusty elephant follows a she-elephant
- How a living entity becomes a victim of the material condition is lucidly explained in this verse. The beginning is to misidentify the body as one's self
- I am very glad to learn that the regulative principles are being strictly followed, otherwise we shall fall down, victim of Maya
- I know that all big leaders are falling victim to sex-life. So let her live in New York and you live in Paris with your wife, what can be done?
- If any of our students artificially try to become scholars by associating with unwanted persons they become victimized, for a little learning is dangerous, especially for the Westerners
- If Brahma could be a victim of the sexual urge, then what of others, who are prone to so many mundane frailties?
- If one purposefully falls victim to sense gratification, he has to be punished, at least for one lifetime, like Bharata Maharaja
- If one remains always a victim to the sinful reaction and if he is habituated to do that, so artificially this kind of confession in the church or giving some bribe to the bhattacarya, what is the meaning of this? It is practical question
- If one wants to artificially stop the activities of the senses, his attempt will be a failure. Even the great yogi Visvamitra, who was trying to control his senses by the yoga process, fell victim to the beauty of Menaka
- If the maternal family is very corrupt or sinful, the child, even though born of a good father, becomes a victim of the maternal family
- If the mind is not engaged in Krsna consciousness at every moment, there is a chance that it will give way to its enemies. In this way we become victims of the mind
- If there is gold, there is certainly illicit sex, meat-eating, gambling and intoxication. Because people in the Western world have a great deal of gold, they are victims of these four sins
- If we are not very strict in chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, we may at any time fall victim to women
- If you don't follow strictly, then it is useless to criticize them also. You are also victim; they are also victim
- In the conditioned state the living being is not satisfied even if he actually becomes the lord of all that he surveys, which he never becomes, and therefore he becomes the victim of all kinds of cheating, even with his nearest and most intimate relations
- In these days they cannot understand that "This material body is a foreign element, and somehow or other I am victimized, I am entrapped within this body." This problem is real problem. But they do not know. And this is called avidya, ignorance
- In this age, men are victims not only of different political creeds & parties, but also of many different types of sense-gratificatory diversions, such as cinemas, sports, gambling, clubs, mundane libraries, bad association, smoking, drinking, cheating
- In this iron age the members of well-to-do families generally misuse their wealth. Instead of improving their spiritual condition, they are misled by faulty association and fall victim to sensuality
- Is sannyasa so cheap? He will be a victim. He is not fit for sannyasa. His mind is not fixed up
- It appears that you have been poisoned by some rascals. Such rascals cannot do anything to push on the mission of Lord Caitanya but can put hindrances in the path of spreading KC all over the world. I am very sorry that you have fallen a victim
- It is to be understood that he is victimized by the stroke of maya. I do not know what is awaiting his future lot, but I am sure that his service to Krishna and to his Spiritual Master will not go in vain
- Krishna advised him especially to be engaged in his occupational duty, and at the same time always be thinking of Krishna. This is the secret of not being a victim of Maya
- Krsna consciousness movement means to awaken the victimized soul to Krsna consciousness. Krsna personally comes to awaken this consciousness, Krsna consciousness
- Krsna replied, "I confirm that all you have spoken about Me (Krsna) in your prayers is factual. It is a fact that the materially opulent position of one who is not fully KC is the cause of his downfall and his becoming a victim of the illusory energy"
- Lord Brahma was sufficiently strong, by the causeless mercy of the Lord, and he could not be victimized by the material energy, although it gave him cause for anxiety when it managed to totter the existence of his position
- Lord Siva became victimized by woman, what to speak of others? I am thinking of that boy also, Paramahamsa. He was a nice boy
- Lord Siva cannot be victimized by maya. Therefore it is to be understood that Lord Siva was being thus harassed by Lord Visnu's internal potency (in the form of Mohini-murti)
- LSD, marijuana, opium, liquor, coffee and tea is indulged in to fulfill illicit demands. If we can practice accepting only remnants of food offered to Krsna, it is possible to get free from maya's victimization
- Many sannyasins, they were very educated, and they have undergone severe penances, but without Krsna realization they fall down. How they fall down? Sometimes they fall down, becomes a victim of a woman
- Maya is so strong that unless one is determined not to fall victim, even the Supreme Personality of Godhead cannot give protection
- Maya is very strong & we can fall a victim at her hand at any moment. The only means of protecting us from the attack of maya is to be fully Krishna Conscious
- Maya is very strong and she can victimize anyone of us at any moment. We shall therefore always keep ourselves vigilant, and this is only possible by rigid engagement in Krishna's service
- Maya is very strong. If we do not keep ourselves fit by chanting Hare Krsna, we may fall a victim at any moment
- Meat-eating and intoxication excite the senses more and more, and the conditioned soul falls victim to women. In order to keep women, money is required, and to acquire money, one begs, borrows or steals
- Of course, everyone must eat to keep the body fit for the Lord’s service, but when one cannot control the senses, he falls victim to the dictations of the tongue and the belly. Naturally, genital agitation follows, and one seeks illicit sex
- One gopi said, "We are losing our senses in deciding whether we shall continue as chaste women or be victimized by the beauty of Krsna. My dear friend, I think that we have lost all hope of life!"
