Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
pretender | pretenders | pretender's
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Pretender"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total.
- A person in the disciplic succession can convey the message of the Lord as it is to his disciple. No one can be spiritually realized by manufacturing his own process, as is the fashion of the foolish pretenders
- A pretender is bewildered by the external energy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and one should either reject him from any position, or taking compassion upon him, teach him, if possible, to resume his original position
- A pretender is sometimes seen possessing imitative attachment to Krsna, that will not be accepted as real attachment. It may be said that such attachment gives the pretender hope that he may eventually rise onto the platform of pure devotional service
- A sincere person who follows (varna-asrama) method is far better situated than the false pretender who adopts show-bottle spiritualism to cheat the innocent public. A sincere sweeper in the street is far better than the charlatan meditator
- An incarnation of the Supreme Lord never declares Himself to be an incarnation, but His followers must ascertain who is an incarnation and who is a pretender by referring to authoritative scriptures
- Any imposter, pretender, representing as the incarnation of God or something like that, in those days, the king would not tolerate; immediately would cut his head, what to speak of thieves and rogues
- Anyone who directly executes an order from the Personality of Godhead is actually a religious person. Others are described as pretenders, for there are many activities going on throughout the world in the name of religion
- As a matter of fact, they (karma-yogis) are pantheist pretenders, trying to cover their extravagancy by falsely labeling it transcendental service to Godhead
- As soon as an experienced devotee sees all of these caricatures, he can immediately evaluate such rascaldom. If such a pretender is sometimes seen possessing imitative attachment to Krsna, that will not be accepted as real attachment
- I want to see a few sincere devotees, not many false devotees or pretenders
- If one is not a pretender but simply lives in Vṛndavana and concentrates his mind upon Kṛṣṇa, one is liberated from material bondage. One's mind is not purified, however, even in Vrndavana, if one is agitated by lusty desires
- If one somehow or other gets the opportunity to living in Vrndavana, and if one is not a pretender but simply living in Vrndavana and concentrates his mind upon Krsna, one is liberated from material bondage
- If you are conversant with the principles of God appearance, disappearance, incarnation, then you can understand who is a pretender and who is actually representative of God, by action
- In modern times the number of such pretenders has increased considerably, and it has become a problem for the pure devotees of the Lord to save the masses of people from the unholy propaganda of these pretenders and pseudo incarnations
- In the age of Kali there are so many pretenders dressed and posed like administrators or executive heads, but their real identity is disclosed when they are challenged by a real ksatriya
- Intelligent people who follow Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s instructions and the instructions of the acarya, the bona fide spiritual master, will not accept a pretender as an incarnation of God
- It may be said, however, that such attachment is like giving a future hope to the pretender, so that he may eventually rise onto the actual platform of pure devotional service
- The Krsna consciousness movement is spreading all over the world with two aims - to establish Krsna as the Supreme Personality of Godhead and to kill all the pretenders who falsely present themselves as avataras
- There are many pretenders who refuse to work in Krsna consciousness but make a show of meditation, while actually dwelling within the mind upon sense enjoyment