Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
summary | summation | summarizing | summarizes | summarized | summarize | summarization | summarised | summarise | summarily
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Summary"
The following 66 pages are in this category, out of 66 total.
- Actually, the explanation of this mantra (Bhagavad-gita 12.5) and of practically all the mantras of the Vedic hymns is summarized in the Vedanta-sutra and properly explained in Srimad-Bhagavatam
- All of the previous instructions imparted by Rupa Gosvami in his broad statements can be summarized thusly: as long as one is materially inclined, desirous to merge into the spiritual effulgence, one cannot enter into the realm of pure devotional service
- All Vedic civilization is summarized in this verse: all living entities, either on this planet or on other planets, have to satisfy the Supreme Personality of Godhead by their respective duties
- As in the Second Chapter a synopsis of the whole subject matter was described, in the Eighteenth Chapter also the summary of all instruction is given
- At every step, Lord Caitanya said, Sanatana Gosvami should give documentary evidence from the puranas. Thus the Lord gave a summary of all the topics Sanatana should include in his book on Vaisnava regulative principles
- Beginning from his (Prahlada Maharaja's) childhood he was the reservoir of all good qualities. Without enumerating those qualities, it is said here summarily that he was endowed with all good qualities
- Bhakti-yoga leads to gradual evaporation of the sex desire, which is summarized in three headings, namely profit, adoration and distinction
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "The Vedanta-sutra is the summary of all the Upanisads; therefore whatever direct meaning is there in the Upanisads is also recorded in the Vedanta-sutra, or Vyasa-sutra"
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu has summarised all the Vaisnava philosophies in acintya-bhedabheda-tattva. Simultaneously one and difference. Some of the philosophers they say maya and Krsna they are different
- He (Lord Caitanya) expounded eighteen different explanations of the verse. In summary, He said that the Supreme Personality of Godhead is full of innumerable potencies; no one can estimate how many transcendental qualities He possesses
- He (Vyasadeva) has divided the Vedas into four divisions - Sama, Rg, Yajur and Atharva. He has expanded the Vedas into eighteen Puranas and has summarized Vedic knowledge in the Vedanta-sutra
- He first summarized all the pastimes of the Lord and later described them vividly in detail
- Here is a summary of Satyavrata's meeting with the fish incarnation of Lord Visnu. Lord Visnu's purpose was to take back all the Vedic literatures from the demon Hayagriva and restore them to Lord Brahma
- Human society should therefore follow the Vedic principles of life, which are summarized in Bhagavad-gita
- I cannot chronologically record all the places of pilgrimage visited by Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. I can only summarize everything by saying that the Lord visited all holy places right and left, coming and going
- I have heard of your compilation of my “Analysis” is well done. It is a good summary for study of Bhagavad-gita. I am having my personal GBC secretary scrutinize it more closely with the idea of presenting it to the BBT Trustees for publication
- In this meeting both the scholars (the Lord and Prakasananda) had a long discourse on the spiritual values of the sankirtana movement, and a summary is given below
- Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of Srila Rupa Gosvami Prabhupada and of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami, by whose inspiration I have been engaged in the matter of compiling this summary study of Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu
- Lord Krsna stresses that devotional service unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead is the ultimate goal of life. This same point is summarized in the Eighteenth Chapter as the most confidential path of knowledge
- Make copies and present its proposal to the different GBC members. Ask them to send their opinions to you. Then please summarize these opinions and send them to me. Then I can decide on this matter
- My dear brothers, please hear all these glories of Lord Caitanya. This verse clearly summarizes His activities and characteristics
- O Madhusudana, the system of yoga which You have summarized appears impractical and unendurable to me, for the mind is restless and unsteady
- O Narada, this science of God, Srimad-Bhagavatam, was spoken to me in summary by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and it was spoken as the accumulation of His diverse potencies. Please expand this science yourself
- One who desires to know the twenty-four elements in detail along with their interactions should study the philosophy in more detail. In Bhagavad-gita, a summary only is given
- Our Vaisnava philosophy is in summary the Teachings of Lord Caitanya. Read them very carefully, word to word, & immediately begin translation into French language so they may be published in French BTG as well as in future they may be published in a book
- People are very much anxious to have one religion, one God, one scripture, and one business or one activity of life. This is summarized in the Bhagavad-gita - that one God is Krsna. Krsna is not sectarian God. Krsna means the greatest pleasure
- Placing his lotus feet upon my head in great devotion, I shall now describe in summary the Lord’s final pastimes
- So if we accept these words of Krsna, then we become actually Vedanti. Without understanding these things as spoken in the... Bhagavad-gita is the summarized Vedanta or Vedic philosophy
- Some of the incidents he did not describe elaborately but only summarized, and these I shall try to describe in this book
- Summarizing this chapter (the Chastisement of Junior Haridasa), Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura says that one should derive from it the following lessons...
