Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Lady"
The following 115 pages are in this category, out of 115 total.
- After retirement everyone expects to live a very comfortable life in a well-furnished home decorated with fine ladies and children, without any desire to get out of such a comfortable home
- After this ritualistic ceremony, the ladies offered the remnants of the food to Rukmini as prasadam, which she accepted with great respect. Then Rukmini offered her obeisances to the ladies and to goddess Durga
- All the ladies at the arena said, "My dear boy (Krsna) - please leave this place immediately! Please leave this place immediately! Don't You see the big elephants coming to attack You? Your innocent gazing upon them is causing us too much perturbation"
- Another lady in the assembly addressed her friend, "Dear friend, just imagine how fortunate is the land of Vrndavana, where the S P of God Himself is present, always decorated with flower garlands engaged in tending cows along with His brother, Balarama"
- Another lady in the assembly spoke out, "My dear friends, just look at the face of Krsna. There are drops of perspiration on His face from chasing His enemy, and His face appears like a lotus flower with drops of water"
- Another lady said, "Don't you see how the face of Lord Balarama has turned especially beautiful? There is a reddish hue on His white face because He is engaged in a strenuous wrestling match with Mustika"
- As a woman Gandhari could have remained at home or at her father's house, but as a chaste and gentle lady she followed her husband (to the Himalayas) without consideration
- As Krsna passed through the street, all the ladies and women regarded Him with eyes bright with great affection
- Being compassionate and favoring Krsna and Balarama, the many ladies in the audience began to talk as follows, "Dear friends, there is injustice here." Another said, "Even in front of the King this wrestling is going on between incompatible sides"
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura writes in this connection that Sri Radha-kunda is the most select place for those interested in advancing their devotional service in the wake of the lady friends (sakhis) and confidential serving maids (manjaris) of Radharani
- Devotee lady
- Draupadi could not tolerate Asvatthama's being bound by ropes, and being a devoted lady, she said: Release him, release him, for he is a brahmana, our spiritual master
- Dressing themselves as the wives of brahmanas, all the celestial ladies, including the wives of Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, Lord Nrsimha-deva, King Indra and Vasistha Rsi, along with Rambha, a dancing girl of heaven, came there with varieties of gifts
- Each of the family members pours out a potful of the Ganges water for the departed soul and walks in a procession, with the ladies in the front
- Even in the houses of the cultivators, who were not very advanced in the modern ways of civilization, the ladies used to know how to chant mantras to give protection to children with the help of cow dung and cow urine
- Half-naked ladies in the street do not command any respect, but a shy sweeper's wife commands respect from all
- He was playing the part of her nephew. Such an enlightened lady could not commit a mistake by offering obeisances unto her nephew. Therefore, she addressed Him as the original purusa beyond the material cosmos
- I am always showing your paintings in Krsna Book to respectable Indian gentlemen and ladies and they are very much impressed that my American disciples have taken to this process with so much love and determination
- I feel obliged to this benevolent lady in so many ways for her helping this Krishna Consciousness Movement. I wish that Lord Krishna may give her a long life fully engaged in the service of the Lord
- I sometimes think of your mother. She is a nice lady and has good potency for improving in Krishna Consciousness. From the child's mentality the mother's mentality is judged and vice-versa
- I thank you very much for this your service. You are a good lady and a good devotee. Your willingness to serve shows what is your progress in Krsna consciousness
- I was surprised when I came to your country. I saw young girls and ladies, they have no bangles, no ornaments. At least, I was surprised. And smoking cigarettes. What is this opulence?
- If I am in renounced, I am naked, I eat, only eat fruit, and I live within jungle, and I have got many lady monkeys with me, oh, what sort of renouncement that is? That is not... That is called "monkey renouncement"
- If we want to perform real yoga system, then it is very difficult. Nobody... We are sitting here, so many ladies and gentlemen, is it possible for us to live alone in a secluded place in a mountain?
