Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Merely"
The following 72 pages are in this category, out of 72 total.
- A base fool thinks that devotion to Lord Krsna is merely a mundane psychological state of mind
- A civilization that does not consider the progressive advancement of the immortal soul merely fosters a bestial life of ignorance
- A devotee is neutral in all conditions of life, whether in the heavenly planets or hellish planets, whether liberated from the material world or conditioned by it, and whether blessed with happiness or subjected to distress. These are all merely dualities
- According to atheistics leaders, God and philosophical approaches to Him are merely leisure pursuits or parlor games to exercise the brain. By such discussions, however, the world does not gain anything of substance
- Although Prahlada is very near to me (Hiranyakasipu) and is merely a child, he is situated in complete fearlessness
- Although we (Yamaraja, Indra, Candra, Siva, Brahma and Surya) are in the mode of goodness, we cannot understand the activities of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. What, then, is to be said of others, who, under illusion, merely speculate to know God?
- An Aryan civilization is a civilization advanced in spiritual knowledge. Not merely by stamping oneself an Aryan does one become an Aryan
- Arjuna said, "Similarly, if the king or the executive head of a state cannot give protection to the head of the social structure, he is considered merely a bluffer"
- As with the naked eye one cannot know the sun except as a glowing substance, merely by philosophical speculation one cannot understand Lord Krsna's transcendental varieties
- As with the naked eye one cannot know the sun except as a glowing substance, merely by philosophical speculation one cannot understand Lord Krsna’s transcendental varieties
- Aspiring by oneself alone to achieve devotional service is also not very hopeful, because Krsna does not agree to award devotional service to merely anyone
- Balarama continued, "Such differences, observed merely on the basis of the body, are exactly like the differences between fires in terms of the various types of fuel they consume"
- Bali Maharaja did not get back all his material possessions merely because of his charity to the Lord
- Because He (Krsna) is the supreme advisor, He is above all the demigods, who merely follow the directions of the supreme advisor
- Brahma has a fabulous duration of life, but he was obliged to give up his body due to his grievous sin, even though he had merely contemplated it in his mind without having actually done it
- Even in simply drinking water, we kill many tiny aquatic creatures. We kill many such living entities merely by cleaning our homes or when eating and sleeping. In sum, we cannot avoid all the sins we incur, even unconsciously
- Everything happening within time, which consists of past, present and future, is merely a dream. That is the secret understanding in all Vedic literature
- He (Caitanya) rejected the idea of the importance of varnasrama-dharma when it was put forward by Ramananda Rai. He said that this advancement of varna and asrama is merely external
- He (Krsna) can have knowledge merely by glancing over an object, whereas innumerable impediments block the cognition of ordinary living beings
- How can He become daridra-narayana? Poverty is found within this material world, but in the spiritual world, there is no such thing as poverty. Therefore the idea of daridra-narayana is merely a concoction
- I (Laksmidevi) wish that You (Lord Kamadeva) may also place Your hand on My head, for although You already bear my insignia of golden streaks on Your chest, I regard this honor as merely a kind of false prestige for me
- If a person is victorious over the six enemies and is equipoised toward all living entities, for him there are no enemies. Enemies are merely imagined by one in ignorance
- If one studies Vedanta but merely advances somewhat in speculative knowledge and does not understand the Supreme Lord, one remains the same mudha
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam it is also confirmed by Prahlada Maharaj that merely by personal efforts or by the instructions of higher authorities one cannot attain to the stage of devotional service
- Krsna continued, "One cannot purify himself merely by traveling to holy places of pilgrimage and taking a bath there or by seeing the demigods’ forms in the temples"
- Krsna replied to the messenger of Paundraka, "I shall destroy you (Paundraka) and your foolish associates, who merely constitute a society of cheaters and the cheated"
- Merely a waste of time
- Merely seeing the moon from a distance cannot enable one to understand the real situation of the moon. One has to cross Manasa Lake and then Sumeru Mountain, and only then can one trace out the orbit of the moon
