- A devotee does not need to endeavor to transfer himself by yoga practice to other planets. Rather, the Supreme Lord, by His great mercy, comes at once, riding on His bird carrier Garuda, and at once delivers the devotee from material existence
- A devotee of the Lord is always fearless because of the protection given by the Lord. Material existence is something like a blazing fire in the forest, which can be extinguished by the mercy of the Lord Sri Krsna
- A ksatriya does not hesitate to kill his own brother. In other words, Balarama wanted to instruct Rukmini that Rukmi, Krsna were right in not showing mercy to each other in the fighting, despite family consideration, they happened to be brothers-in-law
- After Brahma had offended Krsna by stealing His playmates and calves, he begged the Lord's pardon for his offensive act and prayed for the Lord's mercy
- After enjoying love affairs with Krsna by dancing, embracing and kissing, the gopis would sometimes become very tired, and Krsna, out of His causeless mercy and compassion, would smear their faces with His lotus hands
- After hearing the prayers of the kings released from the prison of Jarasandha, Lord Krsna, who is always the protector of surrendered souls and the ocean of mercy for the devotees, replied to them as follows in His sweet, transcendental voice
- After Sisupala died by the mercy of Krsna & merged into the spiritual existence, & after the end of the Rajasuya-yajna, when all the friends, guests & well-wishers had been sufficiently honored and rewarded, King Yudhisthira went to bathe in the Ganges
- Age after age, the Personality of Godhead and His beloved confidential-servitor devotees bestow their unbounded mercy by dissipating the darkness of nescience of the people of the world
- Akrura continued, "I can thus understand that when a person becomes eligible to be delivered from the path of repeated birth, death, it is only by Your causeless mercy that he comes nearer to Your lotus feet & becomes attached to Your devotional service"
- Akrura continued, "Somehow or other I have come near Your lotus feet, and I consider this to be Your causeless mercy upon me. You can act in any way because You are the supreme controller"
- Akrura thought, "By His (Krsna's) merciful embrace, surely my body, heart and soul will be completely cleansed of the actions and reactions of my past life. When our bodies touch, I will immediately stand up with folded hands, with all humility"
- Although it was a somewhat childish determination because Dhruva Maharaja was nothing but a small child, Lord Visnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is so kind and merciful that He fulfilled Dhruva's desire
- Although Krsna is independent of everyone, out of His causeless mercy He is dependent upon Garga Rsi for religious instruction; for learning the military art He is dependent upon Satyaki; and for good counsel He is dependent upon His friend Uddhava
- Although my Guru Maharaja ordered me to accomplish this mission, I am not worthy or fit to do it. I am very fallen and insignificant. O Lord, now I am begging for Your mercy so that I may become worthy, for You are the wisest and most experienced of all
- Amogha, get up and chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra! If you do so, Krsna will unfailingly bestow mercy upon you
- Another gopi said, "The river Yamuna is unfortunate like us; it does not get Krsna’s mercy. The river simply remains stunned, stopping its waves, just as we also stop crying for Krsna in expectation”
- As stated by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, guru-krsna-prasade paya bhakti-lata-bija: by the mercy of Krsna and guru, one can get the seed of devotional service
- As you say we are all unqualified, but we become qualified by the mercy of Guru and Krsna
- At the Rajasuya-yajna of Yudhisthira, many thousands of brahmanas were present, yet Krsna was selected to be worshiped first. Therefore, Krsna is always the Supreme Person, but by His causeless mercy He recognizes the brahmanas as dearmost to Him
- Bali said, "By Your (Krsna's) causeless mercy only are we demons in direct contact with Your personality. This contact is not possible even for the great demigods. No one knows how You act through Your yogamaya potency
- Bali said, "My dear Lords (Krsna and Balarama), it is very difficult for the living entities to get to see You, yet when You are merciful upon Your devotees You are easy for them to see"
- Bali said, "Only out of Your (Krsna) causeless mercy have You agreed to come here and be visible to us, who are generally influenced by the qualities of ignorance and passion"
- Bali said, "Please be kind to me, who am fully surrendered unto You (Krsna), and favor me with Your causeless mercy so that I may simply remember Your lotus feet, birth after birth"
- Because we have the desire to marry, Krsna mercifully allows the so-called husband to possess a wife, and the wife to possess a so-called husband, for mutual satisfaction
- Bhismadeva appreciated the all-merciful attitude of the Lord
- Brahma said, "Your (Krsna's) appearance as a cowherd child is for the benefit of the devotees, & although I have committed an offense at Your lotus feet by stealing away Your boys & calves, I can understand that You have bestowed Your mercy upon me"
- By dint of one's personal endeavor one may go nearer to the Lord, but without the Lord's mercy one cannot reach the ultimate point. Such understanding of the Lord is possible only by devotional service