- If you all, ladies and gentlemen present here, take advantage of hearing about God from this institution, you will also become God conscious
- In accordance with the Vedic custom, they (the ladies and girls of Mathura) took yogurt mixed with fresh green grass and strewed it here and there to make the victory jubilation even more auspicious
- In India the system is that all the ladies and gentlemen who come in the morning to visit the temple bring so many things. Even one morsel of rice or one morsel of flour can be offered
- In modern times, girls and ladies have ornaments made of plastic instead of gold, and plastic utensils are used instead of golden ones, yet people are very proud of their material wealth
- In the arena of Kamsa, when Krsna was attacked by big elephants, all of the ladies present began to address Him in this way
- In the madhurya-rasa, characterized by conjugal love, one can become like Srimati Radharani or Her lady friends such as Lalita and Her serving maids (manjaris) like Rupa and Rati
- It is pleasing to me that the Gujarati ladies and gentlemen who are in San Francisco, they should take keen interest in this movement because superficially or from the historical point of view, Krishna was a Gujarati
- Krsna attracts even the mind of the goddess of fortune. He attracts, in special cases, the minds of young girls. He attracts the minds of the elderly ladies by paternal affection. He attracts the mind of the male in the humors of servitude & friendship
- Krsna said, "O ladies of Vrndavana, you are very fortunate, and you are very dear to Me. I am very much pleased that you have come here, and I hope everything is well in Vrndavana"
- Ladies and gentlemen, I thank you very much for your coming here and participate in this great movement. So this evening I shall present before you topics between Krsna and Arjuna. I think most of you know the Bhagavad-gita
- Ladies and Gentlemen, the President, I am very much thankful to you that you are eager to hear about what Krsna wants to speak. Krsna is accepted as the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Lord Krsna attracts the minds of all young girls and elderly ladies by His childlike activities. He also attracts the minds of His friends by His friendly activities. When He appeared in Vrndavana, He even attracted the birds, beasts, trees and plants
- Lord Krsna delightfully offered His respects and obeisances to Kunti and other elder ladies of the palace
- Nakula and Sahadeva (the younger brothers of the King) and also Satyaki, Arjuna, the Personality of Godhead Lord Sri Krsna, son of Devaki, and the ladies and others all unanimously agreed with the King
- Now when they actually saw Krsna and Balarama passing on the street and saw Them sweetly smiling, the ladies' joy reached the point of ecstasy
- One day when Krsna was engaged in stealing butter and yogurt in the house of Jatila, He assured His friends, "My dear friends, I know that this old lady is now sleeping very profoundly because she is breathing very deeply"
- One lady is prepared to donate a nice piece of land and $50,000 for erecting a Radha-Krsna Temple. That is very encouraging. If it is a fact, then I can go there for laying down the foundation stone and from there it may be easier to go to Sydney
- One lady told another, "My dear friends, we must accept the activities of the gopis to be the highest form of piety; otherwise, how could they have achieved the opportunity of seeing Krsna both morning and evening"
- One may ask, Since the Supreme Lord is the original father of all living entities, how could a lady known as Devaki give birth to Him as her son? The answer is that Devaki no more gave birth to the Lord than the eastern horizon gives birth to the sun
- One old lady, she used to come to my class. So she had a son. So I asked, "Why don't you get your son married?" "Oh, if he can maintain a wife, I have no objection." Just to maintain a wife is a great job in this age
- Out of a loving desire to see the Lord, the royal ladies of the Kurus got up on top of the palace, and smiling with affection and shyness, they showered flowers upon the Lord
- She (Draupadi) is described as a most beautiful lady, equal to her mother-in-law, Kunti. During her birth there was an aeromessage that she should be called Krsna
- She (Rukmini) also offered fruits, sugarcane, betel nuts and spices. With great devotion, Rukmini offered them to the deity (Durga) according to the regulative principles, directed by the old brahmana ladies
- Sikhi Mahiti's sister was named Madhavi-devi. She was an elderly lady who always performed austerities. She was very advanced in devotional service
- Sisupala said, "Ladies and gentlemen, I can appreciate now the statement of the Vedas that, after all, time is the predominating factor"
- So far as the lady psychiatrist making tests with our children, you should know that our children are fireproof and waterproof due to Krishna Consciousness so there is no harm for them. Let them test if they wish, we shall come out successful
- Some of them (ladies) had been taking their lunch, but as soon as they heard that Krsna and Balarama were in the city, they left their eating and ran to the roofs
- Some of them (ladies) placed their clothes in the wrong place. Some anointed their eyes on one side only, some wore ankle bells only on one leg or wore only one earring. In great haste, not even decorated properly, they went to see Krsna from the roofs
- Some of them (ladies) were in the bathroom taking their baths, but without properly finishing their baths, they went to see Krsna and Balarama. Some were engaged in feeding their children breast milk, but they put their babies aside and went to see them
