Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
hymn | hymns
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Vedic Hymns (117 P)
Pages in category "Hymn"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- Accepting nonpermanent things, such demoniac people create their own God, create their own hymns and chant accordingly. The result is that they become more and more attracted to two things - sex enjoyment and accumulation of material wealth
- Austerity in the form of meditation is My (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) heart, Vedic knowledge in the form of hymns and mantras constitutes My body, and spiritual activities and ecstatic emotions are My actual form
- Narada Muni tells his disciple, Vyasadeva, "My dear Vyasa, you should know that persons who are engaged in executing austerities and penances, studying the Vedas, performing big sacrifices, chanting the hymns of the Vedas"
- No mundane scholar can translate or reveal the true import of the Vedic mantras (hymns). They cannot be understood unless one is inspired or initiated by the authorized spiritual master
- Now the question which was raised by the great rsis headed by Saunaka regarding the confidential part of Suta's achievement through the spiritual masters is explained herein by the chanting of this hymn consisting of thirty-three letters
- Since his life was in danger, he (Asvatthama) touched water in sanctity and concentrated upon the chanting of the hymns for throwing nuclear weapons, although he did not know how to withdraw such weapons
- So far as singing of the Christian hymns, if others sing this we have no objection, it is very nice, but in these hymns they have no definite idea of what is God
- Tat tvam asi is but a side word in the Vedic literatures, and therefore this word cannot be the primeval hymn of the Vedas. Sripada Sankaracarya has given more stress on the side word tat tvam asi than on the primeval principle omkara
- The impersonalists do not have the power to go beyond the effulgence of God and arrive at the Personality of Godhead, from whom this effulgence is emanating. The Isopanisad is a hymn to that Personality of Godhead
- The once-born man is unfit to chant the Vedic hymns, and therefore there is no practical utility of chanting the original hymns
- The science of logical argument, the Vedic goals of life, and also law and order, moral codes, and the celebrated hymns bhuh, bhuvah and svah all became manifested from the mouths of Brahma, and the pranava omkara was manifested from his heart
- The subtle science of chanting hymns is also material, but it has yet to be known by the modern material scientists. Subtle material science is not spiritual, but it has a direct relationship with the spiritual method, which is still subtler
- The Vedic hymn Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare can be chanted both softly to oneself or loudly; therefore it is called the maha-mantra, or the great hymn
- There are various details to be observed in the performance of sacrifices. They are known as desa, place; kala, time; prthag-dravya, the different detailed paraphernalia; mantra, hymns; tantra, scriptural evidences
- Wandering and wandering throughout the universe, he may by chance get the association of a devotee physician, whose instructions and hymns make the witch of the external energy flee
- We never tire of hearing the transcendental pastimes of the Personality of Godhead, who is glorified by hymns and prayers. Those who have developed a taste for transcendental relationships with Him relish hearing of His pastimes at every moment
- What then is the purpose of the ritualistic sections of the Vedic literature, and what is the purpose of the upasana-kanda, which contains different mantras or hymns for worshiping various demigods?
- When a mantra or hymn is chanted softly and slowly, that is called japa. The same mantra, when chanted loudly, is called kirtana