- By the Grace of Sri Krishna through His mercy personified - my spiritual master, I have realized it most thoroughly that going "Back to Godhead" is the highest privilege of mankind and that is the supreme perfection of human life
- By the mercy of the guru and Krsna, one receives the seed of bhakti. This association saves a devotee from the greatest fear
- By the mercy of the spiritual master one is benedicted by the mercy of Krsna. Without the grace of the spiritual master, one cannot make any advancement. A disciple should never be a hypocrite or be unfaithful to his spiritual master
- By the moonshine, all the vegetables are nourished. The moonshine is so pleasing that people can easily understand that they are living by the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna
- I (Arjuna) fall down to offer You my respectful obeisances and ask Your mercy. As a father tolerates the impudence of his son, a friend the impertinence of a friend, or a husband the familiarity of his wife, please tolerate the wrongs I may have done You
- I am also glad to hear that you are improving your position. So do your duty nicely, taking it as Krishna's mercy, and try to serve Krishna as far as possible
- I am not elegible for these honors. Whatever is being done, it is Lord Krishna's mercy. He is unlimited and His mercy is also unlimited, so by His mercy even a crow can dance like a peacock
- I am sorry to learn that Visvanatha and Kunti Devi did not take this very seriously. What can be done? They will have to wait to the next life, or if Krishna's Mercy is there, they will come back surely
- I am very glad to learn that your illness is cured. You can take it that it is Krsna's mercy
- I came in New York in such condition, but by the grace of my spiritual master Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami Maharaja, and by the grace of Krsna, everything happens by combined mercy of Krsna and spiritual master
- I came to this foreign country without any acquaintance. So Krsna has sent so many fathers to love me. In that way I am fortunate. At the last stage if I live very peacefully, that is a great mercy of Krsna
- I had planned to preach so much here. But all the work is postponed due to my health deteriorating. Certainly the disciples are doing their best but they need to learn a lot. It is all possible if Krsna bestows His mercy
- "I know you will be pleased to know that the N.Y. center is really doing well; in fact, I believe they are really stronger now than ever before." I am very glad to learn this and I am very much encouraged to know it. It is all Krishna's mercy
- If a devotee accepts Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu as the universal guru and Lord Jagannatha as the Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna, he is benefited by the combined mercy of Krsna and guru
- If I find someone overpowered by false pride, in order to show him My causeless mercy I withdraw all his opulences
- If one can gradually advance his status in devotional service, this is understood to be due to the causeless mercy of Krsna Himself
- If one is serious about going back home, back to Godhead, he must consider the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead the summum bonum and chief aim of life
- If the disciple follows the principles rigidly and undeviatingly, he will certainly receive the mercy of Krsna. This is confirmed by the sastras
- If we are sincerely in Krsna consciousness, that Krsna is always with us, He gives us protection, His mercy is there. Everything is there. With this conviction, we should continue Krsna consciousness
- If we take up that causeless Mercy a little seriously than further causeless Mercies are bestowed one after another unceasingly. Krishna is more anxious to bestow His benediction upon us than we are ready to take it
- If you are determined in this way to be His devotee, Krishna will provide some happy solution. But even if He puts us into extreme difficulty, we must always be prepared to consider everything as His special Mercy
- In the human form of life one can obtain the guidance of a good navigator, the spiritual master. One also gets a favorable wind by the mercy of Krsna, and that wind is the instructions of Krsna
- In the rasa dance, the Lord showed His favor to the most fortunate gopis by placing His arms on their shoulders and dancing with each of them individually. No one can compare with the gopis, who received the causeless mercy of the Lord
- In this temple there is guru and there is Krsna, and we call people to take the mercy of guru and Krsna. This is Krsna consciousness movement
- Indra said, "I acted out of severe anger caused by Your stopping the sacrifice which was to be held to satisfy me. But, my dear Lord (Krsna), You are so kind to me that You have bestowed Your mercy upon me by destroying all my false pride"
- Indra said, "You (Krsna) are so merciful that without accepting their offenses You devise means so that their false prestige is subdued and they can know that You, and no one else, are the Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- It is all Krsna's mercy. Every line is perfect
- It is confirmed in the CC that the living entities are wandering within the universe in various species of life but by the mercy of Krsna & the spiritual master they can get the seed of devotional service, and thus their path of liberation can be cleared