- Some of these ladies were very old and knew perfectly well how to chant prayers to goddess Durga and Lord Siva; so, followed by Rukmini and others, they led these prayers before the deity
- Srila Sukadeva Gosvami has explained that in the beginning all the ladies of the palace, who were all mothers and stepmothers of Pradyumna, mistook him to be Krsna and were all bashful, infected by the desire for conjugal love
- The bodies are according to my desire. I am desiring something. Just like here we are sitting, so many ladies and gentlemen, but not one of them is similar to anyone else. They have got different bodies. That body is created according to one's desire
- The chaste lady Sati, the daughter of Daksa, heard the heavenly denizens flying in the sky conversing about the great sacrifice being performed by her father
- The children of these ladies (the queens of Dvaraka) are Pradyumna, Samba, Amba, etc: Ladies like Rukmini, Satyabhama and Jambavati were forcibly taken away by Him (Krsna) from their svayamvara ceremonies after He defeated many powerful kings
- The demigods who were present also began to offer beautiful prayers to Krsna. & the ladies and girls present expressed their joy from all corners of the arena. In other words, there was no one in that particular place with whom Krsna was not very popular
- The devotees can dress up in respectable clothes like ladies and gentlemen in order to distribute my literatures under special circumstances, but even this program should not become widespread
- The gopis began to imagine the great functions in the city of Mathura. Krsna would pass through the streets, and the ladies and young girls of the city would see Him from the balconies of their respective houses
- The great sages meditated. Hot tears were in the eyes of Devaki and other motherly ladies, and hairs stood on the bodies of the expert warriors. There was astonishment in the hearts of demigods such as Indra
- The ground on the Vaikuntha planets is made of touchstone. Thus there is no need to sweep the stone in Vaikuntha, for there is hardly any dust on it, but still, in order to satisfy the Lord, the ladies there always engage in dusting the marble walls
- The ladies are as beautiful as lightning because of their celestial complexions, and all these combined together appear just like the sky decorated with both clouds and lightning
- The ladies continued, "Persons who are aware of the civilized principles of justice will not remain to watch this unfair match"
- The ladies continued, "Those taking part in watching this wrestling match are not very much enlightened; therefore whether they speak or remain silent, they are being subjected to the reactions of sinful activities"
- The ladies got up on the roofs just to have a look at the procession and the Lord. The ladies did not mix with the crowd on the street, and thus their respectability was perfectly observed. There was no artificial equality with the man
- The ladies had lost their sense of enjoyment. They could not encourage the fighting between the strong and the weak
- The ladies in the higher planetary systems were capable of seeing both downward and upward
- The ladies in the Vaikuntha planets are as beautiful as the goddess of fortune herself. Such transcendentally beautiful ladies, their hands playing with lotuses and their leg bangles tinkling, are sometimes seen sweeping the marble walls
- The ladies must be clearly informed that we are not at all interested to be dictated by them. We cannot construct a meditation hall with Sarasvati and Ganesa or create a library with hodgepodge books
- The lady continued, "He (Krsna) is always accompanied by His cowherd boyfriends, and He plays His transcendental flute"
- The lady continued, "In the morning when He goes to the pasturing ground with His cows and cowherd boyfriends, and in the evening when He returns with them, playing on His flute and smiling very brilliantly"
- The lady continued, "The beauty of the Lord is beyond compare. No one is higher than or equal to Him in beauty of complexion or bodily luster"
- The lady continued, "The residents of Vrndavana are fortunate to be able to constantly see the lotus feet of Krsna and Balarama, which are worshiped by great demigods like Lord Siva and by the goddess of fortune"
- The lady continued, "We cannot estimate how many pious activities were executed by the damsels of Vrajabhumi so that they were able to enjoy the Supreme Personality of Godhead by looking upon the unparalleled beauty of His transcendental body"
- The lady continued, "While engaged in cleaning their houses and washing their floors, they (the gopis) are always absorbed in thought of Krsna"
- The old lady, Jatila, was not sleeping; so she could not contain her smiling, and her teeth immediately became distinctly visible. This is an instance of vihasita smiling
- The Vaikuntha planets are also surrounded by various airplanes, all glowing and brilliantly situated. These airplanes belong to the great mahatmas or devotees of the Lord. The ladies are as beautiful as lightning because of their celestial complexions
- The virtuous lady Diti had been very apprehensive of trouble to the gods from the children in her womb, and her husband (Kasyapa) predicted the same. She brought forth twin sons (Hiranyaksa and Hiranyakasipu) after a full one hundred years of pregnancy
- The word urdhvam ("upward") is significant here, for the ladies speaking were from the higher planetary systems, which include the moon, sun and Venus, up to Brahmaloka, or the highest planet
- There is no need to sweep the stone in Vaikuntha, for there is hardly any dust on it, but still, in order to satisfy the Lord, the ladies there always engage in dusting the marble walls. Why?
