Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
subdue | subdued | subduer | subduers | subdues | subduing
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Subdue"
The following 47 pages are in this category, out of 47 total.
- After visiting the temples of Tirumala and Tirupati, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had to subdue some atheists. He then visited the temple of Ahovala-nrsimha
- Although Bharata Maharaja was very aggrieved due to the separation of his so-called son, the deer, he thought that the moon was splashing gargled water on him from its mouth and that this water would subdue his high fever
- Among the Daitya demons I am (Krsna) the devoted Prahlada, among subduers I am time, among beasts I am the lion, and among birds I am Garuda
- Big political leaders might be able to conquer equally powerful political enemies, but unfortunately they cannot subdue their strong senses, the enemies that always accompany them
- By this art (if one desires something which is unreasonable and can never be fulfilled, the desire can be subdued and satisfied, and that is an art) one can also subdue sex impulses when they are aroused, as they are even in brahmacari life
- By this art (if one desires something which is unreasonable and can never be fulfilled, the desire can be subdued and satisfied, and that is an art) one can make even an enemy one's friend
- By this art (if one desires something which is unreasonable and can never be fulfilled, the desire can be subdued and satisfied, and that is an art) one can transfer the direct action of a physical element to other things
- Desires are very difficult to fulfill; but if one desires something which is unreasonable and can never be fulfilled, the desire can be subdued and satisfied, and that is an art. By this art one can also subdue sex impulses when they are aroused
- Due to our long association with bodily relationships, bereavement on account of the annihilation of friends and relatives is not at all astonishing, but one has to learn the art of subduing such bereavement with higher, transcendental knowledge
- In other descents the Lord sometimes used weapons to defeat the demoniac, but in this age the Lord subdues them with His all-attractive figure as Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- In subduing others, in joking, in responding to danger, in acting for the welfare of others, and so on, one could refuse to fulfill one's promise, and there would be no fault. By this philosophy, Sukracarya tried to dissuade Bali Maharaja from giving land
- In the mechanical system of mystic yoga, the airs within the body are controlled, and the senses are subdued and checked from being engaged in anything other than meditation upon Lord Visnu
- In the planet Atala, the yawning of a demon has produced three kinds of women, called svairini (independent), kamini (lusty) and pumscali (very easily subdued by men)
- King Nagnajit continued, "Until now they (seven bulls) have never been subdued by any prince; anyone who has attempted to bring them under control has simply had his limbs broken"
- Kirtanananda's offer to Brisakapi is good. If one is fully engaged in preaching, his mind will be subdued. That is the only way
- Lord Gaurasundara is greatly influenced by the love of His devotees. Therefore wherever there is pure devotion to the Lord, the Lord Himself, subdued by such love, appears, and His devotees see Him
- Lord Krsna's name is Madana-mohana, for He can subdue the god Cupid, or lust. Only by engaging in the service of Madana-mohana can one curb the dictates of Madana, Cupid. Otherwise, attempts to control the senses will fail
- Lord Nityananda's very features indicate that He is the subduer of the unbelievers. All sins and unbelievers flee from the loud shouts of Advaita Acarya
- One need only seek shelter of the shade of the Lord's lotus feet. Then all the material tribulations that disturb him will be subdued
- One should hold one's body, neck and head erect in a straight line and stare steadily at the tip of the nose. Thus, with an unagitated, subdued mind, devoid of fear, completely free from sex life, one should meditate upon Me (Lord Krsna)
- Our position is: we have forgotten God. But this forgetfulness can be subdued, and we can revive our original consciousness
- The beauty of Krsna’s eyes surpasses the beauty of white lotus flowers, His yellow garments surpass the brilliance of fresh decorations of kunkuma, His ornaments of selected forest flowers subdue the hankering for the best of garments
- The continuous ecstasy of love can remain like a powerful king, subduing all temporary manifestations of love as well as any opposing elements of anger. Thus ecstatic love can be described as direct or indirect
- The demons continued to say, “If there is some disease in the body which is neglected, it worsens and becomes incurable. Similarly, we must now be very careful of the demigods (disease for the demons) before they get too strong to be subdued
- The envious man is more dangerous than a snake because a snake can be subdued by charming mantras or by some herbs, but an envious person cannot be pacified by any means
- The Kurus thought, "If they (Yadus) come to challenge us because their son was arrested, we shall accept the fight & teach them a lesson, automatically they will be subdued under pressure, as the senses are subdued by the mystic yoga process of pranayam"
- The mind is restless, turbulent, obstinate and very strong, O Krsna, and to subdue it, I think, is more difficult than controlling the wind
- The senses, are just like dreadful snakes. But there is a means to subdue the snake
- The wives of the serpent, known as the Nagapatnis, saw that their husband had been subdued by the Lord’s kicking and that he was almost at the point of death due to bearing the heavy burden of the Lord, within whose abdomen the whole universe remains
- There are many subduing principles, but time wears down all things in the material universe and so represents Krsna
- There are snake charmer. They chant mantras, and they apply some herb, and the snake come under subjugation. But khalah kena nivaryate: "But the snake-like man, he cannot be subdued at any cost"
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned how to satisfy one's desires. Desires are very difficult to fulfill; but if one desires something which is unreasonable and can never be fulfilled, the desire can be subdued and satisfied, and that is an art
- Time is a subduing principle