- It is said that the moon does not withhold its shining from the courtyard of a crooked person. Similarly, Krsna's transcendental mercy is never denied to anyone who has rendered service unto Him, whether through lust, anger, fear or pure love
- It is simply illusion for one to think that Krsna begged food from the brahmanas. It was actually a trick to show them mercy by teaching them that they should accept Him in pure devotional service instead of engaging in ritualistic ceremonies
- It is the duty of the father and mother to train children in such a way that they will be interested in guru and Krsna. Why? By the mercy of guru and Krsna, he'll get bhakti-lata-bija. And that is real life
- It is the mercy of Krishna that you are getting fair warning of your nearing death. Now, you must become very serious to prepare to meet death without fear of being fully absorbed in the lotus feet of Krishna
- Kaliya said, "My dear Lord, I (Kaliya) am born as a serpent; therefore, by natural instinct I am very angry. How is it then possible to give up my acquired nature without Your mercy? It is very difficult to get out of the clutches of Your maya"
- King Nrga said, "My dear Supreme Lord Krsna, because You have given me this body of a demigod, I will have to go to some heavenly planet; so I am taking this opportunity to beg for Your mercy"
- Krishna has His own plan for using your country-men for this movement. So, accept Krishna's mercy and do the needful. It is not just my desire, it is the desire of Lord Caitanya, then my Guru Maharaja, then it is my desire
- Krishna is always willing to shower His mercy upon His devotees, so we have simply to become receptive to this mercy by devotional service, and then the path is very easy
- Krishna is giving you intelligence and bestowing His Mercy upon you; continue this attitude, whenever you feel some difficulty, chant Hare Krishna. Pray to Krishna to help you, and there will be no difficulty. Be rest assured
- Krishna is never apart from us. Either He remains in the heart of the material body, or He remains in the heart of the spiritual body. This is Krishna's Causeless Mercy to all of His beloved children, or living entities
- Krishna is very merciful to His sincere devotees, but also we have to remember that Maya is very strong. Therefore, we have to always be engaged in serving Krishna
- Krishna's mercy is always bestowed upon one who is sincerely serving Him
- Krsna actually appears for the deliverance of the sadhus, or bhaktas, but by killing the demons He shows them mercy also, for anyone killed by Krsna is liberated. Whether the Lord kills or gives protection, He is kind to both the demons and the devotee
- Krsna concluded, "I shall act in such a way as to relieve him of this false prestige. I shall give protection to My pure devotees in Vrndavana, who are at present completely dependent on My mercy and whom I have taken completely under My protection"
- Krsna continued, "I am very affectionately inclined toward My devotees, and in your previous life, before your present condition, you (Mucukunda) acted as My great devotee and prayed for My causeless mercy"
- Krsna continued, "My dear King Mucukunda, you are My great devotee, and just to show you My causeless mercy I have appeared in this cave"
- Krsna does not force; Krsna desires, He orders, that "You do this." Sarva-dharman parityajya mam ekam saranam vraja (BG 18.66). But He does not interfere with the little independence. That is Krsna's mercy
- Krsna gives His devotees all protection, and they should completely depend on His mercy
- Krsna is so kind. The kindness, the mercifulness of Krsna, nobody can repay
- Krsna is so merciful that because the demon Putana came to offer her breast milk to Him, He fulfilled her desire and accepted her activity as motherly. But to stop her from further nefarious activities, He immediately killed her
- Krsna is so merciful that even though He knew Putana was there to kill Him, He took her as His nurse or mother
- Krsna is so merciful that He turns a sakama-bhakta into an akama-bhakta. A pure devotee, an akama-bhakta, who has no material motives, is satisfied simply to serve the lotus feet of the Lord
- Krsna is unlimited, no one can catch Him, but if someone follows the parampara, he agrees to be captured. Everyone is afraid of Krsna, but Krsna is afraid of Mother Yasoda. That is Krsna's special mercy
- Krsna manifests His eternal humanlike form and performs His pastimes to show mercy to the devotees. Having heard such pastimes, one should engage in service to Him
- Krsna said, "You (Indra) should always remember that all your material opulences are due to My mercy. No living entity can independently become opulent; one must be favored by My mercy. Everyone should always remember that I am the Supreme Lord"
- Krsna's mercy is not exhibited in partiality towards one and enmity towards another
- Krsna's transcendental mercy is never denied to anyone who has rendered service unto Him, whether through lust, anger, fear or pure love
- Krsna, out of His causeless mercy, He comes. At a certain interval during one day of Brahma, He comes. He exhibits His lila, that "Anyone who desires to go back to home, back to Godhead, they can enjoy with Me like this"
- Living entities who are wandering within this universe in different species of life can very easily achieve the greatest benediction only by Your mercy.”
