Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
pacify | pacifying | pacified | pacifies | pacifism | pacifists
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Pacify"
The following 86 pages are in this category, out of 86 total.
- A person who can speak sweetly even with his enemy just to pacify him is called a pleasing talker. Krsna was such a pleasing talker that after defeating His enemy, Kaliya, in the water of Yamuna, He said
- According to political science, a king sometimes tries to pacify his subordinates, sometimes chastises them, sometimes derides them and sometimes rewards them. In this way the king rules his subordinates
- After hearing such enlightening instructions from Sri Balarama, Rukmini immediately became pacified and happy and adjusted her mind, which was very much afflicted by the degraded position of her brother Rukmi
- After instructing and pacifying all the demigods, as well as Bhumi, with sweet words, Lord Brahma, the father of all Prajapatis, or progenitors of the universal population, departed for his own abode, the highest material planet, called Brahmaloka
- After Krsna returned from His teacher's home, He was pleased to see Uddhava, who happened to be His dearmost friend. Krsna wanted to send him to Vrndavana with a message to the residents to pacify their deep feelings of separation
- After pacifying the King in this way, Kesava Chatri sent a brahmana messenger to Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, requesting Him to leave without delay
- After thus pacifying the Pracetas, Soma, the king of the moon, gave them the beautiful girl born of Pramloca Apsara. The Pracetas all received Pramloca's daughter, who had high, very beautiful hips, and married her according to the religious system
- All the quarters of the Gundica temple were completely cleansed and cleared. All quarters were cool and spotless, like one's cleansed and pacified mind
- Another gopi said, "Now we are requesting You (Krsna) to kindly place Your lotus feet on our breasts and pacify our lusty desires to touch You"
- Arjuna had to keep the promise he had made before Draupadi just to pacify her. And he also had to satisfy both Bhima and Krsna, who advised killing him (Asvatthama). This dilemma was present before Arjuna, and the solution was awarded by Krsna
- Arjuna visited Dvaraka, and all the widow wives of Lord Krsna lamented before him. He took them all in the presence of Vasudeva and pacified all of them
- As soon as Kamsa got this information from Narada Muni, he took out his sharp sword and prepared to kill Vasudeva for his duplicity. But Narada pacified him. "You are not to be killed by Vasudeva," he said. "Why are you so anxious to kill him?"
- Balarama said, "They (the Yadus) were preparing to attack the whole kingdom of the Kuru dynasty, but I pacified them and took the trouble to come here to settle the affair without any fighting. Yet these rascals behave like this"
- Being thus pacified, the goddess of fortune returned to her apartment. Just see! My goddess of fortune is opulent beyond all description
- Being very sorry, the he-goat, who was subservient to his wife, followed the she-goat on the road and tried his best to flatter her, but he could not pacify her
- Brahma was accompanied by all the demigods, headed by Siva, and Bhumi also followed. Arriving on the shore of the milk ocean, Brahma began to pacify Lord Visnu, who had formerly saved the earthly planet by assuming the transcendental form of a boar
- By serving You (Lord Krsna) constantly, one is freed from all material desires and is completely pacified. When shall I engage as Your permanent eternal servant and always feel joyful to have such a perfect master
- He (Balarama) took His bath there (the place of pilgrimage known as Prabhasa-ksetra), and He pacified the local brahmanas and offered oblations to the demigods, Pitas, great sages and people in general, in accordance with Vedic ritualistic ceremonies
- He (Kamsa) personally unlocked the iron shackles and very sympathetically showed his friendship for his family members. When Devaki saw her brother so repentant, she also became pacified and forgot all his atrocious activities against her children
- He (Krsna) told them not to be overwhelmed and in this way pacified them. But when He failed to come back with Nanda Maharaja, it appeared that He either cheated them or could not keep His promise
- He (Uddhava) had brought a message in writing from Krsna, and now he wanted to present it before the gopis, just to pacify them. He said, "My dear gopis, your mission of human life is now successful"
- He would think that His life was successful because He had seen the lotus-eyed one, whom, if seen, pacifies the body, mind and eyes
- How one can be pacified fully? When he does not manufacture the fulfillment of desire. We manufacture. The whole material world is going on by manufacturing ideas
