Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
gorgeous | gorgeousness | gorgeously
Pages in category "Gorgeous"
The following 56 pages are in this category, out of 56 total.
- A devotee should not live very gorgeously and imitate a materialistic person. Plain living and high thinking are recommended for a devotee
- A gorgeous temple means many flowers, beautiful decorations, and prasadam distribution. Some sort of kirtana must go on continuously. Further, chanting 16 rounds must be completed, that is our spiritual strength
- According to the Vedic system, when a girl is married, she is very profusely and gorgeously decorated with costly saris and jewelry, and during the marriage ceremony the bride circumambulates the bridegroom seven times
- After dressing themselves in this gorgeous way, they (the cowherd men) took various kinds of presentations and thus approached the house of Nanda Maharaja
- Even today in India, this festival (the incident of Krsna's breaking the pot of yogurt and being bound by mother Yasoda) is generally celebrated very gorgeously in the month of Karttika by fireworks and lights, especially in Bombay
- Eyes should be engaged to see the Deity, very gorgeously, nicely dressed. Then our eyes will not ask, "Oh, let me see this beautiful woman." No. You will see the most beautiful woman, Radharani
- Flower garlands should be expanded, and all expenditures for the deities must be expanded without any miserly contemplation. Our temple should be so gorgeously decorated that we shall excel all Bombay temples. This is my idea
- From Moscow I went to Paris. Paris is a very nice city, better than London. All historical buildings are here and they are very gorgeous and panoramic. So we have got a very nice center there
- I have heard that the Government allots free gift land for religious temples. If such land is available, then we can immediately take up the project of constructing a very gorgeous style Indian temple
- I have seen films of the Deity worship in Nairobi and it is very gorgeous. Proper Deity worship means to be clean, punctually and nice offerings of foodstuffs
- I thank you very much for the beautiful ornaments that you have so kindly sent for my Deities. Immediately upon receipt of them I have placed these ornaments upon Sri Sri Radha Krishna, and they are looking very gorgeous
- I will expect your tickets when we arrive in Paris and I will be very pleased to attend the gorgeous Melbourne Ratha-yatra festival
- If somebody gives me a new dress, so I say: "Oh, it is a new dress. Very nice." So that is my enjoyment. Similarly if you satisfy Krsna daily a very gorgeous dress. Just like today I see it is very nice. This kind of dress should be supplied to Krsna
- If we engage our money in constructing a gorgeous temple, we are freed from the reactions of our endeavors. This is for our benefit
- If you become an advanced, civilized man simply to make a gorgeous scheme of this eating, sleeping, mating, and defending, you remain animal
- In Madras we have to construct a very gorgeous temple. In Nellore the owners of the land are putting so many impossible conditions that we cannot construct. So that foundation stone can be brought to Madras and used for the Madras temple
- In order to observe the great ceremony, many wives of the demigods had come in different airplanes & they were visible in the sky. Similarly, the queens of the royal family, gorgeously decorated & surrounded by bodyguards, arrived on different palanquins
- In the village of Pancakrosi Vrndavana, at the site where the Govinda temple is now situated, there was a great temple where gorgeous worship of Gopala was performed
- In this way the Deity worship in the temple was very gorgeously performed for two years. Then one day Madhavendra Puri had a dream
- Indirectly Kutila was insulted by the following statement, "My dear Kutila, daughter of Jatila, your breasts are as long as string beans - simply dry and long. Your nose is so gorgeous that it is defying the beauty of the noses of frogs"
- King Prataparudra said, "Hold this festival in such a gorgeous way that upon seeing it Caitanya Mahaprabhu will be completely pleased and astonished"
- King should donate to brahmanas. We are a society of brahmanas, therefore the king should donate us those temples and we shall keep them in his name, and we shall renovate them and make them very gorgeous for the foreign tourists
- Krishna has given you American intelligence, and I think this New York City is the greatest city in the world. So all you managers cooperate together and do something gorgeous
- On hearing the words of Garga Muni, Nanda Maharaja said, "If there is such danger, then it is better not to plan any gorgeous name-giving ceremony. It would be better for you to simply chant the Vedic hymns and perform the purificatory process"
- Our new temple house is very, very nice, and the boys and girls here have renovated and decorated it very gorgeously. When the temple room is complete with the new altars, thrones, etc. I will send you some pictures
- Our only ambition is that the birthsite of Bhaktivinode Thakura must be gorgeous and attractive so that people may come to see from all parts of the world
- Paris is a very nice city, better than London. All historical buildings are there and they are very gorgeous and panoramic. So we have got a very nice center there
- People, at the present moment, they are neither Pariksit Maharaja nor Sukadeva Gosvami. So how it is possible to finish Srimad-Bhagavatam within seven days? That is not possible. It has become a profession, that gorgeousness
- Somehow or other, you become Krsna conscious. There is no difficulty. "No, I have no money. I cannot worship Krsna in this way, so gorgeously." No. That Krsna does not say
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was a little astonished to see the gorgeous arrangement, and gesturing, He spoke to Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya
- The brahmana entered one palace which was very gorgeously decorated. When he entered this beautiful palace, he felt that he was swimming in the ocean of transcendental pleasure. He felt himself constantly diving and surfacing in that transcendental ocean
- The gate of Mathura was made of first-class marble, very well constructed, and the doors were made of pure gold. There were gorgeous orchards and gardens all around, and the whole city was encircled by canals so that no enemy could enter very easily
- The guests from many kingdoms, like Srnjaya, Kamboja, Kuru, Kekaya & Kosala, were present with their different flags & gorgeously decorated elephants, chariots, horses & soldiers. All of them passed in a procession, with Yudhisthira in the forefront
- The magazine is gorgeous, better than Dia Nippon. Continue the standard, increase the pages, increase the articles, increase the distribution. May Krsna bless you more and more. Offer my blessings to your wife
- The members of the Yadu dynasty came to Kuruksetra in their gorgeously decorated chariots, which resembled the airplanes of the demigods and which were pulled by big horses that moved like the waves of the ocean
- The people of the West are seeing their students becoming hippies, despite gorgeous arrangements for university education. The Krsna consciousness movement, however, is trying to convert misguided, drug-addicted students to the service of Krsna
- These rascals they have created a gorgeous civilization. What is that? Just like in your country especially, a gorgeous truck for sweeping. The business is sweeping, and for that they have manufactured a gorgeous truck: Gut, gut, gut, gut, gut, gut, gut
- These two were then initiated by Madhavendra Puri, and he entrusted them with the daily service of the Lord. This service was performed continuously, and the worship of the Deity became very gorgeous. Thus Madhavendra Puri was very pleased
- This dress of Krsna is described as gorgeous. As a baby elephant is sometimes dressed in colorful clothing, so Krsna's gorgeousness was manifested by decoration with such colorful clothing on the different parts of His body
- We are making our temples very nice and gorgeous so that people will come and take Krishna consciousness
- We can attract people by some gorgeous show, but inside there must be strict purity and seriousness, otherwise, we shall be attracted by the gorgeous show only
- We performed Lord Caitanya's Birthday ceremony, not very gorgeously, but amongst ourselves, and Govinda dasi cooked very nice Ekadasi foodstuffs. The next day I expected some big ceremony but it couldn't be performed
- We spend for God. We are servant of God. We want to see God gorgeously situated, and for us we have no comforts, we don't care for any comfort