- Lord Caitanya said that only one who is fortunate can get the seed of transcendental loving service, by the mercy of Sri Krsna, the Personality of Godhead, and that of the spiritual master
- Lord Krsna, out of His causeless mercy upon the inhabitants of Vraja, held up the hill known as Govardhana with one hand only, although He was only seven years old. He did this to protect the animals from the onslaught of water
- Lord Krsna, out of His causeless mercy, prepared the Vedic literatures in the incarnation of Vyasadeva for reading by the intelligent class of men in a human society which is almost totally forgetful of the genuine relation with Krsna
- Lord Siva said, "My dear Lord, only by Your mercy and grace can the living entity get the human form of life, which is a chance to get out of the miserable condition of material existence"
- Lord Sri Krsna is naturally very affectionate toward His devotees, and when He saw Rukmini's condition, His heart immediately softened. At once He became merciful to her
- Material life means great risk-at every step there is danger. But, a devotee is not jolted by this. He simply tries to render whatever service possible and accepts everything as the mercy of Krishna
- Mature understanding of Krsna consciousness means that whatever condition of life I am in at present, that is Krsna's special mercy upon me, therefore let me take advantage in the best way possible to spread this Krsna consciousness movement
- Medicine is not the remedial measures for our bodily troubles unless we are helped by Krishna. Therefore, whenever there is bodily trouble we may adopt the prescribed methods of medical science and depend upon Krishna for His Mercy
- Mercy is also described as paramam, for it has no comparison within this material world, and it is also called suksmam, very fine
- Mucukunda continued, "By Your causeless mercy (Krsna's) only have I lost all my material opulences, my kingdom and my family. I do not think I could have gotten rid of all these entanglements without Your causeless mercy"
- Mucukunda continued, "It is therefore very difficult to get out of material entanglement, but if one is somehow or other favored by You, by Your mercy alone he is given the opportunity to associate with a pure devotee"
- Mucukunda continued, "Kings and emperors sometimes accept the life of an ascetic to forget their royal life, but by Your special causeless mercy I have already been bereft of royalty. I do not need to become a mendicant or practice renunciation"
- Mucukunda continued, "My dear Lord, You are so merciful that in spite of my being reluctant to associate with Your pure devotees, You have shown Your extreme mercy upon me as a result of my slight contact with such a pure devotee as Garga Muni"
- My dear princes, by My mercy, you can enjoy all the facilities of this world as well as the heavenly world. Indeed, you can enjoy all of them without hindrance and with full strength for one million celestial years
- My Lord (Krsna), when Jarasandha is killed, queens of all the imprisoned kings will be joyful at their husbands' being released by Your mercy that they will sing Your glories, being as pleased as the gopis were when released from the hands of Sankhacuda
- Narada addressed the Lord as follows: "By Your (Krsna's) mercy, because of my being always engaged in the transcendental loving service of Your lotus feet, Your Lordship has very kindly revealed to me the actions of Your internal potency"
- Narada spoke as follows: "By Your (Krsna's) causeless mercy, my Lord, You descend to exhibit Your various transcendental pastimes, which are illuminating and full of glory. Therefore I have no alternative but to offer my respectful obeisances unto You"
- Narada spoke as follows: "He (Yudhisthira) is fully satisfied, and he does not need anything more. He is full in everything, but now he wants to worship You (Krsna) to achieve Your causeless mercy, and I beg to request You to fulfill his desires"
- Not only is the Lord's (Krsna) mercy upon the tried devotee great and unlimitedly expansive, but it is of the finest quality of transcendental love between the devotee and the Lord
- Now keep yourself pure and Krsna will help you. Krsna has become merciful upon you. I am only the agent. He has special favor upon Americans, so tell your countrymen to take advantage and spread our teaching all over the world
- O Dharma, whatever you have inquired from me shall be known to you. I shall try to reply to all those questions. Once you too were maintained by your four legs, and you increased happiness all over the universe by the mercy of the Lord
- Of course, it is not possible to take the shelter of Krsna directly. That is not possible. May be possible by Krsna's special mercy, but general process is you have to go through the mercy or process of accepting a guru
