Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
nail | nailed | nails
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Nails"
The following 45 pages are in this category, out of 45 total.
- A great devotee prayed, "I am a little surprised, however, that although Krsna is the husband of the goddess of fortune, His body is often marked with the nail pricks of ordinary society girls"
- Akrura continued, "All the plants, herbs are the hairs on Your body, the clouds are the hair on Your head, the mountains are Your bones and nails, the days & nights are the blinking of Your eyelids, Prajapati is Your genitals, the rains are Your semen"
- All devotees should worship Ganapati. The Deities should not be bathed in water which has been touched by the nails or fingers. When a devotee is perspiring, he should not engage himself in worshiping the Deity
- As the fight began, they (Krsna and the Gopis) splashed water on one another. Then they fought hand to hand, then face to face, then chest to chest, teeth to teeth and finally nail to nail
- Devahuti was so beautiful that her toenails appeared just like pearls, and as she scratched the ground it appeared as if pearls had been thrown on the ground
- Developing the business of economic condition, means the business of eating. And defending - either you defend with atomic energy or with your nails and claws, the process is defending. That is in the animal life also
- Don't spoil your nail
- Hairs on God's body are the cause of vegetation, particularly of those trees which are required as ingredients for sacrifice. The hairs on His head and face are reservoirs for clouds, and His nails are the breeding ground of electricity, stones and iron
- His (Krsna's) fingernails are many full moons, and they dance on the flute in His hands. Their song is the melody of that flute. His toenails are also many full moons, and they dance on the ground. Their song is the jingling of His ankle bells
- His (Krsna's) forehead is considered a half moon, the spot of sandalwood pulp on His forehead is considered a moon, and His fingernails and toenails are also different moons
- I (Prahlada Maharaja) offer my respectful obeisances unto Lord Nrsimhadeva, the source of all power. O my Lord who possesses nails and teeth just like thunderbolts, kindly vanquish our demonlike desires for fruitive activity in this material world
- If a yogi looks upon the marks of the Lord's sole and on the blazing brilliance of His nails, then he can be freed from the darkness of ignorance in material existence
- In the beginning of Krsna's kaumara age, there were the nails of tigers set in a golden necklace about His neck
- In the fourteenth incarnation, the Lord appeared as Nrsimha and bifurcated the strong body of the atheist Hiranyakasipu with His nails, just as a carpenter pierces cane
- Living in a thatched cottage, the vanaprastha should endure all kinds of heat and cold. He should not cut his nails or hair, and he should give up cleaning his body and teeth
- Lord Nrsimha-deva placed the demon (Hiranyakasipu) on His lap, supporting him with His thighs, and in the doorway of the assembly hall the Lord very easily tore the demon to pieces with the nails of His hand
- She (Devahuti) stood and scratched the ground with her foot, which was radiant with the luster of her gemlike nails. Her head bent down, she spoke in slow yet charming accents, suppressing her tears
- Somewhere He (Krsna) was picking quarrels with the young girls, somewhere He was scratching them with the nails of parrots, somewhere He was busy going to visit the gopis & somewhere He was negotiating through cowherd friends to take shelter of the gopis
- Srimati Radharani continued, "In the same way, we have been enchanted by the sweet words of Krsna, & by thinking of the rays of His toenails again & again, we are becoming more & more lusty for His association. I request you not to talk of Krsna anymore"
- Such philosophers (impersonalists) push forward the argument that although cow dung is dead matter, sometimes it is found that scorpions come out of cow dung. Similarly, dead matter like nails and hair comes out of the living body
- The dog, jackal, tiger, fox, cat, rabbit, sajaru, lion, monkey, elephant, tortoise, alligator, gosapa, etc., all have five nails in their claws. They are known as panca-nakhas, or animals having five nails
- The example given by the Mayavadi philosophers that inanimate matter like nails and hair comes from the living body is not a very sound argument. Nails and hair are undoubtedly inanimate, but they come not from the animate living being
- The horse, mule, ass, gaura, sarabha bison and wild cow all have only one hoof. Now you (Vidura) may hear from me (Maitreya) about the animals who have five nails
- The Lord appeared as Nrsimha and bifurcated the strong body of the atheist Hiranyakasipu with His nails, just as a carpenter pierces cane
- The Lord was fighting on the back of Garuda, who was helping Him by striking the horses and elephants with his wings and scratching their heads with his nails and sharp beak
- The other parts of Maha-Visnu's legs, the joints and lower extremities, were all very beautiful, the nails of His feet were dazzling, and His toes were as beautiful as the petals of the lotus flower. His helmet was decorated with very valuable jewels
- The pink, transparent toenails on the Lord's lotus feet are exactly like valuable gems polished to a mirror finish
- The polished nails of the Lord generate electricity, and the clouds rest on the hairs of His head
- The sastras state that the following bodily features indicate a great personality: a reddish luster in seven places - the eyes, the palms, the soles, the palate, the lips, the tongue, and the nails
- The smrti-sastras say, "Murderers of brahmanas are later afflicted by tuberculosis, drunkards become toothless, and those who have stolen gold are afflicted by diseased nails"
- The splendor of the transcendental rays from His (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) moonlike toenails and fingernails appeared like the petals of a flower
- The splendor of their (the Lord's lotus feet) beautiful ruby nails resembles the orb of the moon and dispels the thick gloom of one's heart
- We can simply imagine how powerful Hiranyakasipu was in this material world. But even Hiranyakasipu was cut into small pieces by the nails of Lord Nrsimha. This means that anyone materially powerful cannot stand the strength of the Lord's nails
- When a woman is neglected and disappointed, out of egoistic pride she gives up her ornaments and morosely sits down on the ground, marking lines on it with her nails
- When Krsna and Rukmini were talking, Rukmini became frightened of separation from Krsna, and therefore she began scratching the earth with her red, lotus-like nails
- When Lord Brahma, who was born of a lotus flower, saw that the effulgence of his residence, Brahmaloka, had been reduced by the glaring effulgence from the toenails of Lord Vamanadeva, he approached the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- When Nanda Maharaj saw the beauty of child Krsna with tiger nails on His chest, a complexion like the new-grown tamala tree, beautifully decorated tilaka made with cow's urine, arm decorations of nice silk thread and silk clothes tied around His waist
- When the Lord's footstep exceeded the height of all the lokas, including Maharloka, Janaloka, Tapoloka and Satyaloka, His nails certainly pierced the covering of the universe
- Without replying to a word of Krsna’s statement, she (Rukmini) simply cried in great anxiety, as if drowning in an ocean of grief. She silently scratched the floor with her toenails, which reflected reddish light on the floor