- I am glad to learn how the students are friendly toward the devotees although they are generally depressed and rebellious. So Krsna Consciousness is so nice that it can pacify even the most rebellious person because it appeals to the soul
- I think if you ask all of them to cooperate with him while you stry to improve your business separately that will pacify things. I am hopeful and praying to Krsna that you become successful
- In fact, she (Satyabhama) could not be pacified until she was promised the whole tree. And Krsna actually fulfilled His promise: He brought the tree down to the earth planet from the heavenly kingdom
- In order to pacify them (Krsna's associates), Krsna smilingly said to Uddhava, "My dear Uddhava, you are always My well-wishing confidential friend. I therefore wish to see everything through you because I believe that your counsel is always right"
- In the Visnu Purana it is stated that in order to pacify Devaki, all the demigods, along with their wives, used to visit her to encourage her not to be afraid that her son would be killed by Kamsa
- It appears that Kasyapa was already inclined to have sexual enjoyment with his wife (Diti), and because he was not a strong man he tried to dissuade her only with pacifying words
- It is specifically said that to pacify the brahmanas, one's face should be lotuslike. A lotuslike face is exhibited when one is adorned with love and affection
- It was Krsna's special favor to Uddhava to send him to Vrndavana with a message for the residents there, which was meant to pacify them
- Krsna continued, "I request you (Akrura), O large-hearted one, to show Me the jewel just once before My other relatives so that they may be pacified and reject various kinds of rumors"
- Krsna continued, "Now you (Maharaj Ugrasena) can pacify them all and give them assurance of security. The whole kingdom will be peaceful"
- Krsna said, "I have decided to take them with Me to pacify My mother, Devaki. After seeing My mother, all six of these conditioned souls will be liberated, and thus in great pleasure they will be transferred to their original planet"
- Learned priests gave her (Rukmini) protection by chanting mantras from the Sama Veda, Rg Veda and Yajur Veda. Then they chanted mantras from the Atharva Veda and offered oblations in the fire to pacify the influence of different stars
- Lord Balarama, of course, could understand the ecstatic feelings of the gopis, and therefore He wanted to pacify them
- Lord Brahma asked Prahlada Maharaja to go forward and pacify the Lord's anger. Prahlada Maharaja, being confident of the affection of his master, Lord Nrsimha-deva, was not afraid at all
- Lord Krsna was in favor of Arjuna; therefore, along with other members of the family, He tried to pacify Balarama by falling at His feet and begging Him to pardon Arjuna
- Lord Siva can be pacified even by the lowest class of men, who need only offer him obeisances and leaves of a bael tree
- Lord Siva has two popular names, Rudra and Asutosa. He is very prone to anger as well as quickly pacified
- Maharaja Nanda replied, "We are arranging, therefore, to pacify King Indra, because he has very kindly sent us clouds to pour down a sufficient quantity of rain for successful agricultural activities. Water is very important"
- May there be good fortune throughout the universe, and may all envious persons be pacified. May all living entities become calm by practicing bhakti-yoga, for by accepting devotional service they will think of each other's welfare
- One kind of khala, the snake, can be pacified simply by mantras or by the action of a particular herb (mantrausadhi-vasah sarpah khalakena nivaryate). An envious person, however, cannot be pacified by any means
- One may sometimes be faced with a grievous situation created by a brahmana, but instead of meeting him with a similar mood, one should try to pacify him with a smiling face and mild treatment
- Sama means "pacifying." Vasudeva wanted to pacify Kamsa by indicating relations, gain, welfare, identity and glorification. Reference to these five concerns constitutes sama
- Shaking Uddhava's hand with His own hands, He (Krsna) said, “My dear gentle friend Uddhava, please go immediately to Vrndavana and try to pacify My father and mother, Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda-devi, and the gopis
- She (Rukmini) was therefore pacified by hearing the words of Krsna. Gradually she was freed from all fear of separation from Him, and she began to look at His face very cheerfully with her naturally smiling face
- Since the fisherman was afraid of being haunted by a ghost, Svarupa Damodara gave him a slap and chanted Hare Krsna, which immediately pacified him
- Sivananda Sena made all arrangements for the party's necessities. In particular, he pacified the men in charge of levying taxes and found resting places for everyone
- So long we are not again reestablished in our lost relationship with Krsna, we shall remain restless. That is our natural condition. Just like child is crying, restless. But when the mother takes the child on the lap, the child is immediately pacified
