Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
island | islands
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Island"
The following 66 pages are in this category, out of 66 total.
- After visiting this place (Kerala), He (Balarama) came to Gokarna-tirtha, where Siva is constantly worshiped. He then visited the temple of Aryadevi, which is completely surrounded by water. From that island He went on to a place known as Surparaka
- All the dvipas, or islands (on the Bhu-mandala planetary system), are surrounded by different types of oceans, and it is said that the breadth of each ocean is the same as that of the island it surrounds
- Because of the power of his severe austerities, all the rivers and oceans were agitated, the surface of the globe, with its mountains and islands, began trembling, and the stars and planets fell. All directions were ablaze
- Beyond Puskaradvipa there are two islands, one always lit by the sunshine and the other always dark. Between them is a mountain called Lokaloka, which is situated one billion miles from the edge of the universe
- Describe how the creation of the globes throughout the universe, the four directions of the heavens, the sky, the planets, the stars, the mountains, the rivers, the seas and the islands, as well as their different kinds of inhabitants, takes place
- Dhruvaloka, or the polestar, is the abode of Lord Visnu within this material world. Upon it there is an ocean of milk, and within that ocean there is an island known as Svetadvipa
- Each island (the seven islands from the planetary system Bhu-mandala, called Jambu, Plaksa, Salmali, Kusa, Kraunca, Saka and Puskara) is twice as large as the one preceding it, and each is surrounded by a liquid substance, beyond which is the next island
- Each ocean (surrounding the seven islands in the planetary system known as Bhu-mandala) is equal in breadth to the island it surrounds
- Every planet is round, and each planet is a different shelter, just like islands in the great ocean. Planets are sometimes called dvipa or varsa. This earth planet is called Bharata-varsa because it was ruled by King Bharata
- I have no objection to your moving the farm on the same island with the temple, but you can purchase a farm separate and keep the present house. What will be gained by selling the house? I do not like this idea
- I know that you are good preacher and sincere boy, and Revatinandana Maharaja is also sannyasi, so you work together with him and with the others in cooperative spirit to spread this Krsna Consciousness movement widely all over the British Isles
- I think Hawaii is a good place; the people are interested and they are beginning to come. So you may make Hawaii New Navadvipa. Hawaii is already dvipa (island), so you make it into Navadvipa
- I want to know what would be the approximate cost for production and transportation of Kaliya-Krsna, Radha-Krsna, and Guru & Gauranga Deities to Fiji Island?
- I wish that you establish at least ten centers in Australia or in the adjoining islands. That is my desire
- In Dvaraka-puri, Pradyumna is the predominator. On the island known as Svetadvipa, there is an ocean of milk, and in the midst of that ocean is a place called Airavati-pura, where Aniruddha lies on Ananta
- In the opinion of some learned scholars, eight smaller islands surround Jambudvipa
- In the opinion of some learned scholars, eight smaller islands surround Jambudvipa. When the sons of Maharaja Sagara were searching all over the world for their lost horse, they dug up the earth, and in this way eight adjoining islands came into existence
- It is to be understood that all the dvipas, or islands, are surrounded by different types of oceans, and it is said herein that the breadth of each ocean is the same as that of the island it surrounds
- Jambavan continued, "In this way the ocean was forced to give way and allow Ramacandra to cross to the island known as Lanka"
- Jambavan continued, "This island is now said to be Ceylon. Lord Ramacandra's construction of a bridge over the ocean from Cape Comorin to Ceylon is still well known to everyone"
- Kaliya took shelter within the water of the Yamuna for the following reason. Just as Garuda went to the island of the Kaliya snake, he also used to go to the Yamuna to catch fish to eat
- Kusadvipa's inhabitants worship the Supreme Personality of Godhead in the form of Agni, the fire-god. The width of this island is 6,400,000 miles, or, in other words, twice the width of Salmalidvipa
- Maharaja Priyavrata divided the surface of the globe into different islands so that each class of men would live peacefully and not clash with the others. The modern idea of nationhood has gradually developed from the divisions made by Maharaja Priyavrata
- Mr. Alexander Shellkirk, he is lamenting, he was thrown in isolated island, that society, friendship and love, divinely bestowed upon man. This is of course true. The society, friendship and love as we materially experience have got some fascination
- On Plaksadvipa there is a tree shining like gold and as tall as the jambu tree on Jambudvipa. At its root is a fire with seven flames. It is because this tree is a plaksa tree that the island is called Plaksadvipa
- On Salmalidvipa there is a salmali tree, from which the island takes its name. That tree is as broad and tall as the plaksa tree - in other words 100 yojanas (800 miles) broad and 1,100 yojanas (8,800 miles) tall
- Outer space is like an ocean of air. Just as there are islands in the watery ocean, these planets in the ocean of space are called dvipas, or islands in outer space
