Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
hobgoblin | hobgoblins | goblins
Pages in category "Hobgoblins"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.
- Narada Muni said: "My dear Lord (Krsna), You have advented Yourself on the surface of this earth just to kill all the so-called kings who are actually demons. These hobgoblins are cheating people in the dress of the princely order"
- Narayan said, "He (Siva) has become the leader of the ghosts and hobgoblins. Therefore I cannot put any faith in his words"
- Srila Haridasa explained that just as fear of nocturnal creatures like thieves, ghosts, and hobgoblins evaporates at dawn's first light, so all sins and offences are erased and liberation is attained in the clearing stage of chanting the holy name
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura comments that Bhuta had two wives. One of them, Sarupa, gave birth to the eleven Rudras, and the other wife gave birth to the associates of the Rudras known as the ghosts and hobgoblins
- The demons or demoniac persons - the Gandharvas, the Siddhas, the Vidyadharas, the Caranas, the Yaksas, the Raksasas, the Pisacas, the ghosts and the hobgoblins - are by nature incapable of worshiping You (Balarama) or becoming Your devotees
- The ghosts and hobgoblins took possession of the body thrown off in the form of yawning by Brahma, the creator of the living entities. This is also known as the sleep which causes drooling
- The hobgoblins and ghosts attack men who are impure, and their attack is spoken of as insanity
- Their (the ten million Rudras') associates, the ghosts and goblins, who are very fearful, were born of the other wife of Bhuta