- One can be safe from the clutches of repeated birth and death by Your mercy only. My dear Krsna, You are the supreme pure one, the Supersoul and the master of all yogis. What can I (Queen Kunti) say? I can simply offer my respectful obeisances unto You
- One can understand the Supreme Personality of Godhead when one is even slightly favored by Him; otherwise, without His mercy, a man may speculate for thousands of years and not understand what is actually the Absolute Truth
- One cannot know the Supreme Lord unless one is graced by the Lord Himself. Lord Krsna exhibited this specific mercy towards Arjuna and Uddhava while He was in the material world
- One is successful in Krishna consciousness by the combined Mercy of the Spiritual Master and Krishna. By the Mercy of Krishna we come in contact with a bona fide Spiritual Master and by the Mercy of a bona fide Spiritual Master we can approach Krishna
- One ordinarily does not begin to practice bhakti-yoga unless he has practiced it in previous births. Moreover, one can begin bhakti-yoga only by the mercy of the spiritual master and Krsna
- One should not be impatient in discharging devotional service but should take instructions from the spiritual master and execute them with patience, depending on the mercy of guru and Krsna
- Only by the grace of spiritual master we can achieve the grace or mercy of Krsna. This is the meaning of this Vyasa-puja, offering obeisances by parampara system
- Only love and penance combined can please the Lord, and thus one is able to attain His complete mercy
- Only the fools consider that Krsna is ordinary human being. He comes to give us lesson what is actually God. God is Krsna. Krsnas tu bhagavan svayam. Therefore it is His mercy that He comes before us to show what is actually God
- Out of His causeless mercy and affection for His pure devotees, sometimes the Lord carries out the order of the devotee like an awaiting servant
- Out of His causeless mercy and compassion, Krsna has compiled various Vedic literatures in His incarnation as Vyasadeva. Vyasadeva is a saktyavesa-avatara of Lord Krsna
- Out of His causeless mercy, Krsna had gone to the heavenly kingdom, Amaravati, to present King Indra with his mother's earrings, which had been lost to Bhaumasura, and Indra had been very glad to receive them
- Sages like Marici prayed for the mercy of the Lord (to protect Brahma, who was sexually inclined to his own daughter, from the allurement of lusty material desires), and their prayer was fruitful
- Sages said, "Dear Lord (Krsna), we are all surrendered souls, devotees of Your Lordship; therefore, please be kind and bestow Your causeless mercy upon us"
- Sahadeva said, "These four principles of progressive life can be executed by the mercy of Krsna only. He should therefore be offered the first worship in this great sacrifice, and no one should disagree"
- Sannyasi must be independent and not rely upon temples to pay his expensive travelling costs, simply he must take Krishna's mercy whenever and wherever it is offered
- Sense gratification means you must have material senses to gratify. So Krsna is so pleased, so merciful, not pleased, but He's very merciful, "All right, this rascal wants like this. Give him this facility. All right
- She (Satya) thought that the Supreme Personality of Godhead could be pleased only out of His own causeless mercy upon the devotee; otherwise, there was no means to please Him
- Since Lord Krsna was very merciful toward these two devotees, King Bahulasva and the brahmana Srutadeva, He one day asked His driver, Daruka, to take His chariot into the capital city of Mithila
- Since the Supreme Personality of Godhead is always merciful, even when it appears that He has killed a demon, or even when He apparently becomes angry toward a devotee, His actions are always auspicious
- So the way for you to increase the capacity of receiving Krishna's Mercy is to chant Hare Krishna regularly, at least 16 rounds per day, to associate with devotees of Krishna, and to follow the rules and regulations
- So this eagerness to have Krsna, that eagerness is even impossible. It is simply happened by the mercy of Krsna and His devotee
- Somehow or other if we come in contact with Krsna, by the mercy of Krsna's confidential devotees, then our life becomes success. That is described here. Tyaktva deham punar janma naiti. Then this transmigration of the soul stops
- Sometimes the Lord wants to be defeated by His devotee. Nobody can defeat the Lord, but still He desires like that sometimes. That is His mercy
- Spontaneous love for Krsna can be developed only by the special mercy of Krsna or His pure devotee. This process of devotional service is sometimes called pusti-marga. Pusti means "nourishing," and marga means "path"
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura explains that unless one is directly empowered by the causeless mercy of Krsna, one cannot become the spiritual master of the entire world (jagad-guru)
