Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
rescue | rescued | rescuer | rescues | rescuing
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Rescue"
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total.
- After conquering the demigods, all the demons had taken shelter in the lower planetary system known as Rasatala and had brought all the wives and daughters of the demigods there also. Maharaja Bharata, however, rescued all those women
- Akrura continued, "Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto You, who appeared as the gigantic tortoise that held up the great mountain Mandara & who appeared as the boar that rescued the earth planet, which had fallen into the water of the Garbhodaka"
- All of human society is in such a dangerous position that to be rescued it must abide by the standard instructions of the Vedas. The cream of these instructions appears in the form of Bhagavad-gita
- Pita na sa syaj janani na sa syad gurur na sa syat sva-jano na sa syat. In this way, the conclusion is, na mocayed yah samupeta-mrtyum. If one is unable to rescue his disciple from the imminent danger of death, he should not become a guru
- Prahlada Maharaja has likened these pseudo occupational duties to a dark well. Prahlada has purposefully spoken of this dark well because if one falls into this well, he will die. He may cry for help, but no one will hear him or come to rescue him
- The asura Hiranyaksa had dislocated the earth from its orbit and thrown it beneath the waters of the Garbhodaka Ocean. Then the Lord, in the shape of the original boar, rescued the earth
- The devotees, concerned only with rescuing the fallen souls from this material world, apparently take birth in different places in the material world just to save the conditioned souls
- The example of a dark well is given because in the fields there are many wells, unused for years and covered over by grass, and poor animals, not knowing of them, fall into them, and unless rescued they die
- The living entity must have some activity. If he does not engage in the activity of transcendental service, he must fall down to material activity. As soon as one falls down to material activity, there is no rescue from the cycle of birth and death
- The so-called comfortable family position is compared to a dark well in a field. If one falls in a dark well covered by grass, his life is lost, despite his cry for rescue