- Outer space may be compared to an ocean of air, and each and every planet is floating on it just as a boat or island floats on the ocean. Sometimes planets are called dvipa, or islands, and sometimes they are called boats
- Seated on His chariot with Arjuna, Krsna proceeded north, crossing over many planetary systems. These are described in Srimad-Bhagavatam as sapta-dvipa. Dvipa means "island." These planets are sometimes described in the Vedic literature as dvipas
- She (mother Yasoda) saw within the mouth of Krsna the whole sky, including the luminaries, stars in all directions, the sun, moon, fire, air, seas, islands, mountains, rivers, forests and all other movable and immovable entities
- Sometimes the planets in outer space are called islands. We have experience of various types of islands in the ocean, and similarly the various planets, divided into fourteen lokas, are islands in the ocean of space
- Sukadeva Gosvami informed the King that the island known as Nagalaya was inhabited by serpents and that Kaliya was one of the chief serpents there. Being accustomed to eating snakes, Garuda used to come to this island and kill many serpents at will
- The breadth of the first island (called Jambudvipa, situated on the Bhu-mandala planetary system) is 100,000 yojanas. One yojana equals eight miles, and therefore the breadth of the first island is calculated to be 800,000 miles
- The dead bodies of the elephants appeared like small islands, and the dead horses appeared like sharks. By the arrangement of the supreme will, there was a great river of blood filled with paraphernalia
- The great sage Narayana continued, "Their discussion was on the subject matter of understanding the Absolute Truth, Brahman. You were not present at that meeting because you had gone to see My expansion Aniruddha, who lives on the island of Svetadvipa"
- The inhabitants of the five islands beginning with Plaksadvipa worship the sun-god, the moon-god, the fire-god, the air-god and Lord Brahma respectively
- The island (Plaksadvipa) is divided into seven regions, each with a mountain and a large river
- The island (Puskaradvipa) is divided in two by a large mountain named Manasottara. The inhabitants of this island worship Svayambhu, another feature of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The island known as Svetadvipa, which is in the ocean of milk, is transcendental. It has nothing to do with this material world
- The island of Plaksadvipa, which is twice as broad as Jambudvipa, is surrounded by an ocean of salt water. The master of this island is Idhmajihva, one of the sons of Maharaja Priyavrata
- The master of this island (Krauncadvipa) is Ghrtaprstha, another son of Maharaja Priyavrata. The inhabitants of this island worship the Supreme Personality of Godhead in the form of water
- The names of the islands (from the planetary system Bhu-mandala) are Jambu, Plaksa, Salmali, Kusa, Kraunca, Saka and Puskara
- The Personality of Godhead Sri Ramacandra attempted to bridge the Indian Ocean to reach the island of Lanka, but Sri Hanumanji, the unalloyed devotee of the Personality of Godhead, could cross the ocean simply by jumping over it
- The planet on which we are living is called Jambudvipa. Outer space is taken as a great ocean of air, and within that great ocean of air there are many islands, which are the different planets
- The planetary system known as Bhu-mandala resembles a lotus flower, and its seven islands resemble the whorl of that flower. The length and breadth of the island known as Jambudvipa, which is situated in the middle of the whorl
- The second island (in the Bhu-mandala system) is called Salmalidvipa. It is surrounded by an ocean of liquor and is 3,200,000 miles wide, twice as wide as Plaksadvipa. The master of this island is Yajnabahu, one of the sons of Maharaja Priyavrata
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: Freed from all sinful reactions are those who rise from bed at the end of night, early in the morning, and fully concentrate their minds with great attention upon the white island, Svetadvipa
- This chapter describes why Kaliya entered the River Yamuna after leaving his home, Nagalaya, one of the dvipas, which according to some corresponds to the Fiji Islands
- This earthly planet contains seven seas and many islands and lands, of which Bharata-varsa is considered the most pious. People of Bharata-varsa are accustomed to glorifying the activities of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- When Garuda, the great devotee-carrier of Visnu, understood that Kaliya was eating the offered sacrifices, he became very angry and rushed to the island to kill the offensive serpent
- When the demigods and demons saw that Mandara Mountain had been lifted, they were enlivened and encouraged to begin churning again. The mountain rested on the back of the great tortoise, which extended for eight hundred thousand miles like a large island
- Yasoda saw in Krsna's mouth the entire outer space in all directions, mountains, islands, oceans, seas, planets, air, fire, moon and stars. Along with the moon and the stars she also saw all the elements - water, sky and the extensive ethereal existence
- Yes, the plan you have sited for the lake and island is approved by me. I am very glad that you are doing this work and since the work started on September 8th, it is already going on
- You organize the center in such a way that we can in future open centers in Hong Kong, Tokyo, Fiji, Bangkok, Sydney, and New Zealand, and all neighboring Pacific islands