Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:My Guru Maharaja Used to Say...
"My Guru Maharaja Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati used to say" |"My Guru Maharaja therefore used to say" |"My Guru Maharaja, Sri Srimad Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami Prabhupada, used to say" |"My guru maharaj used to say" |"My guru maharaja used to say" |"my guru maharaja has said" |"my guru maharaja said"|"My Guru Maharaja, my spiritual master, used to say"|"my spiritual master, used to say"|"My Guru Maharaja therefore used to say"
Pages in category "My Guru Maharaja Used to Say..."
The following 75 pages are in this category, out of 75 total.
- Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati used to say that to control the mind one should beat it with shoes many times just after awakening and again before going to sleep
- Guru Maharaja said Jesus is saktyavesa-avatara, powerful incarnation
- Guru Maharaja said, "Yes, he (Prabhupada) is very expert. He can do. So it is better to live apart from you. And he will do everything when there is need."
- If I create one moon, that is sufficient. I don't want many stars. My Guru Maharaja used to say like that. That was my Guru Maharaja's principle, and that is my principle
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that "I am a brahmacari-sannyasi, but if I can bring Krsna conscious child, I can beget hundred children. I have no objection."
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that "If people do not come to hear this philosophy, don't be discouraged. You sit down in a room and try to preach. The four walls will hear you. Don't be disappointed."
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that "Suppose you are in a foreign country. You do not know the language. But when there is fire, you get friends without any language."
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that a man has fallen on the water, and one brave man came. He said that "I shall save this man." And he also jumped in the water and brought his coat and shirt
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that although this process is guaranteed, don't wait for another life. Finish this business in this life
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that anything material, if it is used in the service of Krishna, it is a mistake to give it up. Because I have understood this principle, he used to appreciate me in front of my godbrothers
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that for one who is not engaged in devotional service, reading all the books is simply like licking the outside of the honey jar
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that saintly persons should be seen not through the eyes, but through the ears
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that this material world is a society of cheaters and cheated
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that this world is not a fit place for a gentleman
- My Guru Maharaja used to say, "Do not try to see Krsna. Render your service in such a nice way that you let Krsna see you"
- My Guru Maharaja used to say, "If somebody becomes cheap, then nobody hears him."
- My Guru Maharaja used to say, "One who has got life - he can preach"
- My Guru Maharaja, my spiritual master, used to say that you have to select a spiritual master not by seeing but by your ear, by hearing
- My Guru Maharaja, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saravati Thakura, predicted that the time would come when the people of the world will learn Bengali to read Sri Caitanya-caritamrta
- My Spiritual Master, Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati, sometimes used to say that if after selling all of my property I can convert one person to Krishna Consciousness factually, then I shall think my mission is successful
- They are advertising as scientist, philosopher - false propaganda. They are nothing, all bokas. My Guru Maharaja used to say. In the beginning I could not understand, "Why he says everyone is boka?"
- Whenever my Guru Maharaja used to designate these Mayavadi philosophers, he would say, "Poor fund of knowledge."
- Without literature, how can we enlighten the people at large? My Guru Maharaja used to say that this press is brhad-mrdanga
- If you think you shall keep the money you collect there for future use for temple, that's alright, but my Guru Maharaja used to say, "Trust no future, however pleasant"
- Immediately after my meeting, he (my Guru Maharaja) said this, that "Why don't you preach this Caitanya's cult in the Western countries?" That is a memorable day. Of course, I did not know that I will have to do it
- May Krsna bless you for your growing enterprise to broadcast this Movement. This kind of transcendental enthusiasm is the basic impetus for Krsna Consciousness. My Guru Maharaja used to say, "One who has got life - he can preach"
- Money is coming there. Guru Maharaja said that "You do the right work, money will come. Money will fall down on your feet." There is no question of flattering. Do. Work sincerely. Everything will come, whatever you want
- My Guru Maharaja Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati used to say pran acche var sehetu pracar, "one can preach who has got life." So one who is preaching this Krishna Consciousness Movement means he has got real life
- My Guru Maharaja never took mango throughout his whole life. Whenever mango was offered, he would say, "Oh, I am a offender. I cannot take that"
- My Guru Maharaja said that "You go to the western country." If he had said that "You go to the jungle," I would have gone
- My Guru Maharaja said that instead of earning livelihood by showing the Deity in the temple, it is better to take the profession of a sweeper in the street and live honestly
- My Guru Maharaja used to give that example: A boy is flying kite...
