Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
subsist | subsistence | subsisting | subsists
Pages in category "Subsistence"
The following 19 pages are in this category, out of 19 total.
- A man can subsist on varieties of grains, fruits and milk ordained by God, and there is no need of animal food, save and except in particular cases
- A systematic law of subsistence in the struggle for existence is there by the supreme will
- All living bodies subsist on food grains, which are produced from rains. Rains are produced by performance of yajna (sacrifice), and yajna is born of prescribed duties. By performing sacrifice, man will have sufficient rainfall and crops
- All the immovable trees and plants seek their subsistence upwards. They are almost unconscious but have feelings of pain within. They are manifested in variegatedness
- The tiger can kill a lower animal for his subsistence, but a man cannot kill an animal for his subsistence. That is the law of God, who has created the law that a living being subsists by eating another living being
- The twenty-four elements of which this material universe is a temporary manifestation are arranged to produce everything necessary for the maintenance and subsistence of this universe
- The twenty-four elements of which this material universe is a temporary manifestation, according to Sankhya philosophy, are completely adjusted to produce complete resources which are necessary for the maintenance and subsistence of this universe
- These singers and dancers had no means of subsistence other than the rewards of valuable garments and ornaments left by the queens and kings on such occasions
- Those who are devoid of hands are prey for those who have hands; those devoid of legs are prey for the four-legged. The weak are the subsistence of the strong, and the general rule holds that one living being is food for another
- You (Brahma) are the father of all living entities and the source of their subsistence because they are all born of you. Please order us (Svayambhuva Manu and Satarupa) how we may be able to render service unto you
- You (Brahma) are the father of all living entities and the source of their subsistence because they are all born of you. Please order us how we may be able to render service unto you
- You will find many healthy persons in India subsisting only on these vegetarian foodstuffs, and they have good brain also