Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
improper | improperly
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Improper"
The following 38 pages are in this category, out of 38 total.
- All the great, learned sages present realized that although they considered the action of Lord Balarama improper, the Lord was immediately able to compensate with greater profits
- Although Lord Siva sometimes very liberally gives such benedictions to his devotees, the difficulty is that the demons, being very cunning, sometimes want to experiment improperly with such benedictions
- Anyone who deviates from his prescribed duty and declares another's duty to be his own is following a foul and improper duty
- As far as the urges of the genitals are concerned, there are two - proper and improper, or legal and illicit sex
- As such, it is not improper to conclude that the living entities appearing within this material world in different shapes, such as human beings, demigods, animals, birds and beasts, all get their respective bodies due to different desires
- Balarama said "King Ugrasena knows very well that you warriors of the Kuru dynasty improperly fought with the pious Samba, who was alone, and that with great difficulty and unrighteous tactics you have arrested him"
- Balarama said "We have all heard this news (Bhismadeva, Dhrtarastra, Dronacarya, Duryodhana and Bahlika faught with Samba improperly), but we are not very much agitated because we are most intimately related to one another"
- Balarama said, "Every statement they (Kurus) made was full of crazy proposals. I should immediately take them to task and bring them to their senses. If I do not take steps against them, it will be improper on My part"
- By recitation of the hymns of the Vedas in the proper way, certainly the performer gets relief from the reactions of sins, but in case of such sacrifices improperly done under inexpert management, surely one has to become responsible for animal sacrifice
- By such improper study or hearing of Bhagavatam, the material opportunists have played havoc by indulgence in sex life in the name of Bhagavatam
- If one thinks that Visnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is the only perfect personality whereas the demigods, even such demigods as Lord Siva, are inclined to improper social affairs, he is an offender
- If one who is eager for devotional service utters the holy name even partially or improperly, the holy name, which is identical with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, exhibits its spiritual potency because of that person's offenseless utterance
- Independence implies that one can use it properly or improperly. It is not static; it is dynamic. Therefore, misuse of independence is the cause of being influenced by maya
- Krsna is explaining about the demonic nature. The first characteristic of demonic nature is they do not know what should be the pravrtti and what should be nivrtti, proper and improper action
- Krsna is the supreme proprietor. So when everything is used for the fulfillment of the will of the proprietor, that is proper use. Otherwise improper use
- The best thing is that they should be educated to become gentlemen. Keep guns, but they may not improperly use them
- The fighting was conducted in the ksatriya spirit, so all together (Karna, Sala, Bhuri, Yajnaketu, Duryodhana and Bhismadeva), although it was improper, they obliged Samba to get down from his chariot, now broken to pieces
- The great sage Narada immediately carried the news to the Yadu dynasty that Samba had been arrested and told them the whole story. The members of the Yadu dynasty became very angry at Samba's being arrested, and improperly so by six warriors
- The idea is that any man may be given the chance to become a brahmana, but if he improperly uses the position of a brahmana without actual realization, then his elevation to the brahminical position is not valid
- The instructions of Bhagavad-gita are open to everyone, but some people understand them properly, whereas others understand them so improperly that they cannot even believe in the existence of Krsna, although reading Krsna's book
- The letters of the holy name have so much spiritual potency that they act even when uttered improperly
- The Lord (Balarama) replied, "Yes, I must atone for this action, which may have been proper for Me but is improper for others; therefore, I think it is My duty to execute a suitable act of atonement enjoined in the authorized scriptures"
- The pious King regretted his accidental improper treatment of the powerful brahmana, who was faultless
- The sages said, "He (Romaharsana) was seated on the vyasasana by our (sages) election, and when one is seated on the vyasasana, it is improper for him to stand up to receive a person"
- The scientists can falsely, improperly declare that there is no God, but this is not a fact
- The son of Dronacarya, who made use of this subtle science, did not know how to retract. He applied it, being afraid of his imminent death, and thus the practice was not only improper but also irreligious
- This statement by Lord Balarama definitely confirms that the Supreme Personality of Godhead is free to act in any way. Although His killing of Romaharsana Suta may be considered improper, He could immediately counteract it with greater profit to all
- We Kurus, can't allow them (the Yadus) to do any more of these things, nor shall we allow them to use these royal insignias. Best to take all these things away; it is improper to feed a snake with milk, since merciful activities simply increase his venom
- Without the Lord's relation, worship of the demigods is unauthorized (avidhi-purvakam), just as it is improper to water the leaves and branches of a tree without watering its root