- The author of the Vedas is the Personality of Godhead Himself. Consequently, His Bhagavad-gita is the finest summary of all the teachings in the Vedas (the books of knowledge), and there is no doubt about it
- The authorized description of bhakti, or devotional service, following in the footsteps of previous acaryas, can be summarized in the following statement by Srila Rupa Gosvami
- The beautiful damsels, the wives of the denizens of the heavenly planets, are compared to lightning. In summation, the airplanes with their passengers which came from higher planets to Kailasa were very pleasant to look at
- The culture of vidya is summarized in Srimad-Bhagavatam in the following words: "Therefore, with one-pointed attention one should constantly hear about, glorify, remember and worship the Personality of Godhead, who is the protector of the devotees"
- The definition of a pure devotee, as given by Rupa Gosvami in Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, can be summarized thus: his service is favorable and is always in relation to Krsna
- The field of activities (the body), knowledge and the knowable have been summarily described by Me (Krsna). Only My devotees can understand this thoroughly and thus attain to My nature
- The forest of material existence is summarized in this Fourteenth Chapter (of Srimad-Bhagavatam)
- The four Srimad-Bhagavatam verses beginning with aham evasam evagre are the gist of the whole Bhagavatam. These are nicely summarized by Lord Caitanya
- The ksetrajna is the eternal spirit, whereas the ksetra is matter, which is temporary and ephemeral. This eternal truth is summarized in the Vedas in the aphorism brahma satyam jagan mithya: "Spirit is fact and the world is a false shadow"
- The living being's activities are performed within the body through the movements of different kinds of air, known in summary as prana-vayu
- The Lord here summarizes the total influence of the three modes of material nature all over the universe
- The Nectar of Devotion is a summary study of Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, which was written in Sanskrit by Srila Rupa Gosvami Prabhupada. He was the chief of the six Gosvamis, who were the direct disciples of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The potency of Lord Visnu is summarized in three categories - namely, the spiritual potency, the living entities and ignorance
- The sages asked him (Suta Gosvami) to summarize the whole range of revealed scriptures and present the most essential part so that fallen people or the people in general might easily take it up
- The summary is, don't relax the conditions. We can either purchase for the price mentioned in the deeds or take in charity, but we cannot accept any conditions
- The Upanisads are parts of the four Vedas, and the Vedanta-sutras represent the cream of the Vedas. To summarize all these Vedic literatures, the Bhagavad-gita is accepted as the essence of all Upanisads
- The whole summary is that this human form of life is very, very important, and it is meant for developing Krsna consciousness. If you neglect this business and simply engage for sense gratification, that is spoiling time
- There are many processes for delivering the living entity from this life of entanglement. Generally it is summarized in the process of meditation, performances of great sacrifices and worshiping the Lord in the temple
- There is a death of getting this body, and there will be a death of leaving this body. And between these two deaths there are so many other miserable conditions. They are summarized: old age and disease
- There is a summary of the Ramayana in the 9th canto. That will help you. You can show the fight between Rama and Ravana
- This is the summary understanding of what Krsna consciousness is. Without this understanding one is sure to misunderstand why the devotees are interested in the battlefield of Kuruksetra
- To isolate the transcendence of the summum bonum, the symptoms of the rest are described sometimes by Vedic inference, sometimes by direct explanation, and sometimes by summary explanations given by the great sages