Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
- VedaBase query: unwanted not "unwanted thing*"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Unwanted"
The following 77 pages are in this category, out of 77 total.
- A guest who comes to one's home should be received very politely. If he is unwanted, the householder should not stare at him with blinking eyes, for one who does so will be put into the hell known as Paryavartana
- A neophyte disciple begins by hearing and chanting, associating with devotees and practicing the regulative principles, and thus he vanquishes all of his unwanted bad habits
- A pure living entity who thus attains the stage of anartha-nivrtti, cessation of everything unwanted, has nothing to enjoy in the material world
- A strong government is compared to the scorching sunshine in the autumn season, the lilies are compared to unwanted persons like robbers, and the lotus flowers are compared to the satisfied citizens
- All these (diplomatic behavior, animal-killing, mundane profiteering, mundane adoration and mundane importance) are unwanted creepers
- All these things (illicit sex, unwanted pregnancies, abortions, being punished in the same way the next life) can be avoided by remaining on the transcendental platform of Krsna consciousness. In this way one does not commit sinful activity
- An increase of unwanted population certainly causes hellish life both for the family and for those who destroy the family tradition
- Anartha means unwanted bad habits. So when we are children, innocent, we have no bad habits, but as we grow and associate with bad company, we also acquire all these bad habits. So to give up all these bad habits means we have to associate with sadhus
- Arjuna continued, "If the brahmanas feel unwanted separation from their wives and children, and the ksatriya kings do not take care of them, then such ksatriyas are to be considered no more than stage players"
- Because the scientific division of four varnas and four asramas is now being extinguished, the entire world is being governed by unwanted men who have no training in religion, politics or social order, and it is in a very deplorable condition
- Being enthusiastic, being confident, being patient, giving up the association of unwanted persons, following the regulative principles and remaining in the association of devotees - one is sure to advance in devotional service
- Brahma, disgusted with the Rudra generations and afraid of being devoured by the increase of population, asked Rudra to stop producing such an unwanted generation and take to penance for attaining the favor of the Supreme Lord
- By the evil deeds of those who destroy the family tradition and thus give rise to unwanted children, all kinds of community projects and family welfare activities are devastated
- If any of our students artificially try to become scholars by associating with unwanted persons they become victimized, for a little learning is dangerous, especially for the Westerners
- If I (Lord Krsna) did not perform prescribed duties, all these worlds would be put to ruination. I would be the cause of creating unwanted population, and I would thereby destroy the peace of all living beings
- If I (Lord Krsna) should cease to work, then all humanity would be misdirected. I would also be the cause of creating unwanted population, and I would thereby destroy the peace of all sentient beings
- If I did not show the proper principles of religion, all these worlds would fall into ruin. I would be the cause of unwanted population and would spoil all these living beings
- If one chants the Hare Krsna mantra while committing offenses, these unwanted creepers will grow
- If the gardener does not see these impediments and take them out, they will overcome and choke the plant of devotion. If, however, one is careful to guard against the growth of unwanted plants, the plant of devotion grows luxuriantly
- If we drink this nectar (bhagavad-gita), very soon the brilliant sunshine of transcendental knowledge will dispel the darkness of ignorance caused by our unwanted material desires
- Illicit sex creates pregnancies, and these unwanted pregnancies lead to abortion. Those involved become implicated in these sins, so much so that they are punished in the same way the next life
- In Bhagavad-gita Arjuna informed Krsna that if there is unwanted population (varna-sankara), the entire world will appear to be hell
- In the beginning of life nobody smokes or nobody becomes intoxicated. It is learned by bad association. Similarly, it can be given up by good association. They are called anarthas. Anartha means unwanted bad habits
- In the Bhagavad-gita it is stated that when the women become unchaste for want of proper protection, there are unwanted children called varna-sankara
- In the material world the wrath of those who want to lord it over material nature interacts, and the fire of war takes place, exhausting the unwanted population
- In the next stage, under the guidance of the spiritual master, the devotee executes regulative devotional service, and, as a result of such activities, he becomes freed from all unwanted occupations
- Irresponsible men also provoke adultery in society, and thus unwanted children flood the human race at the risk of war and pestilence
- It is not good to disturb them unduly or cause unwanted agitation or anger with such people. They are demons so they will not change
- Learn to kill. No nonviolence. Learn to kill. Here also, as soon as you'll find, the ksatriya, a thief, a rogue, unwanted element in the society, kill him. That's all. Finish. Kill him. Bas. Finished. So other will see, "Oh, the ruler is very strong"