- So long you manufacture ideas, you may be pacified for some time, but it will not exist. Therefore you have to stop this manufacturing process, that "I shall be happy in this way." No. That is called free of anxieties
- Sri Advaita Acarya sent four persons - Nityananda Gosani, Jagadananda Pandita, Damodara Pandita and Mukunda Datta - to accompany the Lord. After pacifying His mother, Sacimata, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu submitted prayers to her lotus feet
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Please pacify all the devotees and My mother. If You become agitated, no one will be able to continue to exist"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, as the world leader, was personally giving instructions on how one should receive Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, within one's cleansed and pacified heart
- Sridama said, "If You want to pacify us, You (Krsna) must embrace each one of us with Your arms"
- The demon (Vrkasura) was greatly pacified by the sweet words of Lord Narayana in the form of a brahmacari, and at last he disclosed all that had happened in regard to the benediction offered by Lord Siva
- The Earth personified continued, "Your (Krsna's) soft and delicate lotus feet are always worshiped by Your unalloyed devotees, and those lotus feet pacify their lotuslike hearts. I therefore repeatedly offer my respectful obeisances unto You"
- The envious man is more dangerous than a snake because a snake can be subdued by charming mantras or by some herbs, but an envious person cannot be pacified by any means
- The heralding sound of the auspicious conchshell was very encouraging, and apparently the sound pacified their dejection (the inhabitants of the city of Dvaraka were in a mood of dejection, because they could not bear the separation of the Lord)
- The people are so mad, they are talking so many nonsense things - nonsense philosophy, nonsense science - and our task is to meet all of them and at the same time pacify them in their lunatic condition
- The symptoms of mahatma, great soul. So the first symptom is that he is equal to everyone, sama-cittah. And the next qualification is prasanta. Prasanta means pacified. He's not disturbed by any material anxiety
- The victims of war, namely, the family members of the Kurus, were lamenting the problems of death, and the Lord pacified them on the basis of knowledge
- They (foolish men) start varieties of public and semi-governmental institutions to tackle the devastating power of nature, but they don't know how to pacify insurmountable nature
- They (Vidura and Akrura) pacified her (Kunti), saying that her sons were extraordinarily powerful; she should not be perturbed about them, since they were born of great demigods like Yamaraja, Indra and Vayu
- They start varieties of public and semi-governmental institutions to tackle the devastating power of nature, but they don't know how to pacify insurmountable nature
- Thus hearing the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, speaking to pacify them, the gopis became very much pleased
- To pacify Rukmini, Lord Balarama said to her, "You should not be sorry that your brother (Rukmi) has been made odd-looking. Everyone suffers or enjoys the results of his own actions"
- To pacify the demon, the brahmacari told him (Vrkasura), "My dear, if you think that you can disclose the mission for which you have taken the trouble to come here, maybe I shall be able to help you so that your purpose will be easily served"
- Unless one can become free from the influence of passion and ignorance, he cannot be pacified, and without being pacified, one cannot understand the science of God
- Upon reaching the border of His (Krsna's) most prosperous metropolis, known as the country of the Anartas (Dvaraka), the Lord sounded His auspicious conchshell, heralding His arrival and apparently pacifying the dejection of the inhabitants
- When a citizen agitates the public against the king, the duty of the king is to call him and try to pacify him with sweet words, saying, "You are very important in the state. Why should you disturb the public with some new cause for agitation?"
- When Lord Krsna pacified Rukmini by His sweet words, she could understand that what He had formerly said was not actually meant seriously but was spoken to evoke some joking pleasure between themselves
- When Lord Krsna saw that they (the kings & Sisupala) were going to fight in the arena of the auspicious Rajasuya-yajna, He personally pacified them. Out of His causeless mercy He Himself decided to kill Sisupala
- When Lord Siva saw that his devotee Banasura could not be saved even in his presence, he came to his senses and personally came before Lord Krsna and began to pacify Him by offering the following prayers
- When one can control the urges of the tongue and genitals, that is called dhrtih. From dhrtih, one becomes dhira, pacified. A pacified person is never disturbed by the urges of the tongue and the genitals