- Modern Raksasas, posing as educationally advanced merely because they have doctorates, have tried to prove that Lord Ramacandra is not the Supreme Personality of Godhead but an ordinary person
- Mucukunda continued, "They (living entities) are foolishly attached to so-called society, friendship and love, which merely produce different kinds of miseries"
- One cannot properly understand the Supreme Personality of Godhead merely by picking up expressions from a dictionary
- One who reaches an intermediate stage but does not make any substantial progress beyond it, merely remaining satisfied with that particular stage of his development, may be called by that particular name, as, for instance, "karma-yogi," "jnana-yogi"
- Sex life without the purificatory process of Krsna consciousness is merely the seed-giving process of the sudras or the animals. Krsna consciousness is therefore the best process of purification
- Supporting one's argument with evidence that also supports the opposing side is called jalpa. Merely trying to defeat one's opponent is called vitanda
- The abhasa feature of bhakti is compared to twilight, and the accumulation of one's sins is compared to fog. Since fog does not spread throughout the sky, the sun need do no more than merely manifest its first rays, and the fog immediately disappears
- The duty of those advanced in knowledge in human society is to study the constitutional position of the imperishable soul and not waste the valuable time of human life in merely maintaining the body and not considering life's real responsibility
- The few religious deeds that the demons perform are merely a show; they are meant only to flatter their false ego and bring them more recognition and respect. They perform them only for their own sense enjoyment and are invariably acts of violence
- The Lord does not create this material world at anyone's request, and therefore He can annihilate everything merely by His will. That is His supremacy
- The Lord does not create this material world at anyone's request, and therefore He can annihilate everything merely by His will. That is His supremacy. If one argues, "Why does He act in this way?" the answer is that He can do so because He is supreme
- The sacred thread on the body of a brahmana, ksatriya or vaisya is a symbol of initiation by the spiritual master; it is worth nothing if worn merely to boast of high parentage
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead creates, maintains and dissolves the cosmic manifestation merely by His will. For Him to create such a vast scene of devastation while fighting with an enemy is not so wonderful
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is full of spiritual potencies. Therefore His body, name, fame and entourage are all spiritual. The Mayavadi philosopher, due to ignorance, says that these are all merely transformations of the material mode of goodness
- There is no need to accumulate money in the bank merely to increase one's bank balance
- These austerities accepted by such rigid mundaners are, after all, aimed merely at material sense gratification, and therefore these austerities are useless in the transcendental sense
- These people are generally baffled because their various acts of sin and virtue are directed merely toward ameliorating the distress and enhancing the happiness of the temporary body and mind by behavior like eating, sleeping, mating and defending
- This method of submissively receiving transcendental confidential knowledge is not merely based on mental speculation
- To gratify the senses of the diseased fellow is not the business of a real physician. A good, qualified physician cannot indulge the patient by merely satisfying him, but must prescribe the real medicine, whether it satisfy the senses or not
- We are very interested in society, friendship and love, but what are they? Those in the garb of friends and relatives merely plunder the hard-earned money of the bewildered soul
- We should always acknowledge the mercy of God. We should not think that we can produce ample food grains merely with the help of tractors and fertilizers. These can help us only as instruments for such production
- What is the use of a wife? She is only the source of increasing material conditions. And what is the use of family, home, country and community? Attachment for them merely wastes the valuable energy of one's lifetime
- When Krsna grew up a little more, He began to turn Himself backside up; He did not merely lie down on His back. And another function was observed by Yasoda and Nanda Maharaja: Krsna’s first birthday
- When the mind wanders during the day and a man begins to think himself extremely important, or when he dreams at night and sees a beautiful woman enjoying with him, these are merely false dreams
- Without consciousness, the body is merely a lump of matter. Therefore, to return home, back to Godhead, one must change his consciousness from material consciousness to Krsna consciousness