Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Parrot | Parrots | Suka
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Parrot"
The following 18 pages are in this category, out of 18 total.
- An old woman in Vrndavana stated, "In the language of the Kashmere Province, and with the parrots and other birds, as well as in most common languages, Krsna is so expressive"
- And, as ripened fruit becomes more relishable when first touched by the beak of a parrot, or suka, so Srimad-Bhagavatam has become more relishable by being delivered through the transcendental mouth of Sukadeva Gosvami
- If the fruit is ripened in the tree fully, then you taste it - it is very delicious. Another thing is that if any fruit in the tree, when it is ripened, it is tasted by the parrot, touched by the beak of the parrot, it becomes more delicious
- It is stated in the Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika that the two famous parrots named Daksa and Vicaksana in krsna-lila became Caitanya dasa and Ramadasa
- Simply quoting verses, like parrot, will not be very much beneficial. One must apply, jnanam vijnana-sahitam
- Somewhere He (Krsna) was picking quarrels with the young girls, somewhere He was scratching them with the nails of parrots, somewhere He was busy going to visit the gopis & somewhere He was negotiating through cowherd friends to take shelter of the gopis
- The aesthetic sense of the Lord is manifested in the artistic, colorful creation of varieties of birds like the peacock, parrot and cuckoo
- The practice of devotional service means so that we may be so accustomed to chanting Hare Krsna mantra that at the time of death we may remember it. Not like parrot
- There is no need of manufacturing. We are very safe because we don't manufacture. We simply repeat, parrotlike, what Krsna has said
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned how to train and engage rams and cocks in fighting for sport. They then learned how to teach parrots to speak and to answer the questions of human beings
- We have to simply repeat like parrot. Not exactly parrot. Parrot does not understand the meaning; he simply vibrates. But you should understand the meaning also; otherwise how you can explain?
- When Narada Muni was passing through Vrndavana, he came to the Bhandiravana Forest and saw in one of the trees the famous parrot couple that always accompanies Lord Krsna