- Lord Caitanya recommended that one should scrupulously renounce the association of unwanted persons and completely take shelter of the Supreme Lord, Krsna. Krsna gave Arjuna this same instruction near the end of the Bhagavad-gita
- Lord Visnu continued, "Now, after killing all these unwanted demons, you will please come back to Me. The two of you are incarnations of the great sage Nara-Narayana"
- Materialistic education expands the influence of maya. Such an education induces the conditioned soul to be increasingly attracted to materialistic life and to stray further and further away from liberation from unwanted miseries
- May the pastimes of Sri Krsna reduce the miseries existing in the material world and nullify all unwanted desires
- Naturally, when one is adapted to the spiritual way of life, he will not want to mix with materialistic men. That would go against his grain. One may test himself by seeing how far he is inclined to live in a solitary place, without unwanted association
- Never they prescribed unwanted children like cats and dogs. No. So therefore there was garbhadhana-samskara. Before the father and mother conjugate there is ceremony, garbhadhana, for the higher caste
- One is elevated to the platform of devotional life by the mercy of a Vaisnava, the bona fide spiritual master, and by the special mercy of Krsna. On that platform, one gives up all material desires and the association of unwanted people
- One should be very careful to avoid all these unwanted things. Sometimes these unwanted creepers look exactly like the bhakti creeper
- The family planning of a godless civilization cannot check weedlike unwanted population. People should learn to check sex life by voluntary restraint
- The kings were very severe to punish unwanted social elements. So the kings were therefore allowed sometimes to hunt in the jungle to practice killing
- The material world is itself a place always full of anxieties, and by encouraging animal slaughter the whole atmosphere becomes polluted more and more by war, pestilence, famine and many other unwanted calamities
- The Sanskrit statement anartha-nivrtti indicates that this body is unwanted. We are spirit soul, and there was never any need of this material body
- The unwanted administrators, puffed up by false power and military strength, thus become engaged in fighting amongst themselves over ideological conflicts and so exhaust themselves of all powers. The history of the world reflects this
- The way of Vedic civilization is that whatever was used in household affairs had to be valuable. In case of need, such items of value could be exchanged immediately. Thus one's broken and unwanted furniture and paraphernalia would never be without value
- There will be peace and prosperity in the world due to good and sane population only; there is hell and disturbance only because of the unwanted, insane populace addicted to sex indulgence
- This is compared to a country where the king or the government is strong: the unwanted elements like thieves and robbers cannot prosper. When the citizens become confident that they will not be attacked by robbers, they develop with great satisfaction
- This kind of action is not buddhi-yoga, however, because such philanthropic works can at best replace one set of people's mundane desires with a new set, but they can never completely root out these unwanted desires from within the heart
- This will save everyone from such unwanted activities as going to clubs, cinemas, dancing parties, smoking, drinking, etc. All such nonsense will be forgotten if one stresses the worship of the Deities at home
- To give up all these bad habits means we have to associate with sadhus or devotees, saintly persons. Then we can give it up. This is called anartha-nivrtti, means giving up all unwanted bad habits
- Unless society accepts the lotus feet of great mahatmas - devotees who have nothing to do with material possessions - mankind cannot turn its attention to Krsna, whose lotus feet vanquish all the unwanted, miserable conditions of material life
- Unwanted children cannot be a source of happiness in society, but through the Krsna consciousness movement they can be raised to the human standard by chanting the holy name of God. That is the unique contribution of Lord Caitanya
- Unwanted creepers described by Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura
- When he (the devotee) is freed from unwanted occupations, his faith becomes steadily fixed, and he develops a transcendental taste for devotional service, then attachment, then ecstasies, and in the last stage there is pure love of Godhead
- When one gives up his unwanted attitude of superiority, he becomes situated in his original position
- When one waters a garden, not only does the desired plant grow more rapidly, but the unwanted plants grow also
- When the ruling administrators, who are known as the ksatriyas, turned astray from the path of the Absolute Truth, being desirous to suffer in hell, the Lord, in His incarnation as the sage Parasurama, uprooted those unwanted kings
- When the women become unchaste for want of proper protection, there are unwanted children called varna-sankara
- When there is deliberate negligence of the regulative principles of religious life, the women as a class become polluted, and as a result there are unwanted children
- When, freed from such unwanted association and from the contamination of material desires, one favorably cultivates knowledge of Krsna, that is called pure devotional service
- When, in the name of justice, thieves are allowed liberty, the state and kingdom are disturbed by such plunderers and unwanted population
- Women should be taken care of - as daughter, as wife, as mother. Bas. No freedom. Then prostitution. Then spoiled the whole thing. Unwanted children, contraceptive, abortion. Very dangerous