- There were hundreds of ladies in the palace of Hastinapura. All of them were affectionate to Krsna. All of them were relatives also. When they saw that Krsna was going away from the palace for His native place, they were very anxious for Him
- They (lady) had heard of Krsna, but they had never seen Him, and now their longing was relieved. After going up on the roofs of the palaces of Mathura, the ladies, their faces joyful, began to shower flowers upon Krsna and Balarama
- They (the inhabitants of Mathura) had been awaiting the arrival of Krsna and Balarama with great anxiety, and in their extreme eagerness to see Krsna and Balarama, the ladies did not dress themselves very properly
- They (the ladies) immediately received Lord Krsna with glittering eyes expressing their love and affection for Him, and Lord Krsna smiled and accepted their feelings and gestures of reception
- They are animals. What the dogs will understand? When there is one lady dog, one dozen dog will come. Smelling the best part of the body. This is their philosophy. So Freud is that: best part of the body, he's writing philosophy
- This entering of a chaste lady into the fire of her dead husband is called the sati rite, and the action is considered to be most perfect for a woman
- To a good lady like Draupadi, the matter (of Asvatthama) was considered not from the angle of sastric vision, but as a matter of custom
- To have a look at the Lord is a great festive occasion undoubtedly, as it was considered by the metropolitan ladies of Dvaraka. This is still followed by the devout ladies of India
- To insult a chaste woman means to bring about disaster in the duration of life. Duhsasana, a brother of Duryodhana, insulted Draupadi, an ideal chaste lady, and therefore the miscreants died untimely
- Today there was a television station interview in my apartment. They came with big cameras and microphones, and I played harmonium and one lady interviewed with a few questions
- When I was in America in 1966, one American lady asked me to recommend an English edition of Bhagavad-gita. But honestly I could not recommend any one of them, on account of their whimsical explanation. That gave me impetus to write Bhagavad-gita As It Is
- When Krsna entered the palace, all the ladies there were overwhelmed with affection just upon seeing Him. They received Krsna with glittering eyes expressing their love & affection for Him & Krsna smiled & accepted their feelings & gestures of reception
- When Krsna was on the lap of His mother, the demon Putana appeared before His mother and prayed to nurture the child in her lap. Mother Yasoda agreed, and the child was transferred onto the lap of Putana, who was in the garb of a respectable lady
- When Lord Krsna was entering the nicely decorated city of Mathura in a festive attitude, the ladies and girls of Mathura prepared different kinds of flower garlands to make the ceremony most auspicious
- When Lord Krsna, the Supersoul of every living being, understood that the ladies in the assembly were anxious for Him, He decided not to continue wrestling but to kill the wrestlers immediately
- When the Lord was on the lap of His mother, He would at once stop crying as soon as the ladies surrounding Him chanted the holy names and clapped their hands. This peculiar incident was observed by the neighbors with awe and veneration
- When the news spread that Krsna, Balarama and the cowherd boys were within Mathura City, all the inhabitants gathered, and the ladies and girls immediately went up to the roofs of the houses to see Them
- When they (ladies) actually saw Them with their eyes, they took Krsna and Balarama within their hearts and began to embrace Them to their fullest desire. Their bodily hairs stood up in ecstasy
- When Vasudeva passed away, he (Arjuna) performed his funeral ceremony in the absence of Krsna. While Arjuna was taking all the wives of Krsna to Indraprastha, he was attacked on the way, and he could not protect the ladies in his custody
- Within the house of Nanda Maharaja, the cowherd ladies would enjoy seeing the pastimes of the babies Rama and Krsna. The babies would catch the ends of the calves' tails, and the calves would drag Them here and there