- One should not be attracted by the illusory energy of raised breasts with nipples. They are agents of maya meant to victimize the opposite sex
- One who practices resisting these demands or urges is called tapasvi, or one who practices austerities. By such tapasya one can overcome victimization by the material energy, the external potency of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- One who prematurely goes to Vrndavana to live in pursuance of the instructions of Sukadeva Gosvami again falls victim to maya, even while residing in Vrndavana
- That is our concern: how the world is misdirected. That we are challenging, this Krsna consciousness. It is not that "East," "West," "you," "I." Everyone is a victim. Bhagavata says, prayena kalau asmin yuge janah: "In this age everyone is condemned"
- The conditions of the material world are so made that one has to commit sins willingly or unwillingly, and the best example is Maharaja Pariksit himself, who was a recognized sinless, pious king. But he also became a victim of an offense
- The difficulty is that our GBC men are falling victim to maya. Today I trust this GBC and tomorrow he will fall down
- The first victim of brahminical injustice was Maharaja Pariksit, and thus the protection given by the King against the onslaught of Kali was slackened
- The great mystic Visvamitra Muni, even in the stage of samadhi, became a victim of the senses and cohabited with Menaka. History has already recorded this
- The human form has the facility to utilize all the senses for gratification. Unless one is properly trained, he becomes a victim of the modes of material nature
- The Maruts fought Nivatakavaca, the Vasus fought the Kalakeya demons, the Visvedeva demigods fought the Pauloma demons, and the Rudras fought the Krodhavasa demons, who were victims of anger
- The personified Vedas continued, "By attempting to worship a demigod or by taking to any other process of self-realization, the living entity becomes a victim of the cycle of birth and death"
- The personified vedas continued, "Unless they (great mystic yogis) take shelter of a bona fide spiritual master they fall victim to the material influence and are never successful in their attempts at self-realization"
- The scientist, who puts forward the theory of stopping death by advancement of scientific knowledge, becomes himself a victim of death when he is called by Yamaraja
- The victims of war, namely, the family members of the Kurus, were lamenting the problems of death, and the Lord pacified them on the basis of knowledge
- The weak and the fools, they will be victimized
- The whole world is moving under the spell of womanly attraction, and as soon as a man becomes united with a woman, he at once becomes a victim of material bondage under a tight knot
- There is a declaration of war between the two parties, the illusory energy and the devotee, and sometimes the weak devotees fall victim to the onslaught of the powerful illusory energy
- There was but one victim like Ajamila in those days, but in this age of Kali the poor innocent students are daily victims of cinemas which attract men only for sex indulgence
- Those who are too much sexually addicted become victims of jara, and very soon their life-span is shortened
- Those who live as brahmacaris must follow in the footsteps of the great sage Narada Muni, who never accepted the proposals of Jara. Those who are too much sexually addicted become victims of jara, and very soon their life-span is shortened
- Under the circumstances, where is the chance for a young girl not to be attracted by such beautiful features and not to be afraid of becoming a victim to such beauty?
- Unfortunately, especially in this age, men and women unite for unrestricted sexual enjoyment. Thus they are victimized, being obliged to take rebirth in the forms of animals to fulfill their animalistic propensities
- Unfortunately, if our student falls a victim of vagina instead of Krsna, that is very regrettable
- Victim of woman, his falldown is inevitable
- Victimized by the laws of material nature
- Vidvamsam api karsati means that even the most learned also become victims of the sensuous urge
- Visvamitra Muni became a victim of Menaka and fathered a child named Sakuntala. The conclusion is that no one can save himself from the attraction of woman, even though he be an exalted demigod or an inhabitant of the higher planets
- Visvamitra Muni controlled the senses by yogic trance, but when he happened to meet Menaka (a heavenly society woman), he became a victim of sex, and the artificial way of controlling the senses failed
- We can see that such a great mystic yogi as Saubhari became a victim of sense gratification, and such great sages as Vasistha and Visvamitra became birds. This is the material world
- We have to follow the Gosvamis literature, especially Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, which we have translated in The Nectar of Devotion, every one of you should very carefully read & make progress. Don't be victimized by the Mayavadi so-called Vaisnava
- When a living entity falls victim to these three types of urges, his life becomes inauspicious
- When a man and woman exchange feelings of lust, both of them are victimized, and thus they are bound to this material world in various ways
- When the boys and girls become ten or twelve years and above, then should be separated. At that time special care should be taken, because once they become a victim of sex their whole life becomes spoiled
- When the human being gives up the process of hearing about the all-pervading Personality of Godhead, he becomes victim to hearing rubbish transmitted by man-made machines
- Without utilizing the human form of life for Krsna consciousness the victims of jara die very soon in this world
- Women and wealth are very difficult problems for the devotee making progress on the path back to Godhead. Many stalwarts in the devotional line fell victim to these allurements and thus retreated from the path of liberation
- You are one of the important leaders, so if you are feeble and you are still victim of such habits, then the other members who are following your example will be led to ruination by you only
- You are victimized by that Kali-yuga. That's all. No explaining. Our trademark is clean-shaven. We are known as shaven hair. Why you should be victimized?
- You don't find all these things in our Society. We don't drink Coca-cola. We don't drink Pepsi-cola. We don't smoke. So many things which are selling in the market in huge quantity by advertisement, by victimizing the poor customer