Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Queens of Dvaraka
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Queens of Dvaraka"
The following 49 pages are in this category, out of 49 total.
- After departing from the palace of Rukmini, Naradaji wanted to see further activities of Lord Krsna's internal potency, yogamaya; thus he entered the palace of another queen
- After dispatching His (Lord Krsna's) queens along with their children and sending their necessary luggage ahead, He mounted His chariot, which bore the flag marked with the symbol of Garuda
- After entering Dvaraka, Krsna was received in different ways by different members of His family. Upon seeing their husband from a distance, the queens of Dvaraka immediately embraced Him within their minds and slowly glanced over Him
- All the queens at Dvaraka were goddesses of fortune
- Although due to feminine shyness there were many hindrances to embracing the dear husband, Lord Sri Krsna, the queens performed that act by seeing Him, by putting Him in the cores of their hearts, and by sending their sons to embrace Him
- Although Lord Sri Krsna was constantly by their (the queens of Dvaraka) sides, as well as exclusively alone, His feet appeared to them to be newer and newer
- As far as Krsna's enjoyment is concerned, it is stated that the ornaments which decorated the bodies of Krsna and His queens were beyond the dreams of Kuvera, the treasurer of the heavenly kingdom
- As was socially customary, they (the queens of Lord Sri Krsna) covered their faces shyly and looked about coyly
- Devotional service following in the footsteps of the gopis of Vrndavana or the queens at Dvaraka is called devotional service in conjugal love
- Duryodhana was illusioned by this craftsmanship (of the demon Maya Danava), and when crossing water, thinking it to be land, he fell in. When Duryodhana, out of his foolishness, had thus fallen, the queens enjoyed the incident by laughing
- Jambavan the name does not suggest a bear, because his daughter was one of the queens of Dvaraka married by Krsna
- Just as the fountainhead, Lord Krsna, is the cause of all incarnations, so Sri Radha is the cause of all these consorts (the goddesses of fortune, the queens, and the milkmaids of Vraja)
- The children of these ladies (the queens of Dvaraka) are Pradyumna, Samba, Amba, etc: Ladies like Rukmini, Satyabhama and Jambavati were forcibly taken away by Him (Krsna) from their svayamvara ceremonies after He defeated many powerful kings
- The gopis and the queens of Dvaraka, simply by enhancing their lusty desires to enjoy Krsna as their boyfriend or husband, received the highest type of salvation
- The insuperable ecstasy was so strong that the queens, who were shy, first embraced the Lord in the innermost recesses of their hearts. Then they embraced Him visually, and then they sent their sons to embrace Him (which is equal to personal embracing)
- The Lord is so great that simply by chanting His name all the great sages like Narada can enjoy transcendental bliss. So what can be said about those queens, who were at every moment seeing the Lord and serving Him personally?
- The queens at Dvaraka were svakiya, or duly married wives, but the damsels of Vraja were young friends of the Lord while He was unmarried
- The queens got up at once from their seats and meditations. As was socially customary, they covered their faces shyly and looked about coyly
- The Queens knew that he must have performed great pious activities; otherwise why was Krsna, the husband of the goddess of fortune, taking care of him so much? They were still more surprised to see that the brahmana was seated on the bedstead of Krsna
- The queens of Dvaraka were so fortunate that they got Lord Sri Krsna as their husband and personal companion, although He is not approachable by exalted demigods like Brahma.
- The queens of Krsna are described as permanently youthful and beautiful. Although Krsna had grandchildren and great-grandchildren, neither Krsna nor His queens looked older than sixteen or twenty years of age
- The queens of Lord Sri Krsna rejoiced within their minds to see their husband home after a long period abroad. The queens got up at once from their seats and meditations
- The sages assembled in the forest of Naimisaranya inquired from Suta Gosvami about the birth of Maharaja Pariksit, but in the course of the narration other topics like Krsna's arrival at Dvaraka and residing with the sixteen thousand queens were narrated
- The ten sons of the next queen, Jambavati, were headed by Samba. Their names are as follows
- The young queens (of Krsna) were so beautiful that when they moved they appeared like lightning moving in the sky
- There is a statement in the Hari-vamsa wherein Satyabhama, one of the queens of Krsna in Dvaraka, tells her husband: "My dear Krsna, since I heard Narada glorifying Rukmini before You, I can understand that there is no need of any talking about myself"
- These different activities (talking with His wife, petting His children, performing some household duty) are conducted by the Lord when He is in His "emotional" forms, which are known as vaibhava-prakasa expansions
- These girls (the damsels of Vraja), as well as the queens (of Dvaraka), underwent severe penances by taking vows, bathing and offering sacrifices in the fire, as prescribed in the scriptures
- These residential quarters (in Dvaraka) numbered more than sixteen thousand, and a different queen of Lord Krsna resided in each of them
- They (the queens) fanned Him (Krsna) nicely, offered Him fragrant essential floral oil, decorated Him with flower garlands, dressed His hair, asked Him to lie down to take rest, bathed Him personally and fed Him palatable dishes
- They (the Queens) were especially surprised to see that Lord Krsna had embraced him exactly as He embraced His elder brother, Balaramaji, because Lord Krsna used to embrace only Rukmini or Balarama, and no one else
- They (the Queens) were surprised to see how eager Krsna was to welcome this particular brahmana
- They (the Queens) wondered how Lord Krsna could personally receive a brahmana who was poor, not very neat or clean, and poorly dressed; but at the same time they could realize that the brahmana was not an ordinary living being
- Though they (the queens of Dvaraka) tried to restrain their feelings, they inadvertently shed tears
- When all the principal queens of Lord Krsna had finished their statements, Rohini, as the representative of the other sixteen thousand queens, began to narrate the incident of their becoming wives of Krsna
- When the Lord (Krsna) was about to leave His palaces, all the queens would look at Him with feminine gestures. The Lord would respond to their greetings with smiles, attracting their hearts so much that they would feel intense separation from Him
- When the queens (of Dvaraka), with their heavy breasts and thin waists, moved within the palace and their ankle bells rang very melodiously with their movement, the whole palace appeared more opulent than the heavenly kingdom
- When the queens, with their heavy breasts and thin waists, moved within the palace and their ankle bells rang very melodiously with their movement, the whole palace appeared more opulent than the heavenly kingdom