Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
reign | reigned | reigns | reigning
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Prevail (10 P)
Pages in category "Reign"
The following 42 pages are in this category, out of 42 total.
- Daksa was first born during the reign of Svayambhuva Manu, but because of offending Lord Siva he was punished by having the head of a goat substituted for his own head
- During the reign of Caksusa Manu there was a king named Satyavrata, who was a great pious ruler. To save him, the Lord appeared as the fish incarnation (Matsya) for a second time
- During the reign of Caksusa Manu, the King of heaven was known as Mantradruma. Among the demigods were the Apyas, and among the great sages were Havisman and Viraka
- During the reign of Lord Ramacandra the forests, the rivers, the hills and mountains, the states, the seven islands and the seven seas were all favorable in supplying the necessities of life for all living beings
- During the reign of Lord Ramacandra, the streets of the capital, Ayodhya, were sprinkled with perfumed water and drops of perfumed liquor, thrown about by elephants from their trunks
- During the reign of Maharaja Prthu, everything on the surface of this globe was sinless, and therefore the Kumaras decided to see the King. Ordinarily they do not go to any planet which is sinful
- If you perform yajnas rightly, you'll have got, you will have sufficient rains to produce everything. Maharaja Yudhisthira's reign, his kingdom, his government was conducted in that way. Profusely, the nature was producing profusely
- In the reign of Yudhisthira, the clouds showered all the water that people needed, and the earth produced all the necessities of man in profusion. Due to its fatty milk bag and cheerful attitude, the cow used to moisten the grazing ground with milk
- Indra is the chief demigod of the heavenly planets and is known as the king of the heavens. The planet on which he reigns is called Indraloka. Brhaspati is Indra's priest, and since Indra is the chief of all kings, Brhaspati is the chief of all priests
- It is calculated that he (Vidyapati) composed his songs during the reign of King Sivasimha and Queen Lachimadevi, in the beginning of the fourteenth century of the Saka Era, almost one hundred years before the appearance of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- It is stated that during the reign of Maharaja Yudhisthira there did not even exist severe cold or scorching heat, nor did the citizens suffer from any kind of mental anxiety. This is the standard of good government
- Jayadeva was born during the reign of Maharaja Laksmana Sena of Bengal, in the eleventh or twelfth century of the Saka Era. His father was Bhojadeva, and his mother was Vamadevi
- Just as no one can check the sunshine from spreading all over the universe, no one could check the influence and reign of King Prthu, which would remain undisturbed as long as he lived
- On the expiry of fourteen years, after settling the affairs at Lanka, the Lord came back to His kingdom, Ayodhya, by flower plane. He instructed His brother Satrughna to attack Lavnasura, who reigned at Mathura, and the demon was killed
- One cannot enjoy sovereignty or perform an agnihotra-yajna in the presence of one's elder brother, or else one becomes a usurper, known as parivetta
- The celebrity of earth has defeated that of the heavenly planets because of Dvaraka, where Lord Sri Krsna reigned as King. Three places, namely Vrndavana, Mathura and Dvaraka, are more important than the famous planets
- The reign of fourteen Manus equals the length of one day (twelve hours) in the life of Brahma, and the night of Brahma is of the same duration. These calculations are given in the authentic astronomy book known as the Surya-siddhanta
- The reigning king should be a pious, chivalrous devotee of the Lord and fear personified for the upstarts. He must also leave an heir apparent equally qualified to rule over the innocent citizens
- The seventh Manu, who is the son of Vivasvan, is known as Sraddhadeva. In this manvantara, or reign of Manu the seven sages are known as Kasyapa, Atri, Vasistha, Visvamitra, Gautama, Jamadagni and Bharadvaja
- The yuga-avataras (incarnations for the millennium) and the manvantara-avataras (incarnations associated with the reigns of the Manus) - all combine together and appear with the body of Krsna
- There is no need. History, we simply read Mahabharata, history of the great men, Pandavas, how they were fighting for the good cause, how they were reigning. That history. Not this rascal history
- This earth planet is known as Bharata, or Bharata-varsa, due to King Bharata the son of Rsabha, but according to some this land is known as Bharata due to the reign of the son of Dusyanta
- This land's name Bharata-varsa was established from the reign of Bharata the son of King Rsabha. Before him the land was known as Ilavati-varsa, but just after the coronation of Bharata, the son of Rsabha, this land became famous as Bharata-varsa
- This planet was formerly known as Ajanabha because of the reign of King Nabhi. After Bharata Maharaja ruled the planet, it became celebrated as Bharata-varsa
- Yudhisthira administered generously to everyone during his reign. He was exactly like a father. He had no personal ambition and was freed from all sorts of sense gratification because of his continuous service unto the lotus feet of the Lord Sri Krsna
- Yudhisthira understood that "When such great personalities (like Bhismadeva, Lord Krsna and Vyasadeva) are giving their opinion, that it was no wrong on my part," then he agreed (to reign the kingdom)