- Srila Vyasadeva is the empowered plenary portion incarnation of the Personality of Godhead Sri Krsna. He descended by his causeless mercy to deliver the fallen souls in the material world
- Srimati Radharani continued, “Krsna advertises Himself as magnanimous, and He is praised by great saints. His qualifications would be perfectly utilized if He would only show us some mercy, for we are so much downtrodden and neglected by Him"
- Such mercy (Krsna's) is further described as cin-matram, completely spiritual. The use of the word matram indicates absolute spirituality, with no tinge of material qualities
- Sudama thought, "Certainly these are gifts of Lord Krsna’s causeless mercy. The Lord is self-sufficient, the husband of the goddess of fortune, and thus He is always full with six opulences"
- Surrender means not that we demand something from the Lord but that we completely depend on His mercy. If Krsna likes, He may keep His devotee in a poverty-stricken condition, or if He likes He may keep him in an opulent position
- The association of pure devotees, the mercy of Krsna and the rendering of devotional service - all these help one give up the association of nondevotees and the material opulence awarded by the external energy, maya
- The atheists, headed by the Mayavadi philosophers, do not care for liberation or Krsna's mercy. They simply continue to put forward false arguments and countertheories to atheistic philosophy, not considering or engaging in spiritual matters
- The brahmanas continued, "Even though we were reminded of Krsna and Balarama by the cowherd boys, we disregarded Them. We now think that the Supreme Personality of Godhead simply played a trick of mercy on us by sending His friends to beg food from us"
- The cowherd men said, "By picking up Govardhana Hill, just as a child picks up a mushroom, He (Krsna) saved us so wonderfully. May He continue to glance mercifully over us and our cows. May we live peacefully under the protection of wonderful Krsna"
- The gopis are like food grains in the field, and when the cloud pours rain on those grains, it appears that Krsna is nourishing the hearts of the gopis by calling down His pastime rain of mercy
- The great fighters on the Battlefield of Kuruksetra could swallow many, many Arjunas very easily, but simply due to Krsna's mercy, Arjuna was able to kill all of them
- The human race should take the Vedic wisdom of Sri Isopanisad and not quarrel over material possessions. One must be satisfied with whatever privileges are given to him by the mercy of the Lord
- The kings continued: "By Your (Krsna's) causeless mercy only, we are now able to think of Your lotus feet. This is our greatest gain"
- The kings continued: "We consider our position Your (Krsna's) causeless, unalloyed mercy upon us because now we can understand that we were falsely proud and that our material opulences could be withdrawn from us within a second by Your will"
- The Lord is merciful; if anyone wants to forget Him and enjoy this material world, He gives him full facility, not directly but through the agency of His material potency
- The Lord is so merciful that He Himself descends to take the fallen souls back home
- The lord, being very merciful, quickly awards all the blessings the devotee asks of him. The demons take advantage of this leniency and sometimes take benedictions from Lord Siva which can be very dangerous to others
- The man to whom the Lord shows His mercy by inspiring him within the heart takes shelter only of Lord Krsna and abandons all Vedic and social customs
- The mercy bestowed upon the tried devotee by the Supreme Personality is described as brahma, which indicates that the greatness of that mercy can be compared only to the all-pervasive greatness of Brahman
- The messenger concluded, "All the kings are very anxious to see You (Krsna) so that they can all personally surrender at Your lotus feet. My dear Lord, be merciful upon them and act for their good fortune"
- The messenger said, "Dear Lord, who can estimate Your mercy & powerful activities? You are present always as the insurmountable force of eternal time, baffling the indefatigable desires of the materialists, who are thus repeatedly confused & frustrated"
- The Nagapatnis said, "O Lord, You have descended especially for the purpose of annihilating all kinds of disturbing elements within the world, and because You (Krsna) are the Absolute Truth, there is no difference between Your mercy and Your punishment
- The Nagapatnis said, "This apparent punishment of Kaliya is actually some benediction. We consider that Your great mercy is upon us because when You punish someone it is to be understood that the reactions of his sinful activities are eradicated"
- The nondevotee do not recognize that "It is Krsna's prasadam; by mercy of Krsna I have got it." That is nondevotee. And a devotee recognizes. This is the distinction between devotee and nondevotee