- My Guru Maharaja used to say if somebody complained that "We go and chant, but nobody attends our meeting," so Guru Maharaja would reply that "Why? The four walls will hear you. That is sufficient. Don't be disappointed. Go on chanting"
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that "This is a society of cheaters and the cheated." That's all
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that don't accept spiritual life for living
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that everything is already supplied by Krsna; all the ingredients of different varieties already are there; there is no lack of anything in this world
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that if we ask from God for some material benefit, it means that I am asking from a king a pinch of ashes
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that in this world there is no scarcity by the arrangement of God; the only scarcity is this Krsna consciousness
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that there is no scarcity of anything in this world, save and except Krishna Consciousness. Keep your present attitude, intact; have good faith in your Spiritual Master and Krishna and everything will be all right
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that there is no scarcity of anything within this world, the only scarcity is people are not aware of Krishna Consciousness
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that these literature are the "Brhat Mrdanga," that is to say, the big mrdanga, because like the mrdanga which can be heard from a long distance, simply a few words can have a tremendous effect on millions of people
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that this householder life means it is a concession for sense gratification, that's all; but our position is that we should not continue sense gratification for all the life
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that we are trying to taste the rasa of milk in lime water; therefore we are baffled
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that when we shall see that the high-court judges are devotees of Krsna, then our preaching will be somewhat forward
- My Guru Maharaja used to say, "Do not go to Vrndavana with return ticket."
- My Guru Maharaja used to say, "Don't make a guru just like you keep a dog, as a fashion."
- My Guru Maharaja used to say, "Don't worry about money; do something nice for Krishna and money will come''
- My Guru Maharaja used to say, "One who has got life, he can preach"
- My Guru Maharaja used to say, "The best use of a bad bargain." Everything in Krsna relationship. That is yukta-vairagya
- My Guru Maharaja used to say, "When our men will be sahajiya, he will be more dangerous"
- My Guru Maharaja used to say, bokaloka. Bokaloka. So I was thinking, "Why he's..." Even Rabindranath Tagore, he's a Bokaloka. So I was thinking that "Everyone is bokaloka?" Now I can understand that everyone is a bokaloka, mudha
- My Guru Maharaja used to say, if somebody takes the salagrama and breaks peanuts, there is no devotion
- My Guru Maharaja used to say, man tumi kisera vaisnava. It is mental speculation that "I shall do like that, raha. I shall... In a secluded place, I shall chant." You cannot do that because your mind is not yet trained up
- My Guru Maharaja used to say, therefore, "This is a society of cheaters and cheated." That's all. Somebody is cheater, and somebody is cheated. And they have made a civilization of cheaters and cheated. That's all
- My Guru Maharaja used to say, you must be engaged continually for this missionary activity
- My Guru Maharaja used to say... One who was not interested in hearing, he used to call him a dandavat-class. Dandavat-class of men. That means simply he knows how to make dandavats, that's all
- My Guru Maharaja would become very angry. He asked them, "Are you commercial-hired fools? No! Supply free!" He used to say like that
- My Guru Maharaja, Sri Srimad Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami Prabhupada, used to say that every one of his disciples could attain Vaikunthaloka in this life, without waiting for another life to execute devotional service
- My spiritual master used to say me: Strike while the iron is hot, so if we delay the matter too long it may not remain a favorable proposition
- My spiritual master used to say this, that "Philosophy without religion is mental speculation, and religion without philosophy is sentimental."
- One who takes to spiritual culture, for them, this place is unfit. Unfit. My Guru Maharaja used to say that "This place is not fit for any gentleman's living"
- Our Guru Maharaj used to say these books are brhad mrdanga. See if you play the mrdanga here ten, twenty, hundred people can hear it. And if you play this brhad mrdanga then from one corner to the other everyone can hear it
- Spiritual master is the negotiator. He is the broker. Of course, without any brokerage, but he is supposed to be the broker or the transparent medium. My Guru Maharaja used to say, "the transparent media, via media"
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura says that all writers after Vrndavana dasa Thakura who are pure devotees of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and who have tried to describe the Lord's activities are to be considered like Vyasa
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura used to say that unless one chants at least sixty-four rounds of japa (one hundred thousand names), he is considered fallen (patita)
- The eternal bond between disciple and spiritual master begins from the first day he hears. Just like my spiritual master. In 1922 he said in our first meeting, you are educated boys, why don't you preach this cult
- The piling of woods and stone is not advanced civilization. My Guru Maharaja used to say that if you are simply engaged how to have a skyscraper building, then we become craftsmen only, how to handle woods and stones, that's all
- This book distribution, that was my Guru Maharaja's purpose. He said that I have got so many temples and now in Calcutta I have got a marble temple, but I would have wished that if by selling the marbles I could publish and distribute books
- What kind of guru? No publication, no preaching, simply bring some foodstuff. My Guru Maharaja used to say, "Joint mess," a place for eating and sleeping
- When there is fight, my Guru Maharaja used to say, "Some of our soldiers will die. It doesn't matter." You don't expect that not a single soldier of your party will not die. No, some of them will die. Still fight must go on. Fight cannot be stopped