Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
unsuccessful | unsuccessfully
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Unsuccessful"
The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total.
- A bhakta is never unsuccessful
- A foolish person who manufactures his own ways and means through mental speculation and does not recognize the authority of the sages who lay down unimpeachable directions is simply unsuccessful again and again in his attempts
- A vairagi a person in the renounced order should not depend on others. If he does so, he will be unsuccessful, and he will be neglected by Krsna
- Anger causes frustration, as in the story of the unsuccessful fox and the "sour grapes." The living entity is then forced to pretend to be a renouncer. But at the bottom of such renunciation burns the great flame of greed and the desire for enjoyment
- If you are unsuccessful, you must know it firmly that without Krsna's desire, nothing can happen. If you are unsuccessful, then you should.... That is Krsna conscious.... You should know also that "It is Krsna's desire." It is Krsna's desire
- If you do not follow the injunction of the sastra, then your human life is unsuccessful. Na siddhim. Human life means that you stop the process of transmigration from one body to another
- If you want to find out the Absolute Truth through this rituals and priesthood, then the result will be that you will be bitten by some poisonous insects and your attempt will be unsuccessful
- In the initial stages, the attempt to fix the mind on Krsna may be unsuccessful, but with regulated practice (abhyasa-yoga) it becomes possible
- In the modern age, man is trying to go to other planets, but so far he has been unsuccessful. It is not possible to travel to any other planets because by the laws of nature even the demigods cannot move from one planet to another
- It is said that the dacoits in Bengal used to worship the goddess Kali for fulfillment of their sinful desires to plunder others' property, but they never went to a Visnu temple because they might have been unsuccessful in praying to Visnu
- It is stated herein by the Kumaras that the lotus feet of Lord Krsna are the ultimate reservoir of all pleasure. One should therefore take shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord instead of trying unsuccessfully to stop desires for material enjoyment
- Mind is the friend of oneself, and mind is the enemy of oneself. So we have to train the mind. If I train my mind for becoming my friend, then my life is successful. If I train my mind to become my enemy, then my life is unsuccessful
- Modern mechanical space vehicles are unsuccessful because they cannot go to the highest region of this material creation, and they certainly cannot enter the spiritual sky
- Must put water in the root. Then it will be all right. Otherwise, it will be all failure. The history of the world is like that. They are trying for the nation, for the society, for the community, and for the family, but everything has become unsuccessful
- The alchemists of the medieval age tried to manufacture gold, but they were unsuccessful, perhaps because they did not follow the right instructions
- The Bhagavatam assures the unsuccessful transcendentalist that there need be no worries. Even though he may be subjected to the reaction for not perfectly executing prescribed duties, he is still not a loser, because auspicious KC is never forgotten
- The demigods, being envious of the austere life of the rigid brahmacaris, would try to cause them to break their vows by dispatching soldiers of Cupid. But in the case of the Lord, it became an unsuccessful attempt
- The unfortunate man, unsuccessful in maintaining his family members, is bereft of all beauty. He always thinks of his failure, grieving very deeply
- The unsuccessful yogi, after many, many years of enjoyment on the planets of the pious living entities, is born into a family of righteous people, or into a family of rich aristocracy (BG 6.41)
- The unsuccessful yogis are divided into two classes: one is fallen after very little progress, and one is fallen after long practice of yoga
- There is no question of being depressed because you are unsuccessful. A devotee is never depressed in the horrible condition of life
- Though claiming that the world is an illusion -- jagan mithya -- such an unsuccessful transcendentalist then becomes entangled in political, social, and altruistic affairs
- To make economic development by our own endeavors on the strength of tools and machinery is not all. The sanction of the Supreme Lord must be there, otherwise despite all instrumental arrangements everything will be unsuccessful
- When one is unsuccessful in achieving his desired goal of life one is said to be in a state of lamentation, in this condition one becomes questioning, thoughtful, tearful, regretful and heavy-breathed. His bodily color changes, and his mouth becomes dry
- When one is unsuccessful in achieving his desired goal of life, when one finds no fulfillment in his present occupation, when one finds himself in reversed conditions and when one feels guilt - at such a time one is said to be in state of lamentation
- When the yogi is once situated in that transcendental position (asamprajnata-samadhi), he is never shaken from it. Unless the yogi is able to reach this position, he is unsuccessful