- The Pandavas are most fortunate because with all good luck they were entirely dependent on the mercy of the Lord
- The Pandavas were so malleable to the will of the Lord that they could sacrifice any amount of energy for the service of the Lord, and by such unalloyed determination they could secure the Lord's mercy in any shape they desired
- The pious and intelligent person thinks that the sufferings inflicted upon him due to his previous sinful activities are only slight because of the Lord's mercy, and that by His mercy all suffering can be relieved in moment
- The plans of the Supreme Personality of Godhead are understood by His mercy, and the plans of the devotees are as good as His plans. One should follow such plans and be victorious in the struggle for existence
- The purport is that when a person is a pure devotee but at the same time, by miscalculation, wants to lord it over material nature, the Lord shows His special mercy by taking away all material opulences until at last he surrenders unto the Supreme Lord
- The real ocean of mercy is Krsna and it is the duty of the spiritual master to tell his disciple to come to the ocean and be happy. The spiritual master's duty is to lead the disciple to this ocean
- The spiritual master is the mercy representative of the Supreme Lord, and as such he is given honor as good as Krishna, but he is never identical with Krishna
- The Supreme Lord, who can award liberation to anyone, showed more mercy toward the gopis than to Lord Brahma, Lord Siva or even the goddess of fortune, who is His own wife and is associated with His body
- The transcendental causeless mercy of Lord Krsna is manifested in the heart of the devotee. At such a time, material needs no longer exist. The lamentation that invariably accompanies material desires also vanishes
- The true acarya, the spiritual master of the entire world, must be considered an incarnation of Krsna's mercy. Indeed, he is personally embracing Krsna
- Then let me offer my respectful obeisances to the ocean of mercy, Lord Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- There shall be combined mercy of Krsna and guru. Then our mission of Krsna consciousness will be successful. This is the secret. Krsna is always within you
- These material disturbances cannot be subsided by your concocted method. It can be subsided by the mercy bestowed by Krsna
- They (the cowherd men) began to praise Nanda Maharaja, because by consulting him their doubts about Krsna were cleared. They said, "Let Krsna, who is so kind, beautiful and merciful, protect us"
- They (the people of Kundina) prayed to the Personality of Godhead, "Our dear Lord, if we have performed any pious activities with which You are satisfied, kindly be merciful upon us and accept the hand of Rukmini"
- Thinking his material position insignificant, Sanatana was prepared to become a mendicant. Appreciating the activities of Sanatana Gosvami, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu praised his action and thanked Krsna for His mercy upon him
- This attitude of serving first the spiritual master is the correct one, for only by the mercy of the spiritual master can one obtain the mercy of Krsna
- This is Krsna consciousness movement, raja-vidya. All these centers are being opened to give opportunity the people to take advantage of the mercy of guru and Krsna. This is Caitanya Mahaprabhu cult, guru-krsna krpa
- This is Krsna's mercy, that "This rascal was My devotee, and now he is so fallen. All right, he is attracted to his children." So He gave the conscience, "Now keep your son's name Narayana"
- This movement means taking mercy from the ocean of mercy of Krsna and distribute it all over the world, so that again the merciful water goes down to the sea
- This spontaneous love for Krsna can be developed only by the special mercy of Krsna or His pure devotee
- We actually see that even those who are very great scientists in the eyes of the general public cannot understand the very simple idea that life comes from life, because they do not have the mercy of Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- We cannot demand any grace or mercy from the Lord because of our service rendered to Him. He may accept or not accept our service, but the only means to satisfy the Lord is through the service attitude, and nothing else
- When a conditioned soul becomes a devotee of Krsna, the Lord, by His causeless mercy, trains him in two ways: He trains him from without as the spiritual master, and He trains him from within as the Supersoul
- When a person is developed in love of Godhead, his body, mind and everything else are attracted by the transcendental qualities of the Lord. Such is the power of Krsna's merciful activities and transcendental qualities
- When he (Bahulasva) found that the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, and all the great sages (Narada and others) were at his home, he was astonished, and he began to thank Lord Krsna for His causeless mercy
