Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna's Uncles (15 P)
Pages in category "Uncle"
The following 50 pages are in this category, out of 50 total.
- According to smrti-sastra, a child generally follows the principles of his maternal uncle's house. Naranam matula-karma means that a child generally follows the qualities of his maternal family
- Although Raghunatha dasa was a family man, he had no attachment for his estate and wife. Seeing his tendency to leave home, his father and uncle engaged special bodyguards to watch over him
- Although your father and uncle are charitable to brahmanas and greatly help them, they are nevertheless not pure Vaisnavas. However, they are almost like Vaisnavas
- Amsuman, the grandson of Maharaja Sagara, was ordered by the King to search for the horse. Following the same path traversed by his uncles, Amsuman gradually reached the stack of ashes and found the horse nearby
- As a pious man, Maharaja Yudhisthira took into account all his unavoidable misdeeds, and he never thought of the misdeeds of his uncle and company
- During the fratricidal war of Kuruksetra, Vidura repeatedly implored his elder brother to do justice to the sons of Pandu, but Duryodhana did not like such interference by his uncle, and thus he practically insulted Vidura
- Duryodhana was so foolish that he dared to insult Vidura. This was due to his bad association with Sakuni, his maternal uncle, as well as with his friend Karna
- He (Arjuna) could see persons like Bhurisrava, who were his father's contemporaries, grandfathers Bhisma and Somadatta, teachers like Dronacarya and Krpacarya, maternal uncles like Salya and Sakuni and brothers like Duryodhana
- He (Pradyumna) married the daughter of his maternal uncle, Rukmi, and from that marriage Aniruddha was born
- Maharaja Pariksit married his uncle's daughter. And her name was Iravati
- Maharaja Uttara was the son of Virata and maternal uncle of Maharaja Pariksit
- Maharaja Yudhisthira was advised by Narada not to disturb his uncle (Dhrtarastra) by attempting to bring him back home. He was now beyond the attraction of anything material
- Maharaja Yudhisthira was always conscious of the great plight of his uncle Dhrtarastra and aunt Gandhari, and therefore he took all possible care of them in their old age and aggrieved conditions
- Maharaja Yudhisthira was the rightful heir to his father's kingdom. But just to favor his own sons, headed by Duryodhana, Dhrtarastra, Maharaja Yudhisthira's uncle, adopted various unfair means to cheat his nephews of their rightful share of the kingdom
- Maharaja Yudhisthira, as a matter of duty, maintained Dhrtarastra in royal honor, and Dhrtarastra was happily passing away his numbered days in the illusion of being a king or the royal uncle of King Yudhisthira
- Narada Muni's prophecy prohibited Yudhisthira Maharaja from going to the place where his uncle was staying because even after quitting the body by his own mystic power, Dhrtarastra would not be in need of any funeral ceremony
- Nilambara Cakravarti, the grandfather of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, was very intimately related to Raghunatha dasa's father and uncle. Nilambara Cakravarti used to call them his younger brothers
- Now you go arrange a meeting between me and your uncle. Let him do whatever he thinks best. I shall completely depend on his decision
- Raghunatha dasa arranged a meeting between his uncle and the caudhuri. The matter was settled, and everything was peaceful
- Raghunatha dasa's father, Govardhana, and uncle, Hiranya dasa, were both very charitable to brahmanas. Indeed, the brahmanas from the Gaudiya district were practically dependent upon them. Thus they were accepted as very pious gentlemen
- The eldest son of Rukmini, Pradyumna, was married with Mayavati from his very birth, and afterwards he married Rukmavati, the daughter of his maternal uncle, Rukmi. From Rukmavati, Pradyumna had a son named Aniruddha
- The funeral ceremony of Abhimanyu, the son of Arjuna, was performed by Him (Lord Balarama), as He was the maternal uncle
- The program executed by you on Janmastami and Nandotsava Days appears to be very nice and I am so glad that you remember my childhood name Nandu given by one of my uncles
- There Arjuna could see, within the midst of the armies of both parties, his fathers, grandfathers, teachers, maternal uncles, brothers, sons, grandsons, friends, and also his fathers-in-law and well-wishers
- Vasudeva knew very well that he could not by force rescue Devaki from the imminent danger. Devaki was actually the daughter of Kamsa's uncle, and therefore she is described as suhrt, meaning "relative"
- Vasudeva, the father of Lord Krsna and the maternal uncle of Arjuna, sent his priest representative Kasyapa to purify Arjuna by all the prescribed samskaras, or reformatory processes
- We are trained up, because we belong to Krsna family. So this Radha-Krsna worship is our family tradition. Our forefathers, my father, my maternal uncles, we are Vaisnava family. Belonging to the Caitanya-sampradaya
- When he (Maharaja Yudhisthira) could not find his uncle and aunt in the palace, naturally his doubts arose, and he conjectured that they had gone down to the water of the Ganges
- When Hiranya dasa, Raghunatha dasa’s uncle, made an agreement with the government to collect taxes, the Muslim caudhuri, or tax collector, having lost his position, became extremely envious of him
- When Raghunatha dasa Gosvami’s father and uncle were to be arrested by government officials, Raghunatha dasa Gosvami hid them and personally met the government officers and settled the affair diplomatically