- When He (Lord Krsna) descends on the material plane, out of His causeless mercy He accepts one of His great devotees as His father to keep pace with the rules of the material world
- When I received news that you are to be operated I was perturbed but I submitted prayer to Krsna & am glad that Krsna is so merciful. He saved your life and your baby. So I am grateful to Krsna & you should know how much grateful we should all be to Krsna
- When Lord Krsna saw that they (the kings & Sisupala) were going to fight in the arena of the auspicious Rajasuya-yajna, He personally pacified them. Out of His causeless mercy He Himself decided to kill Sisupala
- When one is convinced of the presence of the Lord by a practical service attitude, there is a revelation by the Lord's mercy, and such a pure devotee of the Lord can perceive the Lord's presence always and everywhere
- When one receives the seed of devotional service by the mercy of the guru and Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, one's real life begins
- When service is rendered in affection, it is the Lord’s special mercy. When service is rendered in veneration, it is doubtful whether Krsna’s mercy is actually involved
- When service is rendered in veneration, it is doubtful whether Krsna's mercy is actually involved. If Krsna's mercy is there, it is not dependent on any prescribed caste or creed
- When such impediments (to Krsna consciousness) arise he should simply think of Krsna and expect His mercy. That is the only solace. If the devotee passes his days in that spirit, it is certain that he is going to be promoted to the abode of the Lord
- When the last illusion is also cleared off by the mercy of the Lord, the living entity again becomes reinstated in his original position and thus becomes actually liberated
- When the Lord heard that Bali Maharaja was performing asvamedha sacrifices under the patronage of brahmanas belonging to the Bhrgu dynasty, the Supreme Lord, who is full in every respect, proceeded there to show His mercy to Bali Maharaja
- When the princesses saw the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, enter the palace, they immediately became captivated by the beauty of the Lord and prayed for His causeless mercy
- Without guru's krpa, one cannot reach Krsna, and without Krsna's krpa, one cannot get a bona fide spiritual master. This is correlative terms
- Without Krsna's mercy there cannot be sun, without His mercy there cannot be moon, and without His mercy there cannot be fire, and without the help of sun, moon and fire, no one can live. These are some thoughts to provoke Krsna consciousness
- Without Krsna's mercy, therefore, no one can understand the Sankhya philosophy or any philosophy which is especially meant for liberation
- Yogis are aspiring after many siddhis (powers) - anima, laghima, prapti, etc. However, a devotee is not at all interested in these things because he is fully dependent on the mercy of Krsna
- You are successfully carrying on the Sankirtana Movement and Krishna is giving you encouragement by mercifully giving some money also. So rest assured that Sankirtana Movement is specifically benedicted by Lord Caitanya for achieving all kinds of success
- You have got very nice good planet, very nice city, Rome and London and America, this and that. That's all right. But as soon as it is dark, you cannot see anything. The mercy of sunshine, Krsna's mercy, is there. Therefore you can see. You can enjoy
- You just remain fixed up in devotional service, and all impediments that may come will be vanquished by the unlimited potency of the Lord. We should have faith in His Power, His Grace, and His Causeless Mercy
- You should understand that a devotee is never under any karmic reaction. Whatever is happening is the mercy of Krishna. That should be the view point of the devotee
- Your Lordship previously accepted incarnations as a fish, a horse, a tortoise, Narasimhadeva, a boar, a swan, Lord Ramacandra, Parasurama and, among the demigods, Vamanadeva, to protect the entire world by Your mercy
- Your proposal for travelling and distributing books all over India is very good. Krishna will bless you with His mercy. Take books and sell and spend for your expenses
- Your temple building seems to be very suitable. And the rent is very reasonable also. It is all Krishna's mercy. So take proper advantage and develop it nicely
- Your wife has left & you are feeling that it is all Krishna's mercy. That is nice attitude. So if that is how you are feeling & you are appreciating brahmachary life, then simply forget your wife & engage yourself wholeheartedly in devotional activities
- Yudhisthira said, "Actually, we are fit to be punished by You (Krsna), but the wonder is that instead of punishing us You so kindly and mercifully accept our orders and carry them out properly"